The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aces and Eights - Your views

+9
Adam D
JoshSansom
dyrewolfe
Aaronb33
Kay Fabe
Samo
talkingpoint
Hero
VDT
13 posters

Go down

Aces and Eights - Your views Empty Aces and Eights - Your views

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to see what peoples general thoughts were on how Aces and Eights is panning out.

I'm really intrigued about the storyline and I think it is a really good angle with Taz getting involved. I can't wait to see what will happen in coming weeks.

I think they need to do something other than just attack random people at random times though.

I would love to see this progress into something more than it is.

What are your views?

Back to top Go down

Aces and Eights - Your views Empty Re: Aces and Eights - Your views

Post by VDT Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:37 am

I really enjoyed it to begin with actually got me watching TNA again! but its dragged on too long and now it seems to be turning into yet another failed attempt at an ECW reunion/invasion angle!

I predict Shane Douglas will the leader!

Sandman, Stevie Richards & Blue meanie to be umasked in the coming week! Ha ha ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:40 am

If Blue Meanie is unveiled then I hope he knows to appear in military time.

(last night he was meant to appear on the podcast recording, he bailed out due to not understanding 20:00 was 8pm and to quote 'I don't do military times')

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

I get the feeling TNA want the whole Aces & 8s 'invasion' to be this epic storyline rather than just a way of breaking new stars into the roster. It feels like they're trying to do more with it than simple form a stable just to break it up once all the new signings have been unveiled. I certainly see it going at least until Lockdown with a lethal lockdown being the most natural or predictable angle to take at the PPV. Knowing TNA they'll probably drag it out until BFG though.

In a way I think Aces & 8s have lost their direction - who is the mastermind? Will he ever be revealed? At this point I don't really care as long as they start booking them into proper feuds - DOC & Knox could enhance the tag team division going after Hernandez & Chavo. Devon has the TV title so he could be put into a programme with the likes of Joe, Angle, York etc

I like the Aces & 8s gimmick, I like their look and I like the idea of a biker gang brotherhood but I feel its lost its way.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:55 am

Does anyone else just see it being Bischoff and a giant TNA Frak up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:17 am

Spoiler:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:18 am

AntLord wrote:Does anyone else just see it being Bischoff and a giant TNA Frak up?

Yes. I think it will either be Jerrett or Bischoff. Could they do something with Abyss? That would be pretty cool if Joseph Park turned out to have multiple personality disorder abit like Mick Foley and Mankind and how Abyss is behind Aces & 8s while his 'brother' personality is in the fight against them. They could build a storyline about which personality is stronger Abyss or Park and have members of TNA & Aces & 8s battling to win over Park. Could get very muddled and confusing but could also be fresh and interesting...

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

Just when you think they can't incorporate anyone less interesting they manage to out do themselves

Devon
Luke Gallows
Mike Knox
Taz

Gallows and Knox did have potential but not in this kind of 'reveal' storyline

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

I still think Bully Ray will be the guy behind it so Hogan can smugly tell us he was right all along

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:50 pm

For me, they've dragged it out for too long It just doesn't interest me anymore.

If you look at the Roode-Storm feud, that's been going on well over a year, but it isn't stale. They're not on TV every week saying "I hate you, you're a bad man, let's fight!" but you know it's still going on. A&8s get far too much airtime to the point where it's become boring to me. A&8s being shoved down our throats obviously means Sting and Hogan get a hell of a lot of airtime too, airtime which could be used for an X-division, or tag, or knockout match.

The reveals have been very underwhelming also. Fair enough, the Devon reveal I thought they worked really well, nobody saw that one coming so at least it had a bit of surprise to it. Luke Gallows and Mike Knox though? Months of build up and we get a couple of ex-WWE guys who never got out of the mid-card?

Anderson joining is more like it, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Taz reveal was pretty good, but it wasn't spontaneous enough. You knew what was happening as soon as he started talking. I am looking forward to him cutting some promos though. That dude can talk.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 23 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

Actually, given his recent behaviour, I was starting to think Hogan might be behind it all...until he got beat up along with everyone else at the wedding.

To begin with it seemed like a novel twist on the old rival stables idea and I thought that Devon winning the TV title might see Aces & Eights brought properly "in-house". Since then though nothing's really changed. They still just show up to disrupt proceedings and injure people then disappear again. We're still no wiser as to who the ringleader is and what their ultimate goal is.

Anderson's defection to the gang was interesting, but its still only a side story to the main plot...whatever that may be.

Having Taz revealed as a member was certainly a surprise but personally I thought it smacked of desperation, done purely for a bit of shock value...unless its a way to ease him out, now that they have brought in Todd Keneley. Any rumours of Taz retiring?

Anyway, in summary the sooner they wrap this up, the better. I'd say they've got enough on their plate as it is, trying to juggle the heavyweight scene, tag team, X Division and Knockouts, week in, week out.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
AntLord wrote:Does anyone else just see it being Bischoff and a giant TNA Frak up?

Yes. I think it will either be Jerrett or Bischoff. Could they do something with Abyss? That would be pretty cool if Joseph Park turned out to have multiple personality disorder abit like Mick Foley and Mankind and how Abyss is behind Aces & 8s while his 'brother' personality is in the fight against them. They could build a storyline about which personality is stronger Abyss or Park and have members of TNA & Aces & 8s battling to win over Park. Could get very muddled and confusing but could also be fresh and interesting...

So basically the plot of Fight Club minus soap manufacture?... One of the better potential directions lol

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

my views on aces and eights has changed over the last two weeks.

It was one of the few things I didnt like on the show but its got better very quickly.

I also really like their entrance theme and the way its presented (backstage camera following them to the ring). The music is my fave of the moment and really worked at the live show.

I was also impressed at how good DOC was - huge guy with a lot of skill. If they booked him better, he could be a genuine top-mid card heel.

From a position of wanting it to end, I am more than happy at the moment for it to play out - the speed things have progressed in storyline over the last month might have just saved it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

So it looks TNA are going with the "higher power" storyline which was once used back in WWF where Vince was revealed as the higher power of the corporate minstry in what was a slightly disappointing reveal.

As a group I like them, the members are totally random but I like it. Taz as the mouth piece is a real good move, his promo on the recent impact was great.

Now it all leads to the question who is the higher power? A possible reveal at the next PPV Lockdown. Im thing along the lines of Bischoff or Jarrett surely?

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm

Is it just me or does Anderson look more like the Aces & 8's mechanic than a member of a biker gang.

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

Anderson does look like the preppi boy who's just trying to urine off his rich parents by joining a bad boys gang

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:12 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Anderson does look like the preppi boy who's just trying to urine off his rich parents by joining a bad boys gang

Something else that bothers me is that there have yet to be any convincing reasons given for any of the defections...just vague comments about them being peed off about stuff.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:25 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:Anderson does look like the preppi boy who's just trying to urine off his rich parents by joining a bad boys gang

Something else that bothers me is that there have yet to be any convincing reasons given for any of the defections...just vague comments about them being peed off about stuff.

the tazz mentioned something about the machine........i think creative there want someone to be behind the group but they havent thought of who yet so they are dragging it on til they find someone
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

As Kevin Nash has been tweeting about the group recently, i now predict he is the leader with D'Lo Brown as his Enforcer/Number 2!!! Laugh

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

Don't rule that out

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:51 pm

sjh5678 wrote:the tazz mentioned something about the machine........i think creative there want someone to be behind the group but they havent thought of who yet so they are dragging it on til they find someone

If that's the case then it's probably someone they don't actually have signed to them right now.

Like Booker T.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

I'm hoping for it to be Nick Hogan.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

or Crocodile Dundee, Paul Hogan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

I don't think he's related, that's just daft.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:01 pm

Hero wrote:I'm hoping for it to be Nick Hogan.

Defo the big guy turned out to be a robotic suit that Nicks been wearing!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

Im trying to think of a heffer it could be - I got as far as Vader!

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm

I reckon it could be Rikishi.

Damned if I know who he did it for though...

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 12 Feb 2013, 5:28 pm

Well at least Wes Briscoe came out with a fairly plausible reason for joining on this weekend's Impact show.

I can understand him being ticked off at having to go through Gut Check and start as a lower mid-carder with his family connections to the business.

Still waiting on Anderson, Bischoff and Taz...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:20 pm

Anderson gave his explanation - Hogan was quick to replace him with Bully at BFG and didn't even check whether he was okay. He felt slighted and forgotten about. Good enough reason for me.

Bischoff was overlooked for the TV title tournament by Hogan and has been undervalued and underutilized in his eyes.

Taz...well Taz just fits the bill.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:31 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I reckon it could be Rikishi.

Damned if I know who he did it for though...

TNA have got to book Rikishi vs Nick Hogan in a drag race for control of Aces and Eights

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:41 pm

aces & eights now have merch http://shoptna.com/aces-and-eights-t-shirt.aspx

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down