The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v McCloskey Preview

2 posters

Go down

Khan v McCloskey Preview Empty Khan v McCloskey Preview

Post by The Sweet Science UK Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 am

Here it is

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/khan-must-deliver/

leave comments if you get the chance please.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Khan v McCloskey Preview Empty Re: Khan v McCloskey Preview

Post by manos de piedra Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:35 am

I dont agree that Marquez is an unrealistic proposition for Khan or that Khan is unworthy of facing him. Khans style and speed has plenty to trouble Marquez at this stage in their respective careers. I dont think it would be deluded to consider him a viable opponent.

I would also disagree that Khan has to deliver a big performance. As a title holder he has the luxury that even if he were to squeak by looking unimpressive it would have next to no bearing on his future fights or a potential unification fight with Bradley. If Khan wins this fight, in whatever cirumstances, it will most likely be forgotten about quickly unless its some kind of classic.

For me, McCloskeys best chance is to fight out of the pocket. I dont think McCloskeys style is that of a toe to toe trader and he hasnt shown that hes capable of being a pressure fighter. Khan has looked weak at short and medium range so I think McCLoskey needs to try and keep Khan from his hit and run strategy and catch him up close where his unothodox countering and upper body movement can be used to maximum effect on Khan.

I expect Khan to win ultimately but there are so many unknown quantities about McCloskey that I could envisage it going lots of different ways depending on lots of different things.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down