The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan McCloskey Card

+9
HumanWindmill
Cotto89
novocastrian
huw
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
BoxingFan88
Snakeyman123
13 posters

Go down

Khan McCloskey Card Empty Khan McCloskey Card

Post by Snakeyman123 Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Going to this on Saturday but a bit concerned at the state of the undercard. Rees v Crolla is apparently off, Quigg and Macklin's fights also in doubt. Will there be any card left by Saturday? Does anyone know who is confirmed?

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Khan McCloskey Card Empty Re: Khan McCloskey Card

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Martin Murray vs. Anderson Carvalho (WBA middleweight interim title)
Rendall Munroe vs. Andrei Isaeu (WBA super bantamweight interim title)
Craig Watson vs. Lee Purdy (British welterweight title)

Not worth £14.95 if i'm honest. I'll stream the fight and watch el classico (real madrid vs barcelona).

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Current card:

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=614057

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am

Snakeyman123 wrote:Going to this on Saturday but a bit concerned at the state of the undercard. Rees v Crolla is apparently off, Quigg and Macklin's fights also in doubt. Will there be any card left by Saturday? Does anyone know who is confirmed?

How much were the tickets? It's a poor undercard and a poor main event. Macklin pulled out and the Rees vs Crolla fight is off but not sure why. Hatton was unlucky with the undercard Matthew has just fought or would be a co-feature. Was suprised he never went back to GBP and asked them to send over a couple of decnt fighters to help out the card.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:51 am

I hope this fight sells really bad, boxing fans getting shafted not by greedy promoters this time, but greedy fighters. Everybody needs to make money but i don't think he'll be starving anytime soon. A shocking card all round that went from being PPV, to free, to PPV. All to line Mr Khan's pockets, no thank you.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 am

Is the change on TV stations down to Khan or Hatton as Hatton seems to be getting credit as the promoter?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by novocastrian Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 am

God I hate giving anything to Primetime, but it's now unavoidable as I've mates coming over to watch and we can't fit six people round a laptop.

It says £14.95 on the website, but last time I dealt with them for the Froch vs Abraham fight, I paid the £14.95, plus £5 for a 30 minute phone call as they wouldn't let me order it through my sky box, then they decided it was good form to charge me a £2.95 handling fee for using a DEBIT card, not even a credit card, which they neglected to tell me about. The coverage was a joke to say the least, and the undercard was worse still.

I tried to complain about the hidden handling fee but they just ignored my Emails, and I certainly wasn't going to ring the F*_kers again! I'd have got more response shouting at Harvey Price from 100 yards for f**k sake!

Anyone else had trouble with Primetime?

novocastrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:08 pm

No mate have not dealt with them, doesn't sound good though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotto89 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi...i've been a regular visitor of the forums for like 2 years and your post has made me register

I used Primetime for Froch Direll...would never recommend using them.

We paid for a fight that they eventually made free to everyone anyway! And got no refund.

When you e-mail them they never respond.

If you look into who they are they sound pretty dodgy.. I honestly don't undertstand how they are allowed to do business and there's not really any customer service department so there's no way to complain about service.

I would say avoid Primetime like crazy..unless they've changed since the Dirrell fight but it doesn't look like it.

Cotto89 Very Happy Very Happy

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Welcome aboard, Cotto89.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotto89 Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks! Smile

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:10 pm

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/news/boxing/primetime-announce-televised-undercard-for-khan-vs-mccloskey/

“These exciting fights coupled with the eagerly anticipated Khan vs McCloskey bout promise an evening on nonstop action on the UK’s leading independent PPV broadcaster – Primetime!” Haha, don’t kid yourself Primetime.

Sadly I will be purchasing this fight though, as my love of boxing is stronger then my belief in value for money.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm

I was in me mates and he bought the Liverpool match and it was a joke!

There was no commentary for the first 30 mins and then when there was some, it was like they got some random fella in his Living room to commentate, who was saying thing about 5 seconds after they happened.

I would never used them.

There office must be in a bedroom with a couple of phones and a computer.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:15 pm

They rely on impulse buys, the registration fee is nonsense and completely counter productive.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:15 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Martin Murray vs. Anderson Carvalho (WBA middleweight interim title)
Rendall Munroe vs. Andrei Isaeu (WBA super bantamweight interim title)
Craig Watson vs. Lee Purdy (British welterweight title)

Not worth £14.95 if i'm honest. I'll stream the fight and watch el classico (real madrid vs barcelona).

Gold old “WBA International” Belts, to try and polish a t*rd of an undercard…

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotto89 Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Yeah. I would honestly urge anyone not to buy from them. Complete rip-off.

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:55 pm

This PPV is going to do embarrassingly low numbers.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:12 pm

With the awful numbers this will do I can’t actually see how Khan is going to get paid anymore then the £100k (or whatever it was) Sky offered to show it on SS3.

I guess all the arguments about TV stations may have given Primetime a lot more advertising then they would normally invest in before a fight they are showing.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:32 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
Snakeyman123 wrote:Going to this on Saturday but a bit concerned at the state of the undercard. Rees v Crolla is apparently off, Quigg and Macklin's fights also in doubt. Will there be any card left by Saturday? Does anyone know who is confirmed?

How much were the tickets? It's a poor undercard and a poor main event. Macklin pulled out and the Rees vs Crolla fight is off but not sure why. Hatton was unlucky with the undercard Matthew has just fought or would be a co-feature. Was suprised he never went back to GBP and asked them to send over a couple of decnt fighters to help out the card.

Well my Mrs got me them as birthday present - was looking forward to Rees Crolla particularly

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Snakeyman123 wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

Well my Mrs got me them as birthday present - was looking forward to Rees Crolla particularly

Should still be decent as it's always better live.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:57 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
Snakeyman123 wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

Should still be decent as it's always better live.

Well I'm looking forward to it, because I love my boxing, but strictly on an armchair basis so far Very Happy

Cheers

Snakey

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 pm

was on the way into old trafford for last nights match and there were loads of people handing out fliers for this fight. i presumed it was for primetime but it was for tickets for the m.e.n show. think its goes to show they really are struggling to sell it. anybody know roughly how many tickets have been sold so far?

be worth more money going than give primetime your money. if a card like this is struggling to sell its sometimes worth to get the cheapest tickets you can, then on the night of the fight get there early and see if there upgrading anybody. for the khan v kotelnik fight we got moved from 30 quid seats to 120 quid seats (was pretty much ringside). always a risk i know but they will often move people forward to make the venue look more full on tv and leave the cheap seats empty. either that or it was my fantastic man flirting with the steward.

i dont see why they dont put a big screen up and put the united v city semi on first. then show the boxing afterwards, might get few people through the doors. i watched the moscow final in there it was great. suppose the only problem with it being a derby is the trouble and keeping opposing fans apart.

was going to start a thread to suggest this to anybody who's going, but hope this helps snakey

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm

compelling and rich wrote:was on the way into old trafford for last nights match and there were loads of people handing out fliers for this fight. i presumed it was for primetime but it was for tickets for the m.e.n show. think its goes to show they really are struggling to sell it. anybody know roughly how many tickets have been sold so far?

be worth more money going than give primetime your money. if a card like this is struggling to sell its sometimes worth to get the cheapest tickets you can, then on the night of the fight get there early and see if there upgrading anybody. for the khan v kotelnik fight we got moved from 30 quid seats to 120 quid seats (was pretty much ringside). always a risk i know but they will often move people forward to make the venue look more full on tv and leave the cheap seats empty. either that or it was my fantastic man flirting with the steward.

i dont see why they dont put a big screen up and put the united v city semi on first. then show the boxing afterwards, might get few people through the doors. i watched the moscow final in there it was great. suppose the only problem with it being a derby is the trouble and keeping opposing fans apart.

was going to start a thread to suggest this to anybody who's going, but hope this helps snakey

A screen to show the football would be good but the fact it's a Manchester derby makes it a no go the police won't let it happen.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down