The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey

2 posters

Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey Empty Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Feb 2011, 8:23 am

Amir Khan will defend his WBA light-welterweight title against Northern Irishman Paul McCloskey.

Negotiations between the Khan and McCloskey camps broke down two weeks ago but the bout is now set to go ahead at Manchester's MEN Arena on 16 April.

"He [McCloskey] is meant to be a great fighter, undefeated and European champion," said Khan, 24.

"It's going to be a big night for me. He'll be fighting for a world title. I'm giving him that chance."

McCloskey's manager Francie McNicholl confirmed to BBC Sport that contracts had been signed.

The McCloskey camp had been unhappy at the financial terms being offered to their fighter but McNicholl said that the Irishman had been given "an improved deal".

"All contracts were signed late on Saturday night," added McNicholl.

"After receiving the improved offer, we are now delighted that the fight is going to happen."

McCloskey, 31, described the fight as the "massive opportunity I have been waiting for all my career".

"I'm thrilled for the many fans who will be able to travel over to Manchester for the fight," he continued. "I am absolutely confident that I will be world champion."

The two fighters met at a media conference in Manchester on Tuesday with a further get-together planned for Belfast on Wednesday.

source and full story - bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9388961.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey

Post by Cotupina187 Thu 10 Feb 2011, 10:49 pm

Would love to see McLoskey win an upset but cant see it happenin...Khan in first few rounds!

Cotupina187

Back to top Go down