The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland's annual wum (or not)

+21
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
flyhalffactory
George Carlin
emack2
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
LondonTiger
yappysnap
IanBru
Knowsit17
mowgli
Captain_Sensible
21st Century Schizoid Man
TropicalHotdog
Morgannwg
anotherworldofpain
ScarletSpiderman
Barney McGrew did it
red_stag
tigertattie
Effervescing Elephant
Portnoy
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scotland's annual wum (or not) - Page 2 Empty Scotland's annual wum (or not)

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

steam wum alert! wum alert! steam
For the umpteenth year in a row Scotland enter the upcoming international season with great prospects.

Once again there has been a triumphal summer for the nation in the Southern hemisphere sweeping aside not only the PIs but Oz.

Added to this Edinburgh were HEC semi-finalists and Glasgow came third in the Rabo.

This time Scotland will progress. This year McYoungsters will come to the fore (well maybe next year). This year (next year, sometime never ...).

Braveheart (©️ As)
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Scotland's annual wum (or not) - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland's annual wum (or not)

Post by Morgannwg Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

I still don't see how my post was confused as a jib against Scotland poaching Kiwi players, when as far as I know they haven't. Although Robbo is still desperately banging on Maitlands door, isn't he?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Scotland's annual wum (or not) - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland's annual wum (or not)

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:36 am

Morgannwg wrote:I still don't see how my post was confused as a jib against Scotland poaching Kiwi players, when as far as I know they haven't. Although Robbo is still desperately banging on Maitlands door, isn't he?

Sadly Morg, people tend to start letting their expectations colour their interpretations. People have started expecting you to be having a pop, so read it into posts even when you may not be.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

I find Morgannwg's latest post ironic. so much so I can hear Alanis Morrisette singing away in the background!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:51 pm

tigertattie wrote:I find Morgannwg's latest post ironic. so much so I can hear Alanis Morrisette singing away in the background!

Scotland's annual wum (or not) - Page 2 1347041234
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

tigertattie wrote:I find Morgannwg's latest post ironic. so much so I can hear Alanis Morrisette singing away in the background!

Is't it ironic that Alanis Morrisette made a hit a out of a song called ironc - a song that contained little irony. That's nice!
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

Portnoy wrote:

Is't it ironic that Alanis Morrisette made a hit a out of a song called ironc - a song that contained little irony. That's nice!

Indeed. Anyone'd think she didn't know the meaning of the word Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:16 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:I still don't see how my post was confused as a jib against Scotland poaching Kiwi players, when as far as I know they haven't. Although Robbo is still desperately banging on Maitlands door, isn't he?

Sadly Morg, people tend to start letting their expectations colour their interpretations. People have started expecting you to be having a pop, so read it into posts even when you may not be.

I always find Morgannwg's comments constructive and interesting although normally from the different perspective to my own thinking. I don't think of it as taking a pop or being ironic, just the other way about thinking. So is something interesting to consider and not just someone agreeing with you all the time.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:17 pm

Well, now that this thread has been completely de-railed off topic, anyone else think that Alanis Morrisette is quite hot? drumroll
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:18 pm

Portnoy wrote:

To be honest she says "Isn't it ironic?" and not "It is ironic". So there is no actually irony there if it is not ironic, only if you insisted the question was rhetorical. In which case it might be more your initial perception about the irony in anything she said until someone pointed out to you later that it wasn't actually ironic. Of course.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

Can't think of that song without also thinking of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg

Always thought that she was a poor man's Sheryl Crow without the decent songs.

Or like Shania Twain without the smoking hotness.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
Portnoy wrote:

To be honest she says "Isn't it ironic?" and not "It is ironic". So there is no actually irony there if it is not ironic, only if you insisted the question was rhetorical. In which case it might be more your initial perception about the irony in anything she said until someone pointed out to you later that it wasn't actually ironic. Of course.

That's a superbly parsed sentence AWOP clap
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

You would never get stuff like this on the wendyball forums Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:52 pm

I have or had distant relatives in both Australia and New Zealand but lost touch many years ago.Ben Roff is a distant relative but have always supported the allBlacks since a schoolboy nearly 60 years ago.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:26 pm

Portnoy wrote:

That's very sardonic of you Pete. Ironically sardonicism os often confused with irony. But it's true: awop's English used to be chronic.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:29 pm

Portnoy wrote:
Portnoy wrote:

That's very sardonic of you Pete. Ironically sardonicism os often confused with irony. But it's true: awop's English used to be chronic.

Portnoy, I was genuinely impressed, I wish I'd come up with that line. I'll admit I phrased my reply such that it could have multiple manings depending on the tone it was read in though.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:52 pm

Being a Scottish fan shaves years off your life. They are probably the most frustrating side to support in rugby, especially when it comes to the 6 nations!!!

The 6 Nations for Scottish fans is what we want the most. Since it began we have never won it and to me at least, it feels like it is well over due. Thus every year Scottish fans like myslef become more and more optimistic and try everything we can to make it happen, e.g. labelling ourselves the dark horses, bigging up our most promising players and of course, predicting the 6N table...

1. Scotland (Its gonna happen this year!!!!)
2. Wales (They'll probably be annoyed if I say 4th)
3. France (They'll probably finish above wales, but I don't want to offend and there's no frenchies on 606v2 anyway)
4. Ireland (Not many of them on 606v2 so no biggie)
5. Italy (Thats sure to annoy any England fans)
6. England (Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!!)

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:25 pm

Jeez bsando that was brave - there are hundreds of Irish on here ! Run

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:34 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:We will not improve at all as long as the Bath Bell End is in charge picard
I agree. He is not an international coach and he blew scotlands chances last year with bad picks. want to bet Dunc Weir gets no game time and no creative centres are picked?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2