The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC sort it out! The clues in the name.

+5
Knowsit17
maestegmafia
LondonTiger
propdavid_london
HERSH
9 posters

Go down

BBC sort it out! The clues in the name. Empty BBC sort it out! The clues in the name.

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:06

Yet another British & Irish Lions story from the BBC and once again it appears on the Welsh section of the site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19531991

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19539129
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

BBC sort it out! The clues in the name. Empty Re: BBC sort it out! The clues in the name.

Post by propdavid_london Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:37

Looks to me like it was a Scrum V podcast - therefore BBC Wales.
Agree that its of interest though and could have been posted on the main bbc rugby page.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

BBC sort it out! The clues in the name. Empty Re: BBC sort it out! The clues in the name.

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:50

Who pays for Scrum V?

The British, thats who!!!!!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:55

HERSH wrote:Yet another British & Irish Lions story from the BBC and once again it appears on the Welsh section of the site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19531991

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19539129

As both stories are easily available from the Rugby Front Page I have no idea what you are whining about.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 13:00

For now they are, I just don't understand why the Beeb is so biased towards Wales. Headscratch
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 11 Sep 2012, 13:24

Sky sports cover the lions

They post stories on Jonny Wilkinson

http://m.skysports.com/article/rugbyunion//8067093

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 14:10

Laugh

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 14:17

This is funny.

First a man says he's Irish, then he says he's British, then he says he's still deciding; then an English man gets hot under the collar when a Welsh section of the BBC reports on a Non-British story because the British pay for Scrum V (a Welsh specific site), even though the British are obviously the British and, therefore, that makes Welsh taxpayers the 'British' payers (per household) of said licence that the Englishman is complaining about !!!!

'Forget about all that rubbish', I hear you all say. 'Non-British Story???', I hear you all mutter - 'The devil it isn't!,' I hear you all chant. The devil it is - it's a combo of two Internationally recognised states and therefore it is beyond definition as either an exclusively British story or an Irish story - it's a simple rugby story by definition.

Anyway, back to my point - the United kingdom. The glow of the Olympics didn't last long, did it Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Sep 2012, 15:39

SecretFly wrote:This is funny.

First a man says he's Irish, then he says he's British, then he says he's still deciding;

Rory McIllroy?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 15:45

LondonTiger wrote:
SecretFly wrote:This is funny.

First a man says he's Irish, then he says he's British, then he says he's still deciding;

Rory McIllroy?

Ah it's all funny Tiger - in a nice way. I just find it funny that everything is all united let's say for the Olympics or The Lions, and then the moment it's over, the tears of common delight are all forgotten about and it's back to the old school stuff of Welshman against Englishman against Scotsman against Norn Irish man against......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 15:51

I wonder if Andy Murray's victory was for Scotland or Britain. Or what he would have been had he lost, a proud Brit who gave it his all and came up just short or just another nearly-Scotsman forgetable and with no affiliation to the British public Whistle

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 15:56

Gotta hand it to Britain - it's been a vintage year for them. The Queen's celebrations, the Olympics, the Paralympics, the many medals, Wiggins winning the Tour, Andy Murray. Just about everything that could go right went right in buckets.

A year that will be remembered for centuries - 2010.

Wink No, seriously, it will - 2012, a very Special British Year. Congratulations

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 11 Sep 2012, 15:58

Knowsit17 wrote:I wonder if Andy Murray's victory was for Scotland or Britain. Or what he would have been had he lost, a proud Brit who gave it his all and came up just short or just another nearly-Scotsman forgetable and with no affiliation to the British public Whistle

Suspect his victory was for him. After all it's not a team sport and he put in a lot of effort to get there.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:46

SecretFly wrote:Gotta hand it to Britain - it's been a vintage year for them. The Queen's celebrations, the Olympics, the Paralympics, the many medals, Wiggins winning the Tour, Andy Murray. Just about everything that could go right went right in buckets.

Wink No, seriously, it will - 2012, a very Special British Year. Congratulations

You have to say BBCs SPOTY will be interesting.

If we could just get rid of Little Lord Fauntleroy and his cronies.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:52

SecretFly wrote:Gotta hand it to Britain - it's been a vintage year for them. The Queen's celebrations, the Olympics, the Paralympics, the many medals, Wiggins winning the Tour, Andy Murray, Wales winning the Grand Slam. Just about everything that could go right went right in buckets.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep 2012, 17:02

maestegmafia wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Gotta hand it to Britain - it's been a vintage year for them. The Queen's celebrations, the Olympics, the Paralympics, the many medals, Wiggins winning the Tour, Andy Murray, Wales winning the Grand Slam. Just about everything that could go right went right in buckets.

I wondered and wondered about that Morg - wondering what I had said so wrong or right and what comment you forgot to add in at the bottom.

Very smart...taken in the spirit Wink But warning - don't change my opinions without making it clear they've been modified. I'm very partial to my words belonging to me, and me alone. Next time the old Bold or italics please - thanks. BTW, yeah, I did forget that..or rather forgot to include it.

The Wales Slam too folks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:29

Isn't it only natural that the BBC's rugby coverage is biased towards Wales because they're Britain's premier International side and the only country in which Rugby is the biggest sport just as it's biased towards England when it comes to football. No one complains about MOTD so why about BBC scrum?

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:04

123456789......10 points for that answer Smile

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:34

Also the lions coach is the Welsh coach so it is logical that Lions stories be coverd on S5...fact is Wales has primacy in rugby amongst the Home Nations and the lesser members don't like the power shift

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:38

mowgli wrote:Also the lions coach is the Welsh coach so it is logical that Lions stories be coverd on S5...fact is Wales has primacy in rugby amongst the Home Nations and the lesser members don't like the power shift

What do dat do? What are lesser members?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 14 Sep 2012, 08:08

mowgli wrote:Also the lions coach is the Welsh coach so it is logical that Lions stories be coverd on S5...fact is Wales has primacy in rugby amongst the Home Nations and the lesser members don't like the power shift

Hmmm, you seem to have lost the point of the thread here!

Gatland is the head coach of the British and Irish Lions, therefore this story shouldn't be tucked away on Scrum V, what's wrong with pointing that out?

Also how has the power shifted?

How many wins does Gatland have against the big 3 SH teams south of the Equator?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 14 Sep 2012, 09:42

As opposed to the big 3 SH teams north of the equator? Whistle

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 15:18

HERSH wrote:

Hmmm, you seem to have lost the point of the thread here!

Gatland is the head coach of the British and Irish Lions, therefore this story shouldn't be tucked away on Scrum V, what's wrong with pointing that out?

Also how has the power shifted?

How many wins does Gatland have against the big 3 SH teams south of the Equator?

How many wins does Lancaster have? Whistle

Blame England for not having its own rugby-oriented show. Maybe you and others could petition BBC London or someone to set one up if you don't like it, this has been repeated countless times in the past. Not our fault that Sky News or BBC News don't consider Gatland's interviews or Matt Dawson's opinion to be worth a reference, both I suspect are too busy focusing on the Pieterson text scandal or Van Persie's new life at Man U.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 14 Sep 2012, 15:20

Yawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down