The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12?

+26
quinsforever
TJ1
timhen
profitius
thebluesmancometh
Biltong
Shifty
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
JayMaster3000
doctornickolas
HammerofThunor
SecretFly
maestegmafia
Pot Hale
LondonTiger
Feckless Rogue
doctor_grey
Ospreydragon
Smirnoffpriest
BoyneRFC
Jenifer McLadyboy
HERSH
westisbest
Knowsit17
whocares
Kingshu
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12? - Page 2 Empty IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12?

Post by Kingshu Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Currently It appears the French have their two back up plans, either a Anglo-French cup or expand Top 14.

English seam to be wanting a French/English cup, (if France just expand Top 14, will Prem be expanded? [ you can start another tread if you want to discuss it])

But what will the Pro 12 teams do?

I can see a number of options.

1) its been raised before that the Pro 12 teams could create a cup with the SA super XV teams,
Would his make up money wise for the H-Cup? would it be popular, both here and in SA?

2) Expand PRO 12 to the USA, if USA Rugby could finance 2 franchises, and centrally contact the main US players, they could become very good, very quickly and create a very big market. There a ready a number of good US players.

Think about the interest Leinster (or any Irish province) would create playing in New York or Boston. But likewise they have big Scottish and Italian (I'm sure theres loads of Welsh there to) communities.

Each team would travel over and do a two team Tour.

Could open up a big market and develop Rugby in the USA.

3) Have a Celtic cup and invite teams like Bucharest Wolves, VVA-Podmoskovye Monino, SC 1880 Frankfurt, and the Wild Rugby Academy, to take part.

4) Expand Pro 12 to have an extra Scottish, Italian and Welsh side in it

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12? - Page 2 Empty Re: IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12?

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:01 am

Jenifer McLadyboy in September 2012 wrote:We'll just form a comp with the French after they leave the English at the altar in their new BT wedding dress
Over a year ago lads. : Smug bastid Icon. (without wanting to upset anyone who may want to join us at a later date n'stuff....)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12? - Page 2 Empty Re: IF H-cup falls through what next for the PRO 12?

Post by quinsforever Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:38 am

steady on McL, might get egg on face yet...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:08 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy in September 2012 wrote:We'll just form a comp with the French after they leave the English at the altar in their new BT wedding dress
Over a year ago lads. : Smug bastid Icon. (without wanting to upset anyone who may want to join us at a later date n'stuff....)
Which will last a year before they hold us to ransom again.

We warned the English about trusting the French, and the same is true for us.

I'm sick of them, they've basically said we'll realign as long as there are governance changes and the English can also be convinced.

This looks more like a year-long detour close back to square one.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 am

HammerofThunor wrote:I think two teams should be selected at random from the whole group of eligible teams. Then they have a game and the winner wins the Cup. Easy.
Still think my old idea was best

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:22 am

Sorry lads. Drink taken. Note time of post. Smile 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Sorry lads. Drink taken. Note time of post. Smile 
Ah drinking on a Thursday night, at that time, it has dawn on me I known who you are now, and good luck for Saturday when you take on the Aussies Mike.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Ah drinking on a Thursday night, at that time,  it has dawn on me I known who you are now, and good luck for Saturday when you take on the Aussies Mike.
Smile 

I'll be at the RDS with your lot. Anyone coming over? Seen Dreamer here a few times. She seems to like it.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Ah drinking on a Thursday night, at that time,  it has dawn on me I known who you are now, and good luck for Saturday when you take on the Aussies Mike.
Smile 

I'll be at the RDS with your lot. Anyone coming over? Seen Dreamer here a few times. She seems to like it.
Sadly I am one of those half-backsided fans. I make the home games without fail, but just don't have the cash to make away trips. That said there must be some really well paying jobs (with pretty flexible hours) in the region, as there seem to be a pretty solid core of travelling fans who seem to make every game regardless of where it is being played. But I shall be staying sober during the welsh match, just so that I can watch us wreak revenge upon afterwards.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:44 pm

gelodge wrote:Which will last a year before they hold us to ransom again.

We warned the English about trusting the French, and the same is true for us.

I'm sick of them, they've basically said we'll realign as long as there are governance changes and the English can also be convinced.

This looks more like a year-long detour close back to square one.
In World War 2 an American General said "I'd rather have a German army in front of me, than a French one behind me"!

In nearly 70 years nothing has changed! Doh 
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:56 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Smile 

Sadly I am one of those half-backsided fans.  I make the home games without fail, but just don't have the cash to make away trips.  That said there must be some really well paying jobs (with pretty flexible hours) in the region, as there seem to be a pretty solid core of travelling fans who seem to make every game regardless of where it is being played.  But I shall be staying sober during the welsh match, just so that I can watch us wreak revenge upon afterwards.
Good to hear.  On the travel, if the core group is dedicated then they can probably pick up a clatter of Ryanair tickets at the start of the season for next to nothing and after a season or two they will have found the cheap/cheerful/clean places to stay that are quite cheap.  Outside of Friday games, most can head after work on the Friday and only stay over for a night to keep costs down (or even run the day trip).  You work it out and compare it to a day/night session drinking in the pub and watching it with your mates and it mightn't be too different in overall cost for a day.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am

You would have to factor in the cost of drink in Llanelli though.

The Kilkenny Cat may be a dump but it's a nice dump and the drink is practically free.

The Welsh would have a heart attack paying 5:70 for a pint of lager in the RDS.

We have a saying about Welsh away trips. "the more you drink the more you save"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:02 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:We'll just form a comp with the French after they leave the English at the altar in their new BT wedding dress
Prescient

Of course, they could be about to give us the same treatment. Only thing you can trust about the French is that they can't really be trusted...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2