The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England : Ahead of The Curve

+22
LordDowlais
bluestonevedder
gregortree
Jimpy
yappysnap
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Effervescing Elephant
debaters1
GunsGerms
SecretFly
offload
disneychilly
Duty281
Geordie
rodders
Breadvan
Biltong
emack2
FerN
mbernz
mowgli
anotherworldofpain
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England : Ahead of The Curve - Page 2 Empty England : Ahead of The Curve

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 20 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

NOW - THEN
15 B Foden - Foden
14 C Ashton - Ashton
13 J Joseph - Tuilagi
12 M Tuilagi - Flood
11 D Strettle - Cueto
10 T Flood - Wilkinson
9 B Youngs - Youngs
1 J Marler - Stevens
2 D Hartley - Thompson
3 D Cole - Cole
4 M Botha - Deacon
5 G Parling - Palmer
6 T Johnson - Croft
7 C Robshaw- Moody
8 B Morgan - Easter

From World Cup exit to promising improvement in South Africa it struck me as I re-watched Englands world cup exit again today and bits of the draw with SA in SA< just how far ENG have moved on in such a short time.

New coaches and an almost entirely new team.

And from what I saw on reflection of the 2011 exit, in all truth they were not so bad!

What really let ENG down in the most standing out way, was a poor line out.

2 minutes in the game, ENG have a great start lineout ball on the French 5 meters line, but Thompson fluffs the throw and France escape.
Next, a lineout infringement gifts 3 point start to France.
Then, a lineout turn over leds to a the first French try 10 minutes later.
Then, defensive error from a lineout leads to the second French try.

Pretty much game over as France slowed down and continually kicked ENG back to their lineout for the next 40 minutes.

ENG could not get quality ball and so could not build anything. This is the truth about that game.

When I reflect on the direction they go to from here I can see clearly this is identified and there is a plan to solve it. Far from this morning when I though ENG a bit lost and without any direction I can see already that if they go in this direction with more athletic and abrasive locking partners, some old dead wood cut out and a genuine world class flank on the job I think this team might just be a handful at home by 2015! I simply don't see another team who have made as much progress in this short time and all in the right direction!

Wales? No, they are a good team but is still the fallible team who lost in the semi-final. They prove it with the 3-0 series loss in Australia naming almost the same team but losing icons like Shane Williams.

Ireland? This is a mess. The team is old now and needs to be replaced! And this 60-0 hiding by NZ put paid to some careers for 5 years of pyschological damages!

Scotland? Cough.

Australia? Unless they cut out Deans now and rebuild around Ewan McKenzie they may not even be a top 5 team in three years time! They have no depth and rely on old horses like Sharpe.

SA? They are in disarray, I am sorry, under Meyer they are going backwards downhill on a cart with greasy wheels. They need a revolution now, not incremental improvement.

NZ? Ok there is daylight between NZ and no.2 right now. But NZ's pack is green and lacks a mogrel. They are not world cup pedigree at the moment. Too many rookies and the aging McCaw won't make 2015. Trouble in the midfield looms and without Carter as they surely will be, they fall back to the pack.

France? Who knows anything about French rugby? Not me. Maybe they will be finalists v ENG in the first all NH RWC final?

Yes. The only team travelling with a positive delta at the moment are ENG. It is not my job of course to pick RWC winners three years ahead of time. But all I can say is that they have more momentum and more promise to become the top dogs again than any other team right now. The others must do something immediately to address this, or it will become clear before the tournament kicks off again who are the favourites!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

England : Ahead of The Curve - Page 2 Empty Re: England : Ahead of The Curve

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

I can see a lot of negativity and anti-English sentiment on this thread appearing!

But this is some good thing I think. Always the other team fans are getting upset on England when they are edging ahead of the pack! And now is no exception apparently!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:57 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:I can see a lot of negativity and anti-English sentiment on this thread appearing!

But this is some good thing I think. Always the other team fans are getting upset on England when they are edging ahead of the pack! And now is no exception apparently!

Did you not get banned for anti-english sentiment?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

No, I got suspended for antagonising Welsh people by repeatedly stating facts. But I've learned my lessons! I will NEVER do that again!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

There's a few anti-English dots Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:06 pm

AWOP, very perceptive of you sir, and of course I hope events turn out to prove you are right. Then you will have even bigger bragging rights after the ABs beat us in November.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:08 pm

Yes I look forward to that match as a defacto world championship final! The "official" #1 and world champions versus the form team and righteous challenger to the world throne, or something like that.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 3:56 pm

Is it just me or are the average English fan just a nice guy who can read off the score after the whistle blows?!

To begin to suggest improvement was made over Lancasters supervision is seriously dumb,

The pounding the English pack took in the first test in South Africa should give serious cause for concern,
Then to suggest the draw was a sign of progress is hilarious,
Lets talk through England's game plan,

A pack that struggles to dominate, which is no problem if you have a mobile back row who are turnover kings, which England dont.

Half backs with little more to offer than a tap a go from the scrumhalf and the inside pass from Toby Flood which is beyond predictable.

Centre's who can't pass or kick,

Typical English wingers, fast and good finishers, just don't ask them to tackle or look for work around the park.

A full back who always runs back the ball and ends up getting turned over,again don't ask him to tackle.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

That's a pretty insulting post quite frankly View.

Yes, England's forwards took a pounding in the first SA test- but a lot of international teams would have done. That was the most physcial games of rugby I'd ever seen. Saying that, a few of our forwards performed very well, and stood up to the challenge. Robshaw, Johnson, Cole, to name a few.

Pretty much the same England pack performed well in the 6N too- and dominated the Irish set piece. Considering the hammering we took the year before, that was great improvement.

I agree to an extent regarding the centres.

To suggest Ashton doesn't go looking for work around the park is ridiculous, and in your own words, 'seriously dumb'. He's one of the hardest working wingers on the international scene. Granted, Strettle was useless.

Foden is an excellent defensive fullback- not sure where you go that from. Brown too, is sound defensively.

SL's got a lot to improve upon, a heck of a lot. But England are a little better than you're giving them credit for at the moment.

Last edited by bluestonevedder on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

View to the gym....

Your over the top tripe vommitted at England constantly is becoming a little boring.

All England fans know there is a lot of work to do, that the scorelines in SA hid many cracks...and indeed many have began to raise a doubt as to Lancasters credentials...

HOWEVER many of your suggestions are not even laughable anymore... just boring...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Is it just me or are the average English fan just a nice guy who can read off the score after the whistle blows?!

To begin to suggest improvement was made over Lancasters supervision is seriously dumb,

The pounding the English pack took in the first test in South Africa should give serious cause for concern,

A pack that struggles to dominate, which is no problem if you have a mobile back row who are turnover kings, which England dont.

Half backs with little more to offer than a tap a go from the scrumhalf and the inside pass from Toby Flood which is beyond predictable.

Typical English wingers, fast and good finishers, just don't ask them to tackle or look for work around the park.

A full back who always runs back the ball and ends up getting turned over,again don't ask him to tackle.

Well view! Some points you make!!! But, here is the thing. TRADITIONALLY, ENG would look to dominate through the forwards. To do this the whole team is structured around 1-5 being physically dominant. The problem is that nimble ball playing teams like AUS and NZ and WAL can run circles around these guys and tire them out like some rugby playing T-REX facing up to the Velociraptors! So ENG take some very brave move to follow the direction of success! and they employ more nimble ball players! Of course going to SA is some bad luck because they excel at the power game. So taking a pounding was expected! But by game 3, ENG were on a par and made some great progress, not by playing the historic ENG style, but by playing more like NZ, AUS and WAL and these are 3 of the last 4 at the RWC!! This is why I talk about progress!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Wed 26 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Is it just me or are the average English fan just a nice guy who can read off the score after the whistle blows?!

largely agree but by comparison with RWC England are miles further on in terms of management...i.e. they have some

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 26 Sep 2012, 6:12 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:I can see a lot of negativity and anti-English sentiment on this thread appearing!

No AWOP, I can see a lot of baiting by you to try and get some anti-English sentiments on this thread and it is not working, I have said from the start ever since you have been posting on here in your "pigeon" English that you were a trouble maker and nothing but a wum and now you are proving it, not only are people getting wise to your antics, it will not be to long before you are banned again by the moderators and you will have to invent another new guise to come on here and be controversial.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 26 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

Lord D,
yews, AWOP is a wum, maybe he is the old GG, but in fairness, England fans take him with a pinch of salt, and do not rise to him. He can be kinda funny, which is why I suspect GG. I ain't worried.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:25 pm

He's not a Hegimadiolite from Ukrestakrestan?

Well, he's fooled me again!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm

Then we look at how weak Englands bench is these days nope

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:08 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:View to the gym....

Your over the top tripe vommitted at England constantly is becoming a little boring.

All England fans know there is a lot of work to do, that the scorelines in SA hid many cracks...and indeed many have began to raise a doubt as to Lancasters credentials...

HOWEVER many of your suggestions are not even laughable anymore... just boring...

Its also hilarious coming from a person who's national team were pumped three nothing by the weakest SH side in the early Summer.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:21 am

Aw bless, Wales taking the triple crown in Twickers really hurt them, i forget how painful it must have been to watch Wales play at 50% ability and still win against England playing out of there skin.

Captain Sam scales the steps deep into the Twickers stadium,greeted with cheers from Roger Lewis and bread of heaven sung by the fans,
Captain Sam raises the Triple Crown! the roar the ROAR,it shook Twickers to it very foundations.

England players walking round the pitch with a thousand yard stare, like senile pensioners lost in the super market.

Bring it home captain Sam, bring it home to Wales, for we have bigger fish to fry we have another GRAND SLAM to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:24 am

viewtothegym wrote:Then we look at how weak Englands bench is these days nope

Was it made by a welsh chippy?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:13 am

viewtothegym wrote:Aw bless, Wales taking the triple crown in Twickers really hurt them, i forget how painful it must have been to watch Wales play at 50% ability and still win against England playing out of there skin.

Captain Sam scales the steps deep into the Twickers stadium,greeted with cheers from Roger Lewis and bread of heaven sung by the fans,
Captain Sam raises the Triple Crown! the roar the ROAR,it shook Twickers to it very foundations.

England players walking round the pitch with a thousand yard stare, like senile pensioners lost in the super market.

Bring it home captain Sam, bring it home to Wales, for we have bigger fish to fry we have another GRAND SLAM to win.

Sigh. Leave it in the playground where it belongs. Honestly, I'd understand the bickering if Wales and England were the top 2 ranked nations globally. But going all my Dad's bigger than your Dad when you're not even in the medal race is pathetic
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote: Honestly, I'd understand the bickering if Wales and England were the top 2 ranked nations globally. But going all my Dad's bigger than your Dad when you're not even in the medal race is pathetic[/color]

Pete I'm not sure how it would make any difference if England and Wales were ranked higher. I reckon both England and Wales are pretty even at the moment so agree the bickering is pointless. Wales are 6 nations champions well organised with good well drilled players. England are knocking on the door of the 6 nations and probably slightly better equipped to beat higher ranked teams. Their WC form was awful but have improved out of sight since then.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

you guys should have seen MY DAD, rest his soul.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:56 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote: Honestly, I'd understand the bickering if Wales and England were the top 2 ranked nations globally. But going all my Dad's bigger than your Dad when you're not even in the medal race is pathetic[/color]

Pete I'm not sure how it would make any difference if England and Wales were ranked higher. I reckon both England and Wales are pretty even at the moment so agree the bickering is pointless. Wales are 6 nations champions well organised with good well drilled players. England are knocking on the door of the 6 nations and probably slightly better equipped to beat higher ranked teams. Their WC form was awful but have improved out of sight since then.

I broadly agree with you Guns on where England and Wales were at. I just think there's more point to bickering between the top 2 Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:11 am

viewtothegym wrote:Aw bless, Wales taking the triple crown in Twickers really hurt them, i forget how painful it must have been to watch Wales play at 50% ability and still win against England playing out of there skin.

Oh, is this another thread where you can pull completely arbitrary, subjective facts and figures to try and reinforce a pointless statement? I love these.

Ridiculous. You embarrass yourself View.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:11 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Sigh. Leave it in the playground where it belongs. Honestly, I'd understand the bickering if Wales and England were the top 2 ranked nations globally. But going all my Dad's bigger than your Dad when you're not even in the medal race is pathetic

wow what a backhanded compliment!

England always seems to struggle for consistancy, but when they don't we are world beaters.

As for the Welsh, they love to crow and punch above their weight, they get the Grand Slams when the opposition are weak, regrouping or rebuilding but never when the opposition are strong. Its a comedown from the 70s, they'll never reach those heights again.

as for World Cup standings, we're three years out and theres a hell of a lot of rugby to play between now and then, who knows between now and then the tables will turn, Boks will have a plan, the Aussies will gel, the Irish start playing with their club forms and Scotland keep scoring tries.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:24 am

damage_13 wrote:

England always seems to struggle for consistancy, but when they don't we are world beaters.

As for the Welsh, they love to crow and punch above their weight, they get the Grand Slams when the opposition are weak, regrouping or rebuilding but never when the opposition are strong. Its a comedown from the 70s, they'll never reach those heights again.

as for World Cup standings, we're three years out and theres a hell of a lot of rugby to play between now and then, who knows between now and then the tables will turn, Boks will have a plan, the Aussies will gel, the Irish start playing with their club forms and Scotland keep scoring tries.

There wasn't any complimenting going on mate.

I find the anglo-welsh bickering matches tedious, childish and pointless, and I'm afraid my contempt for those who partake in it came out.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:30 am

its always going to be around, as this is the board named after one supplied by the BBC and who are the biggest followers of Rugby in the UK...?

yes, it is tedious, particularly when there is zero effort at humour or people have an un-rugby like ability to give not take.

still, could be worse, this could be a rugby365 comment bore fest of garbled, beer soaked biltong-breath Afrikaans Vs Islands of the beautiful white pert sheep .. I mean, cloud!

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

Most Afrikaners who partake in the alcohol induced beverages tend to swing towards "Brandewyn and coke" Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

It's the cultured ones like myself you should be wary of. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:35 am

At the RWC 2011 there was still too much hanging on to the old guard - the likes of Moody,Palmer,Thompson,Wilkinson.

Unfortunately there wasn't really anyone screaming out to be picked.

It's why Nick Easter was picked so many times at 8.

2012 and onwards is more promising because there are more players who have the potential to plug the gaps.

The difficulty comes in who do you pick?

At FB it doesn't really matter - even with Foden out you have either Goode or Brown. After them you have Miller,Abendanon, May and so on.

On the wing it becomes more complicated. Ashton's international try drought in the last few games is not good. His Saracens career so far has been eventful - 3 tries and 2 YCs in 4 games. You would still expect him to get one winger berth.

The other spot you have 2 players being touted as Jason Robinson's successor - Eastmond or Wade though neither is there yet in my opinion. You also have the likes of Monye and JSD who haven't been able to nail down that wing spot. Also there's the likes of Sharples and Short who could have a say.

I could go on and on. Selection is fierce. Who do you back? Also what happens if the player you pick doesn't perform well? Do you persist or axe them?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:39 am

damage_13 wrote:its always going to be around, as this is the board named after one supplied by the BBC and who are the biggest followers of Rugby in the UK...?

yes, it is tedious, particularly when there is zero effort at humour or people have an un-rugby like ability to give not take.

still, could be worse, this could be a rugby365 comment bore fest of garbled, beer soaked biltong-breath Afrikaans Vs Islands of the beautiful white pert sheep .. I mean, cloud!

Laugh

Fair point.

You'll note that I don't have a user account on rugby365 Smile

I have also attended international matches featuring both England and Wales vs opposition other than New Zealand Smile

(PS, if anyone from UKBA is reading, please take note of the above when I come in for my residency application interview in a couple of months)

(PPS, if anyone from UKBA is reading, why aren't you working on clearing the backlog of 250,000 residency applications, I know several people who've been stranded for over 6 months because you have their passports?)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:46 am

Why would you want to live in the Uk?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:51 am

"Brandewyn and coke" is that your version of Buckfast with a shot of voddy?

me ... Rugby = Beer or Lager as it allows you to whet your whistle for the singing, shouting and general banter.

I used it to great effect during Englands opening match at the 2007 rwc vs USA, I had most of the bottom east corner chortling as I was in full swing.

-"CORRY... give us a wave" (he was warming up and looked embarrised)
-"No, run AWAY from us" (England backs running in wrong direction)
-"if I wanted to watch Wendyball I'd be at Wembley" (kicking was in full, erm, swing. Spectators at the side must of thought they were at Wimbledon, I swear at one point I shouted "fifteen - thirty"

guess you had to be there.

actually... be glad you weren't the Rugby was abysmal

Last edited by damage_13 on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:51 am

GunsGerms wrote:Why would you want to live in the Uk?

Career progression and easier access to Europe for travel. Oh, and in a couple of years time I'll be eligible for a UK passport allowing me to work anywhere in Europe.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:53 am

damage_13 wrote:its always going to be around, as this is the board named after one supplied by the BBC and who are the biggest followers of Rugby in the UK...?

Laugh

Fair point.

I have also attended international matches featuring both England and Wales vs opposition other than New Zealand Smile

(PS, if anyone from UKBA is reading, please take note of the above when I come in for my residency application interview in a couple of months)

(PPS, if anyone from UKBA is reading, why aren't you working on clearing the backlog of 250,000 residency applications, I know several people who've been stranded for over 6 months because you have their passports?)

They are, but the handwriting on the application forms is unintelligable.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:00 am

Jimpy wrote:

Laugh

Fair point.

They are, but the handwriting on the application forms is unintelligable ... to the muppets employed at the UKBA

Fixed that for you Wink

More seriously, one of my mates got his passport back this morning, he sent it in with his £900 residency application in Febuary. Last month he wrote to his MP who wrote to UKBA, at which point the UKBA found his application on the floor and actually put it into someone's in tray. Not having his passport meant he couldn't go on holiday with his brother who visited Europe in June, and he also missed going on his best friend's stag do last month.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:03 am

Jimpy wrote:

Laugh

Fair point.

They are, but the handwriting on the application forms is unintelligable ... to the muppets employed at the UKBA

Fixed that for you Wink

More seriously, one of my mates got his passport back this morning, he sent it in with his £900 residency application in Febuary. Last month he wrote to his MP who wrote to UKBA, at which point the UKBA found his application on the floor and actually put it into someone's in tray. Not having his passport meant he couldn't go on holiday with his brother who visited Europe in June, and he also missed going on his best friend's stag do last month.

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Honestly, my heart bleeds for him.

Oh, BTW, my wife works at the UKBA, i'll be sure to pass your comments on to her.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:15 am

holding passports is no joke.

There should be a lwas that states any agency processing passports cannot hold them for more than 48hours.

UKBA have been found severely wanting and in some cases corrupt.

anyway back on topic.

I wouldn't say England are ahead of the learning curve, but they have the most reasons to be optimistic and positive.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

damage_13 wrote:holding passports is no joke.

There should be a lwas that states any agency processing passports cannot hold them for more than 48hours.UKBA have been found severely wanting and in some cases corrupt.

anyway back on topic.

I wouldn't say England are ahead of the learning curve, but they have the most reasons to be optimistic and positive.

Yes, unfortunately, we live in the real world.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:28 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Ireland are still potentially a very good team...

Yes, I stopped reading there. I am sorry by Ireland potentially being things, is right up there with Wales on their day, You are or you aren't. There is no potentials, or what-ifs, or if-buts and maybes.
Jeez mates,
From the perspective of an England supporter, I am not saying anything negative about Ireland. They have put our testicles in a vise for.......what.......seven or eight out of the last ten matches? Only if/when we start winning against them regularly, or at least semi-regularly, will I have anything to say on the matter.
I do think England are showing signs of moving in the right direction. But we all felt the same after the two wins against the Wallabies. Let's hope for the best and see where we stand after the AIs and the 6N.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

Jimpy wrote:
damage_13 wrote:holding passports is no joke.

There should be a lwas that states any agency processing passports cannot hold them for more than 48hours.UKBA have been found severely wanting and in some cases corrupt.

anyway back on topic.

Yes, unfortunately, we live in the real world.

In fairness to UKBA staff, budget cuts haven't helped them. But having a rule saying applicants can't even enquire about progress until 6 months after applying doesn't inspire confidence. Though credit to them, they're very quick to process people's payments for applications. Whistle

I'm not stupid enough to put in a postal application at the moment given the scale of the backlog, instead it's the pay-an-extra-£500 for a face to face interview and on-the-day decision option. And since I opted not to pay the £400 they wanted to shift my current work permit from my expired NZ passport to my new one (renewing an NZ passport cost £75, and took a couple of days
to process) and instead carry both expired and current passports when travelling, I guess that roughly evens out.

And back on topic, England are on the improve.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:58 am

"Pete C (KiwireddevilAnd back on topic, England are on the improve."

Pete, you trying to WUM our Welsh cousins ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:30 pm

damage_13 wrote:

There wasn't any complimenting going on mate.

I find the anglo-welsh bickering matches tedious, childish and pointless, and I'm afraid my contempt for those who partake in it came out.

Well if you find it tedious, then report who ever is starting these rediculous threads to the moderators, it's getting to a point now where every one of AWOP's threads just starts bad feelings off. Or are you still being suckered into his " I am new to this country" fasade ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:46 pm

Oh Pete
I did warn you.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 27 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Just a word though................................ don't red ink me on this one please, I'm trying to keep a good report card for me mammy Wink

But I have a feeling that there will always be something called a Welsh man and something called an English man (oh and women and kids too of course)

But anyway, there'll always be two of them and they'll always want to have a chat about things...and the thing is that they don't often agree on much when it comes to rugby....

BUT - it's their right to be from where they are and to have opinion on their issues/topics/arguments concerning rugby.

It might appear petty to outsiders but outsiders won't or shouldn't stick around. How can a topic be tiresome to someone who doesn't really have to hang around and listen? Let them get on with their verbal arguments - I know I pretty much leave the Sanzar boys to theirs.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 27 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:Just a word though................................ don't red ink me on this one please, I'm trying to keep a good report card for me mammy Wink

But I have a feeling that there will always be something called a Welsh man and something called an English man (oh and women and kids too of course)

But anyway, there'll always be two of them and they'll always want to have a chat about things...and the thing is that they don't often agree on much when it comes to rugby....

BUT - it's their right to be from where they are and to have opinion on their issues/topics/arguments concerning rugby.

It might appear petty to outsiders but outsiders won't or shouldn't stick around. How can a topic be tiresome to someone who doesn't really have to hang around and listen? Let them get on with their verbal arguments - I know I pretty much leave the Sanzar boys to theirs.

That's a pretty fair point SF. However I tend to have to get involved (as I did up-thread) when someone gets offended and reports the post.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

Only banter to pass a dull day

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:Just a word though................................ don't red ink me on this one please, I'm trying to keep a good report card for me mammy Wink

That's a pretty fair point SF. However I tend to have to get involved (as I did up-thread) when someone gets offended and reports the post.

Kiwi, are you a moderator ? If yes, then what is your take on AWOP's somewhat antagonistic threads that he starts up ? Or as a mod, are you not allowed to voice an opinion on him ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:15 pm

Lord D
I think AWOP is not so much antagonistic, as an 'agent provocateur'.
And very tongue in cheek about it.
He loves to trawl for a bite or two (often in faux broken English).
But nobody is obliged to snap at his bait. I admit to taking the p#'ss back occasionally.
Not sure the mods need to do anything about him other than remind the rest of us we are allowed to ignore or to laugh.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

Pain is a refugee from Someplaceorother and we should speak kindly of his new and adoring appreciation of rugby union. He has no club, no nation, no bias. He loves rugby - it's pointed that he knows a lot about it! - yet he remains aloof from the tribalism that would bury him into the culture of any one rugby nation. In one way, I envy him his freedom, in other ways I think he needs a grounding in good old fashioned hot-blooded bias.

I only wish for the day when Someplaceorother is invited into our 'happy' family of pan-European club competition and that he can begin to undestand the passion of having your own side to cheer for.

Russia, Portugal, Georgia, Someplaceorother, Spain.... 4th tier.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next