The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wilshere wins pfa young player of the year.

+2
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

wilshere wins pfa young player of the year. Empty wilshere wins pfa young player of the year.

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:57 am

The young player of the year award went to Arsenal's Jack Wilshere, 19.

Despite being voted overall players' player of the year, Bale was beaten by his north London rival for the young player honour, for which Javier Hernandez, Nani, Nasri, Seamus Coleman and Joe Hart were also shortlisted.

The Arsenal and England midfielder has had a fine season, securing a place in the Gunners' first team and making his full international debut for England too.

He said: "It is my first full season and it is a massive award, especially from my fellow players, it is amazing.

"I am very proud to be the fifth recipient from Arsenal, it is good to keep this history going. Arsenal is a good club for bringing youngsters through and they keep proving it so I would like to thank the manager as well."

Having signed for Arsenal at just nine years old, going on to make an impression among the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie and Andrey Arshavin cannot have been easy, but Wilshere is now established in the first team.

As with Bale, Wilshere has shone in Europe despite his club coming unstuck against Spanish opposition.

In the two legs of Arsenal's Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona the central midfielder was one of Arsenal's better performers against a side which included Spain's world champions Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta.

"I am a bit surprised," he added. "I always knew I could [win the award] but still it was a surprise how early it came. I am delighted just to be in the team to win an award, so I have to keep it up now and hopefully we can win something this year."

again i don't think this is right despite being a gooner , i think nani should of won with the season he's had finally doing tricks and then getting the ball into dangerous area without losing it for once.

well done jack Very Happy Very Happy

source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13110874.stm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

wilshere wins pfa young player of the year. Empty Re: wilshere wins pfa young player of the year.

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:08 pm

I know the lad has come on leaps and bounds but I really don't agree with him winning. I'm going to get murdered for this but ohwell. Smile

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

wilshere wins pfa young player of the year. Empty Re: wilshere wins pfa young player of the year.

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

nah you won't i don't agree with either of the award winners.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:33 pm

Me too mate, no offence to either guys as they have both had great seasons but Bale was a nobody until about this time last year. He has gone off the boil again after his injury. Be interesting to see how he does next season as I seriously see him being a one trick pony.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:40 pm

Never though Wilshere would win young player of the year thought Nani should have got the young player and Parker the player. Bales good but hasn't done it consistently due to injury and looks like he's been rushed back.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:39 pm

Can't believe Bale won it. He has been amazing in the CL but not as good in the PL.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:27 am

Nasri should have won it, but Wilshere was excellent this season and deserved it as well. I just hope that the gunners can have one season where most of our key guys stay healthy from start to finish, then I think this team will take some big trophies. That and a couple of rugged high end central defenders wouldn't hurt either.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 5:21 pm

I don't understand this to be honest. Wilshire has had a cracking season so fair play to the lad

But how can the player voted Player of the season not get young player of the season as well when he falls into the age bracket? If hes been better than Wilshire to win the main award how has not been better than him to win the young player award?

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

Good spot there Gazzy. I felt that Bale didn't deserve to win the Player of the Year award. Whoever chooses the winners of this are idiots.

The Writers award proves that people who understand football can choose an outstanding player to collect it.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Fri 06 May 2011, 7:36 pm

He derserved it, IMO his only contender was Javier Hernandez.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down