The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Povetkin wants Wlad...

+8
JabMachineMK2
Union Cane
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
bellchees
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
Mr Bounce
12 posters

Go down

Povetkin wants Wlad... Empty Povetkin wants Wlad...

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

After blowing away a 246-year old Rahman in 2 rounds, Alexander Povetkin has decided he's now ready to take on Wlad. Maybe Kostya Tszyu has convinced him it's the only way he'll get a half-decent payday...

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/povetkin-i-would-like-to-fight-wladimir-139498

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Povetkin wants Wlad... Empty Re: Povetkin wants Wlad...

Post by azania Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:57 pm

Good luck to him. He'll need it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 11:03 pm

He's realised that he won't beat Wlad no matter how long he takes so might as well get a payday that's 10 times more than anything he's earned previously

Struggled with huck and the fight vs Rahman was just awful, first shot landed he was all over the place

Wlad KO inside 7

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:42 am

Is Rahman only 246?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

He was actually in a road accident where his pick up flipped over and his face was dragged along the road. He's had it for years.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Yeah he's got a bad scar on his face. Povetkin has been pulled out of the Wlad fight a few times but it's really the only fight out there at the minute for Wlad. Would agree a late KO for Klitschko.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:35 pm

Povetkin-Rahman was, indeed, an embarrassing affair from the off, to be honest. Rahman has been dining for eleven years off of one punch, albeit a very, very good one.

It's at least mildly encouraging that Povetkin, seemingly, is ready to take on Wladimir, however. Wlad's opponents since Haye haven't exactly been stellar and Povetkin, while he's shown nothing to suggest he can end younger brother's reign, is at least the best and most proven Heavy outside of the Klitschko family, along with Haye.

Wladimir inside the distance for me, too, in a bout which will at least look something like a true Heavyweight title fight should look like - a rare delight in the current boxing climate!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:41 pm

Dreadful performance, Rahman could hardly get down the stairs on his ring-walk. I don't think he was hurt by Povetkin, it seemed to me that Rahman's knee had gone as he staggered backwards and was hanging on to the ropes to keep himself up.

Povetkin landed several full clean undefended punches and couldn't put Rahman down, doesn't say much for the Russian's power.

I would expect Wlad to toy with him for six rounds and then lie him lengthways in the second half of the fight if they ever meet.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

At this stage Wlad would easily beat Povetkin, it would be an unfair match up which is strange, considering one is a World Champion.

The minute Povetkin gets put against any heavyweight who can move, it'll be game over. He's been matched smartly - Teddy Atlas himself doesn't want him to go anywhere near a Kbro - from what I've heard he quit because he didn't see any improvement happening? Or have I heard wrong?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

Povetkin is the sort that will shout out K bros then claim that the stumbling block was the contract and so is not a coward afterall as he tried to get the fight and will claim Wlad is dodging him. Laugh

It won't happen cos the Russians won't allow their man to be pancaked by a Ukrainian. Too bad for the contry's image to lose to one of it's smaller former Soviet neighbours.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Wed 03 Oct 2012, 3:52 pm

On the other hand Commander Vander turns 50 this month and Povetkin's promoters might give him a title shot as a birthday present.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Oct 2012, 4:53 pm

Anyone else read Holyfield's interview in Boxing News this week? He says that if he doesn't get a call from one of the Heavyweight champions by the 19th of this month, his half-century birthday, he'll finally call it quits.

While the thought of Evander finally hanging the gloves up is a nice one, I'm worried that some unscrupulous promoter might see an angle to take Holyfield up on this oh so desperate plea, given the ages of the last few men to line up against both Wladimir and Povetkin.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 03 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

I really hope not with Holyfield because he won't be regarded as a champ if he beats Povetkin anyway. Wlad is the WBA champ simple as!

Pova holds a belt that's as valuable as a sheet of loo roll. In fact, a sheet of double quilted loo roll is worth more than the WBA "Regular" strap.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 03 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

Wlad would never fight Holyfield as he has said multiple times but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Povetkin did.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:09 pm

povetkin has as good a chance of any at beating wlad, and he is probably the most deserving of a shot. undeafted with names like byrd, chambers, firtha, chageav, huck and rahman. he also has a decent KO percentage and a good workrate for a hw. he also has a decent chin, huck hurt him and couldnt finish him. if kosta tzu can increase his fitness and stamina, and bring some of his own style of fighting in povetkins game i wouldn't bet against him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down