The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League

+2
GSC
TheFootieNews
6 posters

Go down

Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League Empty Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League

Post by TheFootieNews Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

Jose Mourinho has set his sights on a return to England and the Premier League. He was insisted that he is happy at the Bernabeu but the Portuguese wants to return to England when his reign as Real Madrid manager ends.

Mourinho is contracted to Real Madrid until 2016 but in an interview with CNN, the 49 year-old said; “"I just say openly that, for many reasons, after this the next step will be England. When? I don't know, I don't have an idea. I'm so happy in this moment to be manager of the best club in the world."

Mourinho joined Real Madrid in 2010 from Inter Milan after guiding them to their 3rd Champions League triumph. In his first season at Real Madrid, he missed out on the La Liga title to Barcelona, but in the 2011-12 he beat them to the title.

Jose Mourinho is being constantly mentioned as a potential successor to Sir Alex Ferguson but Mourinho has said that he would rather return to England with the Scot still being at Old Trafford. Mourinho added; "The perfect scenario is when I go there he is still coach," said Mourinho. Football will lose a lot when he stops. For me, he is the boss. I call him the boss because he is the boss of the coaches and I hope when I go back to English football he is still manager of Manchester United."

In 2007, Mourinho made a shock exit from Stamford Bridge after his relationship with billionaire owner Roman Abramovich started to fall apart. However, when asked whether he would consider working under Abramovich, Mourinho replied; “Of course, It was a perfect example of a fantastic divorce. We are a lot in touch. We have a great relationship."

Personally, I think it would be great for the Premier League to see Jose Mourinho managing there once again. However, it is hard to see which club that he will take over. Even though he has said that he would return to Stamford Bridge, I don’t see it. I see him wanting a new challenge. Which team do you think will get the ‘Special One’ next?

Follow me on Twitter for the latest Football news and regular articles: @TheFootieNews

TheFootieNews

http://www.twitter.com/TheFootieNews

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League Empty Re: Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League

Post by GSC Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:54 pm

His ego will only be satisfied when hes the man succeeding Alex Ferguson in what will be a nigh impossible job.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League Empty Re: Jose Mourinho's Possible Return to the Premier League

Post by Crimey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm

If any manager can follow SAF it is Mourinho who is arguably the most iconic manager still managing other than Ferguson.

I think he'll end up at United to be honest, although I wouldn't be surprised to see him at City either.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:59 pm

Mancini already took down United, that was the only other statement for his ego. I think its nailed on United
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFootieNews Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:00 am

So do you think that he will return to the Premier League? I agree that his ego is big and will want to succeed Alex Ferguson. But does that mean he only wants to manage Manchester United or get the chance of managing another team and beat Alex Ferguson by winning trophies?

TheFootieNews

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFootieNews Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:01 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Manchester City as well. Would be good for City and will give him a new challenge/toy

TheFootieNews

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:04 am

I am a united fan and personally would love him to come to succeed Sir Alex, but there is always the possibility of Arsenal too! Big club, big city not reaching its potential and money to spend just not being spent, could see him going there possibly if AW doesnt renew his contract next summer but my heart does say united

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFootieNews Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:11 am

Hadn't thought of Arsenal to be fair and come to think of it, they are a bad shout. Like you said, lots of money and bags of potential. However, I still think that Manchester is going to be his most likely destination. But which Manchester Club goes unanswered...

TheFootieNews

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:16 am

Couldn't see him wanting the city job to be honest unless they hit a slump for a year or two. Every club hes been at has been a sleeping giant (all be it one with money) that he has seen as a challenge, not the most dominant in each league. look at porto when he started lisbon and benfica had overtaken them, chelsea had united and arsenal, inter were in the shadow of Juve and Milan (not counting the 2 titles they won by default because of the match fixing) and Real hadnt won anything for something like 4 years! couldnt see him wanting to just take a winning side and not have time to stamp his mark and say it was him that made them great again (all be it its not like he goes to poor sides either!)

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:20 am

How about Mourinho back at Chelsea? I don't think Matteo will last that long. Matteo was only a penalty kick from losing his job. As for United, I think that Moyes will end up succeeding Fergie.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by OzwaldPrisonGuard Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:11 am

Who cares about moron-iho. He just goes to clubs, wins the champions league then leaves them in the lurch.

United need a manager who is willing to commit to the club. Not Mr ego.

David Moyes is the man.

OzwaldPrisonGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down