The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread

+40
Big Paul
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
Josiah Maiestas
The genius of PBF
ONETWOFOREVER
BoxingFan88
hogey
User 774433
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Captain Charisma
Sugar Boy Sweetie
EdWoodjr
Cast a Shadow
Happytravelling
JabMachineMK2
compelling and rich
KC
hampo17
Soldier_Of_Fortune
coxy0001
Mr Bounce
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TheMackemMawler
eirebilly
alanqlm
RANDY77
Mayweathers cellmate
Lance
azania
6oldenbhoy
djlovesyou
BallchinianMuffwig
Union Cane
seanmichaels
88Chris05
Duty281
ShahenshahG
monty junior
AlexHuckerby
44 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread - Page 6 Empty Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 13 Oct 2012, 7:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Skelton just beat up a Croatian window cleaner, apparently that means he should fight the winner of Price Harrison.... God help us...

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread

Post by Captain Charisma Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:29 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I love Christ eubank senior heart

The man that got me into boxing. I even wanted him to beat Collins.

Great memories of the Thompson fight and he backing up to the corner at the end of the later rounds too. boxing

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Price Harrison and Degale Live fight thread

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:29 pm

Happytravelling wrote:Degale won the fight for me by two rounds. The quality work was from him and if anybody was going to win by KO was him. I thought he had the boy on the verge of KO 4 times. I don't think he was in the same trouble.

Whilst the wide margins seemed odd people claiming the French boy won by wide margins is even worse. The French lad was tough and showed superior fitness but the quality of his punches weren't even in the same league.

OK clap clap

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:31 pm

FreekShow wrote:Fight of the year for fat Mick. Oh dear...

To be fair the only other fight he watched was Fury/Rogan!! Laugh

Had Degale by the skin of his teeth, judges were shambolic...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:32 pm

How can you say "the quality work" in reference to Degale? He had spells of 10/15 seconds in a full 3 minutes where he was throwing punches that looked good and still wasn't at all shaking Frenchie. They were slaps. The baldie marching forward? A man not hurt in the slightest. He was stalking Degale, he intended to pin him on the ropes, he cut off the ring for the first 7/8 rounds and wasn't letting Degale breathe. The footwork was sloppy from Degale, he was rusty, he was letting himself be bullied on the inside and wasn't stepping off with enough frequency. He had nothing behind his punches.

Mohammedi was hitting a lot of leather and arm, but for every 2/3 that were hitting nothing, he was landing the odd one or two. Did you see Degales head snap back from a couple of uppercuts? He was getting manhandled.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:32 pm

alma wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:"Done all those Hamstead Heath runs". Is hardly like doing altitude training up in the mountains. Wonder if he popped in for a chilled latte afterwards

yeah that was a curious one. He's not the sharpest is he? Admitting you're lazy isn't really sensible either.

Not really... a pretty boy like James on Hampstead Heath needs to both be able to run and defend himself at all times...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm

Price should skip domestic and euro, go straight to world.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:34 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Price should skip domestic and euro, go straight to world.

K2?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:34 pm

Hagler-Hearns of the 3rd rate Super Middleweights.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

Eubank Jr looks about 3 weight divisions bigger than this guy if not more

He looks huge yet still can't put a dent in this guy

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

Tonight was Hatton mayweather if Hatton had of lasted. Pressure v quality. French guy definitely won it though. De gale's face said it all. Blood and bruising and his right arm and ribs were screwed

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

Eubank should vary his punches and quit throwing lead uppercuts. Its getting obvious what he's going to do next,

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:36 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:How can you say "the quality work" in reference to Degale? He had spells of 10/15 seconds in a full 3 minutes where he was throwing punches that looked good and still wasn't at all shaking Frenchie. They were slaps. The baldie marching forward? A man not hurt in the slightest. He was stalking Degale, he intended to pin him on the ropes, he cut off the ring for the first 7/8 rounds and wasn't letting Degale breathe. The footwork was sloppy from Degale, he was rusty, he was letting himself be bullied on the inside and wasn't stepping off with enough frequency. He had nothing behind his punches.

Mohammedi was hitting a lot of leather and arm, but for every 2/3 that were hitting nothing, he was landing the odd one or two. Did you see Degales head snap back from a couple of uppercuts? He was getting manhandled.

Come on. A jokes a joke. You're just taking the urine now. Degale was by far the superior boxer. The French lad was tough and fit but that was it. He was being bullied like Ali was being bullied... how often did Degale look close to being KO'd? For me, the French lad was on the verge of being KO'd 4 times, before the slip and the last rounds most definitely. As a wum you're not very good.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:36 pm

azania wrote:

K2?

Not just yet Az but an American like Areola who he could blast out of their in 5. Make a name stateside with a win like that puts pressure on Klits.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:36 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:How can you say "the quality work" in reference to Degale? He had spells of 10/15 seconds in a full 3 minutes where he was throwing punches that looked good and still wasn't at all shaking Frenchie. They were slaps. The baldie marching forward? A man not hurt in the slightest. He was stalking Degale, he intended to pin him on the ropes, he cut off the ring for the first 7/8 rounds and wasn't letting Degale breathe. The footwork was sloppy from Degale, he was rusty, he was letting himself be bullied on the inside and wasn't stepping off with enough frequency. He had nothing behind his punches.

It was the classic case of workrate/volume/aggression vs quality based on lower work rate. No argument by anyone who's got it narrowly one way or the other since it was a contest of interpretation. I just struggle to see how a guy with a face like a car crash can be declared the winner by 117-111 and 119-109!!

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
azania wrote:

K2?

Not just yet Az but an American like Areola who he could blast out of their in 5. Make a name stateside with a win like that puts pressure on Klits.

OK. I'm going to hate myself, but I agree.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

Cast a Shadow wrote:

It was the classic case of workrate/volume/aggression vs quality based on lower work rate. No argument by anyone who's got it narrowly one way or the other since it was a contest of interpretation. I just struggle to see how a guy with a face like a car crash can be declared the winner by 117-111 and 119-109!!

Its not the first time cast....

Khan v Maidana

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

Happytravelling wrote:Come on. A jokes a joke. You're just taking the urine now. Degale was by far the superior boxer. The French lad was tough and fit but that was it. He was being bullied like Ali was being bullied... how often did Degale look close to being KO'd? For me, the French lad was on the verge of being KO'd 4 times, before the slip and the last rounds most definitely. As a wum you're not very good.

A WUM?

Are you mentioning Degale and Ali in the same breath? And I'm the WUM? I don't see how marching forward through punches looks like being KO'd....I think you may be winding me up saying that he looked like he was gonna be knocked out....

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:39 pm

He wobbled in the last 30 secs.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:40 pm

Haye done a number on Price in sparring...Price admitted in the build up to Haye Chisora fight that he couldn't catch Haye in sparring.

People jumping on the bandwagon because he blasted out Audley...Even though I think he could be the real deal he needs one more year before he is ready for the likes of Haye and Klitschko.

Would love to see Wilder vs Price.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:40 pm

The fight ended with Mohammedi pushing Degale back onto the ropes and landing punches. Hardly a man hanging on for his life.

Last edited by JabMachineMK2 on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:40 pm

I like eubank jnr. Quicker than de gale.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:41 pm

Yes pushing him back. Not fighting to move him backwards. He was holding on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I like eubank jnr. Quicker than de gale.

That's BS. Eubank jnr lacks variety and is very predictable. Lack of experience obviously.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:The fight ended with Mohammedi pushing Degale back onto the ropes and landing punches. Hardly a man hanging on for his life.

Leave it jab. It seems the argument is de gale was fighting in the uk so it is expected. Woodall said it himself during the fight. I have an article brewing.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

azania wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
azania wrote:

K2?

OK. I'm going to hate myself, but I agree.

i like arreola. would be a very interesting fight. price is clearly capable of knocking out anyone, but we are still yet to see him in with a dangerous opponent, which arreola clearly would be

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Haye done a number on Price in sparring...Price admitted in the build up to Haye Chisora fight that he couldn't catch Haye in sparring.

People jumping on the bandwagon because he blasted out Audley...Even though I think he could be the real deal he needs one more year before he is ready for the likes of Haye and Klitschko.

You call yourself a genious so you should know that Price is hardley going to say he mopped the floor with Haye in sparring is he? or anything less all positive thats part of his job.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Haye done a number on Price in sparring...Price admitted in the build up to Haye Chisora fight that he couldn't catch Haye in sparring.

Don't know why Haye would be sparring Price in the build up to a fight against someone smaller than himself.

I'd have Haye all day against Price at this stage, but when Price starts to work on cutting the ring off the same way the Kbros do and leaning back with their guard perfectly timed, it wouldn't matter if Haye is too fast, he wouldn't be able to hit Price.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

Look at the number of lead uppercuts he throws. The guy knows what's coming next and prepares whilst Eubank happily obliges. He will be a decent euro level prospect at best.

I hear the younger Eubank brother is special though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:44 pm

azania wrote:

That's BS. Eubank jnr lacks variety and is very predictable. Lack of experience obviously.

Experience. De gale's promoter said after 4 stop sitting on ropes. Sit down sugar boy m

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:

Don't know why Haye would be sparring Price in the build up to a fight against someone smaller than himself.

I'd have Haye all day against Price at this stage, but when Price starts to work on cutting the ring off the same way the Kbros do and leaning back with their guard perfectly timed, it wouldn't matter if Haye is too fast, he wouldn't be able to hit Price.

Price was a sparring partner for the Wlad fight. Height similarities and all that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

Happytravelling wrote:

Come on. A jokes a joke. You're just taking the urine now. Degale was by far the superior boxer. The French lad was tough and fit but that was it. He was being bullied like Ali was being bullied... how often did Degale look close to being KO'd? For me, the French lad was on the verge of being KO'd 4 times, before the slip and the last rounds most definitely. As a wum you're not very good.

Fitting that Eubank jr is on since the pattern of this fight seemed to follow that of a lot of his old man's contests post 1992. Far closer than it should have been and reliant on a couple of quality punches to nick rounds. Not good enough and DeGale won't get beyond that level without a change of trainer and approach.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Happytravelling wrote:Come on. A jokes a joke. You're just taking the urine now. Degale was by far the superior boxer. The French lad was tough and fit but that was it. He was being bullied like Ali was being bullied... how often did Degale look close to being KO'd? For me, the French lad was on the verge of being KO'd 4 times, before the slip and the last rounds most definitely. As a wum you're not very good.

A WUM?

Are you mentioning Degale and Ali in the same breath? And I'm the WUM? I don't see how marching forward through punches looks like being KO'd....I think you may be winding me up saying that he looked like he was gonna be knocked out....

Oh grow up. Making comparisons isn't wumming. Its just illustration. You claim he was on the ropes etc. but he was rolling on them (al a Ali v Foreman). The French lad wasn't troubling him. If he was, with the amount of time he spent there, the french lad would have got him out of there. His face wasn't getting marked up by the volume of punches landed but by the French lads head.

If you are seriously saying you thought Degale looked in trouble and was being beasted on the ropes you really were watching a different fight. He was largely measured and the better quality of punches came from him. As I pointed out, he wasn't troubled but before the slip and the last round he most definitely had the french boy going. I thought he had him a couple of other times as well but, that is a bit more subjective.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
azania wrote:

Experience. De gale's promoter said after 4 stop sitting on ropes. Sit down sugar boy m

Erm Erm Erm Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:The fight ended with Mohammedi pushing Degale back onto the ropes and landing punches. Hardly a man hanging on for his life.

Leave it jab. It seems the argument is de gale was fighting in the uk so it is expected. Woodall said it himself during the fight. I have an article brewing.....

I think I'll have to Sad I'll watch the fight again I'm sure but I just can't see a case for a Degale win unless they assumed his flashy combo's landed and sitting on the ropes for 12 rounds is a positive performance!

Heres a question for you. If the Ali vs Foreman fight had gone to the scorecards and Foreman had been able to last for the full 15 - would you all have scored the fight to Ali?

Its a dubious one, because Ali was putting in quality work, but thats Ali and this is Degale, Ali showed the quality you have to put in, Degale was just sitting there pot shotting back and missing.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm

Cast a Shadow wrote:

We now going on post fight facial features as to who wins?

Surprised Hatton didn't lose every fight as even his cutman was bruising and cutting him such was his susceptibility to getting marked/cut etc

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:48 pm

Degale was he tired towards the end or just being tactical? Can never tell.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:48 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I think I'll have to Sad I'll watch the fight again I'm sure but I just can't see a case for a Degale win unless they assumed his flashy combo's landed and sitting on the ropes for 12 rounds is a positive performance!

Heres a question for you. If the Ali vs Foreman fight had gone to the scorecards and Foreman had been able to last for the full 15 - would you all have scored the fight to Ali?

Its a dubious one, because Ali was putting in quality work, but thats Ali and this is Degale, Ali showed the quality you have to put in, Degale was just sitting there pot shotting back and missing.

I had Ali ahead by the stoppage. Quality of punches was certainly with Ali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

Sadly, Eubank Jnr is too much in the shadow of his domineering old man. He could be decent, although I am not sure he is good world champ material.

Degale is a quality fighter. He's still a novice but with the right training, attitude and guidance he will be a world champ, IMO.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

Happytravelling wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:

A WUM?

Oh grow up. Making comparisons isn't wumming. Its just illustration. You claim he was on the ropes etc. but he was rolling on them (al a Ali v Foreman). The French lad wasn't troubling him. If he was, with the amount of time he spent there, the french lad would have got him out of there. His face wasn't getting marked up by the volume of punches landed but by the French lads head.

If you are seriously saying you thought Degale looked in trouble and was being beasted on the ropes you really were watching a different fight. He was largely measured and the better quality of punches came from him. As I pointed out, he wasn't troubled but before the slip and the last round he most definitely had the french boy going. I thought he had him a couple of other times as well but, that is a bit more subjective.

hate to stick up for jabmatey, but this is total nonesense. degales first mark which left him badly bruised landed in round 2 from a straight right. it was a tough fight for degales who did seemed a bit worried around round nine, wether you thought he won it clearly or not

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

Price doesn't have Wladimir's footwork or speed to avoid Haye's punches.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

azania wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I had Ali ahead by the stoppage. Quality of punches was certainly with Ali.

Aye, but I'm saure you see the difference between a clear cut strategy to absorb punches on the ropes and win through "better quality work" than just going backwards and missing. Ali was hitting with good hard punches, Degale was not.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:50 pm

Price has the tools to beat Haye but as of yet he does not have the mental strenth to beat Haye. Haye would be a massive fight obviously but its everything that goes along with Haye the whole circus act I do not think Price could handle that pressure yrt.

What he needs is to sample some big fight experiance, Harrison taught him nothing. Possible names for me...

Areola
Chisora maybe
Fury
Helinious

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:50 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Degale was he tired towards the end or just being tactical? Can never tell.

How long is a piece of string?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:51 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Cast a Shadow wrote:

Surprised Hatton didn't lose every fight as even his cutman was bruising and cutting him such was his susceptibility to getting marked/cut etc

It certainly indicates who was landing the harder punches. I'm not suggesting that he lost, merely that the state he was in post-fight was that of a man who'd been in a gruelling contest and taken his fair share of punishment.

Hatton was known for cutting easily - you're comparing apples with oranges and it's a false analogy...

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Degale was he tired towards the end or just being tactical? Can never tell.

Dunno cant see it from here

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

Agree totally with Happy. Eubank looks flashy but very predictable. My concern is that he is planting his feet and unleashing his bombs without any effect. DeGale will tak ehim to the cleaners whenever they fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Cast a Shadow wrote:

Bearing in mind most said it was a round either way, I think the fact that one guy was cut and looked like a swollen turd is heavy evidence no?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Dunno cant see it from here

Laugh OK

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:53 pm

Haye wont be around by the time he is ready...If anyone can dethrone Wlad it is Wilder or Price.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:53 pm

Cast a Shadow wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Cast a Shadow wrote:

It certainly indicates who was landing the harder punches. I'm not suggesting that he lost, merely that the state he was in post-fight was that of a man who'd been in a gruelling contest and taken his fair share of punishment.

Hatton was known for cutting easily - you're comparing apples with oranges and it's a false analogy...

No it does not. It just indicates that he marks up easier. Groves looked more marked up that DeGale in their fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next