The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vettel to Ferrari 2014?

+3
HERSH
CaledonianCraig
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
7 posters

Go down

Vettel to Ferrari 2014? Empty Vettel to Ferrari 2014?

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:35 am

The BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19941541) are reporting that Ferrari have signed a deal for Sebastion Vettel to join Fernando Alonso at the team for 2014, subject to performance clauses.

Interesting times ahead if so!

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos. Always with the typos. Though "Vetted" had some comedy value)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Vettel to Ferrari 2014? Empty Re: Vettel to Ferrari 2014?

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 15 Oct 2012, 8:36 am

A bit of an odd move if you ask me. I cannot see Alonso and Vettel being able to play second fiddle to each other and both like No.1 driver status so something has to give. Also performance-wise Red Bull are on a different (higher) level than Ferrari and have been for a few years now. Very odd. That being the case if I were a FI driver I'd be more licking my lips at the available drive at Red Bull than one at Ferrari. Interesting as well to think who takes his place at Red Bull. Lewis Hamilton once he has realised he has made a terrible mistake going to Mercedes?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:30 am

Sounds like Ferrari trying to unsettle Vettle and Red Bull if you ask me.

The story makes no sense as it appears Massa has signed a contract to drive for Ferrari in 2013, are they going to run 3 cars?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

HERSH wrote:Sounds like Ferrari trying to unsettle Vettle and Red Bull if you ask me.

The story makes no sense as it appears Massa has signed a contract to drive for Ferrari in 2013, are they going to run 3 cars?

Massa reportedly has a 1 year contract for 2013, so there's a space in 2014 Hersh.

More interesting is that Vettel's current Red Bull contract runs through to the end of 2014 ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:35 pm

Hes pretty much dont everything he can at RB, and while he sits theres always going to be that doubt that his world titles were largely down to a vastly superior car and a winning strategy. If he goes to Ferrari and beats Alonso theres no argument about his greatness
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 15 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

Bagging titles in F1 is about being at the right team at the right time and on that count Vettel fell on his feet as not even Red Bull could have foreseen their dominance. Nothing lasts forever however and the next logical step would be Ferrari as for me to be the best you have to beat the best using the same equipment. That, and drive for a team that expects nothing but wins week in week out - a different kind of pressure and something thats already been accomplished by a certain Lewis Hamilton.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

Alonso will be near mid 30s by the time Vettell joins, so its forward thinking. There is winning the F1 championship, and then winning the F1 championship in a Ferrari!

Good deal alround.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:58 pm

I'm not reading anything into this.

Christian Horner has stated that he expects Vettel to be a Red Bull driver for the 2014 season and if anyone should know whats going on, he should.

But Red Bull team boss Christian Horner insists Vettel will not leave.

He told BBC Sport: "Sebastian Vettel, without a shadow of doubt, will be part of the Red Bull Racing team in 2014."

I agree it doesn't make sense for Vettel to sign for Ferrari while Alonso is there. While succession planning may make sense for the team, Nando will want to remain top dog as long as he is there and the simple maths is that only 1 driver can be the #1 driver at any given time.

That said I'm confused that apparently Fernando himself has sanctioned the move. I can only assume there is more going on behind the scenes than anyone is letting on.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

Alonso may not want to mix it with Hamilton but it seems he's more than happy to accomodate Vettel. He probably feels the same way as Hamilton (who would've gone to Red Bull in a heartbeat) in wanting a head to head with F1's golden boy to show who's the boss.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down