The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open invitation

4 posters

Go down

An open invitation Empty An open invitation

Post by graeme Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm

My home club, Crail Golfing Society, has just hosted its first SGU Order of Merit event over our Craighead course -
http://www.scottishgolfview.com/2011/04/battle-trophy-72-hole-open-at-crail.html

If anyone is in the vicinity and would like to play either Craighead or its much older and more renowned sibling, Balcomie, for the paltry sum of £12, PM me and I'd be glad to take you round as a guest.

Craighead has received a bit of stick over its short life (opened in 1998), not least from our own super_realist (who i shall convince that it's a great course Wink ). It is tough, as you'll notice from the scoring on the attached URL, but it is also a very clever test of golf with its bunkering, green complexes and condition of the greens often picked out for specific mention. It has now hosted a number of amateur and international events and with the Battle Trophy being promoted to OoM status this year, it is beginning to pick up serious recognition.

(Let's face it, I want mac to make it up to Crail, so I can show him how to hit a gowf ball properly Wink )

graeme

Back to top Go down

An open invitation Empty Re: An open invitation

Post by drive4show Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Thanks graeme

JAS and I will be up at Carnoustie for the Tassie in September along with another 2 guys from my club. If we fit in a round on our way back down we will. Hoping to meet up with S_R while we are up, if everyone is free we can make up a couple of 3balls.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 pm

graeme

That is an exceptionally kind offer, which given my proximity to crail i feel I should try to take up at some point.

Plus any excuse to visit anstruther fish bar.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

never actually been to the anster fish bar. we had fish suppers from the crail one the other week and its queue took at least 30mins, so i can't imagine what the anster one is like given its reputation. i think the answer is to phone your order through and then pile straight to the front of the queue to pick it up!

d4s, yep, the offer obviously still stands! i played craighead in our mixed 4somes invitational with my aunt the other year against a member and his friend who was an ex-walker cupper. it's always a real pleasure to play with someone who is so much better. gives you a different and sometimes, inspired perspective. tried a shot i'd never have thought of and it changed the hole completely.

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 pm

That sounds like an ideal post Tassie event, I'd be up for that Smile

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down