The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE! Pretend its an England Wales thing!

+16
nganboy
lostinwales
anotherworldofpain
LondonTiger
kingjohn7
PJHolybloke
ChequeredJersey
beshocked
Dave.
gowales
Biltong
RuggerRadge2611
MrsP
Avalon
Looseheaded
doctor_grey
20 posters

Go down

Adele or Taylor Swift?

Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Vote_lcap59%Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 23 ]
Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Vote_lcap41%Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 39

Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Empty Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE! Pretend its an England Wales thing!

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 0:47

26 October 14:00 EST (new comment):
Blodyhell - We can get 50 votes about whether you like the undies worn by England better than those worn by Wales - But not this? Its for my kids (think of the poor children).
Just gimmee a vote about these two wailing crumpets! C'mon its for a good cause (as far as you know)...............

OK boys and girls. Which one? Don't sit on the fence. You are stuck on a desert island and you must pick one. You can bring your iPad, but only with their songs.
The link to Rugby? My two lads, both Rugby players, disagree about the two singers. This may end up being a deciding vote about their team 'singer mascot' and team song for their season. I will hold off my opinion until later.

Give me feedback as the fate of the free world rests on your opinions. This is all about science. This ain't some silly question about who has worse hair, Joe Marler, Danny Care, or Rainman.

Last edited by doctor_grey on Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 19:04; edited 4 times in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Empty Re: Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE! Pretend its an England Wales thing!

Post by Looseheaded Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 3:11

They're both just awful, and your sons should try to avoid making either singer their team singer mascot.

However, out of the two, Adele simply because she does have a good voice.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE!  Pretend its an England Wales thing! Empty Re: Adele v. Taylor Swift C'mon, VOTE! Pretend its an England Wales thing!

Post by Avalon Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 10:43

I know who Adele is but who is Taylor Swift when he/she is at home?

Avalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 10:48

Well, if I was stuck on a desert island I would be quite shallow and go for the one I'd like to 'frequent'. Therefore, Taylor Swift is the only choice...!

* EDIT: am I stuck on the desert island with them or with their music? If just with their music then maybe Taylor Swift (again). Adele has a great voice but here songs are a bit depressing sometimes. A lighter vibe might be in order for being marooned.

Last edited by Griff on Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 10:50

I think you need to add in links to the relevant songs for the uninitiated (...cough...Avalon...cough...)!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 11:00

Adele for me.... a bit dour sometimes but more talented methinks.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 11:52

Please folks - keep this (somewhat) clean. This is about my lads. Also my 12 year old daughter has now entered the fray as well.

Think about being stranded with their music and for some..............err..... conversation. They kind of make me wonder if stranded on a desert island it is still possible to enter the priesthood..........

For those who don't know any current music, here is a Taylor Swift video. If you haven't heard of this song before, I would suggest moving to a new cave, one which can receive radio............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw

Here is the title song from Skyfall, the new Bond movie, sung my Adele. I rather like the song, but it seems her quadruple espresso didn't kick in until about 1:30 into the song. C'mon honey, lighten up...........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_VBptuMO0

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:03

Taylor looks hot. I'll take her.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalon Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:05

doctor_grey wrote:For those who don't know any current music, here is a Taylor Swift video. If you haven't heard of this song before, I would suggest moving to a new cave, one which can receive radio............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw
Seriously, I've never heard that song or of her. I guess I don't listen to the 'right' stations.

For the record, it's absolute pap, but I guess I'm not the market it's aimed at Smile

Adele's stuff isn't really my cup of tea, but she's got a great voice and is a talented writer too.

Avalon

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:10

Avalon,

I'm betting you don't have any kids aged between 9 and 14?

The Adele link doesn't seem to work.

Try this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:58

Crickey,
I didn't think there was any place in the civilised world or the East Midlands where someone could actually not hear Adele or Taylor Swift.

Clearly, Avalon is not a teenage girl.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 13:10

I have got to say that, although I think I would consider attempting the swim home through shark infested waters a pretty good option if I had to listen to it more than once or twice, I suspect the Taylor Swift one might be better suited to mass participation.

Can I hazzard a guess that the younger Grey son prefers Taylor and the elder, Adele?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 14:40

I think Taylor Swift has better songs overall. They're mostly up beat songs as well, so it would help me get in a good mood and keep me going when the going gets tough.
While i really like Adele's big hit singles, her albums get a bit boring and depressing i find.

Plus if i was feeling a bit <ahem> frisky, from being on an island by myself, i would rather have Swift's album cover on my iPad...

Last edited by gowales on Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 14:44; edited 2 times in total

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 14:42

Taylor Swift all day long...if I can choose just her country songs.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 15:44

I would say Taylor Swift but I do like Adele's new bond theme - Skyfall.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 18:45

gowales wrote:........Plus if i was feeling a bit <ahem> frisky, from being on an island by myself, i would rather have Swift's album cover on my iPad...
I will allow you to take one of the girls with you. But if you want to be alone and get <ahem> frisky, please do not upset the wildlife. Last thing you need is some native island animals jumping up and down beside you as you enter the throws of friskiness................

Last edited by doctor_grey on Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 19:05; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 18:53

MrsP wrote:I have got to say that, although I think I would consider attempting the swim home through shark infested waters a pretty good option if I had to listen to it more than once or twice, I suspect the Taylor Swift one might be better suited to mass participation.

Can I hazzard a guess that the younger Grey son prefers Taylor and the elder, Adele?
Most people here predicted the same as you, But surprisingly, the boys are the other way. Grey Male Offspring Number 1 prefers Taylor whilst Grey Male Offspting Number 2 prefers Adele. But they are 14 and 15 and only one and a half years apart, so they are entitled to be confused. But my 12 year old daughter is a Taylor girl all the way.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 19:03

Could the boys be judging on criteria other than musicality?

My 14 year old son would be completely devastated to have to listen to Taylor Swift.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 19:10

Clearly musical talent is a subsidiary part of the process for my 14 year old. His nickname is Gaga because for a while he wanted to make Lady Gaga his girlfriend. Now he thinks he can 'go up a level or two'.

My older one is showing very disturbing signs of maturity. He is actually picking songs just on the musical merit. He even listens to classical music now and again, by choice, and stored on his Ipod.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 21:08

My wife told me Adele has a great voice. I think she knows what she's on about, but she does also like Kylie, Spice Girls and S Club 7. Adele is more soulfull isn't she? And Taylor Swift is more country? Soul over country any day. And she's British so it should really be no contest, so Adele gets my vote even though I couldn't name a song from either.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 8:59

Taylor Swift is a worse singer and a little bit annoying ImO. Adele all the way, especially as I see no problem with depressing music and some of her songs are brilliant
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 9:12

Taylor Swift, it's a no-brainer

Desert Islands have a limited supply of food resources, and also, Taylor Swift gets it.

Last edited by PJHolybloke on Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 18:47; edited 1 time in total
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 18:13

Got to say im shocked how close this poll is. If they were with you in person thats one thing, but if I had to listen to only Taylor Swifts music id just go and feed myself to the sharks.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 18:48

Oh, if it's just the music we're talking about - I'd shoot my iPad.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 20:25

My 11yo daughter went for Taylor Swift. Sorry.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 21:50

PJHolybloke wrote:Oh, if it's just the music we're talking about - I'd shoot my iPad.
Laugh Laugh

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 10:14

They both suck. And neither are hot enough to warrant pretending. Move on.

Reset the iPad and save yourself an isolated eternity of sonic torture.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 14:48

Adele is just awful. Chasing Pavements must be one of the worst songs ever released on so many levels and I cant wait to see the name of her next album following on from the innovatively named '19' and '21' - how about 'I'm very rich' for the next one...

Look I am English and living where I currently do I am fairly biased about a lot of things - but if you are talking about these kinds of voices I'd take Duffy every time.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 23:41

Adele has a better voice
Taylor is better looking
Adele seems really annoying when she is not singing.
Taylor seems a bit ditzy when she is not singing.
So Taylor it is.
Any I'm a country fan.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 9:39

anotherworldofpain wrote:They both suck..

That's good enough for me - I'll call it a draw thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 11:36

Shocked Taxi!!

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 11:57

ebop wrote: Shocked Taxi!!

Where to? Adele and Taylors house thumbsup cake

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 18:34

Okay!

I don't know how you could leave us like this with no further news on how things are progressing?

You must know we have all been worried sick wondering what is going on over there.

I mean, I know you've had some "issues" with the weather but....

Which song did you choose????????

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 6:46

Mrs. P,
Things are going well. The vote is 22-13 Adele defeating Taylor. This is how I voted. Taylor Swift drives me nutz. Seems all Adele songs are about someone mucking about with someone else's boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/ mother/dog/parrot. At least I like her voice a bit.

North Jersey is mostly recovered. Only a few homes without power. The people whose homes were damaged have received assistance quickly. Petrol rationing has ended. The ocean areas are still terrible, but at least people who lost homes (and whole towns in some cases) have generally been well taken care of. The national, state, and local government agencies come away from this with great credit.

And me and mine? We are fine. Looking forward to the holiday season, always done extremely well in the New York area, and it will be more poignant this year. Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Hannukah, Christmas, and New Years. One long party season. Always a terrific five weeks.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 16:48

Adele for me. She seems a better laugh, plus she like a drink or two. Her mockney cockney accent is like chewing tin foil tho.Swift is high maintenance imo. Break up with her and she'll release an entire album slating you... Shocked
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 10:37

Swift for me.

Adele is just a fat munter and quite frankly, a pub wailer.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Omelette Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 14:31

Not many fences up your way, eh, Jimpy?!

Omelette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down