The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DDP Miracle Worker?

+12
Beer
theundisputedY2D2
Hero
Kay Fabe
Samo
Adam D
x12x
Bull
Kid Vicious
ncfc_Tooze
Fernando
Amy
16 posters

Go down

DDP Miracle Worker? Empty DDP Miracle Worker?

Post by Amy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 9:46 pm

Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page has worked with several pro wrestlers on their aches and pains via his DDP Yoga system.

But Monday he begins perhaps his biggest challenge when Jake “The Snake” Roberts moves in with Page in a home Page recently bought in Atlanta. Roberts, whose wrestling career was derailed multiple times by substance abuse issues, will train with Page while cameras roll for a planned documentary. The idea is to get Roberts, 57, back in good enough shape for one more run in the wrestling business.

Page, 56, told newsday.com Sunday that he called Roberts -- whose weight had ballooned up to 302 pounds -- in Roberts’ hometown of Gainesville, Texas three months ago.

“And I told him, ‘If you can really do this -- and you have to prove it to me [by doing the program] for six or eight weeks,” Page said. “‘I’ll freakin’ get a place in Atlanta. I’ll bring you up, and we’ll continue this journey.’”

Roberts was filmed in Texas when he started the yoga program, which Page developed to deal with the injuries he suffered while in the squared circle. Page said that Roberts lost 20 pounds in the first 3 ½ weeks of training and is now down approximately 35 pounds.

“Jake does not want to be seen the way he was seen at the end,” Page said.

Roberts’ demons have been chronicled in the 1999 Barry Blaustein documentary “Beyond the Mat” -- which included Roberts interviewed in a hotel room after apparently smoking crack -- and the 2005 WWE-produced DVD “Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts: Pick Your Poison.” Roberts’ attempts to clean up includes a 1996 return to a WWE after a three-plus year hiatus in which his real-life born-again Christian convictions were incorporated into his story lines.

Along with the physical training, Page and filmmaker Steve Yu will work on things like getting the computer-deficient Roberts up to date on using Facebook and Twitter. Page says the idea is to keep Roberts busy with positive activities so he won’t backslide into past habits.

“That house, I reached out to a couple of my friends, and asked, ‘What are we going to call my new crib?’ And we came up with ‘Accountability Crib,’ you’re accountable for everything.”

To that end, Page and Yu said that Roberts will be drug-tested while he’s in the home.

“If he does that [stuff] one time while he’s with me, he’s gone,” Page said.

But Page is encouraged by what Roberts has already accomplished, losing as much weight as he has after having being so out of shape in his first workout he couldn’t do more than a couple of exercises without needing rest.

“Bottom line is, everybody wants the comeback story,” Page said. “Everybody wants to see Jake look good, and feel good, and not be a mess anymore. That would be great. I think there are a lot of really positive things that can come out of this if Jake really does it.”

( http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-wrestling/jake-the-snake-roberts-to-move-in-with-diamond-dallas-page-train-for-one-last-pro-wrestling-run-1.4163588 )

Amy

Back to top Go down

DDP Miracle Worker? Empty Re: DDP Miracle Worker?

Post by Fernando Tue 30 Oct 2012, 9:59 pm

Roberts was booked for an independent show in La Marque, Texas on Saturday night for the Coastal Wrestling Federation where he was set to face a wrestler named Johnny Blade. According to fans in attendance, Roberts had been drinking and got upset when he felt his opponent was getting too much attention, more than Roberts himself.

Roberts reportedly confronted Blade during a mid-show promo in the ring. The story goes that Roberts ordered a confused referee to the ring, hit Blade in the head and then fell on top of him for a quick, sloppy pin. Roberts then reportedly walked straight from the ring to his car and left.

There were about 300 fans in attendance and the promoter issued an apology for Roberts' action.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 25 Jan 2013, 4:11 pm

Spoiler:

Holly Molly, Hes Back Looking How Roughly How He Was Early 90's Shocked

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 25 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

just what the wrestling world needs, another 60 year old coming back for one "last" run

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:32 am

Scott Hall has now arrived to begin the same ddp course as roberts
here are ddp and jake picking up hall from the airport
DDP Miracle Worker? BDbzFwkCcAAlKem

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

how come Hall is in a wheel chair?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:41 am

he has had several organ failures due to his alcohol and drug addictions lately so is quite weak and drained at times.

Roberts said on twitter the other day that hall had gone 16 days clean since the phone call they had with him that is on youtube

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:57 am

DDP is the man, I was never really a massive fan of him as wrestler when I was younger but I'm becoming a fan now. When I saw the title I thought it was about Arthur Boorman

Watch this and then tell me you don't like DDP, I dare you!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:28 am

ncfc_Tooze wrote:he has had several organ failures due to his alcohol and drug addictions lately so is quite weak and drained at times.

Roberts said on twitter the other day that hall had gone 16 days clean since the phone call they had with him that is on youtube

Not sure if any of you saw Kevin Nash talking about this and ranting as usual, saying that DDP system is full of bull.

He is saying that Hall is doomed if he thinks this will solve his problems.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:44 am

Adam D wrote:
Not sure if any of you saw Kevin Nash talking about this and ranting as usual, saying that DDP system is full of bull.

Its poison like that that will never help Hall get clean. I just think Nash cant accept that he cant help Scott. You have to feel for Nash though because its his best buddy of nearly 20 years. It must be killing him to see Scott Hall like that.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm

I've not seen Hall in about two years, he looks worse than I imagined he'd look, the guy looked a million bucks in the 90s

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:56 pm

How he is still alive looking at that pic is a miracle in itself!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:26 pm

Adam D wrote:
ncfc_Tooze wrote:he has had several organ failures due to his alcohol and drug addictions lately so is quite weak and drained at times.

I thought Nash said on Twitter that if anyone could help Scott Hall it was DDP? And now he's saying this? Whatta Nashhole!

I'm actually surprised Hall showed up, I was fully expecting to read somewhere that DDP and Jake Roberts were waiting at the airport for 3 days with a 'Razor Ramon' sign, only for Hall to no show and be found 6 weeks later in a crack den with hookers, midgets & Angelina Love.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:28 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I'm actually surprised Hall showed up, I was fully expecting to read somewhere that DDP and Jake Roberts were waiting at the airport for 3 days with a 'Razor Ramon' sign, only for Hall to no show and be found 6 weeks later in a crack den with hookers, midgets & Angelina Love.

And smokewheel pizza surely!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

Hero wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

And smokewheel pizza surely!

Sorry Hero, Scott Hall snorted all the smokewheel pizza. Crying or Very sad

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

Wheelchair Flair > Wheelchair Hall

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:39 pm

Although Wheelchair Hall attempting the Razor's/Outsider's Edge on Wheelchair Flair would be all kinds of win.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:41 pm

Anyone see this in regards to Flair:

Ric filed docs in response to his wife's legal separation papers -- calling Jackie "cruel" and "barbarous," and claiming she has endangered his life in drunken fits of rage ... multiple times throughout their marriage.

In the docs, Ric says Jackie went after him -- back in February 2010 -- with a glass object and "shattered it over his forehead, cutting him severely, and requiring medical attention."

Even though they've been separated since December ... Ric says he's still terrified of his estranged wife, and is now asking the court for a domestic violence protective order.

I hope to dear god he elbow dropped his jacket during it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

Ric Flair will NEVAAAAAH RETAAAAAH!

Or win a fight with a woman.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

DDP Yoga is even used by MMA fighters, DDP has developed quite the second (or is it third?) career for himself.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Hero wrote:Anyone see this in regards to Flair:

Ric filed docs in response to his wife's legal separation papers -- calling Jackie "cruel" and "barbarous," and claiming she has endangered his life in drunken fits of rage ... multiple times throughout their marriage.

In the docs, Ric says Jackie went after him -- back in February 2010 -- with a glass object and "shattered it over his forehead, cutting him severely, and requiring medical attention."

Even though they've been separated since December ... Ric says he's still terrified of his estranged wife, and is now asking the court for a domestic violence protective order.

I hope to dear god he elbow dropped his jacket during it.

I hope to God he bladed

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:46 pm

I hope to God that after his wife busted him open he yelled "WOW! THAT'S MY LINE!" at her.

"WOOO! 16 TIMES! WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! 16 TIMES! DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROTECTIVE ORDERS FILED AGAINST MY WIFE!"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:52 pm

Wonder if she declared that she was now the Man?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

Would have loved to have seen the look on Flair's face when she no sold the Figure Four.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:40 pm

DDP Miracle Worker? 36521_10

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 7:08 am

Book it!

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 Feb 2013, 7:20 am

I love that hahaha!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down