The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 7 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 7 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

GSC wrote:Deserved a point is a bit biased. Generally you don't deserve a point when you only start playing at 2-0 with 35 mins to go

It doesn't matter when we started playing, all it would have taken is Sturridge to bury that chance to have made it 2-2 and United had already made a couple of defensive changes so might have found it more difficult to get back into the game.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 7 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:34 am

Think its clear now that allen isn't good enough. Was never realy impressed with him from the start, was sick of people fawning over his 100+ short passes every game, they never go anywhere! Think BR doesnt want to admitt he was wrong about allen as he was his biggest signing cash wise(?). But hes not cut out for liverpool, im a big critic of hendo but think he is the better option, or shelvey. As for downing, where do i even start...cant pass, shooting awful, predominantly one footed and even with his good foot he rarely beats the first man with his cross! Why tell a player he can leave then play him every game?? Br just seems to always make the wrong decision both starting line up wise and subs wise.

Only positive is we looked good near the end, sturridge showed he can link with suarez. We could have actua

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:35 am

*actually nicked a draw but would have been undeserved. All in all im a very dissapointed fan. YNWA

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:42 am

Yeah, I should qualify my statement, I didn't mean we deserved it on the balance of the play, but that we deserved it in that it was right there for the taking.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:53 am

Totally agree, did we desrve a draw overall? No. Could we have ended with a point? Definatley.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

I be going to Anfield this Saturday and I am very much looking forward to it (weather permitting of course!)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:00 am

I'm working so won't be able to watch the game but I expect a win to be honest, hopefully we can put the United result behind us and continue the good from before that game. Both sides have improved since the first tie, and I don't expect a similar result. I'd be happy with any kind of win to be honest.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:09 am

Heavy snow forecast for Liverpool on Friday so fingers-crossed it doesn't impact on the game.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:15 am

The pitch should be fine with undersoil heating, the past two winters have been much worse than this one and Anfield coped then. The only problem would be whether it's dangerous for fans to get there.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:16 am

Olly wrote:I be going to Anfield this Saturday and I am very much looking forward to it (weather permitting of course!)

I would recommend getting the train up Olly. Snow blizzards forecasted for Friday until Saturday morning Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 7 732107

Hope the under soil heating is working!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

lfc91 wrote:*actually nicked a draw but would have been undeserved. All in all im a very dissapointed fan. YNWA

I agree and also about Allen

I thought that Henderson would have gotten the nod on Sunday. Been in good form and seems to have regained confidence which Allen is short of at the moment. I think that Allen needs to be dropped to give him some impetus to regain form and his place in the team.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:45 am

Just been reading that Suarez has admitted to diving earlier in the season against Stoke. From memory that dive was so obvious he didn't need to admit it Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:06 pm

I'm heading up via the coaches!!!

Should be fun Shocked
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:10 pm

Olly wrote:I'm heading up via the coaches!!!

Should be fun Shocked

Make sure you take some reading material!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:12 pm

Hahaha me and 2 mates are going! Coaches leave Norwich at 7am!! I've got plenty of books to read, but I shall probably spend most of my time admiring the snow!

As for the game it should be a good game. Hopefully we can pick up something, but in the 2 times I have seen Suarez play live he has scored 6 goals at a ratio of 3 goals a game. I hope I'm not his good luck charm Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:39 am

What are the odds on a 3rd consecutive hat trick for Suarez?

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:18 am

Loads of stories around today that Sneijder and Liverpool are in talks but the salary is a stumbling block with him apparently wanting 260k per week.

In other news, would anyone like to know Saturdays lottery numbers? I found them written down on a piece of bog roll in the pub.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:22 am

If it's true, I don't understand why we bothered, it was pretty obvious his wage demands were going to be through the roof and his injury issues mean it might not be even worth it. There's a reason no big club has gone for him now he is available.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

Richard Wood ‏@richardwoodEDP
Amazing motorway gritting service. Norwich to Liverpool, five hours. The game better not be called off now #ncfc

Yes great news! Fingers crossed it all stays ok for tomorrow!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:02 pm

Another good result, if Sturridge keeps this up he's in danger of changing my views of him... Laugh

I think a huge reason for the upturn in form in recent weeks is the form of Gerrard, I think he's finally hitting his best again. Obviously not the best of his career, but playing at the top of the game he is capable of right now. He's been excellent recently.

Other mention has to go to Henderson who had a tough first year but never looked poor, just anonymous, he's finally found his role in the team with Lucas and Gerrard and to be honest Rodgers cannot make an argument to start Allen over him now. I'd say that Allen is at risk of falling to the bottom of the midfield pile as I think Shelvey has been better than him this season as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:04 pm

I said when he paid 15m for Allen, I have no idea what he actually contributes.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

I think Allen needs to be given time to adjust to life at Liverpool , no disrespect to Swansea but it's a huge step up .. plus he has had to endure all the media hype regarding his pass completion rate ( the way the media protrayed him at the end of last season he was some sort of world beater , so he was never going to live upto that at a new club were he needs to find his feet ) Henderson is a good comparison he is looking like he is finally settled in and is showing some good performances now .

Sturridge and Suarez played well together which is encouraging .

Heard from a mate that West Ham want to terminate Carrolls loan and send him back before the window shuts , mate seems to think Newcastle would them take him on loan for the rest of the season ................ but i dont think they can ? as isn't there a rule about players only being able to play for 2 clubs in anyone season ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

I just think now that Lucas is back, he can do Allen's job just as well with the added advantage of being much better at breaking play up and linking the midfield and defence. The problem is that Allen, in a three man midfield doesn't offer enough. Lucas acts as the defensive midfielder, breaking up play, keeping things ticking over, Gerrard is a deep-lying playmaker, spreading balls about and making driving runs to join the attack and the third midfielder currently Henderson is a busy body midfielder who gets around, puts pressure on their midfield and makes up numbers in the box.

Lucas is much better suited than Allen for the defensive role, Allen doesn't have the vision or range of passing to play Gerrard's role and he I don't think he presses enough or gets involved with attacks enough to play the third role. I think for now, we have to stick with Lucas-Gerrard-Henderson and Rodgers has to make it clear to Allen that his place is very much up in the air because his performances haven't been good enough.

You're right that Carroll wouldn't be able to leave again because of that reason. If they terminate his contract, we'd have him. I think it's a shame for Carroll because I think he could have been a success at West Ham but injuries have really restricted him. I think Carroll's career is destined to be a matter of what could have been. I think that as a big striker he would peak later like Drogba, but I'm not sure his injuries will let him reach his peak.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

Has Carroll actually played competitively for 'Pool this season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:18 pm

If we some how do sign Sneijder and this sounds daft but were do you see him fitting in Crimey ?
I mean would he play just behind a front 2 of Suarez and Sturridge in a 2 - 1 - 3 - 4 formation ?
or would we stick to a 3 - 3 - 4
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

Sneidjers off to Galatasaray now apparently.

Possibly shift Suarez/Sturridge onto the wing?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:40 pm

Carroll came off the bench I think early times in the league, I remember it getting a big cheer.

I don't think we'll sign Sneijder, I'm not sure the rumour was serious, at the very most Liverpool might have enquired what would have to be paid. If I'm wrong, and he is signed, I'd have him in the role that Henderson has currently using.

I'm not sure there is a strict formation these days anyway, Johnson seems to play as a full back and winger simultaneously anyway. Sneijder would take Henderson's place though I'd imagine.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm

6 points off of top four at the moment, but a real tough run of games coming up. Get a few shock wins or at least draws in that run and top 5 isn't an unrealistic aim at all.

Need to beat teams in the top half though, it's the opposite of the problems we've faced for the past 10 years which is struggling against smaller clubs but beat big clubs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 21 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Sneijder having a medical at Galatasaray so looks like thats a done deal . We have improved our offer for Coutinho from Inter Milan to 8 million
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 21 Jan 2013, 4:24 pm

I know I had a go at signing players simply because they're English, but am I the only one who'd rather spend £7 million on Thomas Ince than £10 million on Coutinho.

Whenever I've seen Coutinho play, he's looked a little lightweight and I think he's more of a central attacking midfielder who has been moved to the wing which if we look at Suso isn't always a great move. Ince has experience of English football, of Liverpool and is a much more natural winger.

What does everybody think of the rumours that Rodgers is looking to sign a defender permanently and then send Coates on loan? I don't understand why he's doing it. I can understand sending Coates on loan, but if we sign a defender, as soon as he comes back he's further down the pecking order. I think this year, Carragher, Coates is sufficient enough cover for the partnership of Agger and Skrtel.

I think we have to keep the partnership going as they look so much better together than when if we swap defenders all the time. But if we sign a new defender, I doubt he'd be happy to sit on the bench, at least some of the names being thrown around wouldn't, so it'd just end up disrupting one of the best centre-back partnerships in the lead and also halt Coates progress as a youngster.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:24 am

I agree with Crimey , its a risk bringing in a player from another league .. its a certainty that he wont get as much time on the ball in the Premier league and i agree he does look a little light weight .
Heard Blackpool wont take Rodgers calls though so not sure were that leaves Ince as i do think he wants to come back .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 7:12 am

I suspect the Coutinho stories are being leaked to hurry Blackpool along. Just my hunch although I hope in wrong.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 22 Jan 2013, 8:15 am

It always have the chance of being an excellent signing and the Ince one could always flop, but after so many dodgy signings over the past 5 years, I'd rather the one with less risk was taken.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:03 am

How Blackpool think Ince's value has increased 20 fold since last summer is beyond me. If they won't lower their value I'd leave them be.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

Yeah, I don't want to see us pay over the top for him either. Unless Rodgers has some kind of agreement still with Swansea, I wouldn't mind us having a go for Nathan Dyer there.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

The situation with Ince is that we rightfully have 35% on his next transfer. So if Liverpool are officially bidding £6mill, its techinically £3.9Mill as we would get £2.1mill back. Blackpool are aware if this and went Liverpool to up there offer to incoperate the 35% buy back clause. So a bid of £8mill would mean that Blackpool would technically receive £6.2mill. But our arguement is that 35% in place no matter were he goes, so if he does go to for £6mill Liverpool would be getting £2.1mill anyway regardless! Karl Oyston doing his usually blanking of the phones aswell. I think its bonkers that we are trying to buy back a player who left for buttons 12 months previously!

Coutinho does look like a real prospect and the type of player we could do with ATM. Very skillful, technical and has good pace. He looks like the type of player who can do something out of the ordinary and win games. He's lot more experienced then Suso and I feel for £8mill, I'd rather take a chance on him then get Ince back. Especially if Blackpool are trying to hold us to ransom.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:29 pm

BTW I had a great day out at Anfield on Saturday. People all really nice, had a crackin burger, managed to nick some not severely restricted viewing seats so we could actually see the game (although I wish I had stayed put and not seen it Laugh)

Shame that we were so crap and hardly had a shot lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Olly - despite the result. You had a few chances from set-pieces though, especially in the 1st half. There was one that should have been taken at 1-0 (was it Russell Martin?). Who knows what would have happened had that gone in - last years fixture springs to mind.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

Was Ryan Bennett!

We were truly awful. I don't know why we seemed to just sit back and let Gerrard have all the time in the world! And he duly obliged with a Man of the Match performance.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:43 pm

You'd been reading all these press reports about him being on the slide and decided the coffin dodger was no longer a threat.

Write him off at your peril!!!!!!!!!

BWWWWHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:53 am

DAVE667 wrote:You'd been reading all these press reports about him being on the slide and decided the coffin dodger was no longer a threat.

Write him off at your peril!!!!!!!!!

BWWWWHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

True that.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 23 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

Apparently Southampton are ready to hijack the Coutinho deal and match the £10 million asking price.

Where have Southampton got their money from? I'd be disappointed if we're being bullied in the transfer market by a relegation threatened side as well, especially after they signed Ramirez, a player I felt Liverpool should have been aiming for.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 23 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

Southampton spent the 7th highest amount of money in Europe in the summer!!!

Think the chairman is quite well off plus they sold Bale, Walcott and the Ox so lot of money from those sales
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:16 pm

I'm hoping for a good showing today against Oldham , we need to take he cup serious so hopefully we will put out a decent side and go through
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:17 pm

Picking a lightweight defence in an FA cup game away from home is never going to go well.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:18 pm

Jones and the back 4 are having a nightmare !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

Smith in the first half got away with a lot of holding at set pieces that normally would be a free kick, was probably a foul on Sturridge in the build up to the goal as well. That said we've been worse than awful, and the lack of ability to win a header is shocking from players at a premier league club.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:21 pm

Laugh oldham 30 mins away from the 5th round

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:58 pm

Shall we cry together Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 6:05 pm

Laugh fantastic stuff, congrats to oldham!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next