The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 6 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:26 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Don't think anything more needs to be said of Suarez. He is an out and out cheat a d frankly is a disgrace to the game. Refs need to wise up to his actions. If he played for Newcastle I don't think I would support him, as good as he is.

Do you feel the same about Henry?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:31 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Don't think anything more needs to be said of Suarez. He is an out and out cheat a d frankly is a disgrace to the game. Refs need to wise up to his actions. If he played for Newcastle I don't think I would support him, as good as he is.

Do you feel the same about Henry?

You're comparing them because of their handballs?

Henry didn't have a list of previous as long as his cheating arm.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:36 pm

Hand ball .......... Yes

Will he be hung drawn and quartered ............. Yes

Does he deserved to be ? ............... Yes
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

I honestly believe if Henry's career was looked back under the same scrutiny as Bale and Suarez we'd discover he dived just as much.

People overreact when it's Suarez, take Jack for example. Quick enough to mention when Suarez dives but when Collocini went in studs up knee high and got sent off it was a bad decision.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

Game on

I hope that ' goal ' doesn't decide the game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

Looks like it will...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:49 pm

hampo171 wrote:I honestly believe if Henry's career was looked back under the same scrutiny as Bale and Suarez we'd discover he dived just as much.

People overreact when it's Suarez, take Jack for example. Quick enough to mention when Suarez dives but when Collocini went in studs up knee high and got sent off it was a bad decision.

You mean when Colo went to snap him, decided to pull out and Suarez went down like he'd been run over?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:51 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
hampo171 wrote:I honestly believe if Henry's career was looked back under the same scrutiny as Bale and Suarez we'd discover he dived just as much.

You mean when Colo went to snap him, decided to pull out and Suarez went down like he'd been run over?

Yeah you know the one, when he "pulled out" and got sent off for intent.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:04 pm

The intent of pulling out? Why did he go down like he had been done? I wonder...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:08 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:The intent of pulling out? Why did he go down like he had been done? I wonder...

The intent was to go in knee high and potentially break someone's leg. That's what he got sent off for, but his reaction to go down was no different to any other player. We saw a Brighton player do it yesterday and get Ameobi sent off but nobody has called that player a cheat.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:11 pm

Suarez is naturally going to get more press because he plays at a higher level. The Brighton player was a cheat, not on the same level as Suarez and Bale though.

Anyway, well played Liverpool. Managed to beat a lower league team which we failed to do yesterday.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm

So what did everybody think of the game (let's not get bogged down with the handball incident.)

I thought that it was a slightly disappointing performance if I'm honest, Mansfield while they showed a lot of heart were far too competitive in the game considering they're a non-league side against Premier League. We should have been out of sight by half time. Sturridge had a few bright moments but lacked the cutting edge required, I'd have expected him to put away at least two of his other chances, hopefully that's just rustiness/nerviness.

Shelvey played well, his through balls were exactly what Sturridge will thrive on, so good to see them connecting early. Suso was very disappointing, this was just the game where he could have shown off his technical skill and ability but he was absent and did very little with the ball. I think it's clear that he's not suited to being on the wing, but at the moment is too lightweight to play through the middle, he should only get better with games though.

I thought it was an odd decision for Rodgers to put Suarez on and so early, I get that Suarez loves to play football and hates being left out, but I think he shouldn't have even been in the match day squad today, he's played a lot of games, almost always the entire 90 minutes and there is a huge run of games coming up so he should have been rested. We have to remember how the club has burnt out players like Owen and Torres before, and while Suarez doesn't rely on his physical skills as much as they did, we cannot allow the same to happen to him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

Right. I've calmed down a bit now.

First of all, congratulations Liverpool, best of luck for the rest of the competition.

Now, Suarez. Hampo, you said people over-react because of who he is. Why is that? Not because of his face. Not because of his name. Not because of his nationality. People are judged on their actions. His invite reaction. As far as little Mansfield are concerned though, he'll probably never darken our doorstep again. So after today he can do what he wants for me.

Unfortunately though, that goal decided the game.

I'm not too fussed though to be fair. We (were) never expected to win, have made a tidy wedge from the day and also given a great account of ourselves.

I'd rather feel proud of our display than ill feeling toward Suarez.

You Stags. guinness
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 06 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

He was about 2 yards away and the keeper kicked the ball at his arm......so what. Bet you certain posters would have found hilarious if it was the other way round and it happened to us. Bout time we were having some luck.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 07 Jan 2013, 8:24 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:He was about 2 yards away and the keeper kicked the ball at his arm......so what. Bet you certain posters would have found hilarious if it was the other way round and it happened to us. Bout time we were having some luck.

Huh?

He deliberately handled it. I'm not going to get on his back about it but he did mean it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Jan 2013, 9:11 am

Thought it should have stood ..

but the classless punk had to milk the fact he hand balled it...

Personally I'd have chucked him out for the racist stuff.......

Chuck in the diving...his habit of doing other footballers when the ref isn't watching...and there aren't many redeeming qualities..

Unfortunately in today's society people applaud...vile, disgusting, classless morons like him...

But there we go..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 07 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

I can't believe Suarez is getting hung out for this. The ball hit his hand from 2 yards away and went into goal, what did he do wrong?

He didn't palm it in or change the direction intentionally, it was an accident. He didn't even run around celebrating, he looked like he thought the ref was going to give a foul.

People need to forget his previous and judge him on this situation. It was the fault of the officials not Suarez.

Last edited by nasisillmatic on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:00 am

He did pat the ball onto the ground but I agree in that, it's up to the officials to see what he did.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

The officials did see it. They deemed it not to be deliberate and awarded the goal.

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Thought it should have stood ..

Unfortunately in today's society people applaud...vile, disgusting, classless morons like him...

If you are talking about the kissing of his wrist, he does that after every goal. His daughter's name is on his wrist. But yeah, classless punk for doing that.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 07 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

liverbnz wrote:The officials did see it. They deemed it not to be deliberate and awarded the goal.

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Thought it should have stood ..

If you are talking about the kissing of his wrist, he does that after every goal. His daughter's name is on his wrist. But yeah, classless punk for doing that.

The way people are using his goal celebration to suit their agenda is shocking. They remember everything else Suarez has done since he joined us, but seem to forget the goal celebration he has done for over a year.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 07 Jan 2013, 3:58 pm

Haha yer Trussy hasn't got a clue as per.

And Stella no he didn't mean it. End of

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Haha yer Trussy hasn't got a clue as per.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDba1Gpcujg

He patted the ball down. He DID mean it. Now that's the end of it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

Stella wrote:

Just watched it. He DIDN'T mean it. End of

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:06 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Stella wrote:

Just watched it. He DIDN'T mean it. End of

LOL, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:11 pm

To be fair I am usually against Suarez but I don't think he meant that at all.

Ref or lino has got to see that. The goal shouldn't have stood
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

Personally i thought he was trying to move he hand out the way but actually ended up in the way. Wasn't delibrate for me.

You can tell by the way he kicked the ball in the net he expected to get done for it.

Poor refeering though it was glaringly obvious

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

Yes, he was expecting the whistle to blow but IMO he did mean it. Anyway, I'm not going to get on his back.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

The ESPN commentator has been reprimanded for calling Suarez "a cheat"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

It was shocking refereeing, and they're the ones that need to be villified in this case.

If that was Suso putting that ball I bet this wouldn't have been blown up like it is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

If was Suso no one would care

Also congrats on the defeat for Sunday Mr Howard Webb is referee for your game vs Utd Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:50 pm

If Suarez wanted to mean it he would've palmed the ball, he never did that because it is quite clear he did not have time to react.

The ESPN commentary team were awful. If it was anyone else in the team they would've changed their tune.

Last edited by nasisillmatic on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:50 pm

Fernando wrote:If was Suso no one would care

Also congrats on the defeat for Sunday Mr Howard Webb is referee for your game vs Utd Whistle

Haha I know. Am goin to say it will be 6mins of time added on if we are winning and 3mins if we are loosing. So most likely 3mins

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

Yeah i wouldn't get your hopes up for Sunday with Fergie's love child as Ref

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/why-has-luis-suarez-been-condemned-when-players-1523071

People should take note of that ^

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm

The officials did see it apparently, according to Rodgers who was told by the fourth official that it was a handball...so they must have just awarded the goal as they deemed it wasn't deliberate.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:35 pm

Crimey wrote:The officials did see it apparently, according to Rodgers who was told by the fourth official that it was a handball...so they must have just awarded the goal as they deemed it wasn't deliberate.

Was the fourth official just giving an opinion, as it's the ref that gives the decision, regardless of what the fourth official says?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

[quote="Stella"]
Crimey wrote:The officials did see it apparently, according to Rodgers who was told by the fourth official that it was a handball...so they must have just awarded the goal as they deemed it wasn't deliberate.

Was the fourth official just giving an opinion, as it's the ref that gives the decision, regardless of what the fourth official says?[/quote

I was under the impression that the fourth official is actually the conduit between the referee and the manager so communicates why a particular decision was made. They're all linked up on microphones and Rodgers said this a few days ago without any comment saying that he was wrong back.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm

Fergie will bring the handball up numerous times in his pre match interviews while he plays his ' mind games ' . Hope Rodgers doesn't get sucked in .

With Webb reffing i worry for our chances , he will be one sided fact
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 4:43 pm

As Strachan said, youdon't park on double yellows for 20 minutes then ring the council offering to pay £85. The officials should have called it if they felt it should have been disallowed.

Was it deliberate? I don't believe so.

Should it have been allowed to stand? Probably not.

Am I glad it did? Yes.

Was it in the "spirit of the game"? If anyone can point me to what the "spirit of the game" is these days, I'd be grateful. Seems to be berating every official and his dog, diving, tugging shirts, tripping elbowing, feigning injury etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:36 am

How do people want to see us lined up today? Enrique is out and so is Kelly which means Johnson to start at left back and Wisdom at right back I assume.

Reina

Wisdom
Skrtel
Agger
Johnson

Lucas
Gerrard
Allen

Downing
Suarez
Sterling

I wouldn't start Sturridge in such a big game, and Downing offers a lot more defensively and can help out Wisdom on that right side. I think there is a possibility of Henderson starting as he has broken into the first team lately and Allen played in the cup game, but I'd be surprised if Rodgers made that call in such a big game but wouldn't be against it, I think Henderson has been just as good as Allen this year.

I'm hoping for no major incidents in this game, United are missing Rooney so hopefully we can take advantage of that and snatch the win.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

I think the way to take on United is to attack if I'm honest. They're going to score goals at home with their firepower, so I'd be tempted to play Sturridge and Suarez and back them to score more
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:43 am

Not for me, Sturridge hasn't played a lot of football, to throw him in at United would be throwing him to the wolves, he needs to be eased in.

To play a front three of Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling against United would be suicide. Sturridge and Sterling would not join the midfield to help defend.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

Play 4-4-2 then. United will score barring a miracle. Gonna have to chase the game.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

This is Brendan Rodgers we're talking about, there's more of a possibility of him selecting himself than playing 442.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

True enough, I just think playing that system is set up for a slaughter.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 13 Jan 2013, 12:04 pm

I imagine Rodgers plan is to try and just smother United's midfield (not sure who'll play, Carrick, Cleverley? With Nani and Valencia on wings? not sure who is injured and that). He'll want to cut off supply to Van Persie I imagine and then attack the defence with pace.

I think Sturridge will be too raw at the moment to risk against United and Downing is good at tracking back so will help stifle United's counter-attacks.

Liverpool usually raise their game for the United games, and were unlucky to lose last time out, so I'm actually fairly positive for this game, especially after coming off a good run and Suarez in top form.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 13 Jan 2013, 12:48 pm

Liverpool line up as I predicted. Borini is also back on the bench, which means, shock horror, Liverpool have two forwards on the bench.

Manchester United line up:

De Gea

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Young
Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Welbeck
Van Persie

It'll be interesting to see if Kagawa stays on the wing, or they move to a 4-3-3 with Welbeck and Young on the wings.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:46 am

Pleased with the second half display , wasn't really expecting much anyway
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:02 am

Best team won in the end, but like Kenny I didn't expect much so not too disappointed. We obviously tried to contain them from the off for as long as possible but RVP is a difficult one to contain.

I'm glad we changed it at HT and matched them up 442. Lucas is still some way off his best form which is understandable so he was the right choice to remove even though Allen was poor first-half. The game opened up a fair bit and we could easily have ended up getting stuffed - I think if we went 442 from the off we would have. Sturridge looked threatening and scored the type of goal we've missed since Torres left - he also should have equalised. Suarez had an off day but he was nullified by our tactics in the first half.

Still no win against anyone in the top half of the table. Man City and Arsenal are next up away from home.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:20 am

I think if Lucas wasn't injured, Allen would have been the better choice to take off as he was really, really poor. I can't blame Rodgers for starting him ahead of Henderson (who I've been impressed with recently) as I felt it made sense, but he's got to drop Allen now.

I think Rodgers started the game all wrong, we kept the ball in our own half too often without any real penetration, the front three were all really disappointing but I was glad to see Rodgers making a positive change at the break and giving United a go and I think in the end we probably deserved a point.

Sturridge was good, but it was similar to the Mansfield performance, a good first finish but then too often he looked that killer touch or finish with every other chance he had. He obviously has all the physical ability to do well and he linked up well with Suarez but 1. he needs to be less selfish and pass or hold the ball up when the chance isn't really there and 2. get some consistency with his finishing, he can finish, but too often he gets it wrong.

I'd start quite an attacking side against Norwich.

Reina

Wisdom
Skrtel
Agger
Johnson

Gerrard
Henderson
Lucas

Sturridge
Suarez
Sterling

I don't imagine the front three as wingers, but more of a group of rotating forwards, Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling are all players who like to come from wide into the middle.

The main positive for me was seeing the attacking strength on the bench for the first time since the start of the season, two strikers in Sturridge and Borini (who played well), Henderson and Shelvey. It's good stuff.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:25 am

Deserved a point is a bit biased. Generally you don't deserve a point when you only start playing at 2-0 with 35 mins to go
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next