The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 16 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Oct - 11:01

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 16 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 30 Apr - 20:09

John wrote:Don't see many goals in that Liverpool side without Suarez......

Whistle

Haha sorry John couldn't resist

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 16 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Guest Wed 1 May - 13:27

Kenny wrote:I think the problem with Sterling is the tear in his thigh , i read the medically staff have advised rest or it could get bigger and shorten his career .

So makes sense resting him and getting him fit for next season , plus if we dont play him through injury he shouldn't be picked for England or the U21s
Whilst Sterling has a geniune injury there's also the fact that he's dealing with a court case for assault. I doubt he can handle the massive media attention it would generate if he was playing week in week out. I hope Liverpool are protecting him both on and off the pitch as he's a fantastic talent but the presss will rip him to shreds the first chance they get....also they'd love another "bite" at Liverpool on the back of Suarez's actions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 1 May - 19:04

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Whistle

Yeah, was waiting for someone to pick up on that. I, and many other people were expecting a bore draw.....how wrong I was. We were just shambolic. Still think Liverpool need a natural finisher next season, regardless of one result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 1 May - 20:41

Agree
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 2 May - 9:08

The new home kit looks nice. Not much difference from last years though.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 2 May - 13:33

John wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Whistle

Yeah, was waiting for someone to pick up on that. I, and many other people were expecting a bore draw.....how wrong I was. We were just shambolic. Still think Liverpool need a natural finisher next season, regardless of one result.

Haha thumbsup

Yer I agree, I would love if could tempt Mario Gomez mo2

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 13:46

I'd be happy if they could just curb Sturridge's natural inclination to be flashy in front of goal. I thought he had numerous opportunities to lay the ball off for someone else to score but desperately wanted his hat-trick. Thing is, He'd done it once for Henderson and the way things were going, he was always going to get another opportunity and surely Henderson or Coutinho would have set him up.

I'm loathe to call it greedy or selfish as all strikers want to score but I'm hoping Rodgers can instill a different mindset into him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 2 May - 14:04

He is obviously a very greedy player, and while sometimes that can be good, I don't think he's a good enough finisher to justify it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 14:09

He seems to make chances harder then they need to be by taking to many touches
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 14:20

His second against Newcastle being a prime example. Left foot, tap it in, lad

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 2 May - 15:12

Yeah, I thought he was going to mess that up to be honest.

Who do people think the Player of the Year for Liverpool will be? I think Suarez was a 100% certainty before the bite incident, no I still think he's favourite, but I imagine there will be a bit of public pressure for him not to get it. If not Suarez, I think it has to be Gerrard who has had his best season assist wise, played in every game (so far) only one not for the whole 90 minutes in the league and has been in superb form in a position he only really started to play in this summer with England.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 15:19

if not Suarez then yes has to be Gerrard he is the only player that has been consistant form wise
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 2 May - 15:24

I think Henderson has been pretty consistent to be fair, he just hasn't been spectacular enough to really be considered. He has rapidly developed into one of my favourite players, even if I try and come up with your strongest 11 he's not in it, I think he's actually a really good player with so many qualities. After last year, I did fear it'd crush his confidence and he'd end up like somebody like Steve Sidwell but he's come back from it and I honestly think he's better than the likes of Cleverely and Ramsey.

I think while right now, he hasn't justified his fee, if he keeps up the good play and continues to improve, I think he just might do. He could be at the club for another ten years and I think he has enough technical ability to develop into new positions i.e. a deep-lying midfielder.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 15:30

Over the last 10 or so games Henderson has played really well when he's had the chance , he looks good in that attacking midfielder position and to me always looks likely to get on the end of a few chances
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 15:33

Hernderson would have to be the most improved player in the squad. Cleverley appears to have tailed of a bit and his performances for England seem to suggest that he's being carried by his Man Utd team mates and, for his country, he is quite frankly, balls!

Ramsey, genuinely can't see what the fuss is about.

As for LFC's POTY, if not Suarez, it has to be Gerrard. Longevity and consistency. Coutinho has made a massive impact but obviously hasn't played a full season. I'm already regretting typing this but if he's allowed to develop, there's a real possibilty that he could b the difference maker next season between nowt and a genuine push for top four

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 16:52

What do people think about this possible free transfer of Alex Pearce from Reading ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 2 May - 17:26

Presumably that would mean the plan is to put Skrtel/new centre back with Agger and he'd be cover for Carragher? I'm mixed, as I don't really want to see us waste money on two centre backs, but he can't even get into the Reading side.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 17:28

Although im still not sure about it , i do think we will try and sign Ashley Williams aswell as Pearce .

Were that leaves Skrtel i dont know , but Williams has come out and said he is a Liverpool fan so think he is edging closer .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 2 May - 17:31

I think Skrtel is a much better defender than Ashley Williams, and Rodgers should learn from Joe Allen and Fabio Borini that players that were successful at Swansea under him won't necessarily transfer that form at Liverpool. Skrtel just needs confidence from the manager in him and he'll be a top centre back, you don't go from one of the best centre backs in the league to nothing like that. He should take note from the likes of Enrique, Henderson and Downing that if he puts just a little confidence in them, he'll repay it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 17:34

I think the only thing Williams offers is that he marshals a defence well , something i think Agger and Skrtel struggle at ...they play better with Carra who shouts at them
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 17:36

I believe Skrtel is having a dip in form...worse than Enrique's but not as bad as say....TORRES (who will undoubted score 12 tonight to make me look like a mug)

When he and Agger are on form there aren't many better defensive partnerships. Never thought Skrtel would ever be considered a confidence player but he clearly needs a gee up in one fashion or another.

Don't rate Williams, it's only the other week someone went past him and he gave up the ghost without even really making any effort to get back (really wish I could be more specific but I didn't really care that much)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 17:38

Lets be honest. Carragher has probably started a lot of games due to this being his last season. Sentiment has been a factor I'd imagine. Skrtel and Agger will do just fine next season should they both remain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 17:41

Disagree, Skrtel hasn't played well and carragher has played better than he has for a while (similar to Ferdinand at Utd)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 17:44

Agree Carra has deserved his place on merit
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 2 May - 17:52

I think it's a bit of both, I don't think it's a coincidence that the moment Carragher announced that he was going to retire, he's been automatic starter. Partly sentiment, partly hope that he wouldn't retire to provide cover next year. However, Carragher has kept himself in the side through merit.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 May - 18:06

Fingers crossed that Carra scores on Sunday (for the right team though) and it's my fervent wish that he's given the captain's armband for the last match of the season

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 2 May - 23:54

Gerrard has said he wants to make sure Carra finishes on the winning side on sunday , seems the whole team wants to make sure he wins his last derby
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 6 May - 0:44

We seemed very tentative today , like we were afraid to really go for it at times
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 6 May - 0:46

You're already on your holidays it seems
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 6 May - 0:55

I personally hope we dont get in the Europa league , and now it looks like we wont
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 May - 21:21

Yeah, fell a little flat to be honest, I thought Sturridge was poor, he's just not an instinctive player. I want him to succeed, but he's a little too greedy without the footballing ability to back it up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 7 May - 9:44

I thought we were poor to be honest, we only played any decent stuff for a few minutes at a time. The onus was on us to win and apart from Gerrard, it looked like most of the team just wern't up for it.

Fair play to Everton, they got a draw which is what they would've been wanting.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 May - 10:03

I also think some of the changes from Rodgers were a bit, but can understand considering we had such a weak bench.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 7 May - 10:10

It's games like this where we'll miss Suarez. I felt very let down by him on Sunday.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 May - 12:08

We're at the stage where to finish above Everton we have to push ourselves AND rely on other teams to do us a favour therefore it appears we've decided no to bother. Beating Fulham and QPR won't put us above Everton unless West Ham and Chelsea both win.

Seems the team have thought "Oh well, who cares?" and are looking forward to their Summer holidays.

The big concern is that with an attitude like that, are we going to start next season with the same attitude.

I said earlier that I thought Sturridge was too flashy for his own good (and more importantly, the good of the team) and I genuinely believe that his Summer needs to be spent focusing on doing the simple things, playing the percentages and making it come naturally to him. My fear is that he will look at Suarez at the start of this season and say "Well, he was a Lone Ranger, why should I do the same?"

Simply answer, you're good but not as good as Suarez.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 7 May - 12:20

You're basing that one game???

Didn't seem to think that when it was 0-6 last week,,

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 May - 12:27

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're basing that one game???

Didn't seem to think that when it was 0-6 last week,,

Really.....here's my post from not so long ago

Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux
by DAVE667 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 pm

I'd be happy if they could just curb Sturridge's natural inclination to be flashy in front of goal. I thought he had numerous opportunities to lay the ball off for someone else to score but desperately wanted his hat-trick. Thing is, He'd done it once for Henderson and the way things were going, he was always going to get another opportunity

I'm loathe to call it greedy or selfish as all strikers want to score but I'm hoping Rodgers can instill a different mindset into him

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 7 May - 12:44

I've heard that Gerrards' shoulder surgery could be pushed forward, so he would miss the last 2 games.

If that's true then we have given up on getting 6th.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 May - 12:51

You have to admire the owners' bravery (or be astounded at their naivety) in readily dismissing a European campaign however secondary the Europa League may be.

I appreciate the sentiment from Rodgers who says the squad in it's current state can't compete on too many fronts and that a focus on domestic competition may be the best thing for next season however, the Europa League still brings in a fair bit of money and I'm sure FSG aren't so rich they can afford to blow off a couple of million quid (or are they?).

However, if they do know the score and have told Rodgers they are satisfied (for this season at least) with no European football if it improves the League form, then they have to be applauded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 7 May - 17:21

No Europa league leaves time for a money spinning far east tour and a second series of Being Liverpool Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 9 May - 17:45

Looks like we will have a patched up team out on sunday v Fulham with Gerrard , Agger and possibly Johnson not available
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 9 May - 17:52

I'd try out Henderson in Gerrard's role and put in Shelvey or Suso, but I think he'll be replaced with Borini to be honest. Skrtel in for Agger, if Johnson isn't available, whichever right back is fit put in there, be that Flanagan, Kelly or Wisdom.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 9 May - 17:54

If Johnson isn't fit then i can see Carra playing there and Coates coming in , or maybe even a back 3 of Carra Skrtel and Coates ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May - 9:32

May as well gives Coates a run out to impress any potential buyers as I believe his time at Anfield in coming to a close. Never really impressed me apart from scoring that absolute screamer against QPR (before we fell to pieces in the last ten minutes).

No harm in giving Borini a run out if we have no desire to sign another striker in the summer.

Just reading that Lawro's picked Fulham to beat us on Sunday (2-1) He's a strange little man!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 May - 13:35

I think Coates will be a top defender, he's just a confidence player and unfortunately we can't give him the games to build up his confidence.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 May - 13:38

Not really a good sign for him if he can't win gametime this season.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 10 May - 13:39

I think Coates would be better suited to a slower paced league. He looks good on the ball, but has no pace, and lacks the reading of the game to make up for it.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 May - 16:54

May aswell give Coates a game imo
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 May - 14:48

Very strange team.

Reina

Wisdom
Coates
Carragher
Johnson

Lucas
Shelvey
Henderson

Downing
Sturridge
Coutinho

Surprised that Borini doesn't start, Skrtel isn't even on the bench, does that mean he's gone in the summer or is he injured? Not sure why Enrique has been dropped to the bench, especially if Johnson has been having a few fitness problems.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 May - 15:06

3 man defence with Johnson and Downing as wing backs....

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next