The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 17 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 17 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Hulking_up Sun 12 May 2013, 11:41 pm

Worked out alright.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 17 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Sun 12 May 2013, 11:46 pm

Skrtel was ill.

Good win that, played with a lot of confidence and flair. Inconsistencies showcased again though, against Everton everybody seemed to be on their holidays, face Fulham and suddenly everybody cares again.

Coutinho is a special player.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 18 May 2013, 10:20 am

Coutinho certainly has an eye for a pass doesn't he Smile

Last game tomorrow against QPR , hoping we really put on a performance

Obviously this season hasn't gone aswell as we all would of hoped for but is there just a little light at the end of the tunnel ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 20 May 2013, 9:30 am

Yes, I'd say Rodgers has handled the step up pretty well. The start was a big struggle but we have got much better as the season went on.

Would have liked to mount a serious challenge for the top 4, but I'm satisfied with this season.

We need to work on our defense, then hopefully, we can back in the top 4 next year.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 20 May 2013, 9:47 am

Liverpool for the top four next season.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 10:09 am

Liverpool won't break into the top 4 next year.

Chelsea, Citeh and Utd pretty much banker to be in. Arsenal always find a way, and if Spurs can keep Bale you'd bet on them finishing above Liverpool too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 20 May 2013, 10:12 am

Olly wrote:Liverpool won't break into the top 4 next year.

Chelsea, Citeh and Utd pretty much banker to be in. Arsenal always find a way, and if Spurs can keep Bale you'd bet on them finishing above Liverpool too

Oh, cheers.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 20 May 2013, 11:39 am

Next season will be a very interested one imo with all the manager changes going on , Spurs will struggle to keep Bale i think .

And of course every club will buy new players so bring it on .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 20 May 2013, 12:33 pm

Arsenal will get found out soon enough if they don't invest heavily. With Moyes at Man Utd, who knows how they'll get on next season.

I think we can mount an actual challenge for 4th next year.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 20 May 2013, 1:09 pm

I think they have a good chance.

What are the odds on Liverpool finishing above Utd?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 20 May 2013, 1:12 pm

My big problem with Liverpool finishing in the top 4, is all 4 teams have better squads and managers. Could include Spurs if Bales stays in that also.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 20 May 2013, 1:42 pm

Fix the defence and bring in some more creative players and we stand a good chance, the rumours of us being in talks with Ajax about Christian Erikson are very exciting.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 1:46 pm

Stella wrote:I think they have a good chance.

Pretty high I should imagine considering it won't happen
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 20 May 2013, 1:49 pm

Olly wrote:

Probably not but this is as good as chance as any since 2009. Moyes for all his efforts at Everton, is now in the biggest job in England, and without a trophy to his name. Liverpool played some really good Football last season, without getting the results. They should improve whilst Utd might have a dodgy (league) season.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 1:52 pm

Stella wrote:
Olly wrote:

Probably not but this is as good as chance as any since 2009. Moyes for all his efforts at Everton, is now in the biggest job in England, and without a trophy to his name. Liverpool played some really good Football last season, without getting the results. They should improve whilst Utd might have a dodgy (league) season.

Moyes has led his former club to higher league positions than Liverpool for the past two seasons.

Now he moves to a much better quality squad, more money.

I can't see it.

Moyes's failings will come in Europe, but he's good domestically
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 20 May 2013, 1:58 pm

Yep, true, but Liverpool, imo, will come on big time, once they know how to win games.

I still expect Utd to come second/third but wouldn't be shocked to see them finish outside that.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 2:01 pm

I could see Liverpool pushing on, but I don't think Rodgers is very good, so I can't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 20 May 2013, 2:02 pm

Olly wrote:I could see Liverpool pushing on, but I don't think Rodgers is very good, so I can't

Pretty much this. The squad is fairly mediocre outside of Suarez and the manager even more so.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 20 May 2013, 3:02 pm

GSC wrote:
Olly wrote:I could see Liverpool pushing on, but I don't think Rodgers is very good, so I can't

Pretty much this. The squad is fairly mediocre outside of Suarez and the manager even more so.

Is it?

I'd say our squad is on par with Arsenal's, and our 1st 11 might just be better than theirs. It was the first few months that let us down in challenging for 4th. Since the start of the year and adding the January signings, we've improved quite a bit.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 20 May 2013, 3:31 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:
GSC wrote:

Is it?

I'd say our squad is on par with Arsenal's, and our 1st 11 might just be better than theirs. It was the first few months that let us down in challenging for 4th. Since the start of the year and adding the January signings, we've improved quite a bit.

I'm not buying that, but I do admire Liverpool fans forever optimistic views of the next season.
I just checked the Premier League table on Jan 1st 2013 and Liverpool were 6 points behind Arsenal. They finished 12 points behind. Liverpool may have improved but so did Arsenal I guess.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 May 2013, 4:00 pm

I really like rodgers.

STICK!!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 20 May 2013, 5:08 pm

Depends whos brought in. Im still completely on the fence in terms of BR's transfer prowess, because for the coutinhos and sturridges theres also been the allens and borinis! But if Rodgers can bring in a few quality players and more importantly if he can develop a plan b for when plan a isnt working, then we could do well.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 21 May 2013, 12:00 am

Kolo Toure to join Liverpool on a free Erm

That would be a very odd move Erm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 21 May 2013, 7:08 am

Its being reported in The Telegraph that Liverpool are close to signing Kolo Toure on a free transfer! At 32 is he a good replacement for Carra?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 21 May 2013, 8:42 am

I think he'd be alright cover, it would suggest that if we do sign Toure that either Rodgers will give Skrtel the nod, or he's planning to bring in two centre backs and perhaps sell Skrtel.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 21 May 2013, 9:19 am

I'd rather have Toure than Coates. He has a lot of experience, and at 32, could still have a good few years left in him. Just look at Distin at Everton.

The only problem could be his wages.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 11:02 am

On a free transfer Toure wouldn't be a bad signing as cover
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 11:41 am

Kenny wrote:On a free transfer Toure wouldn't be a bad signing as cover
Problem will be when he "accidentally" let's his brother score five times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 11:43 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Kenny wrote:On a free transfer Toure wouldn't be a bad signing as cover
Problem will be when he "accidentally" let's his brother score five times.

What you mean we are not getting him aswell Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 May 2013, 11:44 am

MIG wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
GSC wrote:

Is it?

I'm not buying that, but I do admire Liverpool fans forever optimistic views of the next season.
I just checked the Premier League table on Jan 1st 2013 and Liverpool were 6 points behind Arsenal. They finished 12 points behind. Liverpool may have improved but so did Arsenal I guess.

Arsenal make a 30m euro bid for Jovetic, Liverpool attempt to sign Kolo Toure on a free. Fair
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 11:52 am

Not much of a comparison , but a little unfair

Toure is just the first player to be linked with a move
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 11:53 am

We need to be far more clinical in front of goal then even if we ship a few soft goals we have the ability to pull it back at the other end. How many teams did we play where we dominated possession and shots etc but failed to convert these chances thus ending up getting a draw? Dropped four points against Citeh and should have beaten quite a few others too or at least managed a draw.

Coutinho has made a world of difference to the team and I think there's every possibilty that we can make significant advances next season (which will, say it with me, be our season)

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 21 May 2013, 12:12 pm

GSC wrote:
MIG wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
GSC wrote:

Is it?

Arsenal make a 30m euro bid for Jovetic, Liverpool attempt to sign Kolo Toure on a free. Fair

I'll believe that when I see it.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 May 2013, 12:12 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-plan-12m-kyriakos-3902111

This is more like it. I would be made up if we get him!

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Tue 21 May 2013, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 May 2013, 1:36 pm

Not really sure why Liverpool would bring in Kolo Toure. Surely Ageer/Skrtel have enough experience between them by now?!!?

That link SOF has put would be the type of CB I'd be wanting if I was a Pool fan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 21 May 2013, 3:13 pm

Yeah, but there is no suggestion that Toure is going to be the first choice centre back. He's going to be cover, he's going to bring in Premier League winning experience. I'd be quite happy with his signing, as long as he isn't on ridiculous wages.

I'd rather we did sign the Greek lad over Ashley Williams! I still think Skrtel is good enough, and rather we'd stick to the Skrtel/Agger partnership next year which is a proven, working partnership. A few bad games doesn't mean Skrtel is a bad player. I was hoping we'd also see Kelly tried out in centre back next year where I imagine he'll naturally end up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 21 May 2013, 3:31 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah, but there is no suggestion that Toure is going to be the first choice centre back. He's going to be cover, he's going to bring in Premier League winning experience. I'd be quite happy with his signing, as long as he isn't on ridiculous wages.

I'd rather we did sign the Greek lad over Ashley Williams! I still think Skrtel is good enough, and rather we'd stick to the Skrtel/Agger partnership next year which is a proven, working partnership. A few bad games doesn't mean Skrtel is a bad player. I was hoping we'd also see Kelly tried out in centre back next year where I imagine he'll naturally end up.

I agree with all of that.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 3:57 pm

It's about building a stronger Squad of players , Toure will know he wont ( unless he really does play out of his skin ) be first choice but he would offer great experience as cover .

the rumour mill will go into overdrive like usual and we like everyone else will be linked with at least a dozen signings .

it will be another record breaking transfer window for sure
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 21 May 2013, 8:09 pm

I think to be a top four side, you need four quality centre backs, and in my opinion Toure's better than Skrtel. He can also cover at right back as well. Decent signing

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 May 2013, 9:25 pm

I'm sorry but Kolo Toure is nowhere near better than what you already have in my eyes.

Liverpool need better if they're seriously going to challenge for Top 4 next season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 21 May 2013, 10:18 pm

Toure is definitely not better than Skrtel. I'd say he's better than Coates.

Agger/Skrtel should be a perfectly good centre back partnership, with Toure and Kelly in back up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 21 May 2013, 10:24 pm

Toure fully fit is a tank of a defender the problem is he's rarely fully fit and tries to play offside when he's 2 yards behind the defense

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 10:39 pm

West Ham have agreed a deal for Andy Carroll , the fee will be the 17 million that was agreed when he went on loan despite what the so called journalists say .

Carroll has not agreed to the move as of yet , it is just between the two clubs . Carroll aparrantly wants European football
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 May 2013, 10:40 pm

I don't think Carroll did enough to earn a move to a bigger club tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 10:42 pm

Monaco are supposed to be interested so i have read anyway
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 May 2013, 10:44 pm

Monaco are interested in everyone.

Its called agents and journos knowing a club is wealthy and looking to buy.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 10:46 pm

GSC wrote:Monaco are interested in everyone.

Its called agents and journos knowing a club is wealthy and looking to buy.

Got to love the transfer system Smile
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 May 2013, 2:26 pm

todays rumours

talkSPORT's top German football expert Raf Honigstein claims Schalke star Kyriakos Papadopoulos is in line for a move to Liverpool.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show: "Liverpool are pretty close to landing Kyriakos Papadopoulos.

"Schalke would have been happy to sell him to Zenit in the January transfer window, where they had a very good offer of around £20m or so.

"Liverpool's offer will be a little bit lower, which is a reflection on the fact that he's been out injured for a while.

"There's no fear he will be affected long-term, it's just that Schalke have three very good centre-backs, having picked up Felipe Santana from Dortmund for €1m. That makes it easier for Papadopoulos to go."

----

Aston Villa have confirmed they will be selling record signing Darren Bent despite the 29-year-old still having two years on his current deal.

It seems the striker won't be short of offers with a flood of teams reported to be interested in his signature at around 4 million .

Liverpool top the list with the suggestion that Brendan Rodgers could see him as the perfect answer to his goal-scoring problems.

-----

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 May 2013, 5:01 pm

Thought this might be of interest to Liverpool fans:

A video I owned when I was younger which I used to watch every couple of weeks with highlights of the entire 2000-2001 season, and I've just found it online!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnhj7v_liverpool-treble-part-1-2000-2001_lifestyle#.UZ-MGdLVCGU

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 5:06 pm

I'll be watching that bad boy later for sure Crimey. My favourite season that. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next