The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath).

+11
RogerLewis
Glas a du
HERSH
ChequeredJersey
Bathman_in_London
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Looseheaded
maestegmafia
mckay1402
Liam
Morgannwg
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath). Empty London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath).

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

Here's how they line up: http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/match/166507.html

Henson Vs Donald Wink

Hope Bath don't kill James off, we need him for our AI's.

Ale

LW 16 - 9 vomit

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath). Empty Re: London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath).

Post by Liam Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:47 pm

Be interesting to see how Henson get's on back at inside centre. Never know, if he can get some game time from now until january and does alright i'd have him back in the welsh squad. Early days though...

Liam

Back to top Go down

London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath). Empty Re: London Welsh vs Bath RFC thread (Jones & Henson plug Bath).

Post by mckay1402 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:48 pm

He's started at 10 though. Not sure why but he seems to be doing ok there so far this season. Does anyone have a radio link for it as nobody seems to want to show LW matches.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:48 pm

Wonder if the Mighty Bath will lose this one.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:02 pm

I'm at the Kassam. Half time, not a good game.

Henson 2 - 1 Donald

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

Penalty at scrum bath kick it

6-6

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:20 pm

Welsh and in particular Henson playing well this half.

Pitch us wet, been too many knock ons.

Paul james winni g bath a lot in the scrum.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:38 pm

Bath winning penalties every scrum.

9-6 to bath now.

Ross on, missed one. Should be 9 all

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

Two penalties in a row and one at goal

Ross converts 9-9

Last minute

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:46 pm

AHAHAHAAHAHA HOW LUCKY IS THAT!?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

Looks like the not so mighty Bath have stuttered and then faltered, again. No wonder HERSH takes it out on everyone else.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:49 pm

Ha ha ha intercept

Welsh win Ross converts

Ft 16 - 9 to LW

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

WELL DONE LONDON WELSH! clap
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:52 pm

Well done LW

With the dominance James had at scrum I'm amazed Bayh couldn't turn that on anywhere else. Huge advantage in the pack.

Bath should have bought Henson not Donald. Half the price and twice the player.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:54 pm

great win. Wish they would put LW on telly occasionally.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

Can we please start James at LH against Argentina. Heard nothing but good reviews about PJ. That's better than all the LH's in Wales bar Duncan who isn't selected.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:58 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Well done LW

With the dominance James had at scrum I'm amazed Bayh couldn't turn that on anywhere else. Huge advantage in the pack.

I suspect Donald was pretty cheap actually Maes. He signed pre-RWC, and at that point hadn't started an international match in 18 months (which caused some issues on his work permit application IIRC).

Donald is a journeyman, pure and simple

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

HERSH, I distinctly remember you making some phenomenal and unjust claims surrounding how LW would fare up here, and something about looking forward to their Bath match.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm

Looseheaded wrote:HERSH, I distinctly remember you making some phenomenal and unjust claims surrounding how LW would fare up here, and something about looking forward to their Bath match.

Yeah HERSH.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

Well done welsh, an ex bath boy scored the winning try to rub salt into the wound! Didn't sound like bath turned up at all today but well played welsh, it should be a close delegation battle this season, great for the league.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:08 pm

Why is this thread just a HERSH hating thread? Is that acceptable?

Well done London Welsh on the win, may well stay up if they keep winning these types of matches. Still obviously lots of issues at Bath...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:09 pm

CJ, your post - vomit

Now move on. We're trying to discuss the game and we don't need your pointless drivel.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:12 pm

Morgannwg wrote:CJ, your post - vomit

Now move on. We're trying to discuss the game and we don't need your pointless drivel.

I really hope you were trying for irony there Morg.

Seeing as otherwise that's 2 "pointless drivel" posts from you in a row Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

HERSH's Bath lost, is that a big deal to you Pete??
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

My entire post was that you were in fact not trying to discuss the match. But, I shall as you so elloquently and politely suggested, "move on". Well done on the win, good to see Henson getting some solid form and playing time in, good to see Jones getting some good results out of his team. Just think it's distasteful and, though I haven't checked I admit, probably in breach of House Rules to bitch about another poster on a thread on which he hasn't posted
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

Oh it's all only harmless rib poking.
Also, it's a result of this sort of nonsense from HERSH

"by HERSH on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am
So you think Welsh will stay up?

I don't even think they'll win a game."

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Well done LW

I suspect Donald was pretty cheap actually Maes. He signed pre-RWC, and at that point hadn't started an international match in 18 months (which caused some issues on his work permit application IIRC).

Donald is a journeyman, pure and simple

Oh I see, I thought he was signed post World Cup glory. Not an inspiration today but it was a difficult pitch. Henson had a smarter and longer boot.

Bad day for Bath, another tough but worthy day for london welsh. Staying four point above the relagation fight is a great start to the season for London Welsh.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:18 pm

Looseheaded wrote:Oh it's all only harmless rib poking.

Whilst it is obviously nice to prove him wrong, I don't think that particular post was unreasonable or even necessarily a WUM. HERSH certainly wasn't the only person to think that, unless he is actually Jeremy Guscott's. Which wouldn't be outside the realms of belief. Not a fan of gloating
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:19 pm

Whilst it is obviously nice to prove him wrong, I don't think that particular post was unreasonable or even necessarily a WUM. HERSH certainly wasn't the only person to think that, unless he is actually Jeremy Guscott's. Which wouldn't be outside the realms of belief. Not a fan of gloating
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:20 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:

Oh no i agree, the post doesn't do the context justice, but there was certain amounts of Wumming to it.
But fine, I suppose you're right.
Sorry HERSH.
I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:20 pm

Morgannwg wrote:HERSH's Bath lost, is that a big deal to you Pete??

I just don't like seeing schadenfreude from anyone Morg. It's normally a waste of time. And criticising CJ when he actually commented on the game in the second part of his post made you look a tad silly.

As far as Bath losing goes, it keeps the Chiefs just ahead of them on the table, which I like, however on the flip side I picked bath in the Superbru. So swings and roundabouts.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Pete, I suggest you add this result to your journal. You can stick to your own write-up that way Wink.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

Looseheaded wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:

Oh no i agree, the post doesn't do the context justice, but there was certain amounts of Wumming to it.
But fine, I suppose you're right.
Sorry HERSH.
I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

No don't apologise. You're right, HERSH has directed uneccesary hatred at LW all season (prob because they have 'Welsh' in their name). Now he needs to apologise to LW for being disrespectful.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:40 pm

Firstly well played London Welsh. Bath were poor but I see no reason why that should be used as an excuse, thats why we all love the the Jeff, what a wonderful league. Very Happy

Secondly Morgannwg, Can you provide more evidence of this season long hatred I have for London Welsh.

As I'm a little confused as to why you would make a false comment like that?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:46 pm

HERSH why you complaining about my posts again like a baby, if they were that bad the moderator who is already monitoring this thread would have sorted it. Whinger Laugh.

I agree with you on 'well played London Welsh' bit. Maybe beating your team will have earnt some respect Smile. Sadly I missed this game. I was watching the Pro12 champs beat Leinster, what a good game of rugby that was from the dominant league.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:48 pm

OH WILL YOU TWO STOP FLIRTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

Nick Scott scored a last minute try to give London Welsh a 16-9 win over Bath Rugby in an uninspiring match at the Kassam Stadium on Sunday.

Scott picked off Stephen Donald's telegraphed pass and had sufficient pace to hold off the cover for the match-winning try, which Gordon Ross converted. It was the only try in a desperately poor game and a draw would have been a fair result as neither side played well enough to deserve a win.

Bath had the better scoring opportunities but though they went close on a number of occasions, they failed to take them. They had the more inventive backs but their scrum was continually under pressure. Welsh were dogged throughout but provide no attacking spark and until Scott's effort, never threatened the try line.

Bath had an early chance for points but Donald was off target with a 40-metre penalty attempt. Moments later, Welsh had their opportunity which they also failed to take as Gavin Henson was narrowly wide with his 45-metre kick - but with 10 minutes gone, the outside half was successful from 40 metres to put his side ahead.

Despite this reverse, Bath had the better of the first 15 minutes, desperate defence keeping the visitors out as Ben Williams and Michael Claassens made holes in the Welsh defence. Against the run of play, the hosts broke out to win a penalty for Henson to extend their lead with a simple 25-metre kick.

The second quarter was more evenly contested, with the Welsh pack matching their opponents, but following a sustained drive from the Bath forwards the hosts were penalised and Donald made no mistake from 30 metres out. The remainder of the half saw an abundance of penalty awards and a procession of aimless kicking, with Donald and Tom Arscott the worst culprits.

With the last movement of the half, Bath lock Dave Attwood did get over the line but he was held up by some stout home defence, allowing Welsh to retain their fortunate 6-3 lead at the interval.

Bath began strongly after the restart. Powerful runs from Williams and Matt Banahan gained them some momentum but the visitors lost a crucial scrum in front of the Welsh posts when they were easily pushed off their own ball. However they did gain some reward when after 51 minutes Donald kicked his second penalty to tie up the scores.

With 20 minutes to go both teams made changes, with Henson and Banahan being the major casualties as they were replaced by Ross and Horacio Agulla respectively. Exiles lock Kirill Koulemine was penalised for pulling down at the line-out and a well struck penalty from Donald put Bath into the lead for the first time.

With 10 minutes to go, Bath conceded a scrummage penalty. Ross' 45-metre kick was badly struck and fell short but with 90 seconds remaining on the, clock the outside half was successful from 30 metres to bring his side level. Scott's heroics at the death then sealed the win.

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/story/172125.html
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

But Morgan they are false claims, which as far as I believe is against 606v2 house rules?

Please show more evidence of my season long hatred towards London Welsh?

As I'm very interested in seeing what you make up next. Laugh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:55 pm

HERSH, your 'mighty Bath', the proclaimed winners of the 2013 Jeff have been halted by the team you hate. You also predicted them to not win a game. Just get over it Sad.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:03 pm

When did I say that I hate them?

Please show more evidence of my season long hatred towards London Welsh?

As I'm very interested in seeing what you make up next. Laugh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

Any Welsh posters fancy a trip to Bath for the re-match? 30/3/13 if you're interested.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

The thread you just altered. And the London Welsh match-day thread Versus Leicester Smile. Check and mate.

Now get over the loss as you're just showing very poor sportsmanship. This thread is to discuss the match.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:06 pm

I'm sure they'll be plenty of room. thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:09 pm

Hersh,

This is the funniest thing ever. Your pre season jibes have brought you doom!

Good Ospreys win as well yes?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:10 pm

Glas a du wrote:Any Welsh posters fancy a trip to Bath for the re-match? 30/3/13 if you're interested.

I'm a season Ticket holder at the REC. let me know who wants tickets ill investigate if a deal can be struck...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:12 pm

Morgannwg wrote:The thread you just altered. And the London Welsh match-day thread Versus Leicester Smile. Check and mate.

Now get over the loss as you're just showing very poor sportsmanship. This thread is to discuss the match.

Stay on topic then!

Thank God we have relegation and promotion in the Jeff otherwise teams like Welsh and Exeter would never get there chance to shine and more importantly nor would their fans, despite the result I enjoyed the banter with the LW fans. Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:13 pm

Glas a du wrote:Any Welsh posters fancy a trip to Bath for the re-match? 30/3/13 if you're interested.

Considering I recently moved to Bristol, that could be more than tempting.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:14 pm

In fairness, I think Welsh are proving me, HERSH and allot of other people wrong. Lyn Jones is a fantastic coach imo, would love him at the Blues.

Let's not get too carried away, plenty of games to go but fingers crossed Welsh can stay clear of the relegation zone and keep grinding out wins and LBP.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

Can't argue with that Liam Lyn Jone would do a wonderful job at the Blues.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

HERSH wrote:Can't argue with that Liam Lyn Jone would do a wonderful job at the Blues.

TBF HERSH I could probably do a better job at the Blues than Phil 'The other team are jusht awshum' davies.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next