The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais.

+26
LeinsterFan4life
ChequeredJersey
Irishhoneymonster
offload
Tramptastic
GavinDragon
Gordy
thebluesmancometh
IanBru
HERSH
TJ1
justified sinner
LondonTiger
George Carlin
Mr Fishpaste
EngInAuck
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cotupina187
Biltong
RogerLewis
Morgannwg
bedfordwelsh
anotherworldofpain
Pot Hale
englandglory4ever
majesticimperialman
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais. Empty If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais.

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

NO WALES players would make the squad based on their performance today..

2 places that would be closely contested is 10==15.

At the moment the 10 shirt is between Flood and Sexton.

At the moment the 15 shirt is between Goode, Zebo,Brown(Mike) that is.

Discuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais. Empty Re: If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais.

Post by englandglory4ever Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:30 pm

Last week I said only 2 or 3 welsh players should be in the Lions squad. I was wrong its only 1 or 2.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais. Empty Re: If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais.

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:36 pm

Having not seen the game yet and only going on the post on here.

Wales would not have any.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:37 pm

After today's result so far, looks like it should only be England players on the plane.

Maybe Scotland might add to the mix tomorrow.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

Cian Healy has to be in the team, he's a turn over machine. He impressed me again today before his unfortunate concussion. I'd also be sure to put 1/2p in the touring squad and leave ROG at home writing out 1000 times "I must not chip the ball away in game winning positions."

I haven't seen the ENG game yet, but I'm not sure what you gain from a route over Fiji other than a feel good factor and a few denaries for the RFU coffers.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:49 pm

awop.

I said it last week Argentina was coming into this game/Ais on the back of the 4ns Having just played the top three team in the IRB world rankins.

Yes they may not of won thye 4sn. But atleast they are battled hardened which is more than Wales are where?..

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:awop.

I said it last week Argentina was coming into this game/Ais on the back of the 4ns Having just played the top three team in the IRB world rankins.

Yes they may not of won thye 4sn. But atleast they are battled hardened which is more than Wales are where?..

You're a masochist. Do you honestly think you're going to get an answer that will satisfy you?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:58 pm

[quote="Pot Hale"]After today's result so far, looks like it should only be England players on the plane.

Well we all know where that got us in 05 under SCW
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 10 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:awop.

Wales need to stop with the excuse making. Every time they lose it's because they're tired or rusty, or it's blamed on selection issues as though there were 15 guys hidden somewhere who would've won the game. This ostrich approach to loss is preventing the team from moving forward. They need to accept a better team won on the day and look at the reasons and try to improve. Being in denial doesn't help alcoholics, and it doesn't help a losing team to win.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:05 pm

Hindsight is always 20/20.

And in hindsight, perhaps Howley SHOULD have picked players who are on form, rather than those who are not.

Excuses over.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:12 pm

Perhaps Howley should do the decent thing to and foxtrot oscar
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

Zzzzzzz, idiot.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:22 pm

Lee Byrne and Stephen Jones are currently the best 10 and 15 in Wales.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm

Morgan, you know name calling isn't permitted, please refrain from doing that, disgree if you want to, but keep it civil please.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Zzzzzzz, idiot.

Morg,

Is that aimed at me?

I have never hidden the fact that I don't think Howley is up to it at this level of coaching. His selection policy is shocking and he seems reluctant or not have the minerals to make the big calls or drag players off when they are clearly not performing.

He came out after the game and slated the players well why didn't he have guts to admit he got thingsd wrong as well.

I honestly fear we will lose all four AI because if we play like that again the we will and we will be no better than 5th come the 6 Nations if Howley continues in his position.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm

Biltong wrote:Morgan, you know name calling isn't permitted, please refrain from doing that, disgree if you want to, but keep it civil please.

Who did I call a name???

Answers on a postcard please. Expect them in no less than 7 days coming from SA Very Happy.

However, in the mean time, and seeing as your a mod, do something about the constant regurgiation. Got tedious on the old 606 vomit.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotupina187 Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

Mike McCarthy would be in based on todays perormance... my biggest shout of the game came when he flattened Etzebeth.

Cotupina187

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

It takes one to know one Morgannwg.

So what happend today Morgannwg?

What was the reason that your team did not win today?

Why as it took you so long to come on today and comment on the game?

Are you ashamed of Wales Morgannwg?

Or is it because i have made a comment about Wales that you cold not help your self, you had to say something?

Looking forward to hear what you have to say Morgannwg.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:

It takes one to know one Morgannwg.

So what happend today Morgannwg?

What was the reason that your team did not win today?

Why as it took you so long to come on today and comment on the game?

Are you ashamed of Wales Morgannwg?

Or is it because i have made a comment about Wales that you cold not help your self, you had to say something?

Looking forward to hear what you have to say Morgannwg.

Maj, that post has been dealt with. Leave it.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:08 pm

maj, I've pretty much covered those questions on the Wales/Argentina threads.

Pete, in the mean time, do something about these poor WUMs. Leave it to HERSH, at least he gets the basics correct. Jeez.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

Cotupina187 wrote:Mike McCarthy would be in based on todays perormance... my biggest shout of the game came when he flattened Etzebeth.

Yep. Like any good Taranaki boy. Hug

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:16 pm

Morgannwg , What was that comment a day or two ago about a team Failing to score tries ?

laughing
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

EngInAuck wrote:Morgannwg , What was that comment a day or two ago about a team Failing to score tries ?

laughing

Jeez I know, it was god awful today being a Wales fan. Something I've acknowledged while I congratuated Arg.

Enjoy your moment beating a poor Fiji side. It may/may not be good prep for the big guns you face next.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
EngInAuck wrote:Morgannwg , What was that comment a day or two ago about a team Failing to score tries ?

laughing

Jeez I know, it was god awful today being a Wales fan. Something I've acknowledged while I congratuated Arg.

Enjoy your moment beating a poor Fiji side. It may/may not be good prep for the big guns you face next.

Sorry Mate i couldn't resist thumbsup

i have no doubt Wales will Improve over the Next few weeks.

And if you cant celebrate putting 50+ points on any team , when can you ?
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:34 pm

Enjoy your moment. A is big score is always enjoyable. I can't really comment as I haven't watched the game. The scoreline suggests to me that a fairly young England side were well drilled and good at finishing.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:00 pm

Cotupina187 wrote:Mike McCarthy would be in based on todays perormance... my biggest shout of the game came when he flattened Etzebeth.

Indeed - he did play well.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

Morgannwg wrote:

Answers on a postcard please. Expect them in no less than 7 days coming from SA Very Happy.

Ooh, that's optimistic... Very Happy

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:45 am

majesticimperialman wrote:Why as it took you so long to come on today and comment on the game?

It HAS (take note) maybe taken him so long, as most adult men tend to not prioritise rushing straight onto a forum after a game. Obviously this might be a culture shock to you, but most people would rather have a beer with their mates (I guess there's the problem) on international day and not sit on the laptop like you.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:54 am

Can someone please do some geneology checks on Wesley [McFofana/O'Fofana]?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 3:48 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:NO WALES players would make the squad based on their performance today..

2 places that would be closely contested is 10==15.

At the moment the 10 shirt is between Flood and Sexton.

At the moment the 15 shirt is between Goode, Zebo,Brown(Mike) that is.

Discuss.

maj, I've noticed you've commented elsewhere this morning;

majesticimperialman wrote:I wrote on another thread that i watched the game this morning for the first time.

Wales gave me the idea that they was usuing this game has a training run, it was not a serious game. Wales was just going through their routine and saving them selves for the Autralia and New Zealands game.

Argetina on the other hand they came here today to play a game of rugby and to win a game of rugby. and win they did.

How do you implicate that no Wales players would make the Lions based on our performance when you hadn't watched the game?
Doh

Second point wrong. It's back-row and the back three that are still the mostly contested positions.

Third point regurgitated through reading other people's comments on this forum.

Last point wrong. Goode and Zebo are nowhere near laughing. It'll be Foden, Brown, Kearny and Halfpenny. Maybe even Hogg. Hence the back 3 being one of most hotly contested areas.

All of this proves that I'm right in saying you haven't a clue and don't watch rugby but simply regurgitate what other's say on this forum Laugh.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:06 pm

furious Morgannwg

How can you say the Kerney will be in contention when he has not played since he got injured?

The same can be said for Foden has he has not played any rubgy because he is injured.

You cannot keep picking players for the Lions who have not played any rugby because they are injured.

Secondly before Halfpenny could even beconsidered for the Lio0ns he has too learn to stand up first and not keep falling over every time he gets the ball.

And has Hogg is playing now and had not played (YESTERDAY) when i posterd my thread then you cannot include him can you.

Just because your beloved Wales got beat yesterday. you have to have a go just too relieve the burden of pressure that you must feel under having stated that Wales would be Argentina easy. Crying or Very sad

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:12 pm

Madge,

Picking a team based on one day's matches was never going to lead to constructive debate. Instead it just looked as if you were gloating at the poor performance of Wales.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:21 pm

LT yes i see what you mean.

To be honest i was a bit fed up with a lot of posters saying that Wakles would make up most of the Lions squad.

An with looking at that game that was played Yesterday, but did not get watched by myself untill today....based on that game not many would make it if any at all. Especialy ( SAM WARBURTON )Who keeps getting touted has Captain of the Lions.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:28 pm

majesticimperialman wrote: furious Morgannwg

How can you say the Kerney will be in contention when he has not played since he got injured?

The same can be said for Foden has he has not played any rubgy because he is injured.

You cannot keep picking players for the Lions who have not played any rugby because they are injured.

Secondly before Halfpenny could even beconsidered for the Lio0ns he has too learn to stand up first and not keep falling over every time he gets the ball.

And has Hogg is playing now and had not played (YESTERDAY) when i posterd my thread then you cannot include him can you.

Just because your beloved Wales got beat yesterday. you have to have a go just too relieve the burden of pressure that you must feel under having stated that Wales would be Argentina easy. Crying or Very sad

Headscratch Another bizarre summary and none of my questions answered, you just don't know when to quit do you.

Well I'm basing their candidatary on the fact that they are class. This comes from years of watching rugby mind you, live rugby seems to be something you're bereft of. And also bare in mind that the Lions tour isn't until the summer. Poor dig at Halfpenny as he was always going to be a tourist, depsite yesterdays game but he will need to keep playing well to ensure he is on the plane. Hogg was always there-abouts too and today he didn't harm his chances. We're talking about the Lions 15 jersey contenders so how is what I say incorrect?

Finally, your spelling and grammar are atrocious. No fan stated Wales would beat Argentina easily, sums you up doesn't it that you have to use complete and utter bulls//t to try and sound clever or sound like a good wum. Wumming isn't your area and neither is rugby. Nice to see you don't disagree that I'm spot on about you though Smile. And how could you disagree? Time for you to retire Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:28 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Madge,

Picking a team based on one day's matches was never going to lead to constructive debate. Instead it just looked as if you were gloating at the poor performance of Wales.

Finally some sense from over the Severn. Well done.

majesticimperialman wrote:LT yes i see what you mean.

To be honest i was a bit fed up with a lot of posters saying that Wakles would make up most of the Lions squad.

An with looking at that game that was played Yesterday, but did not get watched by myself untill today....based on that game not many would make it if any at all. Especialy ( SAM WARBURTON )Who keeps getting touted has Captain of the Lions.

Jeez don't cry about it...

Again how did you come to this conclusion before watching the game? I still don't reckon you've watched it. Is that the same Sam that we keep saying is off form and shouldn't start, hence shouldn't be Wales captain? I thought you would have regurgitated that by now.
Doh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:51 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Madge,

Finally some sense from over the Severn. Well done.

majesticimperialman wrote:LT yes i see what you mean.

Jeez don't cry about it...

Again how did you come to this conclusion before watching the game? I still don't reckon you've watched it. Is that the same Sam that we keep saying is off form and shouldn't start, hence shouldn't be Wales captain? I thought you would have regurgitated that by now.
Doh

I came to the conclusion before watching the game by the reaction of Welsh posters on these threads.

And yes i did watch the game this morning, and i still think or rather the inpression i got was that Wales did not take Argentina seriously enough to put up a good enough fight.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:54 pm

Well I'm sorry you can't write an article like this and admit you didn't watch the game. Poor, poor attempts at wumming as usual. Rugby isn't your sport.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:03 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Well I'm sorry you can't write an article like this and admit you didn't watch the game. Poor, poor attempts at wumming as usual. Rugby isn't your sport.

Sorry to tell you morgannwg. But rugby is the only sport i watch.

My spelling might not be the best, but what ever i write i am sure you know what i am talking about. right.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:25 pm

No I don't. I'm sorry to tell you, again, that rugby isn't your sport.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:36 pm

Morgannwg wrote:No I don't. I'm sorry to tell you, again, that rugby isn't your sport.

Never mind Morgannwg. We can agree to disagree.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

Morgannwg wrote:No I don't. I'm sorry to tell you, again, that rugby isn't your sport.

Wow Morgannwg's bashing everyone today even his fellow Welshman. Don't take the result too personally, we were s**t in all areas. Hopefully we can beat Samoa by more than 3 points.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

First man on the plane Visser.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:51 pm

One thing's for sure. We know Wales can't beat Aus on their own. We also know they can't beat the Pumas at home. That has to tell us something.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

2nd Ritchie Gray

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

3rd Stuart Hogg

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:00 pm

Right... So what are disagreeing on exactly? Because this thread is a total waste of cyber space and I've pointed out it's flaws which kind of makes the whole thing pointless. I can't see what I've disagreed with other than to point out these facts.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

I'd take North and Cuthbert those two can hold the tackle bags in training, Warburton has to go as his the Welsh captain he can bring the kicking tee on, Roberts can also go as he can help the team Dr.

As for the rest hmmm?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

I can't see what I've disagreed with other than to point out these facts.

You saying that rugby isnt a sport for me.

And i am saying it is.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

When I caw a thread called "If you were picking a Lions squad based on the first 3 games of the Ais", and noted that there 45 posts... well silly old me... but I thought there might be some, you know, rugby chat?

Bloody hell.

This place is going to the dogs.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:10 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I can't see what I've disagreed with other than to point out these facts.

You saying that rugby isnt a sport for me.

And i am saying it is.

I have evidence to suggest otherwise, but okay.

IanBru, see LondonTigers post (the one directly after mine).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next