The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances

+4
HQ matt
TJ1
welshboii15
bsando
8 posters

Go down

My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances  Empty My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances

Post by bsando Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 am

1. Healy
2. Hibbard
3. Jones
4. AWJ
5. Parling
6. SOB
7. Robshaw
8. Heaslip
9. Laidlaw
10. Jackson
11. Brown
12. Marshall
13. BOD
14. Halfpenny
15. Hogg

bsando

Back to top Go down

My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances  Empty Re: My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances

Post by welshboii15 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 am

Healy
Hibbard
Jones
Awj
Evans
SOB
Warburton
Wood
Laidlaw
Bigger
North
Barrett
BOD
Brown
Halfpenny

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances  Empty Re: My Lions XV based on Round 4 performances

Post by TJ1 Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:51 am

bsando - which Jackson at 10? Whistle

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 am

TJ wrote:bsando - which Jackson at 10? Whistle

Michael!

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 am

Peter?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 am

healy
youngs
cole
Ryan
AWJ
Sob
robshaw
heaslip
leidlaw
sexton
north
BOD
tuilagi
wade
halfpenny

its really difficult particularly 2nd row, back row and number 10

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:38 am

1. C. Healy
2. R. Hibbard
3. A. Jones
4. AW Jones
5. I. Evans
6. C. Robshaw
7. S. Warburton
8. T. Faletau
9. G. Laidlaw
10. P. Jackson
11. G. North
12. L. Marshall
13. J. Davies
14. M. Tuilagi
15. L. Halfpenny

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 am

Can we add some Italians?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Griff wrote:
TJ wrote:bsando - which Jackson at 10? Whistle

Michael!

MJ?! The king of pop!? Bugger that, I meant Grover Jackson! He'll slot drop goals with his Flying V guitar and close line anyone brave enough to come charging down the 9/10 channel Very Happy

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 pm

TJ wrote:Can we add some Italians?

Well considering MJ and now Grover Jackson are in there, I think an Italian wouldn't be out of the question. I think I'll swap heaslip for Parismole!!! The ultimate number 8, created in a sports lab by chief sports scientist, dr Armstrong.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Some strange choices:

Healy was munched against Mas on Saturday, he looks good around the field but his first job is the scrum and Corbisero if fit is better.

Laidlaw kicks brilliantly but so does Halfpenny, Flood, Farrell and Sexton. His defence is not good enough so Phillips, Youngs, Care and Murray should have the edge.

BOD looked like someone at the end of their career on Saturday, Davies and Tuilagi are better players.

But if basing the selection on this weekend:

Brown
Halfpenny
Tuilagi
Davies
North
Biggar
Phillips
James
Best
Jones
AWJ
Parling
Jones
Beattie
Warburton

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm

So Healy was poor and based on round 4 you'd go with Corbs Seagul? Interesting.

I noticed bsando didn't ask you all to put your XV, he just wanted to tell you his, I dislike threads with lists of teams and no actual discussion...

So bsando regarding your team...

I agree largely except I'd swap Robshaw to blind and play Warbs open, with SOB at 8.

I'd ditch Brown for North and swap Hogg for Kearney

That aside I think your pretty close to a decent Lions XV

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Halfpenny, Cuthbert, BOD, Twelvetrees, North, Biggar, Phillips, Faletau, Warburton, Tipuric, AWJ, Evans, Jones, Hibbard, James.

OK
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:So Healy was poor and based on round 4 you'd go with Corbs Seagul? Interesting.

I noticed bsando didn't ask you all to put your XV, he just wanted to tell you his, I dislike threads with lists of teams and no actual discussion...

So bsando regarding your team...

I agree largely except I'd swap Robshaw to blind and play Warbs open, with SOB at 8.

I'd ditch Brown for North and swap Hogg for Kearney

That aside I think your pretty close to a decent Lions XV

Sorry I thought everyone would post theirs and then we'd discuss them, lazy on my part.

I don't think Kearney did that much vs France. There was one noticeable thing he did I remember but I thought overall he looked pretty quiet. Hogg and 1/2 penny looked better in my opinion. I think Kearney is a great fullback but he seems a little absent just now to me.

Your backrow seems pretty good, I avoided warburton because I don't think he did a whole lot more than tiperic to be honest. Robshaw was one of the few English players to play well vs Italy so I thought he deserved 7 spot. Not like warbs had a tough day vs our non exist ant forwards anyway haha.

North had a good line break but overall brown made most of little opportunities he had, some nice running. But north did essentially setup a try. So perhaps he would be a better choice.

In hindsight we could have voted for a lions XV based on each weeks performances to see what 606v2's team of the tournament would have been Doh

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:52 am

bsando wrote:North had a good line break but overall brown made most of little opportunities he had, some nice running. But north did essentially setup a try. So perhaps he would be a better choice.

You could also say he blew a try by cutting out the men outside him laughing

I didn't see the England game, but I think on the basis that the shirt was probably North's before the tournament and he has been solid every game, I'd still have North on the left wing after round 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

Risca Rev wrote:
bsando wrote:North had a good line break but overall brown made most of little opportunities he had, some nice running. But north did essentially setup a try. So perhaps he would be a better choice.

You could also say he blew a try by cutting out the men outside him laughing

I didn't see the England game, but I think on the basis that the shirt was probably North's before the tournament and he has been solid every game, I'd still have North on the left wing after round 4.

Surprised to see Mike Brown in contention. He started his international career well but has disappeared similar to the rest of England's back three since.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:56 am

I personally think he won't tour but its good to look at all available options I guess.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down