The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloves: How much do they matter?

+12
HumanWindmill
Liam_Main
Sugar Boy Sweetie
wow_junky
coxy0001
azania
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
Union Cane
Scottrf
D4thincarnation
16 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gloves:  How much do they matter? - Page 5 Empty Gloves: How much do they matter?

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

They are many type of boxing gloves worn today by pro boxers but what advantages do each glove hold over each other.

Back in the day the gloves used to be an important part of negotiations, because the rules were that each boxer had to where the same type of gloves and even the same colour. Who could forget Hamed's arguments with the Barrera camp over the colour of glove, it seemed to matter him more than training.

Pacquiao's then manager signed a deal that stopped Pacquiao wearing "the punchers glove", Cleto Reyes gloves for the first Morales fight and was a factor is Pacquiao losing that fight. Pacquiao immediately sacked his manager for such an error.

Amir Khan wears Reebok gloves, I think one of the only pro boxer that does. I suppose for the endorsement money but could he more effect with say the Cleto reyes gloves to increase his power?

Grant gloves are used by boxers that need to protect their hands, they are also larger and can be used more for defensive work, blocking parrying punches but because of the extra padding around the fist and how they are weighted they take power of your punches making them less effective if you want a KO.

The degree in which theses gloves play apart in defense or power punching is a matter of debate though. What are everybody views on the difference they make and what other types of gloves are out there and what type of fighters do they benifit?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Gloves:  How much do they matter? - Page 5 Empty Re: Gloves: How much do they matter?

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:Hand eye cordination aids precision. It a boxer wears reyes or grants his accuracy will not change. The gloves do not have radar built into them.

Smaller gloves can get through smaller gaps

You must therefore marvel at Mayweather who is the most accurate boxer out there but uses huge gloves. Just imagine if he were using smaller gloves.

Not really because he pot shot and counter punches, so not getting through the gaps in the guard that much.

What a ridiculous comment.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Gloves:  How much do they matter? - Page 5 Empty Re: Gloves: How much do they matter?

Post by azania Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:28 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:Hand eye cordination aids precision. It a boxer wears reyes or grants his accuracy will not change. The gloves do not have radar built into them.

You must therefore marvel at Mayweather who is the most accurate boxer out there but uses huge gloves. Just imagine if he were using smaller gloves.

Not really because he pot shot and counter punches, so not getting through the gaps in the guard that much.

Yes but with smaller glover, his pot shots and accuracy would improve.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:34 am

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Maybe but since he is a counter puncher where you punch when there is a huge gap the difference will be very small, but you could see some cleaner punching.

But this would also affect his defence as he would not have those pillows to hide behind.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:36 am

Don't think his shoulder roll defence relies on marginally bigger gloves

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:37 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Maybe but since he is a counter puncher where you punch when there is a huge gap the difference will be very small, but you could see some cleaner punching.

But this would also affect his defence as he would not have those pillows to hide behind.

The informed opinion is that Mayweather is a superb boxer and an enormous talent, so I guess that places you among the ill informed.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:40 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Don't think his shoulder roll defence relies on marginally bigger gloves

The gloves play apart in that defence, smaller gloves = less of a defence.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:40 am

Why are all of your articles so predictable

Pacquiao would have beaten Morales with different gloves
Mayweathers defence is better because of bigger gloves

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:40 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Don't think his shoulder roll defence relies on marginally bigger gloves

You need to stop with this nonsense right now

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:49 am

Ofcourse are apart of defence, you used them to block shots, parry shot and for a guard.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:56 am

A glove is a glove D4, certain gloves aren't going to improve a defence

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:58 am

D4thincarnation wrote:Ofcourse are apart of defence, you used them to block shots, parry shot and for a guard.

Why don't you become a trainer, D4 ?

I mean, you see things that nobody alive sees. Just think, all the fight insiders regard Mayweather as a superb technician, but hey, YOU KNOW BETTER !

Good for you. If only Manny knew about you he'd sack Roach on the spot to acquire your expert services.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:01 am

D4thincarnation wrote:

Smaller gloves = easier to hit. As Mayweather is by far the most accurate boxer, he would be more devestating.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:01 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Ofcourse are apart of defence, you used them to block shots, parry shot and for a guard.

I mean, you see things that nobody alive sees. Just think, all the fight insiders regard Mayweather as a superb technician, but hey, YOU KNOW BETTER !

Good for you. If only Manny knew about you he'd sack Roach on the spot to acquire your expert services.

Thanks Windy for your words of support, was looking into some ABA qualifications.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:02 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Thanks Windy for your words of support, was looking into some ABA qualifications.

You're welcome, but I should get your 11 plus, and then your ' O ' levels, under your belt first.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:03 am

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Smaller gloves = easier to hit. As Mayweather is by far the most accurate boxer, he would be more devestating.

Pacquiao is more accurate than Mayweather.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Is this about GLOVES OR PACQUIAO AND MAYWEATHER ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:06 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

If someone makes a statement I disagree with should I just ignore it?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:07 am

You should just stop talking about the same two boxers and for the sake of the board you probably should ignore it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

It was you who led the conversation this way, and it was your intention, right from the start. Do you really believe that we are stupid ?

Maybe you should stop drinking before posting. You are irrational at the best of times, but your irrationality increases as the day progresses and your spelling becomes less accurate.

Try typing with Reyes gloves on and see if that helps.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:You should just stop talking about the same two boxers and for the sake of the board you probably should ignore it

If people don't like my answers then cease asking those questions.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

Windy would it not make sense to just lock the thread now?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:You should just stop talking about the same two boxers and for the sake of the board you probably should ignore it

Nobody asked you a question

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

D4thincarnation wrote:

People don't like being cattle prodded. Need I remind you of the ' ceasefire ' thread, or are you going to be mature enough to stop the DELIBERATE AND WANTON provocation of other members ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

It was you who led the conversation this way, and it was your intention, right from the start. Do you really believe that we are stupid ?

Maybe you should stop drinking before posting. You are irrational at the best of times, but your irrationality increases as the day progresses and your spelling becomes less accurate.

You could always write about a fictional match up Singsurat vs Pacquiao, rematch where I'm am a promoter, then accuse me of being silly and dragging something off topic.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

Problem is D4 none of your articles deserve sensible debate because it's you, nobody really cares what you have to say and we never have

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:17 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You could always write about a fictional match up Singsurat vs Pacquiao, rematch where I'm am a promoter, then accuse me of being silly and dragging something off topic.

I could do lots of things, including highlighting your childish, ignorant, offensive, obsessive Manny love by giving you a taste of your own medicine, which is what I did with that post.

Suggest you take this back on topic.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:19 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Problem is D4 none of your articles deserve sensible debate because it's you, nobody really cares what you have to say and we never have

I don't mind if they don't care, but I just wish they would not attempt to hijack my threads with silly comments.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:21 am

Don't bother posting then if you don't like it because your going to have to put up with it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:21 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Problem is D4 none of your articles deserve sensible debate because it's you, nobody really cares what you have to say and we never have

I don't mind if they don't care, but I just wish they would not attempt to hijack my threads with silly comments.

Once again, do you seriously believe we are all stupid ?

Your intent for this thread was clear right from the start. You wanted it to get round to Manny and Floyd and now that you've achieved your aim you cry like a spoiled child that WE hijacked it.

For the last time, CUT IT OUT.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:23 am

Windy just lock the thread, it's run it's course now

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:27 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Your intent for this thread was clear right from the start. You wanted it to get round to Manny and Floyd and now that you've achieved your aim you cry like a spoiled child that WE hijacked it.

You have, once again you have taken this thread away from the original topic an brought it to back to D4 bashing once again.

People can read through the thread and seen how it has gone.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:29 am

Well if you don't like it mate that's too tough, if your going to continue posting utter garbage your going to have to get used to it because unlike other posters you will be given no respect.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:30 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Well if you don't like it mate that's too tough, if your going to continue posting utter garbage your going to have to get used to it because unlike other posters you will be given no respect.

Well at least you are honest with your views.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:30 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You have, once again you have taken this thread away from the original topic an brought it to back to D4 bashing once again.

People can read through the thread and seen how it has gone.

It might not occur to you, but I have been trying to keep the peace here, while you DELIBERATELY provoke other members, and I'm running short of patience.

I'd much rather be discussing boxing instead of cleaning up your mess. For everybody's sake, and for the sake of the forum as a whole, stop the provocation.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:38 am

Anyway, before this degenerates, I'm going to give us all an hour or two to calm down a bit by TEMPORARILY locking the thread.

Perhaps we could all remind ourselves of the ' ceasefire ' :

https://www.606v2.com/t3587-without-prejudice-a-fresh-start-for-everyone-please-read

Will open it up after an hour or two, but PLEASE, when I do, let's all try to be respectful to one another. I include myself in that, by the way, since I'm as guilty as anybody else of letting the red mist come down in this instance.

This probably has the potential to still be a very good thread.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 22 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

Okay while this is locked, I'm going to add something to it.

D4 - It is my opinion that this is a thinly veiled attempt at a thread with the intention of getting the conversation to your favourite subject.

After the thread has descended in to the bickering that has becime all too common on the boxing thread, you then play the "I didn't take the thread off topic" card. That may initially be true. However; if you respond to posts that go off topic, you are as guilty as the other poster(s). This is your thread, if you don't want it to go off topic, don't bait others by responding to their off topic posts.

I would also appreciate it if you would stop trying to undermine the Moderators. Windy asked on this thread for you to get back on topic. You then responded by saying it wasn't you that put it off topic. Completely irrelevant. If you are asked by a Moderator to return to the topic...even if they have been joining in with the off topic discussion...you are expected to respect their decision and do so. If you don't agree with their decision, or if you think they are being hypocritical, then please report the post in the correct manner by using the Alert a Moderator feature. A reported thread is highlighted to all Moderators and Administrators.

Now on this occasion I am directing this at D4 because it is his topic. I would like to make this abundantly clear. This advice goes for everyone. If you have a thread that is going off topic, do not respond to the posts and instead alert the Moderation team.

We want this to be an enjoyable forum for all. We do not want threads descending in to repetitive, childish, bickering and name calling.

If anyone wants to discuss this further, I am available on PM.

Cheers,
DT.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 2:22 pm

randy

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

Thread unlocked.

Play nice.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

can we not just leave it locked, not sure what else there is to add

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:41 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:can we not just leave it locked, not sure what else there is to add

Seconded.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:42 pm

It will be locked again if it degenerates in to the same tired argument Atom.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because there may be people with relevant arguments/opinions that have not yet aired their views.

Trust me...if this goes the same way as it did earlier, I'm locking it.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

randy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

He would probably start writing power ballads!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 7:32 pm

azania wrote: randy

I, concur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Apr 2011, 7:32 pm

:spank:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 22 Apr 2011, 7:35 pm

:Zombie: :run2:

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sat 23 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

The blame for the degeneration of this thread does not lie with D4. Yes he is a bit obsessed with Manny P, but D4 does not throw hissy-fits and resort to childish insults, like some others.

If people don't like his threads just don't reply.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:The blame for the degeneration of this thread does not lie with D4. Yes he is a bit obsessed with Manny P, but D4 does not throw hissy-fits and resort to childish insults, like some others.

If people don't like his threads just don't reply.

In all fairness mate, his agenda can be seen a mile off. Anyway, we all know that gloves only serve to make boxing a much more dangerous sport...right?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sat 23 Apr 2011, 9:35 pm

we all know that gloves only serve to make boxing a much more dangerous sport...right?

How do you mean?

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Apr 2011, 9:41 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:
we all know that gloves only serve to make boxing a much more dangerous sport...right?

How do you mean?

It was a joke. You had to be there, I guess.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next