The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloves: How much do they matter?

+12
HumanWindmill
Liam_Main
Sugar Boy Sweetie
wow_junky
coxy0001
azania
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
Union Cane
Scottrf
D4thincarnation
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Gloves:  How much do they matter? - Page 6 Empty Gloves: How much do they matter?

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

They are many type of boxing gloves worn today by pro boxers but what advantages do each glove hold over each other.

Back in the day the gloves used to be an important part of negotiations, because the rules were that each boxer had to where the same type of gloves and even the same colour. Who could forget Hamed's arguments with the Barrera camp over the colour of glove, it seemed to matter him more than training.

Pacquiao's then manager signed a deal that stopped Pacquiao wearing "the punchers glove", Cleto Reyes gloves for the first Morales fight and was a factor is Pacquiao losing that fight. Pacquiao immediately sacked his manager for such an error.

Amir Khan wears Reebok gloves, I think one of the only pro boxer that does. I suppose for the endorsement money but could he more effect with say the Cleto reyes gloves to increase his power?

Grant gloves are used by boxers that need to protect their hands, they are also larger and can be used more for defensive work, blocking parrying punches but because of the extra padding around the fist and how they are weighted they take power of your punches making them less effective if you want a KO.

The degree in which theses gloves play apart in defense or power punching is a matter of debate though. What are everybody views on the difference they make and what other types of gloves are out there and what type of fighters do they benifit?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Gloves:  How much do they matter? - Page 6 Empty Re: Gloves: How much do they matter?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:40 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Jukebox Timebomb wrote:The blame for the degeneration of this thread does not lie with D4. Yes he is a bit obsessed with Manny P, but D4 does not throw hissy-fits and resort to childish insults, like some others.

If people don't like his threads just don't reply.

In all fairness mate, his agenda can be seen a mile off. Anyway, we all know that gloves only serve to make boxing a much more dangerous sport...right?

Yes much better to have plaster of paris or concrete in the wraps, much safer!

Back to top Go down

Gloves:  How much do they matter? - Page 6 Empty Re: Gloves: How much do they matter?

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:18 pm

sohotnot wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Jukebox Timebomb wrote:The blame for the degeneration of this thread does not lie with D4. Yes he is a bit obsessed with Manny P, but D4 does not throw hissy-fits and resort to childish insults, like some others.

In all fairness mate, his agenda can be seen a mile off. Anyway, we all know that gloves only serve to make boxing a much more dangerous sport...right?

Personally I just think they should be allowed to use flick-knives. Let's be done with all the faffing.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:29 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Personally I just think they should be allowed to use flick-knives. Let's be done with all the faffing.

Pistols for me, wild west style duel, fastest gun in the ring! No dodgy decisions one definite winner.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:48 pm

sohotnot wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Pistols for me, wild west style duel, fastest gun in the ring! No dodgy decisions one definite winner.

Sorted! Gets rid of any complaints over judges with bad eyesight too...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:49 pm

What wrong with a good old chair shot to the head?
Or is that my wrestling roots manifesting themselves? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

Y I Man wrote:What wrong with a good old chair shot to the head?
Or is that my wrestling roots manifesting themselves? Whistle

I just feel the gun gets the job done quicker & there's no question over whose won.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6