The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!)

+14
CFCNick
Thomond
Lowlandbrit
crazy_dave23
sodhat
GSC
dancingweeman
Number-25
skins4ever
Hibbz
Derbyblue
Pr4wn
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!) - Page 3 Empty Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!)

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOTBALL THANKSGIVING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!)

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Seriously, the defense of he needs great WRs to bail him out says it all.

He is inaccurate, makes urine poor decisions and has 0 pocket pressure.

Adds up to a bust.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 12 discussion thread (THANKSGIVING DAY FOOTBALL!)

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Sanchezwill never be a Rodgers not many are. Can he get you to win? With the right guys yes. They have had no running game for two years, Holmes has never actually had incredible numbers. Defence gone to pot in the last while.

I would give him another year. As I said keepping Freeman in the same scenario has worked out pretty well for the Bucs hasn't it?

Same reason why Romo should be kept as well as Vick.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:58 pm

If the defense and run game can win games then yes Sanchez can win games. However thats no indictment of Sanchez having ability. I'd say quite a few guys could win games with defense and run game doing most of the work.

Sanchez is not good. The Jets being in 2 AFCCGs does not make him good. He is actually a bad QB. Read that PFF article, or hell watch the guy play.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 pm

How many more years are we going to give Romo?????? He just isn't going to do it. He had his chance against the Redskins, but he blew it like he always does. If Dallas want to be taken seriously they need to move on from Romo asap.

Vick is a different matter, I don't know what his physical shape is.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Should we blame the team for no longer being able to carry the QB, or the QB for needing to be carried basically.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Can you really give a guy a fair evaluation if he has absolutely no weapons? I think he could be halfway decent if he got some help from his team, the likelihood is I am wrong as I haven't been convinced by a lot of his play. The Jets have far bigger problems than Sanchez.

I don't trust a lot of what PFF says. Aqib Talib gave up 10 catches out of 12 targets to Hakeem Nicks for 199 yards. They gave him a positive rating on that game.

Stats don't tell the whole story as I'm sure you know.

Romo gets similar treatment. He clawed back a 28 point deficit anf people still b!tch. His defence is pretty poor like and his receivers struggle to get open, you can tell that from their decent but not great yards per catch stats. The Cowboys D has one or two great players but they are not that great give up a lot of points.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:17 pm

We've had 4 years to give him an evaluation. He was garbage before, and hes garbage now. He has not progressed at all.

Yes the current supporting cast is crap. Has it always been throughout his tenure? No. Honestly 2 of Sanchez passes this year have been the 2 worst I've ever seen. 1st vs the Dolphins he just lobs a flat ball into the endzone straight at a DB, a minute after Laron Landry had returned a pick into the redzone in a tie game.

2nd, he has a wide open WR in the endzone, manages to underthrow him straight to a DB. A pretty easy TD becomes an INT.

The guy hasn't progressed at all. I partly blame the coaching staff, hes has 0 pressure put on him, they make every excuse possible for him. His backups have been a semi retired Mark Brunell who was playing because he was bankrupt, and a guy thats a worse passer than he is. But Sanchez is still a bad QB
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Has it ever been that good? He had Holmes, okay not great. Keller a solid good player. Any one else of note? Not really.

Sanchez isn't that great a player by any means but actually give the guy a chance to succeed and he might show something.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 pm

As for Romo, yes he should stay. He hasn't had his best year, but I'd struggle to name 10-12 QBs better than him. The Cowboys are fairly bad and the talent is mostly hype than substance.

Vick, he earns 15m next season, is not a good passer, oft injured and physical edge wearing away. Possibility he gets cut and resigned for a better deal, but I can't see a new coach really wanting him. Can probably get production from a Garrard for cheap and wait a year for a QB since this years class is pretty dire.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:24 pm

To be honest I think the Eagles have completely taken away the best part of Vick's game. They are trying to conidtion him as a pocket passer and his abiliy to extend plays and throw on the run are his best assets.

Not to mention that OL no one can be productive behind that heap of shoite.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Thomond you confident of a win for the Bucs today? Big game, and I personally think you have a good shot. Martin should run all over that Falcons D
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Its another excuse of stack the deck for the guy and he might produce. Give all NFL QBs good weapons and quite a lot of them would look good, including quite a few backups. Doesn't make them good QBs. Again a case of having other players do the work for Sanchez instead of him doing it himself.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Thomond wrote:To be honest I think the Eagles have completely taken away the best part of Vick's game. They are trying to conidtion him as a pocket passer and his abiliy to extend plays and throw on the run are his best assets.

Not to mention that OL no one can be productive behind that heap of shoite.

I agree, but a running QB who is always injured and past 30 isn't going to be sustainable. In todays NFL you have to be able to chuck it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 pm

With Julio Jones seemingly fit I'm less confident. If Ryan has time he could absolutely kill us, and I don't even think Ryan is that good. On the positive side, our cornerbacks seem to generate some picks as they seem to gamble a bit. Looking forward to seeing how Leonard Johnson does, he has played some pretty good stuff so far although he struggled last week.

Martin could have a good day if our patchwork OL does what it has done the last while. I would probably expect a bigger day from Mike W or VJax in all honesty. Think the Bucs can win all their remaining games although I wouldn't be too confident of beatign the Broncos

GSC, a lot of great QBs had great WRs with them. Does that mean that their achievements are dimished because of that? Jerry Rice had success after he left the Niners so does that mean Montana didn't do the work for the Niners?

Most great QBs have great playmakers to go along with them.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Joe Montana had 2 SBs before Rice was drafted.

Not to mention theres a difference between good and great/HoF
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Are we all hitting the chatbox at 6?

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Of course. I suppose a simpler argument would be look at Freeman before Vjax and look at him now. A good WR can make a hell of a difference to a QB. It could help him a bit.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Freeman flashed more in 2010 than Sanchez ever has though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:Are we all hitting the chatbox at 6?

Should be barring any disasters
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Freeman got bailed out by Mike Williams and leaned on Blount a fair bit in 2010. He improved tremendously this offseason.

Won't be on the chatbox (I never go on it), missing the start of the Bucs game as Munster are playing so will be playing catch up and also because I hook up the lattop to the tv to watch the match so can;t really use the computer too often.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:56 pm

I'll be on the box later on.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 pm

I'll be on. Nothing on gamepass looks worth not watching sky.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm

MJ you staying up for Giants-Packers later?

Some real cracking games this week. Best so far for me.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:04 pm

When it comes to primetime games the Giants ones are the only ones I stay up for these days.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Nobody staying up for the big game on Monday then?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Sanchez - Just use your eyes, he fails the test just about every time he steps on the field.

Can he consistently work through his progressions - no.
Does he make good decisions - not from what I have observed.
His arm strength is questionable.
Poor accuracy, especially on 3rd downs when he's under pressure.
In fact all of the above is made worse when he's under any kind of pressure.

He's at his best when comfortable in the pocket behind a solid OL and he can work the short middle and off of PA with a good run game.

He's just not very good.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I would agree with most of that twelve, only would you could argue is the second one and that's because with no running game and receivers struggling to get open he is forcing throws.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Grant Holt V2 wrote:How many more years are we going to give Romo?????? He just isn't going to do it. He had his chance against the Redskins, but he blew it like he always does. If Dallas want to be taken seriously they need to move on from Romo asap.
Slightly disagree with Romo, think if they give him the reigns they could do well, when they went no huddle against Atlanta their offense actually looked good. May not be great but in the top half of QBs in the league.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Apparently Peterson has missed the bus and may not be active.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:Apparently Peterson has missed the bus and may not be active.
It's ok. He's got a cab.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:34 pm

And fumbled the ball lol

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Did anyone say SPRINKLERS

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Browns beat Steelers! Should really have been a bigger margin though given the number of turnovers, their RBs didn't seem to want to hold the ball.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Browns beat Steelers! Should really have been a bigger margin though given the number of turnovers, their RBs didn't seem to want to hold the ball.
The Steelers are suffering at the moment just when the Bengals are looking good. Not surprised about the Browns winning, they probably should have had a better record this season.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Seattle CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner facing 4-game suspensions for violating performance enhancing drug policy.

Seahawks = Screwed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 am

https://twitter.com/kevisaurous/status/272852215956373505/photo/1

LOL SHERMAN
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 am

Weeden suffered a concussion at the end of the game, may mean that easy looking run against Raiders and Chiefs isn't that easy.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 am

Packers O-line can't handle the Giants pass rush.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 am

Can't quite decide if that was a fake fair catch, or genuine fair catch and so he shouldn't have been hit.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 am

#hawks4justice
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 am

cherriesfan wrote:#hawks4justice

So they're vacating that win over the Packers?

Classy move.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:47 am

GSC wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:#hawks4justice

So they're vacating that win over the Packers?

Classy move.

Simutainuis catch, a one handed catch is strill a catch by NFL ruling and tate had his hand on it 1st and maintained that all the way.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 am

So they aren't vacating it? So how can they claim to be for justice? Erm
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:54 am

GSC wrote:So they aren't vacating it? So how can they claim to be for justice? Erm
Because Browner and Optimus Prime are innocent
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 pm

But you can't pick and choose your justice.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 pm

actually after looking at the evidence they are gulity unfortuantley and seattles season over, im not gonna lie, this is downright stupid by them and we can kiss the play-offs goodbye
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Well at least you stopped lying about 1 incident Cool
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm

however watching russell wilson string 16 staright completions together was wonderful Smile Every day im russelin'
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 pm

It was only Arizona cherries

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Twas Miami
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next