The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

draft rumors

+20
Bull
Chuck Norris
Lex-Express
Dexter Morgan
AberdeenSteve
theanimal316
Brady12
JoshSansom
Dr Gregory House MD
David Tails
Legend
User Name
Fernando
sodhat
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
I Blame Coco
Mr H
Holymiky
Brannen316
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

draft  rumors  Empty draft rumors

Post by Brannen316 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:19 am

i was just reading the Fact or Fiction article on the 411Wrestling website, and one of their questions was will the draft change this year and be good to Smackdown? which both of the guys agreed it would due to the fact that they have lost Edge and The Undertaker will obviously be missing alot more than usual this year.

So got me thinking who will be drafted? I first thought of Jericho to return on the monday night and when the titan tron is flicking through the names of superstars it would stop on him and then his music hits and face Jericho will hit Smackdown. But alas, he will not be finished with his tv show so this draft could come too soon for him to return to the 'E'.

My next choice i think is it will be Orton. Hes had his stint on Raw, won the title, feuded with nexus, had a few rematches with Miz, lost a few number one contender's matches. so i think its time to mix up his character and get him on smackdown.

After Del Rio and Christian fued a bit i can really see Orton And Del Rio having a good spar with each other. I think they would work really well together in and out the ring.

What you think? What other big faces is there really to cross over to take Edge's place?

Brannen316

Back to top Go down

draft  rumors  Empty Re: draft rumors

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:23 am

I like the idea you have for Jericho, he may be available in time, if he is busy with DWTS they could still have his face appear and then keep it a mystery as to when he returns.

I think Cena will go to SD, with Taker on the shelf, the retirement of Edge means they need a super face. It would also mean Rock going back to 'his' show to feud with Cena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:28 am

I really like your Jericho idea like KB stated but i can't see Cena going to SD!

People watch RAW for Cena.

Jericho could be a massive face on Smackdown cos the fans know him. Then again, so could Cena but i think it's all about the ratings.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:30 am

I reckon Triple H will go to Smackdown. Seeing as Taker is on the blue brand and Hunter saying when Taker returns he will be waiting, i think this fued will carry Smackdown into the summer and Hunter will actually beat The Undertaker in a match.

Regarding the WHC, face Christian vs heel Jericho would be immense.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brannen316 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:35 am

HHH would be good but will he be around full time again? is he not gonna be a bit part player for a while now?

in time Face Christian v Heel Jericho wuold be amazing but at the moment i think whoever crosses over will be face. you never know HHH might go to be the part timer while waiting for taker and also Jericho go too. Smackdown has been shafted last few years so they deserve a couple big guns this year to keep ratings.

Brannen316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

With Kong and Sin Cara joining i fully expect HHH to be on whichever show they are on so he can have a hands on approach to thier development.

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:51 am

King Beer wrote:With Kong and Sin Cara joining i fully expect HHH to be on whichever show they are on so he can have a hands on approach to thier development.

For someone who has come under intense scrutiny from the IWC for holding back talent over the years, it's good to read the stories about HHH pushing new talent and taking an ever increasing interest in their development. Long may it continue.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:55 am

I think if one of the RAW super faces (Cena, HHH, Orton) is going to be moved over to Smackdown it'll most likely be Randy Orton. He could do with a change and getting him out from John Cena's shadow wouldn't be a bad thing.

Jericho is surely a must for Smackdown as well although Vince will probably want his return to be on RAW.

They'll probably move Taker, Mysterio, Rhodes, Del Rio, Barrett and Christian to RAW and send David Hart Smith to Smackdown.

Last edited by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:02 pm

Totally agree mate, if its one of the big three it'll definitely be Orton

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

I agree with undisputed and gaffer, there is no way they will take Cena from Raw. It's about as likely as them turning him heel in my eyes - and strange as it is to say it, Cena on SD just wouldn't feel right....

I don't think HHH is really going to be getting his hands dirty in the ring as much...barring his ego wanting more title runs.

It may be that they don't send one of the 'big' three over, but send someone on the cusp, like John Morrison. Might be a risky move of course but they need to develop some new big names before another retires.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:29 pm

JoMo might be a good shout, someone mentioned in another thread that they could get the old sound sweetening machine out to make him seem more over than he is. Now all they need to do is dub his promos and we're laughing!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:32 pm

I think Sheamus could do with a change of scenery too, a move to Smackdown would be very healthy for his character!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brannen316 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:50 pm

I thought about Jo Mo but i dont think he is the massive face they need to transfer over. although with all the back stage heat he is getting maybe bumping him off the main show is something that is going to happen?

Cena wont go. I really cant see them building anything with the rock on SD and the rock is due to be on Raw on May 2nd in Miami, not sure how long the run will last but all of the PR for Fast 5 will be done by then as he is on his way to Europe today so you never know.

Brannen316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:18 pm

Where is Melina based, is she RAW as well?

I can see Barrett going across and Sheamus going to SD.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:20 pm

Melina's on RAW the now ain't she?

Sheamus heading over would be a good move for him, Barrett probably doesn't need the move but he definitely needs to get shot of the Corre.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Melina's on RAW the now ain't she?

Sheamus heading over would be a good move for him, Barrett probably doesn't need the move but he definitely needs to get shot of the Corre.

If Sheamus goes to SD then you can't keep Barrett there, unless he drops the IC belt to someone on RAW.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:23 pm

Sheamus could drop the US title before he goes, or even drop it a couple of weeks later during a 'special' appearance on RAW.

A Sheamus / Barrett feud would be pretty cool I reckon.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

draft  rumors  Empty WWE Quiz

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Apr 2011, 5:53 pm

Shaemus/Barrett would be my SD! World Title match at Mania 28, I'd have Sheamus attacked Backstage as hes about to make his RD debut and keep him off screen until SummerSlam, have regular updates about "sheamus is missing" then nearer SummerSlam have fans interviewed CNN Style about Sheamus sightings, after the WHC match at SummerSlam have Barrett cash in hir MitB then as the bell rings gladiater music kicks in, slow with a strong beat and you begin to hear a faint "Sheeeeamus....Sheeeeeeeamus.....SHEEEEEEEEEEAMUS" and with a full but trim beard and his hair down comes out of nowhere and kills Barrett, and the champ would retain the WHC

Then I'd have Sheamus say very little, and everybody assumes it was The Corre that put him out, have The Corre protest their innocence and have Barrett get a restraining order against him, i'd have Sheamus just going through the roster but not give him an actual feud still not talking despite numerous Matt Striker attempts to get an interview, have Barrett win the title at HiaC then talk about how he ELIMINATED all the competition including Sheamus way back in May, I'd then have Sheamus attack Barrett in his WHC Survivor series rematch and get Barrett a DQ win

Last edited by the-gaffer on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Shaemus/Barrett would be my SD! World Title match at Mania 28, I'd have Sheamus attacked Backstage as hes about to make his RD debut and keep him off screen until SummerSlam, have regular updates about "sheamus is missing" then nearer SummerSlam have fans interviewed CNN Style about Sheamus sightings, after the WHC match at SummerSlam have Barrett cash in hir MitB then as the bell rings Sheamus with a full but trim beard and his hair down comes out of nnwhere and kills Barrett, and the champ would retain the WHC

I think that's a brilliant idea. Who gets the US title though?

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 6:10 pm

Have him take the US title to Smackdown and when he gets laid out before his debut just declare the title vacant and have a tournament or a 4 way on the next RAW. Then you could have someone like R-Truth or Bryan Danielson win that.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Apr 2011, 6:42 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Shaemus/Barrett would be my SD! World Title match at Mania 28, I'd have Sheamus attacked Backstage as hes about to make his RD debut and keep him off screen until SummerSlam, have regular updates about "sheamus is missing" then nearer SummerSlam have fans interviewed CNN Style about Sheamus sightings, after the WHC match at SummerSlam have Barrett cash in hir MitB then as the bell rings gladiater music kicks in, slow with a strong beat and you begin to hear a faint "Sheeeeamus....Sheeeeeeeamus.....SHEEEEEEEEEEAMUS" and with a full but trim beard and his hair down comes out of nowhere and kills Barrett, and the champ would retain the WHC

Then I'd have Sheamus say very little, and everybody assumes it was The Corre that put him out, have The Corre protest their innocence and have Barrett get a restraining order against him, i'd have Sheamus just going through the roster but not give him an actual feud still not talking despite numerous Matt Striker attempts to get an interview, have Barrett win the title at HiaC then talk about how he ELIMINATED all the competition including Sheamus way back in May, I'd then have Sheamus attack Barrett in his WHC Survivor series rematch and get Barrett a DQ win

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Apr 2011, 6:43 pm

Sheamus would be arrested for breaking the terms of the restraining order so would be ordered to be out of the arena when Barrett is there and Barrett would retain against someone at TLC (Jericho) then I'd have the restraining order dropped but haue Sheamus told he cant touch Barrett unless he or the rest of the Corre instigate it, Barrett insists that Sheamus will never get a Title shot, at the Rumble i'd have him enter at 22 and procede to be an eliminating machine. Have him throw out the Corre, Orton, Miz and Taker and when he ir about to eliminate Punk for the win have Barrett run out and throw him out from behind, Sheamus would finally talk on SD and be one big intense badass, he tells Barrett he wanted to kill him for putting him on the shelf

Then I'd have Sheamus pin 3 guys in the SD Chamber and win it, leading into WrestleMania, I'd have Barrett beat Taker at Elimination Chamber to make him look mega strong and it would also make Taker appear beatable for Mania, Sheamus would also remain totally undefeated leading to Mania

and Breath

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

draft  rumors  Empty major draft spoilers! do not read unless really want to know

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

Due to the retirement of Edge leaving SmackDown! in dire need of a top babyface, Vince McMahon decided to hold the annual WWE Draft next Monday as opposed to a date in June. It was described as a "panic move" as noted earlier here on the website.

WWE officials have discussed moving Alberto Del Rio to RAW during next Monday's WWE Draft as he is currently penciled to headline SummerSlam against John Cena. It has also been broached for Del Rio to move to the brand as World Heavyweight Champion, with The Miz, as WWE Champion, heading to SmackDown!.

The entire mid-card, with Cody Rhodes, The Nexus, The Corre, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre and R-Truth specifically cited, are also strong candidates to change brands during the Draft. Please keep in mind that nothing is confirmed at this time and plans will change numerous times throughout the weekend.

With that being said, the identities of who gets moved are constantly changing this week.

both Cody Rhodes to RAW and R-Truth to Smackdown! were confirmed to us as taking place in next week’s WWE Draft(s).

very good move for cody i think put him up against sheamus or sin cara and continue his issue with masked men

source : http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/headlines.php?subaction=showfull&id=1303443299&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

But there's no word on who the new top babyface for Smackdown will be? Unless they're turning the Miz?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:35 pm

personally im expecting orton to follow miz to sd

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

I concur nando.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

I reckon this is just guess work.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

That's half the fun!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

I cant see Miz going to Smackdown. It doesnt make sense. He's carried the WWE belt on Raw, moving him to Smackdown is a step backwards for the WWE if they do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:14 pm

What do you do then hotshot?

What do you do?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:15 pm

fernando ideal draft picks

from sd to raw
swagger
gabriel and slater
kofi
drew mcintyre
cody rhodes

from raw to sd
randy orton
r truth
jomo
daniel bryan
ted dibiase

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:23 pm

Perhaps to fill that top babyface role we could see the long awaited return of Skip Sheffield. It seems as though Vince sees a lot in tis guy, but i suppose putting him straight back into the top role would be a huge risk. A risk they are willing to take?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:31 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:What do you do then hotshot?

What do you do?

Id rather see a returning Y2J on Smackdown replacing Edge than Miz.
Id put Sin Cara on Smackdown also, its a show that he can really excel on.

Del Rio to Raw to turn face against Miz.
Barrett to Raw and give him a push to main event.

What say you Y2?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:31 pm

I've said for a while that I could see Miz going to SD and I don't see it as a backward step to be honest, hes not going to be made to look an equal to Cena/Orton/HHH on RAW anytime soon and any future feuds surely would involve one of those three and feuds with Cena and Orton haven't exactly been must see, so moving to SD would help keep him fresh and also take him out the limelight a bit which will do him the world of good

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:35 pm

I don't see Del Rio being a face yet.

His character fits in to the arrogant, rich heel...how would you turn him face?

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

anyone think with a couple tattoos some short hair and he'd be brock lesnar?

i think he has great potential mr sheffield ( have to change the name though)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

I don't see Miz going to Smackdown as a backwards step, in fact I see it as more of a forward step, the words heel world champion and John Cena don't go well together so freeing Miz from Cena's (and to a lesser extent Orton's) orbit could really see him flourish

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:47 pm

fernando wrote:anyone think with a couple tattoos some short hair and he'd be brock lesnar?

i think he has great potential mr sheffield ( have to change the name though)

Mr Plymouth?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:51 pm

But if Cena is going to get into a programme with The Rock, it frees up Miz to have a fued with someone new. (Assuming he keeps the belt at ER).
I still think WWE view Raw as the 'A' show, and with keeping the belt on Miz so far they have entrusted him to carry the main event and view him as a 'Raw product'.

Sticking Del Rio against him Raw is better than Miz v Christian or Miz v a part time Taker etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

Dr G I totally agree mate

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

I really don't agree that Miz/Del Rio would be better a feud with Christian, the promos and matches would be much better and a successful feud with Taker would be as good a rub as he could get, plus when Rock/Cena finally get into their feud, Miz and everyone else on RAW will be an after thought

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 5:04 pm

I'm hoping Di Biase goes over to Smackdown and they finally sort something stable out for him, he looked decent when he and Rhodes where with orton and now hes on such a decline wereas Rhodes has a WM victory under his belt

Can see Orton moving leaving a space for Jericho to return to Raw after dancing with the stars US finishes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 22 Apr 2011, 5:06 pm

Y I Man wrote:But if Cena is going to get into a programme with The Rock, it frees up Miz to have a fued with someone new. (Assuming he keeps the belt at ER).
I still think WWE view Raw as the 'A' show, and with keeping the belt on Miz so far they have entrusted him to carry the main event and view him as a 'Raw product'.

Sticking Del Rio against him Raw is better than Miz v Christian or Miz v a part time Taker etc

The problem with The Rock/Cena fued is that the match is 1 year away and Rock isn't going to be omni-present, the person I actually feel slightly sorry for in all this is Del Rio as I can see him back as a mid-card heel by the end of the year if he does go to RAW

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 22 Apr 2011, 5:11 pm

The top 6 I'd have on SmackDown would be Taker, Jericho, Christian, Miz, Barrett and Sheamus and I'd also look to push Swagger and Rhodes up to that level as well as having Rey capable of working the main event if and when required

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 22 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Raw to SD:
Orton
Sin Cara
Ziggler

SD to Raw:
Swagger

Rhodes is showing real promise alongside Mysterio and should remain there. Gabriel and Slater can be a developing tag team though I am not sure how many others there will be to fight with. Sin Cara really needs to be on SD with less spotlight.

Sheamus and Barrett could switch but it would feel like change for the sake of change. Plus, I can see Sheamus v Cena as a feud later in the year. JoMo to SD would give him the chance to develop as a leading player on the brand, which I don't see happening on Raw. Orton to SD needs to happen for Orton to break from Cena's shadow. Del Rio would be buried on Raw - he needs to stay on SD.

Would leave:

Raw
Face - Cena, HHH, Morrison, Bryan
Heel - Miz, CM Punk, Sheamus, Swagger

SD:
Face - Orton, Christian, Sin Cara, Mysterio, Kingston
Heel - Del Rio, Ziggler, Rhodes, McIntyre, Barrett

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 6:24 pm

Short on top line babyface talent on smackdown? Surely only one answer bring back Skip Sheffield

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 7:41 pm

What have people seen in Skip Sheffield to think that he will be a major player and top babyface? I don't recall seeing anything out of him to suggest this, apart from the rumours that McMahon is a fan

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Apr 2011, 8:12 pm

he's batista without the botching

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 22 Apr 2011, 8:47 pm

I think I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Skip Sheffield. He never did anything when he was last fit that really springs to mind. He was just another Nexus member.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Fri 22 Apr 2011, 9:19 pm

Wasn't it Skip who injured Ricky Steamboat? He literally took his head off with some clothesline from memory

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next