The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries

+4
Morgannwg
Barney McGrew did it
tatterd
RogerLewis
8 posters

Go down

Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries Empty Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries

Post by RogerLewis Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:01 pm

Not so bad when you put it that way! Also if Halfpenny had gone for goal early on and not missed his conversions it would have been 20 points to Wales.

I still feel Phillips and Priestland made monumental errors in leading up to all of the NZ tries.

I don't actually feel so bad now and the 56 man lineout really made my day Smile

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries Empty Re: Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries

Post by tatterd Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

uuuuuuhhhm, maybe, but hapeney wasn't on form 2night......

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries Empty Re: Wales 2 tries - New Zealand 3 tries

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:18 pm

Careful now - dangerously close to a 'moral victory' (by a brave/plucky side). I always find the most useful way of looking at a result is the scoreboard.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm

True, lets not try to put any kind of gloss on the AI's for Wales so far. We have been poopie with a capital P. And unless we pull our finger out we're on for a 6N whitewash. Ok maybe we'll be at Scotland..........

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm

beat even. Christ, red wine.........

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm

Embarrassing post. Not nearly as bad as anything awop posts if it is any consolation.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:53 am

Yeah there were positives from this performance, but I feel these were far out weighed by the poor mistakes at crucial times, the missed tackles and poor decision making - leading to an inability to ruthlessly take points when on offer (which the AB's did to great effect, and I assume Oz could well do next week).

We could say that IF Hore had been red carded, and IF Halfpenny had taken the kicking options AND scored, then MAYBE it would have been a lot closer - but at the end of the day we made too many mistakes at crucial times, and we got what I expected - a much better performance but never really good enough for the win.

* though I am still incensed with the ref...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:05 am

The thing that everyone in the NH has to realise is that the ABs played for about 30mins and after that just sat on their lead. When they wanted to, they went and scored some tries, they also stopped Wales scoring any when the came was still close.

They are streets ahead of all of the home nation team.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:17 am

Two tries to three, two decent tries by Wales, but consider they were never in this game.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:17 pm

Afraid I have to agree with Biltong.

Scotland got 3 tries on the board against the Blackness but conceded 6.

Albeit none of them was as well worked as the Welsh scores.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down