The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6

+2
Marky
MtotheC
6 posters

Go down

Pease vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the last 12 months

V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Vote_lcap74%V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 29 ]
V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Vote_lcap26%V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Empty V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6

Post by MtotheC Thu 29 Nov - 7:04

Yesterday's match was one of the closest yet with just 5 votes in it between dolph ziggler and ryback, come the close of play dolph made it into the next round

Next up match 6

Pease vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the last 12 months

As always leave a comment as to why you voted

The winner will progress to the last 8

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Empty Re: V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6

Post by Marky Thu 29 Nov - 8:27

I think Cena wins by default for me. He hasn't had the greatest of years, but he's had some very high profile matches with The Rock, Brock Lesnar and CM Punk, and while he's stuck in this AJ/Vickie feud at the moment, and his five moves of doom irritate me, there has to be credit where it's due.

Samoa Joe has had an awful year, minus the last couple of months. I honestly believe he has gotten this far (and may go further) due to his big fanbase, but can anyone honestly say Joe has generated better work in the last 12 months than Cena?

I like Joe, and it looks like he's getting back into things, but earlier this year he was going nowhere, on a losing streak and worst of all, looking like he didn't care. Cena should progress IMO.

Marky

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6 Empty Re: V2 WWC 2012 The Knockout Stages Last 16 Match 6

Post by Ent Thu 29 Nov - 8:33

Gone for cena for the reasons listed above.

He's been in and around the main event in wwe for the majority of the year and had two of the biggest matches for years with the rock and lesnar.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 29 Nov - 13:25

As much as I didn't want to, I saw no other option but to vote for Cena in this, basically just because Joe has done nothing all year (up until his recent TV Title run).

Cena has had matches with Kane,Rock, Brock, Punk, Ryback and now Dolph and you can't really compare that to anything that Joe has done this year.

Although I will say that I believe Cena has been pretty pi55 poor in most of those feuds and I still have a gripe that he obviously knows his character blows and needs to be edited but chooses not to (this however is an argument for a different thread).

That being said, everytime he wrestles Punk there is a good dynamic and can't argue that the match with Lesnar delivered at Extreme Rules.

No way on earth he is ever going to win a competition like this, and he doesn't deserve to either but I can't make an argument for him not advancing in this round.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Nov - 14:01

I'm having to go Cena too. I think Cena puts on good matches with the best of the talent, Punk n Lesnar, but wont make a match great himself, he needs a good partner. That being said, some of his matches with Punk are match of the year contenders, and I thought he was brilliant in the triple threat against Ryback and Punk. Be interesting to see how he goes in a PPV with Ziggler.

I like Joe, he is my favourite of the TNA roster easily, but whilst he always puts on great matches he seems to me to have been given little to get his teeth into since I started watching. The character is dominant and aggressive, yet his role has been a little too passive. Matches with Magnus have been the highlight of TNA recently, and hes done a lot to prove Magnus could be huge for TNA. He is the one on TNA's roster that I cannot understand WWE not stealing.

So whilst I think Joe is one of the best around at the moment, his progress is currently underwhelming, and Cena still carries himself as main event and has put on some good matches.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 29 Nov - 17:06

John Cena gets my vote but he has had some extremely good moments this year but also has had some extremely pathetic moments.

Highs
Feud with Kane
Feud/Match with The Rock at Mania
Feud/Match with Lesnar at Extreme Rules
Feud/Match with CM Punk at Night Of Champions/Survivor Series
Raising over 1 million dollars for Cancer - Cant respect the bloke enough for that speech/Presentation on Raw and his whole #RiseAboveCancer

Lows
Feud/Match with Johnny Ace at Over The Limit
Feud/Match with Big Show at No Way Out/Summer Slam
Wining Money in the bank
Still being a tool at times

Extreme Low
The AJ Scandal

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Nov - 18:47

I thought most people regarded that feud with Kane as a flop?i'd swap that with winning money in the bank, as whilst it was inevitable its still an achievement, and I think losing his shot was well worked.

Lowest point of the year for me was probably the 'return' promo after he'd been injured for two weeks, the 'Cesaro nipple shoot' as I think its best remembered

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down