The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum?

+23
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
George Carlin
Breadvan
TJ1
dragonbreath
eirebilly
MrsP
Rava
HammerofThunor
doctor_grey
Mr Fishpaste
screamingaddabs
dummy_half
John Cregan
sausage1966
bluestonevedder
Gibson
sirtidychris
RuggerRadge2611
rodders
Ozzy3213
Mr Taff
Portnoy's Complaint
27 posters

Go down

Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum? Empty Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:43 pm

Talk of a v3 version cognoscenti-only broadsheet version of v2 is worrying.

The brand 606 (probably illegally) was snitched from Auntie following its discussion board abandonment of on cost grounds.

The original 606 was moderated by jobsworths. But the potential flaw in v2 is that the mutually and equally non-democratic but unpaid and worthy moderation team may overstep the the mark.

In the case of GG/awop or Hersh or whoever it's so easy for posters to just skip the thread/post/comment. Most people don't get involved whilst some may get a wry smile whilst others feel it necessary to reply.

Nobody's right. Nobody's wrong. That's just society.

A more democratic backstop to summary judicial bannings might be helpful. Make any ban pronouncements open and provide for feedback.

Allow more openness and democracy who knows?, a more vibrant discussion board might appear.

Last edited by greytiger on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum? Empty Re: Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum?

Post by Mr Taff Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:45 pm

The mods are pathetic.

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum? Empty Re: Can the lunatics take over the 606v2 asylum?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

Mr Taff may not been the first on my wish-list of respondents as I'd quickly learned that he'd be one to skip (like awol). But it sort of makes the point.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:59 pm

GT

We have had this debate before and the reasons for not publishing who has been banned and why have been fully explained.

Do you really want to go down this fairly dull and tiresome road again?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Taff Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

The preciousness on this forum is quite extreme. The mods lock threads for the sake of locking threads. There is no room for a good debate or joke without seeing the dreaded "the thread is now locked" appearing.

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:06 pm

Mr Taff,

I have sent you a PM as you clearly have an issue with the moderation. Feel free to respond to it and we can discuss whatever has irked you like adults.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:10 pm

guinness

Last edited by rodders on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:GT

We have had this debate before and the reasons for not publishing who has been banned and why have been fully explained.

Do you really want to go down this fairly dull and tiresome road again?

The difference maybe Oz is that the explanations have always been raining downwards.

Maybe the time for a two-way debate is in order.

If the lunatics are not to take over the asylum maybe a two-way debate is in order.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

This is very tiresome. Noone is forcing you to post here.

If you don't like the rules don't play the game!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

I think the MODs do a great job, the last 606 was a shambles. To be honest the only people complaining about the mods are the ballbags that would prefer the whole forum to be a childish slanging match. Its the same with society the few generally try ruin things for the masses and if your not carefull can usually achieve their goal.

Continue the good work MODs were are behind you and hats off for your continued patience and proffesionalism when dealing with said ballbags.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm

A debate about what GT? Why people are banned? People are banned because they cause problems and we receive masses of reports complaining about them. We then look at those reports and if it is felt that they are making the board a not very nice place for people to post, then they are asked to moderate their posting style. If they continue to cause problems they are banned.

I am not really sure what debate is necessary.

I have to be honest and say I have been ever so slightly mystifiied by some of the posters on this board this week.

awop and HERSH were complained about ad nauseum, with people also complaining that we had taken no action against them. We then ban them, and now suddenly a large number of posters are their best mate and can't understand what they have done to earn a ban. Go figure.

We can't please all of the people all of the time, and that being the case we will do what we feel is in the best interests of the forum.

That is it. There is no debate. Move on people, nothing to see here.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:29 pm

I think that the mods do a great job. Unpaid and largely like a ref, unrecognised.

However should there be an element of democracy involved to provide a groundswell of support one way or another?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

GT

We will not be having a referendum on every potential banning. It is as simple as that. You may want it to be different to how it is, but it's not going to be.

And I shan't be debating this point any further. My final word is that this thread can remain for now, however it descends into farce as a number of similarly themed threads have done, then it wil be pulled and whatever action is appropriate will be taken.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Taff Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:37 pm

You may as well lock the thread. Under these 'rules', it's inevitable.

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:41 pm

Mr Taff

I presume from the fact that you have read my PM and not responded, whilst continuing to just post comments on threads designed to annoy and prompt an argument, that your aim here is solely to stir up trouble.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, or just get on with the business of posting about rugby on the forum.

As has been pointed out by ruggerradge, if any of you don't like the rules of the forum, nobody is forcing you to come here and post.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

sirtidychris wrote:I think the MODs do a great job, the last 606 was a shambles. To be honest the only people complaining about the mods are the ballbags that would prefer the whole forum to be a childish slanging match. Its the same with society the few generally try ruin things for the masses and if your not carefull can usually achieve their goal.

Continue the good work MODs were are behind you and hats off for your continued patience and professionalism when dealing with said ballbags.

That´s about the size of it. The site reflects Society... and its misfits. We should have a virtual metal-cage Sin-Bin, lock em in together and let them knock 7 bells of meaningless, senseless, insecure, xenophobic, shoite out of each other. Like wound-up kids in a caged playpen.

It could be a site feature. "Hey lads, let´s pause with the reasonable debate already and go and see what the kids are up to on their little thread"

Think of the fun.

Taff. Set it up man. You can be their little boss ja?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:18 pm

Gibson wrote:
sirtidychris wrote:I think the MODs do a great job, the last 606 was a shambles. To be honest the only people complaining about the mods are the ballbags that would prefer the whole forum to be a childish slanging match. Its the same with society the few generally try ruin things for the masses and if your not carefull can usually achieve their goal.

Continue the good work MODs were are behind you and hats off for your continued patience and professionalism when dealing with said ballbags.

That´s about the size of it. The site reflects Society... and its misfits. We should have a virtual metal-cage Sin-Bin, lock em in together and let them knock 7 bells of meaningless, senseless, insecure, xenophobic, shoite out of each other. Like wound-up kids in a caged playpen.

It could be a site feature. "Hey lads, let´s pause with the reasonable debate already and go and see what the kids are up to on their little thread"

Think of the fun.

Taff. Set it up man. You can be their little boss ja?

+1. Well said both of you OK

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

I think the mods do a great job - its a thankless task.

When I started my FB606 page, we had a few minor issues but frankly it wasn't as difficult as you could see who the person was. Even so, it can be very frustrating. My view is, if you dont like it - leave.

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:48 pm

To quote a very good film:

'...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like a good rugby debate. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.'

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:56 pm

I agree with an awful lot of the original post. There are all sorts of posters on V2 - some are WUM - and we need a bit of that i think. How people choose to react to a WUM is a decision for themselves. Once a WUM doesn't cross the line into personal insults, i have no issue.....................................

I do find the Rugby forum, in general, to be overly serious and not as accommodating to a poster who might make a wind up comment................

Finally, as a poster who uses his real name, while understanding that most posters prefer a pseudonym, AM I THE ONLY ONE????

Last edited by John Cregan on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:13 pm

I think the one conclusion from all of this is "You can't please all of the people all of the time".

If I was in charge of moderating policy, I'd probably be a bit harsher (particularly on those who are just boring and repetetive, especially when they do so with no hint of humour), but clearly there are some who feel the recent bannings are too severe. It suggests the Mods are probably doing a reasonable job of balancing the forum requirements of those who want serious debate and a bit of banter and those who want mainly banter with a bit of debate thrown in.

A bit of WUMming isn't the end of the world, especially when it's clever or witty, but there is too much of a tendency for it to just become (for example) an England V Wales slanging match with no entertainment value to me. OK, I can avoid the obvious WUM threads, but sometimes the disputes spill across threads and make posters overly defensive of their opinions on the more serious discussion threads.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:18 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:To quote a very good film:

'...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like a good rugby debate. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.'

Awesome quote even better when delivered by Michael Caine.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:25 pm

I think the Mods have done a good job. I'd like to see Biltong back too.

IMO, the board has actually been better for rugby debate in the last week or so because threads haven't tended to descend into farce.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:30 pm

sirtidychris wrote:

Definitely. Sends shivers down my spine when he delivers that line in the movie!

Still though, with a little alteration, it's adaptable to the current 606v2 debacle and is still quite invigorating!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
sirtidychris wrote:

Definitely. Sends shivers down my spine when he delivers that line in the movie!

Still though, with a little alteration, it's adaptable to the current 606v2 debacle and is still quite invigorating!

Indeed quite apt, you could swap in suitable posters names into the "some men" bit...but thats probably not very helpful to the mods fire fighting at the moment ! boxing

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

I don't get the indignation with which some posters refer to the 'curbing of their liberties' on here, as if it's some gross violation of human rights. If you don't like the site go somewhere else. If you think the mods are kak then why not make your own site and be your own mod...

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:27 pm

Gibson wrote:That´s about the size of it. The site reflects Society... and its misfits. We should have a virtual metal-cage Sin-Bin, lock em in together and let them knock 7 bells of meaningless, senseless, insecure, xenophobic, shoite out of each other. Like wound-up kids in a caged playpen.
Society and(!?) its misfits? I thought society is groups of misfits all stuck living together. Somehow. The cavemen worked it out by clubbing to death the group from the cave next door because they were 'different' (or Osprey's fans). Don't think that quite works anymore. But also not sure any of us ain't misfits. And if not misfits, just a bit off?

This board is full of people from different places with drastic different experiences. If we all take our meds and keep it all in our pants no one needs get hairy and scream to Mom, Dad, or Mod. Just a wee bit 'o respect, but not too much, eh?

My man, there are times I think it would be great fun to set down with a number of pints and deabte society. No winners or losers, except for the publican.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Gibson wrote:That´s about the size of it. The site reflects Society... and its misfits. We should have a virtual metal-cage Sin-Bin, lock em in together and let them knock 7 bells of meaningless, senseless, insecure, xenophobic, shoite out of each other. Like wound-up kids in a caged playpen.
Society and(!?) its misfits? I thought society is groups of misfits all stuck living together. Somehow. The cavemen worked it out by clubbing to death the group from the cave next door because they were 'different' (or Osprey's fans). Don't think that quite works anymore. But also not sure any of us ain't misfits. And if not misfits, just a bit off?

This board is full of people from different places with drastic different experiences. If we all take our meds and keep it all in our pants no one needs get hairy and scream to Mom, Dad, or Mod. Just a wee bit 'o respect, but not too much, eh?

My man, there are times I think it would be great fun to set down with a number of pints and deabte society. No winners or losers, except for the publican.

Fair sums it up to me doc! OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:11 pm

All we need to do, mate, is pick the pub, pick the beer (a ripping debate that would be) and then solve the world.

Piece of cake.............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:03 pm

guinness

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 6:13 pm; edited 8 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

People seem to be carrying to old arguments from the BBC site. That was a public funded site that people had some 'right' over. This isn't. If you don't like it tell the moderators. If they refuse to change the site to your liking either put up with it or bugger off.

All the Sad over whether the moderators have banned someone 'unfairly' or not banned someone for disagreeing with you, is daft. Nobody has any rights on here. But they do have responsibilities. People do need to chill out but I'd be really fascist if I was running things.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NewYCbpfbw
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:13 am

HammerofThunor wrote:People seem to be carrying to old arguments from the BBC site. That was a public funded site that people had some 'right' over. This isn't. If you don't like it tell the moderators. If they refuse to change the site to your liking either put up with it or bugger off.

All the Sad over whether the moderators have banned someone 'unfairly' or not banned someone for disagreeing with you, is daft. Nobody has any rights on here. But they do have responsibilities. People do need to chill out but I'd be really fascist if I was running things.

=1 guinness
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:23 pm

Gibson wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:All we need to do, mate, is pick the pub, pick the beer (a ripping debate that would be) and then solve the world.

Docta,
I am fast falling in love with you man. My truth, is an elephant. kiss

7 edits?????

How many of the previous 6 versions would have got you banned?

Whistle

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Dec 2012, 5:37 pm

MrsP wrote:
Gibson wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:All we need to do, mate, is pick the pub, pick the beer (a ripping debate that would be) and then solve the world.

Docta,
I am fast falling in love with you man. My truth, is an elephant. kiss

7 edits?????

How many of the previous 6 versions would have got you banned?

Whistle

Very Happy

You have to love Gibbo Hug
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 02 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

Gibson wrote: guinness

Gobby???

Speechless????

Shocked

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

The only moderation necessary is that of posts which breach the terms and conditions of the service provider, or may be illegal anything else is just ego. If two adults want to argue let them there is no need for anyone else to get involved

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:07 pm

Disagree with that dragonbreath. I dont mind the disagreements but when it decends into personal abuse its really not a very good advertisement for the site. This site was made to encourage posters to contribute and each an every poster has a responsibility to conduct themselves in a normal and respectable manner.

Its nice to be able to attract posters from all over the world as well and increasing the numbers from the home nations but if potential new posters were to read articles propped full with personal abuse, they may not join the site.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:44 am

My advice to the mods would be to refuse to discuss decisions publicly,lock and delete any threads that do so and warn / ban folk who keep questioning the decisions.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 04 Dec 2012, 10:01 am

The mods to a great job imo. I do believe they were a bit harsh on hersh Headscratch and Roger(umpteenth username) lewis. Those two were a bit daft and had probably never set foot inside a rugby ground. Dropped a bollock by allowing awop/greghost back in tho. It was only a matter of time before he had another episode...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:49 pm

eirebilly wrote:Disagree with that dragonbreath. I dont mind the disagreements but when it decends into personal abuse its really not a very good advertisement for the site. This site was made to encourage posters to contribute and each an every poster has a responsibility to conduct themselves in a normal and respectable manner.

Its nice to be able to attract posters from all over the world as well and increasing the numbers from the home nations but if potential new posters were to read articles propped full with personal abuse, they may not join the site.

OK guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 05 Dec 2012, 7:57 am

Perhaps the Wummers can set up www.606v3.com devoted entirely to sledging and the usual suspects here (and by god, you know who you are by now) can delight in the warm waters of a devoted e-platform to abandon the irksomeness of having to discuss rugby with people who actually know about it and focus properly on comparing todger sizes and accusing fellow posters of having chubby ankles, unmarried parents, crack habits etc. OK

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 05 Dec 2012, 9:06 am

GC, apparently there's already a v3 underway and it's WUM free - sounds to good to be true, if you ask me

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

Maybe for the sake of clarity there should be just one rule when it comes to behaviour on these boards: don't be a tw@t. And how do you avoid being a tw@t? By behaving here as you would behave in real life. Don't say anything here that would earn you a slap if you said it to someone's face.

The problem is, sometimes it's enjoyable being a tw@t.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm

Breadvan wrote:The mods to a great job imo. I do believe they were a bit harsh on hersh Headscratch and Roger(umpteenth username) lewis. Those two were a bit daft and had probably never set foot inside a rugby ground. Dropped a bollock by allowing awop/greghost back in tho. It was only a matter of time before he had another episode...

Guess who's back, back again.
GG's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 04 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

I know Rolling Eyes This must mean Hersh and rogerlewis will be granted clemency and allowed back in? Hey mods....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:04 pm

Breadvan wrote:I know Rolling Eyes This must mean Hersh and rogerlewis will be granted clemency and allowed back in? Hey mods....

PantoVillain is no longer with us.

As far as RogerLewis goes, he'd have to start with a profuse, genuine personal apology for the diatribe of swearwords and abuse he's PM'd at several Mods. And even then I'd struggle with letting the puerile waste of space back.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:08 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Breadvan wrote:I know Rolling Eyes This must mean Hersh and rogerlewis will be granted clemency and allowed back in? Hey mods....

As far as RogerLewis goes, he'd have to start with a profuse, genuine personal apology for the diatribe of swearwords and abuse he's PM'd at several Mods. And even then I'd struggle with letting the puerile waste of space back.
If it is up to me, he'll have to fly to my house and face me for his apology before he gets back to 606. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm

Biltong wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

If it is up to me, he'll have to fly to my house and face me for his apology before he gets back to 606. Wink

Well said Bill...!

Seeing your stern actions with those who annoy you how about dealing with my bloody stalker...? The pedantic little twit is Blwdi relentless.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down