The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred

+3
Shelsey93
Mad for Chelsea
Gerry SA
7 posters

Go down

Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred Empty Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred

Post by Gerry SA Sun 2 Dec - 18:12

So I was just browsing on Cricinfo and to my amazement I discovered that Jadeja has now score 3 first class triple hundreds.

He's joins the elite company of Bradman, Ponsford, Hammond, Grace, Hick, Lara and Hussey.

Normally I'm all for records being matched/broken etc.

But this one doesn't sit well with me.

Jadeja, from the limited amount I've seen of him, has looked at very average batsman.

So how on Earth has he scored 300 three times?

He's only scored 7 FC hundreds. Of these 3 are 300+ and another 200 odd.

Is he merely the master of flat tracks?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred Empty Re: Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred

Post by Guest Sun 2 Dec - 18:20

its in the domestic section, and should really stay there.

Back to top Go down

Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred Empty Re: Ravindra Jadeja scores 3rd Triple Hundred

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 2 Dec - 18:33

I'd suggest the flat pitches of the Ranji trophy have something to do with that, but to give the guy credit it also suggests an aptitude for mass accumulation, so he deserves respect for that.

No way does he belong in the company of Bradman, Ponsford, Hammond, Grace, Lara though...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 2 Dec - 20:08

All credit to him, although it must be noted that 40-year old former India opening batsman Sanjay Bangar bowled 40 overs. Having said that, Murali Kartik was also part of the Railways attack.

Some young Indian players are producing some monster FC figures and I wouldn't put that entirely down to pitches: poor bowling and just a huge amount of batting talent from these new generation Indians are just as significant.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 2 Dec - 20:12

Shelsey93 wrote:... Having said that, Murali Kartik was also part of the Railways attack.

That would have tested Jadeja at the non striker's end as well! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 5 Dec - 14:24

Jadeja is not the most stylish of the young lot of batters emerging from India. But I think we have to give him credit, of his 7 FC hundreds, 3 have been above 300, another one above 200 and another knock of 170 not out. Perhaps his struggles lower down the ODI batting order with him lacking a power game would have had influenced our idea of his batting? The guy is barely 24, and at this age to score these many big knocks, has to be an achievement. The home pitch he plays is one of the flattest roads, the domestic bowling quality isn't the greatest....... but I don't think we can entirely attribute Jadeja's success to all that. How many others have built up such massive scores consistently? Ajinkya Rahane of course and he has a fine technique as well. Rohit Sharma at times and Abhinav Mukund. But not many more. Not certainly Suresh Raina. Jadeja might perform better in the longer format, although his initial billing was that of a T-20 rockstar.
Besides all these, the guy can bowl, and he's among the better fielders in India.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 5 Dec - 15:08

If he is the master of flat tracks then why isnt he playing in this test?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 5 Dec - 16:17

Because India appear to select based on reputation
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down