The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?

+6
Shelsey93
Fists of Fury
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
dummy_half
kingraf
10 posters

Go down

Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?  Empty Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:23 am

It was two years ago, so I was 16 I was playing first team for Kempton CC, we were playing some backwater club in a 2-day on an absolute road. I was going through an Adam Gilchrist phase. Came in at 13/2. and proceeded to attempt to smash everyone in sight. An edge here, Cover drive there, and a drop along the way later, I raised my bat for my 50 off 35-ish bälls. I was out 15 runs later. My word toughest thing in cricket! Its like scoring a 5-minute hat-trick.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?  Empty Re: Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?

Post by dummy_half Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:27 am

I've seen one of our openers score 100 in a 20 over a side game (without the benefit of T20 fielding restrictions). The ball was flying all over the place.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?  Empty Re: Ever tried scoring a hundred before lunch?

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

I have a few t20 tons though none at state-level. Theres something about 2-3 day matches, they seem to mess up your pacing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:00 am

dummy_half wrote:I've seen one of our openers score 100 in a 20 over a side game (without the benefit of T20 fielding restrictions). The ball was flying all over the place.

Playing a 50 over match back when I was 17 we got through to 360/5 batting first, with all of our top 5 (including me Smile ) passing 70 - though none of us managed tons. I was feeling pretty happy when I got home that evening, only for my brother (who played for our main rivals in the league) to trump me by pointing out that his team had been all out for 430 in the 42nd over, he'd scored 50 and his opening partner had scored 200. The other opener used to smoke something err relaxing, then head out to bat, he'd either get out in the 1st over or score plenty, rapidly. He did wind up getting a 10 year ban from the game for abusing an umpire and relieving himself on the pitch mind you.

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos. Always with the typos.)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:11 am

I got banned from playing for my school...we used to have 2-hour sessions in PE, and after being something like 250no after 4 hours, I came into bat for my 3rd session and I heard the teacher tell the (pupil) umpire 'make sure he gets out'. I added another 30 or so in boundaries before taking an easy single, was well in at the other end (about 10ft in), and I was given out.

I threw the bat at the teacher and stormed off to get changed. Never played for my school again Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:18 am

I know the feeling Kiwi - I once scored 226* (166) in a school game on a Saturday. So that Sunday I got to the club game very man sausage-a-hoop... Only to find out everyone batting above me also scored tons- Our #3 hit a 60-ball ton, the one opener hit 151 and the other one, in a school game hit 395!! Its the South African school record! Really depressing morning! But as you can imagine game-time: we murdered!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:20 am

I faced the guys he scored 395 against later on, they were bums! We got to 450/4 while I, got run out on 3!!! Saddest day of my cricketing life
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:24 am

You batsmen just depress me, my goal was to score 10 runs off 3 balls, I never lested mre than three balls.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:24 am

I bet you got a ton of abuse for that Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:25 am

Biltong wrote:You batsmen just depress me, my goal was to score 10 runs off 3 balls, I never lested mre than three balls.
I once told my uni coach that I could bown a bit of spin. So rather than get me in the nets, he waited until our next game, and when the first seamer came off he gave me the ball...I lasted one over, 22 runs off of it Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I bet you got a ton of abuse for that Laugh
Nope, the guys laughed their a##es off when I scored runs. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:32 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Biltong wrote:You batsmen just depress me, my goal was to score 10 runs off 3 balls, I never lested mre than three balls.
I once told my uni coach that I could bown a bit of spin. So rather than get me in the nets, he waited until our next game, and when the first seamer came off he gave me the ball...I lasted one over, 22 runs off of it Doh
I only ever played social league cricket.

Was a good left arm spinner.

My first match ever my figures were 2/14 off 5 overs.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:33 am

Azhar- yeah mate! Mainly because I was in a bit of a golden summer. think it was 6 tons in 4 weeks, one öf them a double! So of course I told everyone that- `Today I become the first south African to 400!` my mate Michael asked me wether i meant 4! Dont worry Bíltong, I know the feeling- I once got two golden ducks in a row!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:33 am

Sounds like we have some decent batsmen here!

The highlight of my batting career is 27* from 20 balls in a Twenty20!

I am a bowler though, so that partly explains why. The best feeling I've had was hitting my first six...well chuffed after I carted one over our lads in the pavilion (located handily at cow corner).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:34 am

kingraf, mate my highest score EVER was 10 not out. I felt like a champion that day.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:37 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Sounds like we have some decent batsmen here!

The highlight of my batting career is 27* from 20 balls in a Twenty20!

I am a bowler though, so that partly explains why. The best feeling I've had was hitting my first six...well chuffed after I carted one over our lads in the pavilion (located handily at cow corner).
Would have loved to score 27 runs in any innings.

But I was a rugby player, built for scrummig things into the ground. Probably explains why I wasn't a fast bowler either. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:43 am

Wish you saw me as I read that Biltong- I was convulsing like an infantile- I am a pretty decent cricketer, just had a knee injury before provincial week, so I couldnt try out for the SA U/19. No gurantee Id make it, as my buddy Jurie didnt and he had 2 centuries in Provincial week! May come to England to play some club, and make ít the Faf du Plessis way.. or maybe the KP way?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:51 am

What school did you go to kingraf.

You should know Carmi le Roux?

It is a mate of mine's son.

He just spent the summer in England playing for a county team there.

If you want I can get you his contact details, he is a seam bowler, finished school (KES) in 2011. He has trained with the Lions a bit, he went to school with Quinton de Kock, but didn't make the SA U19 team, Ray Jennings even wrote a letter to the selectors complaining why Carmi wasn't selected.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:51 am

My cricketing career ended at uni sadly, I've only played one club game since Sad

After the 2003 World Cup I wrote to various cricketing authorities in Canada, asking them what facilities they had, chances of a job/accommodation etc. Montreal offered me a place in their first team, a f/t job at the club house, and a room with the club secretary and his family. They'd never seen me play, didn't know whether I was a batsman/bowler, or anything Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

My cricketing career isn't worth talking about - the highlights with the bat thus far are 19 not out against a 9-man team of gereatrics, and a gallant and ultimately futile hour-long 6 against the best bowling attack we've come across.

However, last year our 1st XI played a match against a team two divisions higher than them in the Cup. We were missing a few stalwarts, and had the misfortune to be playing on the flattest postage stamp in the county.

To add to that a guy called Rob Walters who was on the fringes of Essex 2nd XI was opening the batting for the opposition. In a match reduced to 45 overs per side (because some of our team were late) he plundered 243*, and his opening partner 150* in a devastating 406-0.

To our credit we made a good effort at the chase, and 296 was one of the highest scores our 1st XI had ever reached.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

I'd be lucky to score a hundred before lunch on stick cricket.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:13 am

Ja Biltong- I dont know him, but Im not suprised he got a raw deal in the selection process. Lance Moore, the left-armer yOu may have seen open the bowling during the U/19 WC, is the worst cricketer I have ever played with or against. He goes 7 an over in club matches. Its an open secret he got there because of external, uh pressures. As for Ray, well, he is always making some form of complaint. I have a contact I made during a 2010 Tour to England, though I didnt impress (The Duke swings vicious), he offered me a stint in Glamorgan club league. Just waiting on paperwork
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Politics, will it ever go away in SA cricket?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:23 am

Doubt it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:26 am

I hit 57 in a 10 over beer game. That's as good as it gets.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:26 am

Was that 57 beers or runs? Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:28 am

10 beers and 57 bags of crisps Drool
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:33 am

We're looking for a new OP this year although funds are fairly tight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:10 pm

Only times I have played time games was at school a couple of years ago and best not to go there, put in to open against the MCC and told to stick around and have people bat around me.... 2nd ball duck Laugh The other time think I was run out after 1 ball when my partner called for a run when I hit the ball straight at square leg. Just play league cricket now in Somerset and closest I can get to the title would be a hundred I hit in league cricket which I was opening and was out in the 28th over having only faced 70 or 80 balls for my 125.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

I made a ton knocking off 180 in 22 overs in a friendly. It was just one of those days where everything went right for me after I was dropped on my first ball!

Although there have been two instances for a team a few divisions below me who are a third team and they had a 17 year old Kiwi over who played for them due their Ones already having a pro. He made 153* out of 161 one week, and then a double ton in 150 odd of 40 overs the week later... A few years earlier they had done the same with a South African pro (Warrick Flynn) who made a double ton for their third team. Mental.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down