The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu

+19
thebluesmancometh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Morgannwg
dummy_half
Biltong
Breadvan
emack2
mr_stonelea
Adam
tigerleghorn
bluestonevedder
rodders
doctor_grey
asoreleftshoulder
HammerofThunor
Ozzy3213
LondonTiger
No 7&1/2
dragonbreath
23 posters

Go down

England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu Empty England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu

Post by dragonbreath Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

Seems that the euphoria following the win against NZ is exactly the same as when they beat Aus in 2010. A victory gained in very similar style but which was not see again until Saturday. England's limitations are the same as they were before the NZ game. One swallow and all that. Enjoy it but remember what has happened to Wales. Pride comes before a fall.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu Empty Re: England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:01 pm

I must have missed Wales' victory against the All Blacks. And Aus for that matter.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu Empty Re: England beat NZ world at their feet. Deja Vu

Post by LondonTiger Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:05 pm

I think most people are being fairly grounded - just enthused about the win.

Not seen anyone yet making any claims about what this will mean for the 6Ns etc.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:06 pm

What a wondefully insightful article!!!

Oh dear!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

You mean the same group that got over-excited with the 2010 wins are getting over-excited now? Who cares? Granted the media have to build them up as much as possible, after all they want to sell papers slagging them off when they have a bit of a dip (or a larger one).

Or are you talking about the players/coaches? All I've heard is that they're happy with the win but it's meaningless if they don't back it up in the 6 nations.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:11 pm

No need to make an article here,have a bit of class and congratulate the English.They've done something no other team has managed in over a year.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:14 pm

LondonTiger wrote:I think most people are being fairly grounded - just enthused about the win.

Not seen anyone yet making any claims about what this will mean for the 6Ns etc.
completely agree. if anything, people are being cautious and realistic.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:14 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:No need to make an article here,have a bit of class and congratulate the English.They've done something no other team has managed in over a year.

+ 1

Incredible result. Credit where it's due. I'm not sure any side has managed to beat the ABs so convincingly in the pro era let alone the past year! Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:16 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:No need to make an article here,have a bit of class and congratulate the English.They've done something no other team has managed in over a year.

Nice one Soreleftshoulder, thank you.

No one with any sense is reading too much into this victory, it's more of a relief that we know this squad are capable of playing like their coach has had the public believe they can. Finally things seemed to click and we've seen the potential.

But, then again, there are always a few foregin posters who have to try and pee on someone elses parade. Hope it's giving you a kick OK

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

dragonbreath wrote:Seems that the euphoria following the win against NZ is exactly the same as when they beat Aus in 2010. A victory gained in very similar style but which was not see again until Saturday. England's limitations are the same as they were before the NZ game. One swallow and all that. Enjoy it but remember what has happened to Wales. Pride comes before a fall.

Love it, just love it. Keep em coming.

I haven't seen any English over reaction on here just joy and astonishment with the win. Is that o.k? do you or your fellow countrymen ever behave in the same way?

Bit sad really.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm

If some fans and sections of the media inevitably get a bit carried away, then you can bet your bottom dollar that Lancaster wont - for all of his inexperience as a coach, he has to be one of the most humble and grounded men in world rugby.

The sensationalist boom and bust attitude of some press and fans does rile me up, though. Very, very fine margins between victory and defeat at this level of sport - lots of guys finding themselves heroes one week and pariahs the next when, in reality, they've given their all and put their bodies on the line for the cause...

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

It's just a joy to see the back pages full of rugby and not some football controversy. I think the point is, that England beat comprehensively not Australia (who we have a good record against - we beat them twice in 2010 remember). Not an under-prepared South Africa (as we did in 2006 I think).

The point is, this was a full strength All Black team that was beaten. The All Blacks. There aren't too many rugby players who have that on their CV. The self belief in those England players must now be huge.

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:What a wondefully insightful article!!!

Oh dear!!!

Glad to see sarcasm is still allowed here, or is that exclusively the domain of the gods of moderation.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 12:51 pm

Great win,feed hard on the ground,Australia 3Ns final Match then what happened in RWC?Boks 2009 what happened 2010? next year is another year.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:01 pm

picard Stop getting sucked in by the media then! We're (on here anyways) elated over the result but to quote the Wolf from Pulp Fiction "Well lets not start sucking each others d censored ks just yet".
Build on this win and go from here to a Good 6 Nations campaign...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

dragonbreath wrote:

Oh dear!!!

Glad to see sarcasm is still allowed here, or is that exclusively the domain of the gods of moderation.

Oh dear x 2. You're hurting aren't you dragonbreath?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

Well I know of some supporters that will simply croak if their team ever beat the All Blacks. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:13 pm

Let's be honest - it was a very good and very surprising win. Last England victory (in any sport) that had me feeling this way was the 5-1 football win in Germany. I'm still struggling to accept that either of these really happened (unlike our 2002 victories over the ABs and other Tri-Nations teams, which at the time I considered 'job done' in terms of proving that that England team was the best in the world at the time).

There are signs that the team is really coming together, particularly in the forwards - they matched SA in the physical contest and it was only those 'fine margins' that made the difference between a win and a loss, and then they backed it up with a fantastic intense effort against the ABs.

There are still issues with England's team, although at least we currently seem to be heading in the right direction - mostly a young and quite inexperienced line-up, whose confidence should be hugely swelled by this win. Let's though see how we get on in a couple of months time when the 6Ns starts. One win, no matter how good it looks to be, is only the result on one day. Doesn't count for anything when we take the field against Scotland in a few weeks time.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:54 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:
dragonbreath wrote:

Oh dear!!!

Oh dear x 2. You're hurting aren't you dragonbreath?

Actually I wanted England to win prematch and said as much on these boards. I count myself among those who are tired of the antics of NZ and the preferential almost deferential treatment they get (as if its not enought they are "usually" so much better than everyone else to start with) from refs and governing bodies. So no I am not hurting, well not about the England result anyway. However if that scoreline is replicated in Cardiff come the 6 nations, oh yes that will hurt.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

It was a mighty achievement, the impossible mission. It shouldn't be forgotten just like that. I think it might give them the confidence they need to win the 6 Nations as the England psyche is different to ours. The fans so far have kept their feet on the ground (bar a couple).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:05 pm

Biltong wrote:Well I know of some supporters that will simply croak if their team ever beat the All Blacks. Whistle

Yeah when was the last time SA beat them? Hug

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:05 pm

I find this thread a touch distastefull, and you've let yourself become fodder for the wums (just take a look at any thread where I'm not raving about the England performance)

I like to think of it as such, had Wales done the same thing under any circumstances?

I'd still be drunk, missed work, would be booking my flight to NZ to rub it in to each and every kiwi I came across. So I will forgive any Englishman of getting a little carried away OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:09 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Biltong wrote:Well I know of some supporters that will simply croak if their team ever beat the All Blacks. Whistle

Yeah when was the last time SA beat them? Hug
Last year, three tests ago. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

Quote thebluesmancometh:

"So I will forgive any Englishman of getting a little carried away"

Who's that then?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

I like to think of it as such, had Wales done the same thing under any circumstances?

I'd still be drunk, missed work, would be booking my flight to NZ to rub it in to each and every kiwi I came across.
Or croaked. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

I certainly would not croak, I'd have way too many Kiwi people to visit first... Laugh

Tiger

troll all you want mate #epicfail

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I find this thread a touch distastefull, and you've let yourself become fodder for the wums (just take a look at any thread where I'm not raving about the England performance)

I'd still be drunk, missed work, would be booking my flight to NZ to rub it in to each and every kiwi I came across. So I will forgive any Englishman of getting a little carried away OK

And quite right too....and the day Wales/Ireland/Scotland beat the All Blacks, I'm heading straight to the party...actually I'm a little disappointed that the response to Saturday isn't over the top...we demolished the All Blacks for goodness sake...where's the parade?

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

Stone

The parades on it's way, but apparently there was an outbreak of noro... Run

ONLY JOKING

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

Well I'm not one for "let's not get carried away", "let's see how the 6 nations goes", "it's all about RWC2015"....we should just enjoy the moment for what it is.

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

And you deserve to stone, don't let anyone take anything away from you celt or English wum (and there are plenty)

Hope your hangover wasn't too bad and the 6N becomes a battle royale with England able to perform like that every game OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:43 pm

I'd still be drunk, missed work, would be booking my flight to NZ to rub it in to each and every kiwi I came across. So I will forgive any Englishman of getting a little carried away

Bluesman...i am currently suffering a two day hangover...way too many shots etc on saturday...cant remember anything...but aparently left my lass in the bar on her own at 1am and just went home...without even telling her...so im mister popular...and i currently have the beer depressions...or as i call them ....the heebeejeebies....

Monday from HELL.... Crying or Very sad

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

ahhhh but that's the 6 nations for you...when isn't it a battle royale?

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:47 pm

If we are talking déja vu, I'm disappointed there is not a triumphal DVD already. RFU 'planning' has let us down again.
If I spot the DVD .. well Ruby... I'll buy us one each ok ? thumbsup

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:47 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
I'd still be drunk, missed work, would be booking my flight to NZ to rub it in to each and every kiwi I came across. So I will forgive any Englishman of getting a little carried away

Bluesman...i am currently suffering a two day hangover...way too many shots etc on saturday...cant remember anything...but aparently left my lass in the bar on her own at 1am and just went home...without even telling her...so im mister popular...and i currently have the beer depressions...or as i call them ....the heebeejeebies....

Monday from HELL.... Crying or Very sad

I feel your pain. I seem to be doing a lot of involuntary shaking and shivering. I blame the Aussies I was with who if anything were happier that NZ lost than I was that England had won!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:02 pm

I think this victory over the All Blacks is only relevant for when we play the SH teams again - knowing that if we get it right, we can knock them over.

It is largely irrelevant for when we visit Cardiff or Dublin in the spring. The 6 nations is a different beast entirely, as Wales have proven.

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 03 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

Well i think we will draw on the last game v irerland and that game in ireland tbh..

I think we could well have dispelled that hoodo!! fingers crossed anyhow!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:28 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I certainly would not croak, I'd have way too many Kiwi people to visit first... Laugh

Tiger

troll all you want mate #epicfail

Trolling? Now that's a subject to which I'll bow to your superior knowledge given your differing standpoint in two threads discussing the England game.

You're my vote for "consistency of thought Mod" on #epicfail

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:40 pm

Oh boo hoo bath and Geordie!!!

Monday from hell indeed, do you realise how long Ive had sober since my last monday from hell? A long time!!!!

I do sometimes miss rocking up to work with the shakes, constant bathroom breaks and clockwatching before bedtime!!!

Although Geordie I tend to do the opposite to you, go out with freinds (Missus is Irish and isn't allowed to celebrate Wales victories) and then pester the missus to meet up with us.

Last time was the France GS game, she drove to Cardiff to pick me up at 2am and I was jogging to Chepstow to get her, she managed to find me entering the hard shoulder on the M4 near Tredegar house, very out of breath and bleeding feet!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:42 pm

To be fair on TLH he isnt trolling, they just consider that polite and normal in Hinkley.

"At least arent from Barwell"

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh boo hoo bath and Geordie!!!

Monday from hell indeed, do you realise how long Ive had sober since my last monday from hell? A long time!!!!

I do sometimes miss rocking up to work with the shakes, constant bathroom breaks and clockwatching before bedtime!!!

Although Geordie I tend to do the opposite to you, go out with freinds (Missus is Irish and isn't allowed to celebrate Wales victories) and then pester the missus to meet up with us.

Last time was the France GS game, she drove to Cardiff to pick me up at 2am and I was jogging to Chepstow to get her, she managed to find me entering the hard shoulder on the M4 near Tredegar house, very out of breath and bleeding feet!!

Bluesman, did you see Powell on the M4 ? he would have given you a lift

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:47 pm

Laugh gregor

In the state I was in I probably wouldve been too much for him.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm

gregortree wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh boo hoo bath and Geordie!!!

Bluesman, did you see Powell on the M4 ? he would have given you a lift

Haha! I have an image of a robinson crusoe type character stumbling along the side of the road!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:12 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:To be fair on TLH he isnt trolling, they just consider that polite and normal in Hinkley.

"At least arent from Barwell"

Very Happy Barwell, now there's a place to strike fear in to man and beast.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down