The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 5 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

I laffed alot during the dictator- however I was really let down by the fact it was just a typical comedy , not in the spoof style of bruno or boart!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Morgannwg Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

I didn't watch all of the Dictator. I turned it off because it was that rubbish. Come on Sacha, change the record.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:35 pm

Watching Fast 5. It's a guilty pleasure but I love this film
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:18 pm

Watching The Shining on itv4
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:46 am

Finally got round to seeing Django- simply brilliant, I loved every moment of it.

Christopher Waltz as per usual was excellent, and Foxx was very good too.

DiCaprio I thought was the best of the bunch. Refreshing to see him play a villain for once, and he suited it brilliantly.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:48 am

Dicaprio is my supporting actor for the year in that role.. I cant believe he has been snubbed for the oscars!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 07 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Yeh, he at least deserved to be nominated- but then again, it is a Taratino movie!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:25 pm

Kingpin , i love this film it never fails to make me laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:55 pm

Yeah really good comedy..

woody is really good in that one.. Love the munson mormon dude an all..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 08 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

Just watched Hero ............................................. hope he doesn't take out an injunction on me Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

Kenny wrote:Just watched Hero ............................................. hope he doesn't take out an injunction on me Wink

Depends what he was doing at the time I suppose?

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 08 Feb 2013, 10:36 pm

Les Miserables (wasn't my choice!). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Russel Crowe is truly awful though.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

Skydriver wrote:Life of Pi.

Beautiful visuals, but not a story which strongly resonates with me. Not that surprised about the latter, as read the book 8 or so years ago and couldn't remember anything about it pretty much as soon as finished (other than there being a tiger called Richard Parker).

Forget life of pi and watch Pi instead( directed by Darren Aronofsky)
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

I also imlore everyone to watch Julian Donkey Boy.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:31 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:I also imlore everyone to watch Julian Donkey Boy.

Thought it was brilliant, quite enjoy Harmony Korine's films, Gummo's my favourite.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 12:27 pm

I don't really watch movies unless the Mrs wants too. Thankfully that's not very often.

When I do actually sit down and choose a film, I'm very careful because I'm bit of a "film snob". I'm not a snob in real life, just a normal working class lad but I pride myself on never having seen a Transformers, Fast and Furious, Superhero Movie, Bourne or Bond...or any other such pap.

I watched JDB not only because it was a Harmony Korine film but because I'm a huge Werner Herzog fan. I love seeing him on the other side of the camera. Mesmerizing.

Gummo is fantastic.

Another great film (albeit slightly weird... therefore quite possibly up your street?)

Bad Boy Bubby

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 09 Feb 2013, 1:52 pm

Have seen Bad Boy Bubby - good call as it was right up my street.

Not seen too many films directed by Werner Herzog although I have bought about 6 which I'm always planning to watch but never do. The one I did watch though was Even Dwarves Started Small which is a work of mad genius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm

Last film I saw was Les Miserables. Good film, Crowe didn't ruin it like I expected.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 10 Feb 2013, 12:35 am

Watching Porky's now on channel 4 , classic absolute classic
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

Spirited Away - didn't expect much & not sure why I put it on the rental list but it turned out to be a little gem, 2 hours of sheer fascination & the song at the end just about had me in bits.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Lincoln, 9/10. Daniel Day Lewis is amazing.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:04 am

Any one interested in Quantum Mechanics and it's relationship with your reality/consciousness?

If so, try "What The BLEEP Do We Know".

Not sure if you're interested

Watch this small clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

(the rest of the film is not a cartoon)
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:37 am

Sharky

Yeah how does DDL do it!!!

How does someone transend themselve into someone else like that. He blows me away every time. And although LIncoln as the subject bores me. I watch all of DDL's films religiously.

I wouldnt give the film a 9/10- maybe a 7/10- but a must watch for lovers of acting!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm

I watched "Flight" last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It isn't the most exciting film, but then you wouldn't expect it to be given the circumstances.

The plane crash was realistic and both enthralling and horrifying; Denzel gives one of those performances that just glues you to the screen. It's no surprise he's been nominated for his brilliant portrayal of a pilot with personal issues. Great supporting cast too, although John Goodman's character is slightly OTT.

Well worth a watch.

8/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:30 pm

yeah agree with that bouncey..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:12 pm

mystiroakey I was just completely encapsulated by his performance. I will admit a slight ignorance towards american history of the civil war and the 13th amendmant so I found it somewhat informative also.

It just make's me want to watch more DDL films now. One of the greatest actors of all time in my opinion.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:21 pm

I have seen them all, and yes follow your instinct Sharky- watch them!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

Has Day Lewis made a bad film or acted badly in one?

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:32 pm

Nine was his worst I would say!

but

there will be blood
gangs of new york
my beautifull laundrette
boxer
in the name of my father
lincoln
jack and rose
my left foot
the last of the mouhicans
a room with a view

are all top draw performances.And he should be winning his 3rd oscar soon enough!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:40 pm

Last Of the Mohicans. Now that was a terrific film.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:24 pm

Rated Tommy Lee Jones' performance in Lincoln as well, he was impressive but Daniel Day Lewis was brilliant as well.

Was wondering what that film with Bradley Cooper was about that was nominated for countless BAFTA's the other night? Looked like rubbish from the snippets but then that might just be my ignorance?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:32 pm

No really good film imo.. silver lining playbooks. My fav film of the year..good job by cooper as well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:33 pm

I watched Playback on Sky at the weekend. Same old teen horror.

5/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:52 pm

Saw Flight, agree thought it was great but think it should have ended about ten mins before it did
Spoiler:
. Denzel was class, yeah Goodmans character was a bit ott but still thought he was really funny.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:45 pm

Going to give Jack Reacher a view soon. Haven't long downloaded it. Really want to see Django at the cinema, and now that I got time nobody wants to come along with me Sad.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:49 pm

the rip is fine ..

or go cinema on your own.. its not as bad as it sounds!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:00 am

Nah I'd look well sad lol.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:01 am

dont worry about it... go in disguise!!

hehe

anyway - as i said the rips decent

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:06 am

What's the rips pal? I got around to seeing pursuit of happyness and 7 pounds btw Very Happy. Both good.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:12 am

you can dl django(i take it thats what your doing with reacher)

oh yeah you did! cool

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:40 am

Yes I am with Reacher, I thought it looked fairly gash so not bothering with it in the cinema. But I'd like to Django on the big screen. Can I borrow 7 pounds for a ticket?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:44 am

Wink

did those will smith films make you cry mogs?

7 pounds got to me..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:50 am

Nah they didn't pal. Was somewhat let down by Pursuit. Expected to see Gardner's life in more detail and then parts of his life afterwards, meeting Mandela for example. I'm even considering the book now, and I hate books.

I can't remember my last tear-jerker... King Kong maybe (the original).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

Beasts of the Southern Wild - was pretty much style over substance, poetic narrative with arty cinematograpy, lucky for me I'm a sucker for just that type of film so enjoyed it immensely

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:32 pm

I had the misfortune of sitting through The Sweeney last night. My my. You could tell it was directed by a mate of Danny Dyer's. The film itself was so far removed from anything that would happen in the real world it was laughable.

Ray Winstone as Regan was basically Ray Winstone i.e. he went around calling people horrible names and punching or nutting them. The plot was paper thin and there were many examples of "how could they be so thick??!!" coming from my sofa.

Decision making by the characters was just plain ridiculous and then there were the continuity errors and/or just generally stupid mistakes. Regan is on the way to a bank robbery; it is the morning and the bank is open. Somehow he is able to drive along the Embankment in London at 60+mph and there is NO traffic. And of course people hid behind cars & furniture during shoot-outs and naturally were completely unharmed.

The only good things in it were Ben Drew (playing himself as usual) and Hayley Atwell (although she should have known better than to take this part). Even Damian Lewis obviously needed to pay the Gas Bill, as he was utterly anonymous as Haskins.

Please avoid this utter piece of total horse manure. Watch an episode or two of the original TV series with Thaw & Waterman on ITV4. It will be a far better way to spend 2 hours.

3/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm

I enjoyed the sweeny but it was so basic.. you know it was like a pilot of a tv show trying to find its way..

I was so underwhelmed by it all.

I didnt hate it the way you did but 5.5/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:45 pm

This is 40 - good comedy based on the married couple from knocked up. Unfortunately a bit disjointed as there's no real storyline and its hard to sympathise with the couple when they have so much.

Wreck it Ralph- very good family film with plenty in it for everyone. The geek in me hoped for more cameos from more famous characters but it was still very good.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:04 am

Battle Los Angeles

Wasn't sure quite what to expect from this as I had only seen a brief trailer, but all in all, not a bad movie. It's the usual "Aliens invade Earth, America saves the world" stuff, but done in a much grittier POV way.

Good acting from Aaron Eckhart as the Staff Sergeant and whilst his supporting cast isn't fantastic, they do a good enough job to keep you entertained. As expected from this type of movie there are a fair few hats on the floor by the end.

It's pretty much Independence Day without the bull...

7/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

Rise of the Footsoldier.

This sums it up perfectly: "A peculiar but decidedly ordinary addition to the British thug genre."

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

Naked.

Bleak Bleak Bleak british film.. yep one of them.. some good performances though, however claire skinner wound me up in her part.. 7/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next