The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 13 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 13 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Stella Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

Kenny wrote:Dark Tide

Halle Berry swimming with sharks , apart from the bikini scenes not worth watching

I started to watch it then thought 'nah'
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 13 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm

Stella wrote:
Kenny wrote:Dark Tide

Halle Berry swimming with sharks , apart from the bikini scenes not worth watching

I started to watch it then thought 'nah'

wish i had
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 08 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

westisbest wrote:Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.

Poor. Although I do find Gemma Arterton attractive.

Watched it on Saturday.  Wasn't expecting much & was pleasantly surprised, the film doesn't take itself too seriously and I do occasionally enjoy a film that doesn't require brains (unless they're being smeared all over the place).  Not exactly top 100 material but you can't really go wrong with witches, blood and guts and Gemma Arterton.

7/10 on The Galted Scale Of Excellence

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 08 Jul 2013, 11:54 pm

The Count of Monte Cristo. Not as good as the book but solid with some moments of pure badass and a lovely performance from Richard Harris
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:05 am

Two in the last few nights:

Jack Reacher - 8/10. good action thriller, although there is the obvious flaw that Reacher is supposed to be 6'5 and built like a rugby player, but is played by Tom Cruise. There are a couple of scenes that would work better if he was physically intimidating.

Source Code - 7/10. A bit Quantum Leap meets Groundhog Day, as Jake Gyllenhall gets to relive the same 8 minutes in an attempt to stop a terrorist attack. Would have liked the ending to be more ambiguous, but decently entertaining.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:08 am

Source Code would have been twice as good if it had finished 15 mins earlier. The ending is literally that galling
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:27 am

Envy - 1/10

Ben Stiller with Jack Black and Christopher Walkin: Jack and Ben are both neighbours and friends. Jack invents a spray with make poo disappear, gets rich and Ben is not happy, unfunny series events ensues. Please avoid.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:36 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Source Code would have been twice as good if it had finished 15 mins earlier. The ending is literally that galling

Agree - should have ended with the long pause and then just a couple of seconds of resumed movement.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:58 pm

evil dead remake good but i think still the old evil dead two best film

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

Seven Psycopaths - really enjoyed it and had a couple of good twists. It's a strong cast and they all seem to be having a lot of fun with it, would definitely recommend.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

Just watched Goon. The ice hockey one. Just saw it online and gave it a go, had never heard about it before. Not bad at all, rather enjoyed it.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

Audition. Wish I hadn't bothered.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:Just watched Goon. The ice hockey one. Just saw it online and gave it a go, had never heard about it before. Not bad at all, rather enjoyed it.

Really like that movie, was quite surprising as wasn't expecting much

Went to see Now you see me last night

Enjoyed it, parts of it were trying to be too clever and I think the reveal at the end is a bit obvious but all in all it was decent

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

Hero. Brilliant, beautiful film with a heartfelt if controversial message. A+
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Hero. Brilliant, beautiful film with a heartfelt if controversial message. A+
Brown noser Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

Getting in with the Chinese early for the invasion, Azzy, it's the smart thing to do, and we all know they spy on our websites.

Or is that Obama?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

Both I'm sure, but I was referring to our founding father on here Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

watched The Campaign today

bit daft but i did laugh at a bit which probably i shouldn't of as it wasn't very pc
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

Kenny wrote:watched The Campaign today

bit daft but i did laugh at a bit which probably i shouldn't of as it wasn't very pc

it is funny though, obviously non-Ferrell fans won't think so but I was laughing throughout it

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 7:12 pm

Watching Star Wars.

This must be on at least 4/5 times a year.

Never get tired of it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:21 pm

Monsters University. It was pure gold. Definitely lived up to Monsters Inc!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 7:33 pm

Watched Goon after others mentioned it.

Really good. Does anyone know if this is realistic-If it is what a sport!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm

One Night in Turin. A brilliant, masterful, overview of England's Italia 90 campaign. One that was very nearly a Roy of the Rovers story come true. I still think we'll beat West Germany when ever I watch it. Lovely stuff.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

Duty281 wrote:One Night in Turin. A brilliant, masterful, overview of England's Italia 90 campaign. One that was very nearly a Roy of the Rovers story come true. I still think we'll beat West Germany when ever I watch it. Lovely stuff.

Have you seen My Summer with Des Duty?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfPqvKnNFQ4

Right up your street.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:19 pm

Yeah classic. Neil morrisey and rachael Wiess! I was in love with her after watching that film..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:21 pm

Haven't watched it in years Myst but remember it being quite good. You can't get it anywhere apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:28 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Duty281 wrote:One Night in Turin. A brilliant, masterful, overview of England's Italia 90 campaign. One that was very nearly a Roy of the Rovers story come true. I still think we'll beat West Germany when ever I watch it. Lovely stuff.

Have you seen My Summer with Des Duty?

Right up your street.

No I haven't. Looks like it's worth a watch though.

Thanks for that mate, I owe you one. thumbsup 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:44 pm

They have it on you tube Freek..

in 10 min parts

First part above ^^^^

Nostalgia!! Smile

Doh i notice you have allready posted that!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:48 pm

I watched 13 Assassins on Netflix recently. It's in Japanese with English subtitles, though still a very good watch.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 14 Jul 2013, 9:31 pm

Redemption, not Jason Stathams best.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 9:59 am

Despicable Me 2 (with the kids obviously). Good fun.

Kaboom. Still uncertain about this one. Too messy to be very good, but not badly made.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:07 am

Why obviously !!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:58 pm

Because I won't admit to wanting to see it myself!!

Me and some friends went to see Bambi at a local cinema when we were 19 years old (I'd never seen it). We went to the evening showing, so not too many kids around, but still got funny looks!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

bhb001 wrote:Because I won't admit to wanting to see it myself!!

Me and some friends went to see Bambi at a local cinema when we were 19 years old (I'd never seen it). We went to the evening showing, so not too many kids around, but still got funny looks!!

I watched DuckTales: The Movie on my own in 1990 (I was in university at the time). The cinema was pretty full except for all the seats around me - all the mums accompanying their kids kept glancing nervously/angrily at me. It was awkward.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

laughing

Awww..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 3:50 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

laughing

Awww..

Yes, it went something like that!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:29 pm

Watched World War Z today. Im not sure what to make of it as a film, but its a delightful way to learn that Brad Pitt a good looking 50-year old, which I assume is the point of the film.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:25 am

On the plane to Korea watched the Dark Knight (again): still a great film even though I know it backwards now. It will be interesting to see how this is remembered in 10, 20, 30 years time. Some criticisms of the film suggest it's too long, but I never felt it dragged, and not sure what storyline you could cut. In my view definitely one of the best films made in the last 10 years.

For some reason I watched superman II recently also. Quite refreshing to see a film which doesn't take itself particularly seriously; good fun, very cheesy and some lol moments.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm

Watched World War Z, enjoyable enough but not worth forking out to go cinema to see it.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:09 pm

I went to see Now You See Me. It has a great cast: Caine, Freeman, Ruffalo, Eisenberg, Harrelson & Isla Fisher and the premise is for a great movie. It doesn't quite work out that way. I saw the twist coming a mile away and three quarters of the way through it loses its way.

I came away with a real sense of "That could've been so much more". 6/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:36 am

Just watched training day, hadn't seen it since it first game out. Think its a decent film but one that does get massively overrated imo. For me its just alright

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 17 Jul 2013, 9:46 am

Watched the Hunger Games last night. Not quite as good as the book but still a pretty good film. Jennifer Lawrence very well casted played the role perfectly.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 17 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

Training Day is a brilliant film!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 17 Jul 2013, 7:27 pm

Pacific Rim.

I've heard that audience reaction so far is pretty tepid (the only reason I might attribute is the lack of star power in the cast list), but I thought it was very good.

Alien monsters ("kaiju") come to destroy the planet through a dimensional rift in the Pacific Ocean, humanity fights back with mega-robots ("jaegers"). Choc full of cliches and plot holes, but I'm happy to overlook those given some of the trimmings (e.g. some pretty interesting sci fi concepts, an effort to show some of the wider impact of the kaiju and jaegers on society) and great value summer entertainment.

Stripped down to its core, you could probably describe this as a big budget B movie. However, I rate this much higher than say Independence Day (which I would describe similarly).

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:08 am

Sorry dude but I hated it for the points you reference; cliches and plot holes. Add to that some of the dodgiest acting I have seen in a while. I didn't really find it entertaining because it was too predictable which spoilt the enjoyment for me

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:21 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Training Day is a brilliant film!!!

Have to agree. Especially with Denzel playing the bad guy. Great performance

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:27 pm

bhb001 wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Training Day is a brilliant film!!!

Have to agree. Especially with Denzel playing the bad guy. Great performance

think the hype might have spoiled it for me, i just thought it was decent not brilliant. he won a oscar for it but could be any performance from denzil playing the angry black man. preferred man on fire than training day

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm

watched the croods last night . animated cave man film that was really good

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:10 pm

Watched the midnight showing of The World's End last night and it lives up to the previous two for sure, Eddie Marsan as Peter Page steals the film for me with a hilarious performance.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:14 pm

Monsters University- less charming but far funnier than the first one. Good film. A-
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next