The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 12 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:29 pm

Watched Bullet To The Head a few nights ago. Not great but not awful, probably 6/10. It's your typical Stallone "switch your brain off at the door" movie.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Hoggy_Bear Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:06 pm

Just saw Man of Steel.
Quite good, but didn't have the humour of the Avengers or the style of X-Men: First Class for me, so lacked a bit in comparison to those two.
Spoiler:

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:58 pm

Just watching Jaws 3 as am typing and I can't beleave that when I was younger I was terrified of that rubber shark but I suppose that it was good ish back then lol.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:27 pm

Blade wrote:Just watching Jaws 3 as am typing and I can't beleave that when I was younger I was terrified of that rubber shark but I suppose that it was good ish back then lol.
No. It has NEVER been good. Or good-ish. It's always been rubbish.

PS Sharks don't growl... Laugh

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:31 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:

Blade wrote:Just watching Jaws 3 as am typing and I can't beleave that when I was younger I was terrified of that rubber shark but I suppose that it was good ish back then lol.

No. It has NEVER been good. Or good-ish. It's always been rubbish.

PS Sharks don't growl... Laugh

Lmao thought not.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:20 pm

watched Dark Shadows today , thought it was awful
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Sat 22 Jun 2013, 8:17 am

Bloodsport -van damme at his best
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 9:17 pm

Just finished watching Django Unchained. Great film, thought Di Caprio was brilliant.

I read somewhere that in the scene where he smothers the slaves face in blood he actually slit his hand open and just carried on, apparently this was the take that Tarrentino kept in the film.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:02 pm

This afternoon I watched a DVD I'd borrowed from a friend called At Close Range. It's a brilliant US drama from 1986 starring Sean Penn, his real life brother Chris and Christopher Walken as their father. It's bascially about two young men reacquainted with their estranged father and they become intrigued by his life of crime. Walken is fantastic as the sadistic, devious dad...and Sean Penn is just as class as he always is. I'd highly recommend it - and it doesn't look dated because it's set in the late '70s, but that's not made obvious. Soundtrack's lovely too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:16 pm

Cari wrote:This afternoon I watched a DVD I'd borrowed from a friend called At Close Range.  It's a brilliant US drama from 1986 starring Sean Penn, his real life brother Chris and Christopher Walken as their father.  It's bascially about two young men reacquainted with their estranged father and they become intrigued by his life of crime.  Walken is fantastic as the sadistic, devious dad...and Sean Penn is just as class as he always is.  I'd highly recommend it - and it doesn't look dated because it's set in the late '70s, but that's not made obvious.  Soundtrack's lovely too.

Thought the performances were very good but the film plodded a bit, liked the soundtrack but it was a bit overused.  Always enjoy Christopher Walken but Sean Penn was great in this, far prefer the days before he decided acting was all about bawling your eyes out whenever the camera's pointed at you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

watched gone baby gone, enjoyed it but one little thing nagged me:

Spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

All this talk of 80's films got me to watch The Fly on Sky Movies Greats lastnight
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm

Compelling - At his age? No, easier to steal a child and risk professional ruin and prison.

Anyway, watched "Julia X" this morning. Serial killer picks up woman after meeting her online and abducts her with a view to doing serial killer stuff. Turns out she's a bit of a handful as she's a serial killer who...picks up victims after meeting them online.

It's balls...don't waste your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

St George's Day

Cliche's aplenty but ok, and a good ironing film.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Compelling - At his age? No, easier to steal a child and risk professional ruin and prison.

Anyway, watched "Julia X" this morning. Serial killer picks up woman after meeting her online and abducts her with a view to doing serial killer stuff. Turns out she's a bit of a handful as she's a serial killer who...picks up victims after meeting them online.

It's balls...don't waste your time.
Spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:29 pm

The actual book is brilliant and it covers Angie Gennaro's conflict about returning the kidnapped girl extremely well. Her character (from what I recall of the film) is cruelly overlooked

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:19 pm

Yeah they mainly focused in on the lad, barely git a sniff of what was going on with her other than at the car where a breif scene tells him to leave the girl where she is. Might have to try the book

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

Man of Steel - I was disappointed and couldn't wait for it to end.
They've tried to move Clark/Superman away from being cheesey, which they succeeded at. However the films itself and a number of the supporting characters are still cheesey. I like the fact that they covered the history of Krypton and some Kryptonians, but it seems like it was all too much crammed in to a short space of time. The action scenes were uninspiring and I literally got bored of people being thrown through buildings after 30 seconds. To top it off the indestructible Zod was felled by a simple neck-break.
I haven't met many people who have seen it, nor have I met many people who share my opinion so feel free to tear apart...

I'm going to watch Romeo is Bleeding shortly, hopefully that's good.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:56 pm

They did try to put too much in Saint, really it had the story from the original I and II in it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:00 pm

I don't remember either of those too well. Christopher Reeve is still the one true Superman though, that's for sure.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 1:49 pm

MARTYRS - French "horror" film which examines the subject of spiritual enlightenment and the search for the ultimate truth through deprivation and suffering. However, it's essentially an excuse for 90 minutes of misogony and sadism masquerading as art and serves no earthly purpose other than to reaffirm our belief that the Fench deserve every ounce of contempt we have, do and will continue to muster for them til the end of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 29 Jun 2013, 3:40 pm

This is the End. If you liked Knocked Up, Pineapple Express, Superbad any of those types of films you will love it, you might like it anyway, a hilarious film.

9/10

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Sat 29 Jun 2013, 9:32 pm

A mixture of movies seen over the past couple of weeks:

* Kung Fu Hustle - madcap martial arts comedy directed by and starring Stephen Chow. I recall the reviews at the time said it was like a live action Tom & Jerry movie, which is an apt description. More violent than I remembered (albeit mostly in the vein of that comedy cat and mouse), but funny and entertaining.

* Much Ado About Nothing - Joss Whedon's adaptation which he filmed in and around his house over 12 days after wrapping Avengers. Cast mostly alumni from his TV shows (Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse etc) - familiarity with and fondness of their previous work certainly helped increase my enjoyment.

* Stories We Tell - documentary by Canadian director/actress Sarah Polley. Superficially concerning her family and uncovering some of its secrets, but also a smart look at the act of storytelling. Not on wide release, but I was keen to seek out this given the outstanding reviews.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:16 pm

The wife made me watch Beautiful Creatures last night - it was interesting from an occultish perspective, and Jeremy Irons was great, but overall it was pretty tacky. Twilight-lite.

4/10 + 1/10 for Jeremy Irons' performance = 5/10

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:28 pm

ive been watching the newer star wars movies on itv2, not sure why they are fecking awful!! not actually sure they could have made it worse if they tried, i didnt think they were that bad first time around but watching them back they really are terrible. the script and acting is plain rubbish

also i dont think there has been a character that is anikin skywalker who has ever been played so badly in the history of film, the kid is rubbish and it just gets worse as he gets older

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:49 pm

Well, he was played well in Episodes IV-VI Whistle

But Mannequin Skywalker was atrocious. I'm still surprised that Hayden Christensen portrayed Anakin so badly, he's been good in everything else I've seen him in.

The only two good parts of that third film are Ewan McGregor FINALLY getting the role of Obi-Wan right (after two poor performances), and Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa.

Shame to say, but for me, Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:51 pm

Just watched monsters university at the cinema with the kids. Not quite as good as monsters inc but the again that film was pretty much perfect.

A good 8/10 for monsters uni.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:52 pm

Also watching Grease for the first time and loving it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

Been to see Despicable Me 2 with the kids this afternoon, not overly impressed tbh, the main plot is non existent and its just an hour and a half of slightly funny fart jokes for 6 year olds.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:59 pm

The Life Of Pi

Was better and different to what I thought it would be.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 8:44 pm

Hummingbird. A different stratham film. No he isnt playing a Transporter!!! Good and different. I like the writers other films(eastern promises,dirty pretty things) and this is also good.. 7/10

The great gasby. I thought it was very original and very well made. Loved it more than i thought I would. 10/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:07 pm

Grease. 9/10.

Always resisted up until now but was hooked all the way through.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:10 pm

Were your chills multiplying?
Were you losing control?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:11 pm

Dont watch Grease 2!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:11 pm

Adam D wrote:Grease. 9/10.

Always resisted up until now but was hooked all the way through.
#

Bet you wanted to sing along Wink

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:17 pm

Wanted?

I did! Although I hadn't seen it, I still knew all the songs!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:17 pm

Wanted?

I did! Although I hadn't seen it, I still knew all the songs!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

I played the part of Sonny once in a stage production of Grease when I was 17.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:23 pm

I wouldn't really boast about that Laugh 

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:02 am

This is the end - I haven't laughed so much in my laugh, but for the humour that it is it definitely won't be every bodies cup of tea

Paranormal activity 4 - seriously what is the point of these movies now? They're not even trying anymore, do they even make that much money any more? Can't believe there's a fifth due later this year

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm

last film scary movie five . worst of the lot i can watch pretty much anything but that was thrown together by the sort of unfunny work colleague whom sarcastic to everything u say and expects u to laugh . just like that really . liked the other ones tho number four the best

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 7:39 pm

World War Z - have to say I really enjoyed this. Not usually a fan of anything with zombies but these were insane, and was genuinely on the edge of my seat for most scenes with them in

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:14 am

Hero wrote:Been to see Despicable Me 2 with the kids this afternoon, not overly impressed tbh, the main plot is non existent and its just an hour and a half of slightly funny fart jokes for 6 year olds.

That's a shame, I really enjoyed the first one, the Minions are fantastic

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:51 am

apparently the minions having their own film soon

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 05 Jul 2013, 1:43 am

just watched 50/50

got in from work fancied watching something easy, nothing too deep and meaningful. so had a look through comedies on netflix and found film with decent rating with seth rogan, thought that will do. moral of that story is i really should take more time reading the synopsis!!

that wasn't a comedy and was very deep and meaningful! enjoyed it though, just wasnt what i was expecting. it is funny in parts but more akin to Philadelphia than dumb and dumber

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:45 am

Watched Ordinary Decent Criminal last night. Give it an 8 out of 10. Very smart and good humour throughout. Kevin Spacey does the irish accent fairly well!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.

Poor. Although I do find Gemma Arterton attractive.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.

Poor. Although I do find Gemma Arterton attractive.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

A Serbian Film

Pretty sick in places, but a good low budget film.

Coming To America

Still good after 25 years. Murphy as his best.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

Dark Tide

Halle Berry swimming with sharks , apart from the bikini scenes not worth watching
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next