The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

+14
Forward Pass
twelve283
crazy_dave23
Take it to the house
GSC
Derbyblue
BamBam
Bull
Barney92
Pr4wn
TM Moot
sodhat
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! Empty New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:23 pm

Hello fellow American Football friends! Me and Sodhat (well mainly Sodhat) have come up with an idea of running a Fantasy American Football type game during the off season as a little bit of fun. Here are the basic rules at the moment:

Rules

Teams will be selected in a draft. All teams are available, and the draft order will be randomised by Random.org. For the 'allocation draft' trading up or down will not be allowed (sorry!) because it may leave others feeling hard done by if they are pipped to their favoured choice via trade.

You start with the current roster of your franchise as listed on Wikipedia. There will then be a 2 round draft allowing you to pick any player that is not currently selected in the fantasy league but is still active in the NFL (i.e. not Jerry Rice) and hopefully fill a couple of needs before we begin properly. Draft position will be based on team record as of week 17 of the 2012 season.

The maximum roster size will be 53 but there is no minimum roster size, it's down to you to ensure you have backups in all positions.

Transfers

Transfers are by trade of players only and are unlimited between GMs/coaches.

You can make trade offers to teams not in the league by use of the Foreign Transfers page. These offers will be assessed by a panel and a decision of acceptance or rejection will be issued at the end of each day. A maximum of 1 foreign offer may be made each day.

Foreign offers made must address a need of the team you're offering to, as well as being of reasonable value compared to the player you are trading for. Unrealistic trade offers such as JaMarcus Russell for Ben Roethlisberger will not be accepted.

All confirmed transfers must be stated on the confirmation page.

Cutting Players

Your roster is yours to manage and there is no minimum in terms of number of players (the max is 53). Where there are players you want to get rid of that you don't think you can trade, you can cut them on the "Free Agency" page.

Players that have been cut by other teams may be picked up by any other team for no cost.

When cutting or picking up free agents, it must be confirmed on the transfer confirmation page.

Games

You will need to submit a starting offensive formation (with or without players being named) on your team page by Thursday at 29:59pm. It can be any set up you wish, but it will be frozen at this point to allow your opponent to game plan for you.

Offenses must consist of QB, RB, 2x WR, TE, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, and one player in the "flex" position, being a TE, WR, RB, FB etc.

You will need to submit a starting defense once you have seen how your opponent intends to line up. This should be posted on the tactics page before 23:59 on Friday.

For special teams, you will need to specify a kicker, punter, and return man.

A short blurb should be provided on your game plan, explaining your offensive strategy, defensive strategy and any other key points. This does not have to be posted on your team page prior to submission of your final tactics (only your starting formation does).

Votes

Matches will then be voted on by other managers and a predicted score and reasoning provided.

Votes should be sent via PM to Olly for games in the SFC, and sodhat for games in the OFC. Results will be posted on Tuesday mornings, along with the voters' reasoning. Voters names will not be divulged. You are only required to vote on games in the conference that you are not a member of, never your own.

Voting is open from 00:00am on Saturdays to 23:59pm on Mondays. Where votes are not submitted and no valid excuse is given a 7 point penalty will be applied to the final score of the team of non-voters.

Results

Results are calculated by adding the total predicted points scored by a single team and dividing it by the votes received. It will likely result in the odd anomaly and some strange totals (that don't necessarily equate to touchdowns and field goals) but the results will stand as they are.

Injuries

Each week you will receive 1 injury to an offensive player who started the week prior, and the same for the defense. All injuries are random, but they will be to a starting player so depth is key. Players may only be injured once in a season, but that injury may come at any time in the regular or post-season (so have a good back up!).

Regular Season and Play-Offs

Each team will play every team within their conference over the course of the regular season, including divisional rivals. Conferences and divisions will be randomly drawn in the interest of fairness.

The winners of each division will be entered into the Play-Offs where they will be seeded in order of the best record. Where records are the same, the head to head matchup will be taken into account.

Additionally 2 wildcards will be issued to the two teams in the conference with the best records aside from the divisional winners. They will again be seeded in order of record, with head to head splitting them.

The Play-Offs will then see the 1 seed play the 4 seed, and the 2 seed play the 3 seed. The winner of each game will progress to their conference championship game, where they will play for the right to face the winner of the other conference in the v2 Super Bowl.

That is the basic premise we have come up with, it would obviously need more to it and fine tuning, but we would like to see if there is any interest in getting this thing going during the offseason! It wouldn't take up much time, and would keep the board going along with the draft as well!

If you're interested please state below and we can get a rough idea of how many people want to participate.

Participants:
Olly
Sodhat
CherriesFan
TM Moot
Pr4wn
Barney92
TheBrahamBull
BamBamWillis
GSC
Take it to the House
Crazy_Dave23
Forward Pass
Mikeygnfl
Derbyblue
Niner
GB1919
Leedscowboys

Last edited by Olly on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm; edited 11 times in total
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! Empty Re: New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

Post by cherriesfna Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

Me in but I want Russell wilson and seattle
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! Empty Re: New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:30 pm

Teams will all be sorted out nearer the times Cherries!

Although you will probably be the only one wanting the Hawks!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:31 pm

Can I be on da panel
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

The panel of what?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

For assessing foreign bids I assume. Yes, if you are reliable and can be around at the end of each day...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:46 pm

I'm tempted, but would certainly struggle with my limited player knowledge... New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! 1054138444

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

My knowledge isn't the best, but hey, it's what wikipedia and NFL.com are for! It isn't designed to be taken too seriously, just a bit of fun between the offseason and preseason while the proper fantasy stuff is away.

It should probably be first come first served in terms of team selection, so we'll go on the order in the OP when it comes to choosing sides.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:03 pm

Sounds intriguing. I'm keen.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:09 pm

I'm up for it.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:38 pm

Im in and i want to have the BEARS!

I dont have the best knowledge but this looks cool

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

Great, only two more as a minimum! The more the merrier though, so plenty of room left.

Current order for team selection will be:

Olly
Sodhat
CherriesFan
TM Moot (if you're in?)
Pr4wn
Barney
Bull

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:50 pm

if we where to get 8 in then surely we could split it East have 4 and 4 in west?

why am i last =(

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:55 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:if we where to get 8 in then surely we could split it East have 4 and 4 in west?

why am i last =(

Simply the order of expressed interest Bull

The idea was that we needed at least 8, but there is no rush if we can get more and we will work out the structure.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:56 pm

Sad have feeling i wont get me bears lol
well anyway this might start before the offseason?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:58 pm

It depends on interest I suppose. But starting properly before Christmas might be a pain. We could probably do the draft thing before and then begin fixtures etc in the New Year when everyone is around again.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:06 pm

yeah, go on then, count me in thumbsup

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:24 pm

I think maybe starting it around Pro Bowl time might be better for fixtures. Seeming as nobody cares about that!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:50 pm

Yeah I'm up for this

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

Well we now have our minimum of 8!

The more the merrier though Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

if we can get 12,

3 divsions of 4, split into team locations/rivalrys

the 3 divsion leaders and best runner up go into knock-out, 1v4 2v3,

then a superbowl,

is that how its planned
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:56 pm

We don't have a set structure yet Cherries, waiting to see how many people are interested first mate thumbsup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm

Lets get this started! Very Happy

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm

Patience my young friend. Patience
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

Let everyone see the post, at least leave it to the end of the week!

Thanks for the interest though guys, we have enough to make it happen regardless of further interest now.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:36 pm

I'm interested. Small thing if you're allowing us to chose whatever defensive scheme we want we should also be capable of choosing whatever offensive scheme we want.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:38 pm

I'm already planning to vote Seattle to lose 58-0 in every game they play

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:38 pm

That's a fair point Derby, happy for it to be that way

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:40 pm

Ignore me

Last edited by Grant Holt V2 on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Read Soddy's post)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:40 pm

bambamwillis wrote:I'm already planning to vote Seattle to lose 58-0 in every game they play

Tactical voting will not be allowed BamBam. Shame on you. Tut tut Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

I'll join, but would prefer a complete redraft
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

GSC wrote:I'll join, but would prefer a complete redraft

That would be quite an undertaking so not keen on that just yet. Maybe run this version through first and see if people like it or want to try a full draft version.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Dec 2012, 6:50 pm

Lets get this going lol , lets start it ! Very Happy

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Tue 11 Dec 2012, 6:56 pm

Sounds interesting, I'll join!

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 9:50 pm

Sounds interesting. I've often wondered how these leagues worked in terms of scoring when I looked into other threads like the English football ones!

I think there is a lot of openness about the game scores which adds an element of complexity\randomness, but I certainly like it as a way of keeping up interest in the offseason when we will naturally loose posters who don't have much of a reason to hang around (shame on them!).

So based on the above i'm up for it. I'm generally an evening poster after work so could get involved in the Transfer stuff.

I am, as my fantasy activity would suggest, useless at trading because I always hate giving up anyone on my team that isn't rubbish!

Would clearly prefer Green Bay, but I know there will be competition for that. I know a fair bit about the Texans as they are too.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:04 pm

Great! We have 12!

Still room for more I guess too. I'll speak to Hero and see where he can allocate us some space. Will likely be in the sports gaming section.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:17 pm

Lets start it!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:28 pm

Breathe, Bull.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:31 pm

There's still this kinda important set of real games to come, you know, the playoffs and the Super Bowl

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

What BamBam said. Will update the OP in a bit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:20 pm

Could someone explain to me how this works as if i'm a 6 year old? I'm not sure I get it TBH. Cheers.

You start with the current roster of your franchise as listed on Wikipedia. There will then be a 3 round draft allowing you to pick any player that is not currently in league (but is still active i.e. not Jerry Rice) and hopefully fill a couple of needs before we begin properly. Draft position will be based on team record as of week 17 of the 2012 season.
Every player who's worth having on your roster is already in the league, do you mean players scheduled to be free agents or something?

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

Real teams that aren't taken unless theres going to be 32 members I assume
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:26 pm

Yep from the teams that are left over. Not certain on how many draft picks you will get, but you get to pick from the teams that aren't picked
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:30 pm

GSC wrote:Real teams that aren't taken unless theres going to be 32 members I assume

Grant Holt V2 wrote:Yep from the teams that are left over. Not certain on how many draft picks you will get, but you get to pick from the teams that aren't picked
Ah right cheers, seems quite obvious now but i'm a total noob.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

Im interested if any spaces left
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

Forward Pass wrote:Im interested if any spaces left

There's no limit!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:39 pm

Grant Holt V2 wrote:
Forward Pass wrote:Im interested if any spaces left

There's no limit!

*up to 32
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:41 pm

Doh

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 12 Dec 2012, 1:11 am

I'd be interested.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Dec 2012, 8:27 am

OP updated thumbsup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next