The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

+14
Forward Pass
twelve283
crazy_dave23
Take it to the house
GSC
Derbyblue
BamBam
Bull
Barney92
Pr4wn
TM Moot
sodhat
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! - Page 4 Empty New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello fellow American Football friends! Me and Sodhat (well mainly Sodhat) have come up with an idea of running a Fantasy American Football type game during the off season as a little bit of fun. Here are the basic rules at the moment:

Rules

Teams will be selected in a draft. All teams are available, and the draft order will be randomised by Random.org. For the 'allocation draft' trading up or down will not be allowed (sorry!) because it may leave others feeling hard done by if they are pipped to their favoured choice via trade.

You start with the current roster of your franchise as listed on Wikipedia. There will then be a 2 round draft allowing you to pick any player that is not currently selected in the fantasy league but is still active in the NFL (i.e. not Jerry Rice) and hopefully fill a couple of needs before we begin properly. Draft position will be based on team record as of week 17 of the 2012 season.

The maximum roster size will be 53 but there is no minimum roster size, it's down to you to ensure you have backups in all positions.

Transfers

Transfers are by trade of players only and are unlimited between GMs/coaches.

You can make trade offers to teams not in the league by use of the Foreign Transfers page. These offers will be assessed by a panel and a decision of acceptance or rejection will be issued at the end of each day. A maximum of 1 foreign offer may be made each day.

Foreign offers made must address a need of the team you're offering to, as well as being of reasonable value compared to the player you are trading for. Unrealistic trade offers such as JaMarcus Russell for Ben Roethlisberger will not be accepted.

All confirmed transfers must be stated on the confirmation page.

Cutting Players

Your roster is yours to manage and there is no minimum in terms of number of players (the max is 53). Where there are players you want to get rid of that you don't think you can trade, you can cut them on the "Free Agency" page.

Players that have been cut by other teams may be picked up by any other team for no cost.

When cutting or picking up free agents, it must be confirmed on the transfer confirmation page.

Games

You will need to submit a starting offensive formation (with or without players being named) on your team page by Thursday at 29:59pm. It can be any set up you wish, but it will be frozen at this point to allow your opponent to game plan for you.

Offenses must consist of QB, RB, 2x WR, TE, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, and one player in the "flex" position, being a TE, WR, RB, FB etc.

You will need to submit a starting defense once you have seen how your opponent intends to line up. This should be posted on the tactics page before 23:59 on Friday.

For special teams, you will need to specify a kicker, punter, and return man.

A short blurb should be provided on your game plan, explaining your offensive strategy, defensive strategy and any other key points. This does not have to be posted on your team page prior to submission of your final tactics (only your starting formation does).

Votes

Matches will then be voted on by other managers and a predicted score and reasoning provided.

Votes should be sent via PM to Olly for games in the SFC, and sodhat for games in the OFC. Results will be posted on Tuesday mornings, along with the voters' reasoning. Voters names will not be divulged. You are only required to vote on games in the conference that you are not a member of, never your own.

Voting is open from 00:00am on Saturdays to 23:59pm on Mondays. Where votes are not submitted and no valid excuse is given a 7 point penalty will be applied to the final score of the team of non-voters.

Results

Results are calculated by adding the total predicted points scored by a single team and dividing it by the votes received. It will likely result in the odd anomaly and some strange totals (that don't necessarily equate to touchdowns and field goals) but the results will stand as they are.

Injuries

Each week you will receive 1 injury to an offensive player who started the week prior, and the same for the defense. All injuries are random, but they will be to a starting player so depth is key. Players may only be injured once in a season, but that injury may come at any time in the regular or post-season (so have a good back up!).

Regular Season and Play-Offs

Each team will play every team within their conference over the course of the regular season, including divisional rivals. Conferences and divisions will be randomly drawn in the interest of fairness.

The winners of each division will be entered into the Play-Offs where they will be seeded in order of the best record. Where records are the same, the head to head matchup will be taken into account.

Additionally 2 wildcards will be issued to the two teams in the conference with the best records aside from the divisional winners. They will again be seeded in order of record, with head to head splitting them.

The Play-Offs will then see the 1 seed play the 4 seed, and the 2 seed play the 3 seed. The winner of each game will progress to their conference championship game, where they will play for the right to face the winner of the other conference in the v2 Super Bowl.

That is the basic premise we have come up with, it would obviously need more to it and fine tuning, but we would like to see if there is any interest in getting this thing going during the offseason! It wouldn't take up much time, and would keep the board going along with the draft as well!

If you're interested please state below and we can get a rough idea of how many people want to participate.

Participants:
Olly
Sodhat
CherriesFan
TM Moot
Pr4wn
Barney92
TheBrahamBull
BamBamWillis
GSC
Take it to the House
Crazy_Dave23
Forward Pass
Mikeygnfl
Derbyblue
Niner
GB1919
Leedscowboys

Last edited by Olly on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 11 times in total
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! - Page 4 Empty Re: New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

Post by Barney92 Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah, if Niner picks the niners, I'm going Green Bay. Sorry folks.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! - Page 4 Empty Re: New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm here New Fantasy League to (potentially) run during the off season! - Page 4 3559488474

Lets get this show on the road!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 pm

come on niner lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t38593-fantasy-league-allocation-draft-niner-on-the-clock

There is the draft link, and I have updated the OP with rules. Any qualms please ask!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Oh goody Crying or Very sad
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:38 pm

You gotta do what you gotta do Russell
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Am I still allowed to express my love for him in posts
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Yoo hoo Leeds! You have until Soddy gets back for the USA to make your pick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Ok guys Soddy is now back and we have a place for our game!

It is in the sports gaming section of the site!

Here is the link to the section https://www.606v2.com/f190-fantasy-american-football

This is where the game will be placed as it can't clog up the section!

We have a homepage there https://www.606v2.com/t39120-fantasy-american-football-homepage

Please report there in due course!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Whilst I definitely appreciate it not clogging up this section... I apologize in advance if I forget to look at it from time to time...

Falcons done Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Ok cheers Dave!!! We can always post reminders and announcements on here as well Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Olly wrote:Ok guys Soddy is now back and we have a place for our game!

It is in the sports gaming section of the site!

Here is the link to the section https://www.606v2.com/f190-fantasy-american-football

This is where the game will be placed as it can't clog up the section!

We have a homepage there https://www.606v2.com/t39120-fantasy-american-football-homepage

Please report there in due course!!

This is where you can all start putting up your teams. You need a 53 man roster, inclusive of anyone who is contracted to your franchise as of week 17 of this year's regular season.

We'll start sending PM reminders to GMs as and when but some teams have started to go up already.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Had a quick look at the threads and will but team/ roster up in the next day or so.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 pm

PM's for everybody! Smile

Schedule:

Roster page: Deadline for this will be Monday 14th January
Draft: The draft will commence on Tuesday 15th January and will be a 2 round draft. All the rules and regulations of the draft will appear on the draft page. If not before, we aim to have the draft finished Friday 25th January.
Pre season game: We want to do a pre season game to give everybody an idea of how the actual game will work. Tactics for this (just like the regular season will be) will be in on Friday 1st February and the voting will be open until Tuesday 5th February.
Regular season: The first round of games will start the week after the pre season so tactics will need to be in by Friday 8th February and votes by Tuesday 12th Febraury. This will carry on throughout the season obviously. All detail will be in the fixture list!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 am

Hi guys

Anyone involved in this that still hasn't got their roster page up, can you look to do it as soon as possible?

It's all located here:

https://www.606v2.com/f190-fantasy-american-football

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4