The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him?

+3
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BALTIMORA
Seanusarrilius
7 posters

Go down

Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him? Empty Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him?

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:05 pm

Froch for me has had one of the strangest careers of modern fighters, dont get me wrong he has had great fights, 5 in a row of top quality oppositon no less which in itself is v strange and welcomed these days. But Hennessey i think most of us agree has done him no favours otherwise,not only failing on any sort of tv deal of note but also seems to be totally unable to influence any decison in showtimes s6 before it took off which must have cost froch some sig money as he has never been able to fight at home since dirrell and wont until after the tourny.

So Froch finally saw sense and ditched him and will we now be seeing only him, the screaming wench rachael and Mckracken wandering into the ring in atlantic city in june. After this i hope he signs with Warren for some good cards and guarenteed sky exposure but really, has Hennesseys mismanagement really cost Carl froch anything? i mean he is still in big fights, is known in US, is guarenteed i think and im not sure about 950k US for each fight in S6 and is one fight away from being able to say he is def top 2 in division FORGET BUTE AND HIS BUM FIGHTS HE PROVED NOTHING YET.

so what do we think, where does this road lead for Frochy

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him? Empty Re: Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him?

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:13 pm

You misspelled 'bandwagon'. But seriously, what CAN it cost Froch? He can't have that many more big fights to line up (assuming he keeps winning), so other than missing out on fat Mick woefully and inadequately promoting him, he's not much to lose and everything to gain.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him? Empty Re: Froch and his solo bandwagon, what will it cost him?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:13 pm

Even is he loses against ward, which he might, hebwill still get a huge fight against pascal which will make him a few bob. If he gets past ward, he has potential fights against pascal, kessler and bute. He's definately talented enough to win any of those fights. He's getting on though which is a shame. However, he is doing a Martinez i.e. Peaking at an advanced age. Martinez could also be another fight if Martinez can't find any decent opponents which. If he gets a sky tv deal than he would be more than sorted for cash. If he passes ward, bute, kessler and pascla he would easily be ranked higher than calzaghe.

By the time froch has defeate all these fighters, a superfight could happen between degale as I believe he will be champion by 2012.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:21 pm

cheers BALTIMORA

i think a rematch with Pascal will be huge if pascal gets by Bhop and keeps winning but that may be unlikely. Personally i think we see him UD Johnson if he is not distracted from having a baby and the Mckracken saga and Hennesey lawsuit that is pending, these are potential huge distractions remember so Johnson is no guarentee

Then say he loses to Ward, worst case,still a rematch with kess is huge fight he can win because i think kess would be willing and that was a slugfest. Bute will fight S6 winner if he has any worth at all which is still debatable since he lives in Quebec rings. Froch like martinez may peak later but he has shipped a lot of punishement in his short career thus far, having said that AA was a clinic so aybe he is peaking late on. Lets hope so

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:48 pm

seanusaririlias: and is one fight away from being able to say he is def top 2 in division FORGET BUTE AND HIS BUM FIGHTS HE PROVED NOTHING YET.
-----
I think froch can safely say that anyway as things stand at the moment. Bute is the most overrated fighter in boxing so I don't include him, he's proven little in his career and nicely swerved the S6 while the rest of the divisions talent faces off. Personally I think Froch is no1 at 168. Ward to me hasn't done nearly as much, save for nutting and spoiling his way to a decision over Kessler. Froch has won fights in opponents back yards and his wins over pascal Taylor dirrel and abes trump wards achievements - not to mention ward is yet to fight outside his own living room.

With regard to fat Mick - if you look at froch and Murray you see two highly exciting British fighters recieving virtually no exposure and in murrays case no decent fights. They both did the right thing in leaving him - Murray will instantly get his biggest payday against Mitchell then maybe a title shot, froch should get much better exposure in the uk after the S6 is over as Sky are interested in taking him on board. I know hennessey was unlucky with the ITV deal finishing abruptly, but in reality he's a second rate promotor and a guy of frochs standing needs to be hanging with the big boys.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 25 Apr 2011, 4:53 pm

I think an American promoter would be better for Froch he has a good name over their and has some big fights coming his way.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 25 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

Would GBP or top rank sign him up?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 25 Apr 2011, 5:05 pm

Not sure if he won the S6 they probably would. Big fights out their maybe even a fight with Bhop if he beats Pascal next month and makes a defence.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 May 2011, 1:31 pm

Liam_Main4 wrote:Would GBP or top rank sign him up?
Matchroom, I reckon.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 04 May 2011, 11:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Liam_Main4 wrote:Would GBP or top rank sign him up?
Matchroom, I reckon.

Was this before or after you read it on boxrec?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 May 2011, 11:49 pm

After, it was a strong rumour well before though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 04 May 2011, 11:53 pm

What do you make of it? Think it was the best move for him? Personally I thought he might have went with an American promoter.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 05 May 2011, 12:02 am

Hard to say without knowing what deal he's on. From what I've read Matchroom are the most flexible of the promoters and with his next fight being organised and the one after lined up, they probably are willing to take a lesser percentage than other promoters, or have him on a non standard deal.

The other major factor will be their relationship with Sky with the amount of programming they provide for them, Froch will be fairly sure he will be featured there in the future.

Seems strange if he's looking to make it in the US, but he probably figures that the UK will be where he makes his money, if things go well.

They have one of, if not the, best stables in the UK now, and he may be hoping to headline some big bills here in the future.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 05 May 2011, 12:23 am

Read the interview on the BBC and he sounded like he wants the respect in Britain he deserves. Not sure he's overly fussed about the States. Think Matchrooms relationship with Sky was the key.

I thought he might go with an American promoter like GBP in order to get a couple of big fights at LHW because he has talked about moving up after the S6.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down