The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cuthbert conundrum??

+4
Morgannwg
thebluesmancometh
IanBru
proeggchaser
8 posters

Go down

What would you do if you were Cuthbert?

Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_lcap29%Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_lcap50%Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_lcap14%Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_lcap7%Cuthbert conundrum?? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Cuthbert conundrum?? Empty Cuthbert conundrum??

Post by proeggchaser Mon 17 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm

If you were Alex Cuthbert what would you do? A shining beacon if light in a very poor team run by very poor staff. A so called "region" that is still called Cardiff by most people that has alienated itself from a plethora of rugby talent in the valleys and vale of Glamorgan. I would certainly not stay. He's made his name on the international stage and he needs to move and play with better players, win some silverware and most importantly not get his natural skills coached out of him.

proeggchaser

Back to top Go down

Cuthbert conundrum?? Empty Re: Cuthbert conundrum??

Post by IanBru Mon 17 Dec 2012, 5:58 pm

Personally, I'd like to see Alex Cuthbert spell 'conundrum'.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 17 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

Ianbru

You know he's actually quite intelligent don't you, studied his degree in Gloucester and moved to Cardiff to finish it.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 17 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

Didn't he spend two years doing A-levels (or equalivilent) at Hartpury College then go to Cardiff University? I believe it was college he started playing Sevens.

Another boring article BTW.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by proeggchaser Mon 17 Dec 2012, 7:05 pm

ZzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzz

proeggchaser

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 17 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

Laugh

Thats a first for 606v2, the OP bored of his own thread after 3 posts.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 17 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Ianbru

You know he's actually quite intelligent don't you, studied his degree in Gloucester and moved to Cardiff to finish it.

Ha ha, fair enough pal, although I believe it was actually Cardiff Metropolitan University (I remember how miffed my friends from Cardiff Uni would get when I mixed the two up...).

Merry Christmas, mate! Cuthbert conundrum?? 3602195817
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

IanBru wrote:

Ha ha, fair enough pal, although I believe it was actually Cardiff Metropolitan University (I remember how miffed my friends from Cardiff Uni would get when I mixed the two up...).

Must have been a pretty recent mix up; Cardiff Metropolitan University has only existed for 1 year! Did you mean UWIC (it's predecessor)?!

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 8:34 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote: Laugh

Thats a first for 606v2, the OP bored of his own thread after 3 posts.

Laugh
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 8:36 pm

Can somebody introduce proeggchaser to cardiffdave please. That would be entertaining to say the least.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

Is proeggchaser not Roger Lewis the former poster???

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:34 pm

Griff wrote:
IanBru wrote:

Must have been a pretty recent mix up; Cardiff Metropolitan University has only existed for 1 year! Did you mean UWIC (it's predecessor)?!

I always got confused too, but now you've confirmed that Metropolitan was formerly UWIC and Cardiff Uni is seperate (the one that competes in the Varsity with Swansea Uni, or Swansea Metropolitan? :-s ). Cardiff is a top university. UWIC is the sports one so maybe he went there as I believe his degree is sports/coaching related. The 'University of Wales' group has been gone for some time as far as I'm aware but a couple have kept the name since.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:49 pm

University or Wales Newport is still called such! Didn't even know UWIC had changed it's name to Met!

Griff

My moneys on Roger Lewis too, coincidental name similarities!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by proeggchaser Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:University or Wales Newport is still called such! Didn't even know UWIC had changed it's name to Met!

Griff

My moneys on Roger Lewis too, coincidental name similarities!

Yep Stephen Hawking, "RogerLewis" is VERY similar to "Proeggchaser".. Doh

proeggchaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:23 pm

Daft poll? "hilarious" options? yep, its Roger alright. Laugh
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:30 pm

In claiming to be something or someone you aren't worth a tiny proportion of ROg!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by proeggchaser Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:20 am

Noooo

proeggchaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:16 am

Uni of Wales was mixed up with some sort of scandal selling their degrees to dodgy Indonesian/SE Asian schools so they ceased associations with most of the colleges/uni's but Newport and one other (Trinity St David?) are still part of UoW.

Cardiff Met (formerly UWIC) could well cease to be as well if Leighton Andrews (Education Minister) gets his way and merges Newport, Glamorgan and CMU to make a SE Wales uni!

Cardiff Uni though will always be top and is part of the Russell group and conducts some of the most/best research in the UK.

now that I've bored you, I'll leave...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:25 am

Smirnoff, Newport and Glamorgan are definitely merging. It's all signed off and will start officially in April (I work at Newport Uni). It has been announced after extensive research and consultation that the new entity will be called the Univeristy of South Wales. Imaginative or what?! It will take a few years obviously because you have to honour the courses that people have started, so there will be a few years where new and old courses are run side by side.

UWIC (Cardiff Met) were given the chance to join the merger but have so far declined. They may now have their funding cut and could go down the pan.

Just thought I'd add that to the bore fest!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:30 am

Good to see a 'debate' about what options a rugby play has can change into a converstation about the names of welsh universities in under 3 posts. That must be the quickest derailing of a thread ever.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:32 am

Like you've never gone off at a tangent ScarletSpiderman...

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:41 am

Griff wrote:Like you've never gone off at a tangent ScarletSpiderman...

As if I would ever do such a thing, to go of on a tangent would imply that it was somehow linked. When I go off topic it is more like on a tandum.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:53 am

Griff - just thinking if the uni of Glamorgan is mergin with Newport, then what happens to the colleges that run courses in conjunction with the uni of Glamorgan elsewhere (like Pembs college do part time degrees under the Uni of Glamorgan), will they automatically just change over to Uni Of South Wales too?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

I'd imagine so SS.

Thanks Griff - didn't realise a date had been set and it was official - as the last I'd heard (a month or so ago) was Leighton saying he was considering forcing CMU to merge.

It'll be a big shame if CMU fold, as they've got the best (I believe) sports facilities in Wales and quite a decent standing in the UK for a 'new uni'.

Also why is it South Wales, and not South East? Seeing as it only caters for the Eastern Border to around 70miles inland of the Eastern Border?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:19 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I'd imagine so SS.

Thanks Griff - didn't realise a date had been set and it was official - as the last I'd heard (a month or so ago) was Leighton saying he was considering forcing CMU to merge.

It'll be a big shame if CMU fold, as they've got the best (I believe) sports facilities in Wales and quite a decent standing in the UK for a 'new uni'.

Also why is it South Wales, and not South East? Seeing as it only caters for the Eastern Border to around 70miles inland of the Eastern Border?

Also don't they have some sort of deal with the Scarlets over using said facilities etc (I know UWIC did anyhow)?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

They may have - I know that the WRU and WFA use their facilities

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:45 am

I think they used to, but Parc Y Scarlets now is so well kitted out and has a 3G indoor surface that I don't think they need UWIC. Same for the Blues I think with the facilities at the new cardiff city stadium.

I think the courses at partner colleges will change to the new uni in time. Those that are underway will be seen out under the guise of the original institution, but those courses starting from next September will probably be under Uni of South Wales.

Smirnoff, there was an online questionnaire allowing all staff to give input into the new name. I went for University of South East Wales, and I also liked South East Wales Metropolitan University. Alas, none of my suggestions were voted for in the end! South Wales is a bit misleading as that could cover up to Swansea too!

Just to add that the sports facilities at Glamorgan are pretty impressive now too. They've got a new centre at Treforest/Llantrisant that cost a few million that's pretty state of the art.

The new Uni is a good move IMO. Should be able to attract more funding, research grants, etc. due to the bigger size. There is a risk that I could lost my job though, but cest la vie!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:01 pm

Griff wrote:Alas, none of my suggestions were voted for in the end! South Wales is a bit misleading as that could cover up to Swansea too!

Perhaps there may be something in giving it a name that can be spread out to futher reaches, who knows in the future Swansea may join in too, and then there will be no need for a name change.

Griff wrote:The new Uni is a good move IMO. Should be able to attract more funding, research grants, etc. due to the bigger size. There is a risk that I could lost my job though, but cest la vie!

Fingers crossed it won't come to that boss Fingers Crossed
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Griff wrote:Alas, none of my suggestions were voted for in the end! South Wales is a bit misleading as that could cover up to Swansea too!

Perhaps there may be something in giving it a name that can be spread out to futher reaches, who knows in the future Swansea may join in too, and then there will be no need for a name change.

Griff wrote:The new Uni is a good move IMO. Should be able to attract more funding, research grants, etc. due to the bigger size. There is a risk that I could lost my job though, but cest la vie!

Fingers crossed it won't come to that boss Fingers Crossed

thumbsup guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down