The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rumour mill

+72
thewaspsblog
RuggerRadge2611
jeffwinger
t1000advancedprototype
Golden
Artful_Dodger
welshboii15
Hound_of_Harrow
DaveM
Pm76
Moonshine26
Rory_Gallagher
Thomond
Kingshu
SirJohnnyEnglish
Standulstermen
profitius
bluestonevedder
rodders
GunsGerms
UlstermaninGlasgow
stnick88
Dubbelyew L Overate
Driver
Breadvan
sirtidychris
BelfastDickVet
EnglishReign
LeinsterFan4life
Portnoy's Complaint
MrsP
aitchw
monwy
Rolfs_Cartoon_Club
nathan
B91212
Bathite
LondonTiger
beshocked
red_stag
propdavid_london
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
BigTrevsbigmac
Sgt_Pooly
VinceWLB
Morgannwg
Jenifer McLadyboy
Notch
wales606
tigerleghorn
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
SirBurger
Poorfour
formerly known as Sam
InjuredYetAgain
ChequeredJersey
yappysnap
Dorothy_Mantooth
ScarletSpiderman
AlastairW
funnyExiledScot
Geordie
George Carlin
Cumbrian
whocares
pioden gorllewin
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Bathman_in_London
thebluesmancometh
Mickado
Scrumpy
HongKongCherry
76 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The rumour mill - Page 2 Empty The rumour mill

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Whilst unofficial negotiations will have been taking place for some time, it is only a few weeks until official approaches can be made and so the rumour mill is in full swing. Whilst ignoring what your mate's cousin's goldfish heard, what are the rumours you've heard coming and going from your club?

Rumours so far...
Geoff Parling to Glaws staying at Tigers
Matt Garvey to Quins, Saints, Glaws & Bath...
Nick Kennedy to everyone
Dave Attwood to Glaws
Sean Cronin to Connacht
Jonathan Joseph to Bath - confirmed
Matthew Rees to Cardiff confirmed
Stephen Shingler to a Welsh club confirmed to Scarlets
Adam Warren to Glaws and Cardiff
Kahn Fotuali'I to Toulouse - leaving but to Saints
Matt Kvesic to Tigers, Glaws, Saints and Sarries - confirmed to Glaws
Castro, John Smit and Claasens to Toulon - Castro & Claasens confirmed to Toulon
Alex Corbisiero to Saints confirmed
James Johnston to numerous French clubs & Sarries - confirmed to Sarries
Anthony Watson to Tigers & Bath
Tiny to Racing Metro
Sailosi Tagicakibau to Toulon
Toby Faletau to Bath
Billy Vunipola to Sarries - confirmed
Rhys Gill, Martin Roberts, Eiffion Lewis-Roberts, Gareth Delve, Dwayne Peel to Cardiff
Chris Cochrane to Connacht
Fionn Carr to Connacht confirmed
Newcastle starting XV to Tigers Wink
George Ford to Saints or Bath confirmed he's leaving, but to who...
Stephen Donald to anyone who'll have him
Jonny Sexton to Racing confirmed he's leaving...
PDJ to Quins & Wasps - confirmed to Quins
BJ Botha to Toulon
Mike Ross to Munster signed a new contract
Richie Gray, Rob Miller & Kearnan Myall to Glaws - [b]Gray confirmed to Castres, Myall confirmed to Wasps, Miller staying at Sale (TRP not very accurate with these ones!!)
Stephen Myler to Tigers - staying at Saints
Matt Mulan to Wasps - confirmed
Ryan Lamb to France, Exeter or Wuss
Andy Saull to Exeter or Newcastle
James Scaysbrook to Tigers - staying at Exeter
Tom Johnson to Bath - re-signed with Exeter (how many Bath rumours are actually ever true??)
Mickey Young, Kieran Brookes to Bath - Brookes gone back to Newcastle on loan
Dan Carter, SBW, Dusatoir, McCaw to Sarries & under the salary cap too... Wink
Gareth Maule to London Irish
Andy Goode to Newcastle, Dragons, Saints or KFC. - confirmed to Wasps
Steffan Jones to Wasps or London Welsh
Nick Robinson to Worcester or Dragons - going to Bristol
Joe Carlisle to Wasps - confirmed
James Hudson to Glaws - confirmed
Ian Nagle to Glaws
David Mele & Joel Kefi to Tigers
Sione Timani to Bath
Adam Ashley-Cooper to Leinster
Isa Nacewa to...

Last edited by HongKongCherry on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:40 am; edited 31 times in total
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

The rumour mill - Page 2 Empty Re: The rumour mill

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:00 am

Winning is also quite handy in inspiring loyalty.
Continued success at home and now looking strong in Euroland (albeit with a free pass so far) will help Quins attractiveness even if the agents will start pointing out their darlings deserve more.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:37 am

http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/rugby/london_irish/s/2125028_smith_calls_for_mental_toughness_from_london_irish_team

Dont know if anyone has read this but it sounds like there could be a fair few departures from Irish. The important bit for those who don't want to click:

Smith, who returned as Exiles chief after a three-year absence, in March said: “Some of the lads in the squad are not my guys and they might want to join up with their previous coaches or try their options somewhere else.

“The key thing is that we have people who are passionate about playing for London Irish and are passionate about the game. People who are both of those things will sign.

“Those people who want to go and join Leicester because they win titles will do that because they will see that as a short cut to success.

“Some guys in the squad have put their hands up nice and early and shown a lot of commitment and loyalty. You will not get 100 per cent of that.

“In terms of taking the squad forward and putting our stamp on it – if someone goes it will give us the opportunity to do that.”

Seeing as the former coaches are now at Bath, clearly there has been some contact there. A good dig at Leicester too and maybe a good point, Bowden and Thompstone haven't got much game time have they?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:42 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Fortunately, COS has the knack of inspiring loyalty, so I hope we will hang on to them.

Quins up turn in on pitch fortunes should have boosted their bank balance a bit. They found big cash to keep Evans so I'd imagine they'll find cash for pay rises elsewhere.

Yup - gates are up around 12k pretty consistently, even for LV games; should be good for the bank balance. Not sure how much of a difference that'll make, Sam. NEv's outside the salary cap as marquee player, but no-one else is. COS has been clear since he arrived that Quins will spend up to the cap (though I have interpreted that as "we have a plan out over several years that spends up to the cap, allowing for renegotiations" rather than "we're at the cap right now and have no negotiation room"). I think we probably have a little headroom with NEv coming out of the cap and us being able to claim the full academy player allowance, but I doubt that our improved fortunes will give him oodles more to spend.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

Poorfour wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Botica was really good, and we have found Grimboldy as well who could be useful in the future. Keeping Nev was actually a real coup for the management and hopefully next season we'll really get to see him excel on a few less games but bigger performances.

I can only think of one player leaving so far and that was Fairbrother. Any one still to sign extensions?

Yep I'd like another lock and tbh an old experienced head for the front 5. I guess that could be the new lock but how many late 20's locks are floating around with a wealth of Int/Club experience? Not many sadly, and that goes for prop and hooker too.

Seems to me that Quins are following a definite policy of "grow your own, and if you can't, find a rough diamond from the Cornish Pirates or failing that another neglected corner of the rugby world." I can't see us signing many big names in the foreseeable, with the possible exception of a marquee replacement for NEv in 3 years' time (can you hear us, Dan Carter? ;-)).

The remaining big challenge for this season is to hang on to JJ and Big Mo, who will be much in demand and hugely more valuable than when we took them on. Fortunately, COS has the knack of inspiring loyalty, so I hope we will hang on to them.

Long term, the toughest challenge for Quins will be replacing COS when he eventually does leave. But I am sure he is already planning for that.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if one of the coaches steps up to DoR when COS eventually leaves, as you say we have been on a 'grow your own' kick for 3+ years now (which was a master stroke from Deano). Kingston could well step up to the mark. Alternativley, there must be someone with vision on the boards due to the selection of COS in the first place, there must have been someone there that saw something that, lets face it, most of the fans didn't Wink

On a vagualy related note about rumours, i know there has been rumblings of ground development if they sell out 9-10 games this year, and the car park has been a bit of a building site for a while now. I wonder if this is still on-track as a 20K stadium with a plush upgraded look would be great!

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:50 am

Irish are apparently not resigning Steven Shingler at the end of the season, as Brian Smith wants more england qualified players. apparently we're looking at Joe Carlisle from Worcester as a replacement.

Leicester are apparently looking at Anthony Watson as well.

List of LI players currently out of contract at the end of the season:

Jebb Sinclair, Alex Gray, Paulica Ion, Jonathan Joseph, Max Lahiff, Kieran Low, Stephen Shingler, Alex Corbisiero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

AlastairW wrote:I wouldn't be overly surprised if one of the coaches steps up to DoR when COS eventually leaves, as you say we have been on a 'grow your own' kick for 3+ years now (which was a master stroke from Deano). Kingston could well step up to the mark. Alternativley, there must be someone with vision on the boards due to the selection of COS in the first place, there must have been someone there that saw something that, lets face it, most of the fans didn't Wink

On a vagualy related note about rumours, i know there has been rumblings of ground development if they sell out 9-10 games this year, and the car park has been a bit of a building site for a while now. I wonder if this is still on-track as a 20K stadium with a plush upgraded look would be great!
The Academy's been going as a serious exercise longer than that - I think the first generation were players like Ugo, Tom Guest and Mark Lambert. Mark Evans and Deano masterminded stepping it up during our sojourn in ND1 (out of which period we got Robson, Williams, Brown, JTH and Robshaw - not a bad return at all) and now the production line is in full flow (Lowe, Marler, Buchanan, Matthews, Wallace, Stegmann, Smith, Chisholm, Collier, Marfo, Sinckler, Lindsay-Hague...)

On coaches, grow-your-own is my expectation too, but I don't think it will be Kingston. He's tried being DoR and didn't like it... I think he's realised what Andy Robinson didn't: he's a great head coach, but being a DoR is a very different job. My guess would be that Dippy is the most natural guy to step up. I also note with interest that NEv's new contract includes developing him as a coach. I would love to see him staying on after he retires from playing as an academy or backs coach and maybe stepping up to DoR in the long term.

The North stand is due a redevelopment, but not sure when it'll happen. I think we could get to 15-16k if the North were remodelled along the lines of the South - but that would mean moving the road through the car park, so it's a big step. To get to 20k we'd either have to redevelop the Etihad entirely or start filling in the corners, both of which are a long way off, I think.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:05 am

mawhis wrote:Irish are apparently not resigning Steven Shingler at the end of the season, as Brian Smith wants more england qualified players. apparently we're looking at Joe Carlisle from Worcester as a replacement.

Jebb Sinclair, Alex Gray, Paulica Ion, Jonathan Joseph, Max Lahiff, Kieran Low, Stephen Shingler, Alex Corbisiero.

Watson and Garvey are out of contract too aren't they?

I can't see you losing both Corbs and Lahiff, although it does sound like Saints are nailed on for getting Corbs. I've been quite disappointed with Alex Gray since he joined you as I don't feel he has pushed on. I know at the time many of the Falcons set up suggested it was the wrong move as he needed to stay and build on his regular first team games there. Do you guys still feel he is a star for the future?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:23 am

Poorfour wrote:The Academy's been going as a serious exercise longer than that - I think the first generation were players like Ugo, Tom Guest and Mark Lambert. Mark Evans and Deano masterminded stepping it up during our sojourn in ND1 (out of which period we got Robson, Williams, Brown, JTH and Robshaw - not a bad return at all) and now the production line is in full flow (Lowe, Marler, Buchanan, Matthews, Wallace, Stegmann, Smith, Chisholm, Collier, Marfo, Sinckler, Lindsay-Hague...)

On coaches, grow-your-own is my expectation too, but I don't think it will be Kingston. He's tried being DoR and didn't like it... I think he's realised what Andy Robinson didn't: he's a great head coach, but being a DoR is a very different job. My guess would be that Dippy is the most natural guy to step up. I also note with interest that NEv's new contract includes developing him as a coach. I would love to see him staying on after he retires from playing as an academy or backs coach and maybe stepping up to DoR in the long term.

The North stand is due a redevelopment, but not sure when it'll happen. I think we could get to 15-16k if the North were remodelled along the lines of the South - but that would mean moving the road through the car park, so it's a big step. To get to 20k we'd either have to redevelop the Etihad entirely or start filling in the corners, both of which are a long way off, I think.

That is interesting about NEv! Would be great to keep him on as a Coach when the day finally comes for him to hang up his first team boots. I know he's very family focussed, so i presume it'll be their long-term happiness at being in England that would keep him on coaching staff and move up to DoR eventually. Not unknown for Kiwi's to locate over here after their playing career. I think Fitzpatrick is UK based these days as part of his business ventures.

Yeah, re-developing the North stand would tear up the entire A316 facing side. Certainly not the best advert! They'd need to do it quickly and efficiently, but moving roads would be a lot of red-tape, and that means lots of money.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

HongKongCherry wrote:
mawhis wrote:Irish are apparently not resigning Steven Shingler at the end of the season, as Brian Smith wants more england qualified players. apparently we're looking at Joe Carlisle from Worcester as a replacement.

Watson and Garvey are out of contract too aren't they?

I can't see you losing both Corbs and Lahiff, although it does sound like Saints are nailed on for getting Corbs. I've been quite disappointed with Alex Gray since he joined you as I don't feel he has pushed on. I know at the time many of the Falcons set up suggested it was the wrong move as he needed to stay and build on his regular first team games there. Do you guys still feel he is a star for the future?

a few months ago The rugby Paper had the aussies looking to poach Lahiff, so who knows where he'll be next season.

Alex gray played really well in the premiership 7s, but hasn't really featured since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:30 am

almost forgot, Toulon are apparently looking at Sailosi Tagicakibau.

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:40 am

mawhis wrote:almost forgot, Toulon are apparently looking at Sailosi Tagicakibau.

Is there a player they're not looking at?! If they sign Habana it should hopefully end their interest.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:52 am

Yeah in my eyes Gray should have stayed another season or so...but hey he chose to move...

Is Lahiff the lad who would replace Corbs at LH. Is he of Aussie background like? Why are they after him?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Yeah in my eyes Gray should have stayed another season or so...but hey he chose to move...

Is Lahiff the lad who would replace Corbs at LH. Is he of Aussie background like? Why are they after him?

He's apparently Australian qualified, but I'm not sure how. He would be one of the players up to replace Corbs if he leaves yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:01 pm

Are there any rumours around some of the sale boys yet? Or is it too early for the vultures to circle?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:05 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Are there any rumours around some of the sale boys yet? Or is it too early for the vultures to circle?

I don't think anybody wants them! Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

We'll take Richie Gray if you want
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:13 pm

As well as Garvey and Watson, you can also add Sisi, Gibson, Moates and Yanuyanutawa to that list.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:30 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:We'll take Richie Gray if you want

Oh we'll quite happily take him aswell...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:03 pm

Well if I were in charge of the Blues I'd be looking at Grey, Roberts and Powell, possibly even Cipriani!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:31 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote: possibly even Cipriani!

Yep after those 6 missed tackles last weekend hes one hot property!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:40 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Well if I were in charge of the Blues I'd be looking at Grey, Roberts and Powell, possibly even Cipriani!

Cipriani?! He was excellent against Cardiff, but has been mediocre at best in pretty much every other game.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

Gold isn't happy about the Joesph link, so my moneys on it being 100% true and his grumpy because Bath may have a leak.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:02 pm

Sam. NEv's outside the salary cap as marquee player, but no-one else is. COS has been clear since he arrived that Quins will spend up to the cap (though I have interpreted that as "we have a plan out over several years that spends up to the cap, allowing for renegotiations" rather than "we're at the cap right now and have no negotiation room"). I think we probably have a little headroom with NEv coming out of the cap and us being able to claim the full academy player allowance, but I doubt that our improved fortunes will give him oodles more to spend.

The advantage of having a good player already is that a 10 or 20k increase will probably secure them you don't need oodles unlike if you were someone abroad looking to get the player to relocate.

A good dig at Leicester too and maybe a good point, Bowden and Thompstone haven't got much game time have they?

Bowden has been injured, he arrived injured and missed pre season then did his shoulder against the Chiefs. His decision to get married mid season also caused him to miss game time. Thompstone has played 6 but isn't the best under the high ball so is being used sparingly.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:09 pm

VictorU3 wrote:Gold isn't happy about the Joesph link, so my moneys on it being 100% true and his grumpy because Bath may have a leak.

Thats what they get for letting HERSH in the clubroom

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

Whats Hersh?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:24 pm

VictorU3 wrote:Whats Hersh?

A dearly departed poster who was permanently retired due to repeated and long standing services to WUMming without regard to his own personal welfare and/or safety.

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:25 pm

It's a rather severe case of haemorrhoids Shocked Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:43 pm

I don't think we should expand the Stoop right now. You need a Stadium >80% full to get a real atmosphere and we are just about right for that and for big days when we can get far more than 14k to watch, well the big Twickers has worked fine and made plenty of profit there. No sure there are that many middle ground matches to sacrifice the cuter t atmosphere
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

AlastairW wrote:

A dearly departed poster who was permanently retired due to repeated and long standing services to WUMming without regard to his own personal welfare and/or safety.

A middle aged Bath fan who got banned at pretty much the same time that a middle aged Bath fan registered an account.... chin

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

I believe there are many middle aged Bath fans Peter, sorry to disappoint you but I'm not Hersh.

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:16 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I don't think we should expand the Stoop right now. You need a Stadium >80% full to get a real atmosphere and we are just about right for that and for big days when we can get far more than 14k to watch, well the big Twickers has worked fine and made plenty of profit there. No sure there are that many middle ground matches to sacrifice the cuter t atmosphere

I think the 'shed' is cetainly functional, but showing its age when compared to the LV=, Etihad & South stands. I'd certainly like it modernised if the funds are available. Saying that, round the back of the South Stand by the Quins Head could do with a bit of a re-design/tidy up.

I know this is terribly 'keeping up with the Joneses', but looking at the proposed plans for Sandy Park and other places, i think if we don't start updating fixed assets we'll be left behind CJ.

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:54 pm

Victor, maybe I should introduce you into the bet I used to have with Hersh for the Glaws v Bath games. As maybe you'll be more successful than Hersh, he lost in 10 of the last 11 occasions Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

I'm not much of a gambler Hong to be honest but I'll always back Bath over Glaws even with our poor form, so what's the bet?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

VictorU3 wrote:I'm not much of a gambler Hong to be honest but I'll always back Bath over Glaws even with our poor form, so what's the bet?
Purely for pride. The loser in a derby game must proclaim their undying love for the winner on this forum.

This sounds very straight forward, but unfortunately the now sadly departed Hersh was driven to a lunatic asylum by such measures Erm
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

You're on thumbsup
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:26 am

Toulon are apparently in talks with Dan Carter about signing for a 6 month NZRU sabbatical after next year's AIs. This could spark a bidding war with Racing Metro who reportedly offered him £4m for a 3 year deal last year. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/8108403/French-clubs-chase-All-Blacks-first-five-Carter

David Pocock has signed with the ARU through to 2015 however.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:41 am

To be fair I think Irish were fairly happy to allow Thompstone to leave.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:56 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:Toulon are apparently in talks with Dan Carter about signing for a 6 month NZRU sabbatical after next year's AIs. This could spark a bidding war with Racing Metro who reportedly offered him £4m for a 3 year deal last year. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/8108403/French-clubs-chase-All-Blacks-first-five-Carter

Surely the Toulon bid depends on what Lord Wilkinson decides to do though, unless they are making the deicsion for him if they win the war for Carter.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:52 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:Toulon are apparently in talks with Dan Carter about signing for a 6 month NZRU sabbatical after next year's AIs. This could spark a bidding war with Racing Metro who reportedly offered him £4m for a 3 year deal last year. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/8108403/French-clubs-chase-All-Blacks-first-five-Carter

Surely the Toulon bid depends on what Lord Wilkinson decides to do though, unless they are making the deicsion for him if they win the war for Carter.

Perhaps Toulon are trying to speed up Wilko's decision making process
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Perhaps they see a fantasy 10/12 combo?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:57 am

Just come up on Planet rugby, John Mitchell will apparently only be with Sale until February:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_8348745,00.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Perhaps they see a fantasy 10/12 combo?

What Bilbo at flyhalf and Merlin at inside centre?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Perhaps they see a fantasy 10/12 combo?

What Bilbo at flyhalf and Merlin at inside centre?

Gollum as scrummy. 'where is it!? where issssssssssssssssss itsssssssssssss my precious!'

Where do I get season tickets!? The rumour mill - Page 2 3602195817

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:39 pm

Gollum at scrum would be about as likely to pass as Phillips Wink

(just joking)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:57 pm

Because Michalack/Wilko isnt good enough? If they added Carter to that theyd only need Farrell to have all 3 IRB flyhalves of the year ...and Wilkinson.

It truely would be an obscenity if they signed Carter and Wilkinson stayed on.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

Wilkinson will give his decision in february 2013 : if he decides to retire , he's likely to stay within the staff. He cannot be replaced there anyway. Such is his aura in Toulon where he achieved the status of demi-god.
Giteau can also provide a decent backup at 10.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:25 pm

mawhis wrote:Just come up on Planet rugby, John Mitchell will apparently only be with Sale until February:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_8348745,00.html

Sale are descending into a farce. If this is true, at what point will Diamond take responsibility for his appointments?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:30 pm

Ha Diamond won't ever take responsibility while he can keep hiring and firing others! And while people like the Sky team keep trying to promise us that the sun shines out of his A hole!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

Quote: “Those people who want to go and join Leicester because they win titles will do that because they will see that as a short cut to success"

Said the London Irish Coach Brian Smith who joined Leicester Tigers as a 10 in the early 90's in order to attract the Irish selectors having spent a previous career in Aussie League.

Hypocrite?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:06 am

Said the London Irish Coach Brian Smith who joined Leicester Tigers as a 10 in the early 90's in order to attract the Irish selectors having spent a previous career in Aussie League.

Laugh very good. I'm not sure why he's moaning. We signed one player they wanted to keep (Bowden) as they signed one from us we wanted to keep (Skivington). Thompstone they were ready to release.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next