The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cm punk future

+11
talkingpoint
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
AberdeenSteve
JoshSansom
Dx Dan.
sodhat
hodge
Liam_Main
theundisputedY2D2
Fernando
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cm punk future Empty cm punk future

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:11 pm

it's believed when cm punk's contract expires later this year that he won't sign a new one due to been on tour for the last 5 years without a break and feels he's need a rest as he is burnt out.

it does seems a strange move by punk as he's probably 1 of the most popular wwe stars at the moment. i always felt he was in line for a wwe title run in near future.

hopefully wwe will sign him down then give him a good few months off to recoup and come back better then ever.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

cm punk future Empty Re: cm punk future

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm

Punk's got a tonne of momentum right now, you just feel he's so close to being the top heel in the company. Seems we could have a Jeff Hardy situation in that just when he's ready to take off and become huge, he needs to take a break because he's feeling burnt out.

At the end of the day though, it's better for Punk to take 6 months to a year off, get any niggling injuries seen to and get that fire burning again rather than stick around and maybe get put off wrestling entertaining for the WWE for good.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:21 pm

Before his contract expires hopefully he gets another world title run.Punk plays his character brilliantly and is the best heel since Edge a few years back.Hopefully he doesn't rest for too long as he's making a real name for himself in WWE.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:26 pm

wouldn't be supprised to see Punk do a Jericho, all beit not as long out, but make sure that when he's with WWE he's always at his best and able to give his all

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:42 pm

I hope this isn't true, because Punk is absolutely at the top of his game! It would be a big blow to the WWE to lose him, they have already lost Edge, Taker and HHH barely wrestle anymore and Jericho may not be back for some time.

It may also be a stupid move for him to make at this time, when he is hot property. Could he guarantee that he'll make it back to the top?

Make him a big offer, give him the belt...just don't let him end up in TNA!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

I can't see Punk going to TNA to be honest, he ain't that stupid!
Obviously i don't want this to happen, as Punk has pretty much been my favourite wrestler in the 'E since his heel turn in '09.
But this could be very beneficial for Punk as i think it could make Vince realise how valuable he really is if he was off our screens for a while.
Then when he comes back he could really be one the main men as he rightly deserves.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 26 Apr 2011, 5:09 pm

Might help to keep his character fresh if he did take a few months off. I would imagine that WWE would tie him to a contract with an absence as well.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:17 pm

More on this from a WWE official....

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed. It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:33 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:I can't see Punk going to TNA to be honest, he ain't that stupid!
Obviously i don't want this to happen, as Punk has pretty much been my favourite wrestler in the 'E since his heel turn in '09.
But this could be very beneficial for Punk as i think it could make Vince realise how valuable he really is if he was off our screens for a while.
Then when he comes back he could really be one the main men as he rightly deserves.

You optimist you!

As King Beer posted, does he have the pull of being one of the guy that means he comes back to a warm, comfy top spot? I'd hope so, but...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:49 pm

If Punk leaves I boycott the WWE. End of.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:52 pm

Echo Steve's thoughts, Punk is THE reason to still watch WWE at the moment.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

Its just a shame TNA can't get it right or else the WWE could have something to worry about, Punk will re-sign because he loves the business but after the way the WWE have intentionally ruined his momentum on a number of ocassions I'd like to see them sweat for his autograph

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

I hope he goes back to ROH for a couple of PPVs, could raise their profile through the roof.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:24 pm

Agree with you on that one Hero, he'd bring so much attention to a real wrestling federation!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:37 pm

I'd rather he went away from the top 3 American promotions and maybe had a couple of highly promoted and eagerly anticipated bigtime matches under a Japanese banner

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:43 pm

Gaff, with his history with ROH wouldn't you like a short term return there?

A match v Chris Hero or v Christopher Daniels to showcase the fed?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:15 am

King Beer wrote:More on this from a WWE official....

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed. It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

This is what makes me angry - why isn't he considered one of the top guys in the company? Punk can easily put on match of the night; he frequently steals the show, has charisma, is a natural heel, can cut a promo better than 95% of the WWE roster, loves the business and to top it off is straight edge so is a good example to the mainstream entertainment world that the WWE have moved away from juiced up roid abusers. It just doesn't make sense to me?! Sad

I know Punk has always come across as a 'free spirit' less prone to indoctrination by the WWE and maybe a certain CEO doesn't trust he is as loyal to the company as other guys such as Cena, Orton, Taker and HHH. But surely a good wrestler/performer/entertainer is good for business? If the fans love him and he has the talent why not push him? I can see Punk doing a short ROH stint and it wouldn't surprise me either if he wrestled in Japan for a bit but I would always imagine that he moved to the WWE for a reason and that was exposure and reward - at the end of the day wrestlers sacrifice alot and deserve to be paid hansomely. I expect Punk would want to return to the WWE as despite its flaws remains wrestling's Premier League.

As for this rumoured sabatical due to burn out, if WWE really cared for their roster then if its true they should allow him some R&R before he resigns for them. 6 months off would do him good, to recharge his batteries and come back more passionate than ever. The WWE would be foolish to try and punish him or bury him again just because he's listening to his body and needs to take some time off. But then again this is the WWE we are talking about... Rolling Eyes censored

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:38 am

It would be such a shame if the WWE let him slip through their fingers. I imagine that if they did he would work in Japan with some fleeting appearances on ROH... I would say he is clever enough to know that doing that would burn his bridges far less than a move to TNA would.

I am amazed that he isn't pushed because his character is so different from the other fare around - and in a good way as well - that it offers so many opportunities for high class and interesting feuds.

While I am not overly surprised that VKM does not rate him as he doesn't look like Mason Ryan, I would be if the locker room didn't respect him. Guys like HHH, Taker, Orton etc could well give him the programme and push that he needs. I think that Extreme Rules will tell us a lot about his future. He should win as he hasn't had won real victory over Orton in this feud. If Orton wins again it will be another Punk burial and possible that he will be relegated back to the midcard / on the way out.

With no Del Rio on SD I was kind of hoping that Punk would go back to the blue brand as it would give him a chance to establish himself as a No.1 heel.

Finally, if the internet can be used to stop the X Factor getting to No. 1 then surely there is a way that we could all use it to get CM Punk back to his rightful position in the WWE???

As a question does anyone know WHY he hasn't made this leap yet? I know it took some guys like Edge a long time but I would have expected that he would have made it to the top by now? Is there dressing room / management heat? Does he not play politics?...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:52 am

Well Taker used his backstage power to bury Punk at HIAC 09 for bad mouthing Cena or something and not dressing appropriately enough for his liking. I don't think Punk has necessarily shown the devotion that other guys have to the WWE cause but he obviously has a certain amount of loyalty because he has been very patient in paying his dues and has put an awful lot of people over since losing the WHC. I don't think WWE should question his loyalty, I think Punk wants to be in the WWE but I'm sure he would go somewhere else if they FE'd him.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:28 am

Punk's problem - if you could call it that - is he doesn't toe the company line and he speaks his mind. In a place like WWE that's a stance that is more likely to make you enemies than friends. I'm sure he's respected for his work but career-wise I think Punk would benefit from occasionally biting his tongue. I'm not saying he has to completely kiss ass but he could probably be a bit smarter when it comes to the political side of things.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:41 pm

Totally agree Y2 and i've said as much myself, Maccs, i get what you're saying regarding ROH but from a personal point of view I just don't see how that could benefit Punk where as a main event slot in one of those sold out Stadiums they vre in Japan would garner some major exposure IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:13 pm

Punk IS the future of the WWE. It isnt a fantasy IWC crush like Christian, the fact of the matter is that Punk IS quality, end of. If Vince cant see that and lets him slip through his fingers it will be the biggest Flip up he's ever made.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

I wouldn't say the biggest ever but possibly the biggest of the last 5 years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:21 pm

Punk won't go to TNA he hates the hardys to the core, especially since he had his way with lita.

I think he deserves more, but sadly WWE is a family/pg show, and punk obviously apeals more to the 18 - 35 market.

If WCW was still around he would excell there.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:27 pm

Whether or not Punk re-signs or takes a hiatus, I think he'll eventually rise to the top in the WWE. The guy's just too good not to. Personally, I think it might do him good to get away for 6 months or so before returning to a top spot on the card. It'll help him recharge his batteries but I think it'll also make WWE realise how much of a good thing they had in Punk.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

I agree Y2 Jericho and Show both took time out, and came back better than ever. Well by big shows standards he did, lost alot of weight and quit smoking.

Jericho came back hungrey and refreshed.

Maybe it'll re-energise Punk.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

I didn't know he hated the Hardy's, I know Jeff wasn't happy with his promo on Hardy after Jeff left but I'm also sure i read Punk wasnt happy with it either, as for Lita, if Matt didn't talk to anyone who banged Lita they would need to re-start OMEGA and never leave the back yard, the Jeff/Punk feud in 2009 was feud of the year IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 5:03 pm

I don't think Punk hates the Hardys, he probably completely disregards them now though. There was no word of tension between Punk and Jeff during their feud, that all started after Hardy had left. Even so, it was all on Jeff's side and he blamed Punk for that promo on Smackdown. There hasn't been a response from Punk as far as I'm aware to Jeff & Matt's rant where they both seemed a bit worse for wear.

As for Punk and Matt, the word is that when Punk hooked up with Lita he told both Matt and Edge about it to their faces and there was no problem.

Haven't seen Matt & Jeff's Youtube rant but I think I read that Matt says something regarding Punk & Lita in it.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 Apr 2011, 7:24 pm

it appears beth pheonix has been traded to raw to keep punk happy as currently he is banging her

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:34 pm

Haha Nando, you being serious?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

yeh im being very serious

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

I meant is he actually banging her? -.-
Cause i've heard he gets about.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Dx Dan. wrote:I meant is he actually banging her? -.-
oh shut up Mavis
]

Why do I get the feeling that Dx Dan's getting taught a rather harsh lesson about respecting his elders at present ..... four Picard's and being called Mavis - you are a tough task master Gaffer Smile

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:34 am

Read your PM's, and stop worrying about what i am doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:37 am

I always worry about what you're doing KB.

I worry full stop.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:44 am

To be fair i think DX Dan is getting a bit of a raw deal guys, bit of victimisation going on here, bit out of order.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

Agree with Mr H.

Gaffer, everyone is entitled to an opinion, if you don't agree with it and find it difficult to compose a constructive comment then can i ask you not to post the facepalm smiley, instead just don't comment. Any more will be deleted.

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 10:56 am

🤦 - Kane on hearing he's being given another run with the tag belts alongside the Big Show.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 12:57 pm

Gaffer,

You're annoying me now.

I've asked this to be dropped, yet you've come on and continually follwed Dan round. Either comment on the article or keep schtum. Simples.

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm

KB wtf Pm me now!!!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 1:05 pm

the-gaffer wrote:KB wtf Pm me now!!!

Ermm........ PM you?

If you have a problem, YOU can PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 1:13 pm

How many of your own comments you deleted? Don't need to be a genuis to work out that answer, your following me around like a virgin in a brothel if you've got a problem man up and stop hiding behind your delete button!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 1:45 pm

the-gaffer wrote:How many of your own comments you deleted? Don't need to be a genuis to work out that answer, your following me around like a virgin in a brothel if you've got a problem man up and stop hiding behind your delete button!

You seem to be following Dx Dan round acting like some jumped up little pissant. If you don't like his opinion, move on and stop facepalming him. You aren't above anyone else on this board, Gaffer so try jumping down from your pedestal.

Back to top Go down

cm punk future Empty peed OFF

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 1:47 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:
Dx Dan. wrote:I meant is he actually banging her? -.-
oh shut up Mavis
]

Why do I get the feeling that Dx Dan's getting taught a rather harsh lesson about respecting his elders at present ..... four Picard's and being called Mavis - you are a tough task master Gaffer Smile
as Andre said to Heenan regarding Warrior "he'll learn!" Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

cm punk future Empty peed OFF

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 1:58 pm

King Beer wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:How many of your own comments you deleted? Don't need to be a genuis to work out that answer, your following me around like a virgin in a brothel if you've got a problem man up and stop hiding behind your delete button!

You seem to be following Dx Dan round acting like some jumped up little pissant. If you don't like his opinion, move on and stop facepalming him. You aren't above anyone else on this board, Gaffer so try jumping down from your pedestal.
LOL Bet that feels good to finally get that out, excellent unbiased assesment angel

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:06 pm

Gents get back to the original topic, or I'm locking this thread.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:09 pm

how dare you all bring you f'ing politics to a subject about cm punk, shame on you all. seriously

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:15 pm

CM Punk? What's happening with CM Punk?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:18 pm

It's time like these I ask myself WWCMPD? (what would CM Punk do?)

And the answer is bang a diva and drink a Pepsi.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
CM Punk? What's happening with CM Punk?

It's time like these I ask myself WWCMPD? (what would CM Punk do?)

And the answer is bang a diva and drink a Pepsi.

If that had been a Pepsi-Max i would have sworn Miky = CM Punk...... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next