The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what now for CM Punk?

+9
legendkillar
AberdeenSteve
JamesLincs
Sara
ADMIN
crippledtart
Dx Dan.
JoshSansom
talkingpoint
13 posters

Go down

what now for CM Punk? Empty what now for CM Punk?

Post by talkingpoint Wed 4 May - 10:24

I've been thinking about CM Punk's next feud and I am struggling to think of a logical and meaningful feud now that the draft has changed the rosters.

I am really annoyed that despite his fantastic performances Punk didn't get a win over Orton. Orton has left Raw looking uber strong and left Punk barely escaping with his credibility after being buried yet again. But where next? He's already feuded with Mysterio and Big Show while on SD and I don't want to see another feud with either; Del Rio is a heel and will most probably rise to the main event after Miz and Cena have finished their rivalry; JoMo is currently in a feud with R-Truth, which leaves two options imo:

1. Feud with the newly crowned US champion Kingston
2. An implosion of the New Nexus storyline where the members rebel against him.

However I do not like either of those scenarios for the following reasons:

1. While arguably being an upper mid carder himself Punk is way above Kingston in terms of talent and previous success (he is after all a X3 world champion) so that feud will feel like a backward step. However, if they were to go down that route like they've done with Jericho over the IC in the past then I think Punk needs to win it because he is desperately lacking PPV wins.

2. If Punk remains heel (which I imagine he would) then theoretically the new Nexus members would turn face and that would more than likely result in a win for them and would continue to see Punk being buried. But I don't think they will go down that route just yet as they are teasing the break up of the Corre on SD and besides the new Nexus members are still very green.

So we come full circle again - where now for Punk? I really feel WWE have shot themselves in the foot as far as Punk goes. He's not had a big win at PPV in a very long time, has put over just about everyone he's feuded with since dropping the WHC to Taker at HIAC 09 and seems to be hurtling towards a dead end in his career. This is really saddening because the guy is without question the most talented, all round wrestler in the WWE today. I really can't see him getting back into the main event scene for quite some time, especially if rumours of a Cena/ADR match at SS are true and even if he qualifies for Fatal Fourway he would only be there to make up the numbers and I don't think he has a real chance of winning the WWE title.

Thoughts?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

what now for CM Punk? Empty Re: what now for CM Punk?

Post by JoshSansom Wed 4 May - 10:28

Feud with Daniel Bryan would have been great though now he is on Smackdown that isn't going to happen.

Problem is that while the Kingston feud would be good I would expect Swagger to go for that with his Michael Cole push. Not sure which other storylines there are for him.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 4 May - 10:32

Imagine with a brand swap a Christian v CM Punk feud... the IWC would literally spaff itself

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 4 May - 10:37

Punk probably should of went back to SD!
Christian/Punk fued over the WHC for 3 months or so.
Perfect! Very Happy

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 4 May - 10:39

Good article by the way mate.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 4 May - 11:27

You see this is what annoys me about people like Cena and Orton - there has been no real storyline between Cena and Miz over the past few months yet Cena main events Mania and ER just because he's the poster boy for the WWE! Before Mania his real feud was with the Rock - post Mania his feud with the Rock escalated and the only story in the build up to ER was JoMo taking R-Truth's spot in the cage match facilitating a R-Truth heel turn. There's been very little interaction between Cena and the Miz accept Miz getting the upper hand on Cena a few times in the build up to Mania. But even then it just screamed of desperation from the Miz not to be considered the '3rd party' in the feud.

Now Orton has been given a massive push on SD a week after being drafted there, coming off of the back of a really strong run against Punk and the Nexus on Raw.

At least with Punk he can tell a story, sell a match and create emotional investment from the fans. I just find it so exasperating that Punk gets buried every time while doing all the hard work and yet Cena and Orton reap the rewards.

Punk is running out of options and WWE creative will need to be very... well creative in order to resolve this problem.

I'm beginning to wonder whether guys like Taker and Orton are still influencing the powers that be to keep Punk at the mid card level. We never found out whether Taker's opinion of Punk improved after him dropping the title, which I think would be harsh as Punk has paid his dues and proven to be a faithful worker.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 4 May - 11:34

I think it's largely to do with the contract rumours. Punk is apparently strongly considering a break from wrestling when his current deal expires in a few months; it's noticable that he has taken a back seat in recent weeks, with even the Nexus focus being on Mason Ryan rather than Punk.

I think WWE is sending him a message that if he isn't committed for the long term this is the fate he can expect. However talented a performer is (and I believe Punk is by some distance their most talented performer), without the machine behind them they can quickly blend into the midcard.

To be honest, while I am a huge fan of his work, I'd quite like to see him tell WWE to shove it.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 4 May - 11:35

Dx Dan. wrote:Punk probably should of went back to SD!
Christian/Punk fued over the WHC for 3 months or so.
Perfect! Very Happy

Unfortunately though it'd be a dark match at the PPV where it ends with Michael Cole going cleanly over both of them.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 4 May - 12:28

LOL!

I do think that the WWE do not realise how talented Punk is. He should definitely be at top. Hopefully he will stick around and be used to his full potential

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 4 May - 12:35

anyone been on cm punk's site/forum? complete lovefest on there. i imagine they are going mental on there

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 4 May - 12:39

I have been on there!! I do check his Twitter however he has been strangely absent on it since 07/04

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 4 May - 12:59

i was gunna join, but just reading some of the topics annoyed me. i like to check out the pics people post. but all the women say the same thing about every single photo. yeah i get it, you think he's hot. and not only that, they quote the photo which is usually the size of the screen. the scrolling is ridiculous

lol so basically i didnt bother joining

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 4 May - 13:01

Punk should go back to ROH where he is appreciated. WWE just don't seem to ever want to push him.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 4 May - 13:05

Sara wrote:I have been on there!! I do check his Twitter however he has been strangely absent on it since 07/04

yeah, christ! i remember that moment. people panicking, putting the world on red alert. 4 days 4 days 4 days :O

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 4 May - 13:05

JamesLincs wrote:i was gunna join, but just reading some of the topics annoyed me. i like to check out the pics people post. but all the women say the same thing about every single photo. yeah i get it, you think he's hot. and not only that, they quote the photo which is usually the size of the screen. the scrolling is ridiculous

That sounds funny, lol, I might check it out. He is pretty hot!

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 4 May - 14:02

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
I think WWE is sending him a message that if he isn't committed for the long term this is the fate he can expect. However talented a performer is (and I believe Punk is by some distance their most talented performer), without the machine behind them they can quickly blend into the midcard.

To be honest, while I am a huge fan of his work, I'd quite like to see him tell WWE to shove it.

While I think this is probably close to the truth, I just think its too harsh and vindictive! I mean what has Punk been doing since he lost the WHC! He has proven himself time and again imo, he is the consumate professional. This just seems paradoxical to me: the WWE don't push Punk because for some reason they don't consider him one of the top 5 guys (insinuating that he's not as big a draw as Cena, Orton, Taker etc) yet they bury him for potentially going on hiatus for a while after his contract expires! Where's the logic in that? He has the talent, has the moveset, has the mic skills and is a solid and reliable worker and ring technician for feuds with some of the biggest names in the company but for some reason the WWE powers-that-be don't consider him qualified enough to be world champion again!? So he's good enough to make others look good but they don't want to make Punk himself look good? Doh I despair sometimes with how the WWE book their talent...

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 4 May - 14:11

I think CM Punk is being in danger of going down the mid-card. I think the fact he has a decent stable behind him he could like Rock was in NOD. He has all the tools, I think the WWE needs to let him loose a bit more on the mic because at the moment his gimmick and mic set is only allowing him to be a heel and he is a good heel at that, but to me catchphrases tend to be missing from him and if he had he would be immense. Cena has the whole poopy 'You can't see me' and Y2J has 'Neeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr Evvvvvveeeeerrrrrr' Orton just pulls a face which makes him look like he has had a spicy meatball he is trying to pass and Punk I think just needs that catchphrase so that the crowd catches onto it and it gives him that extra dimension. Certainly comes across though as he is being held down because between him Cena and Orton he is best on the mat by a clear margin.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 4 May - 16:05

legendkillar wrote:I think CM Punk is being in danger of going down the mid-card. I think the fact he has a decent stable behind him he could like Rock was in NOD. He has all the tools, I think the WWE needs to let him loose a bit more on the mic because at the moment his gimmick and mic set is only allowing him to be a heel and he is a good heel at that, but to me catchphrases tend to be missing from him and if he had he would be immense. Cena has the whole poopy 'You can't see me' and Y2J has 'Neeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr Evvvvvveeeeerrrrrr' Orton just pulls a face which makes him look like he has had a spicy meatball he is trying to pass and Punk I think just needs that catchphrase so that the crowd catches onto it and it gives him that extra dimension. Certainly comes across though as he is being held down because between him Cena and Orton he is best on the mat by a clear margin.

God no, please don't give him a catchphrase! That's not what Punk is about at all. Catchphrases are for communicating with stupid people.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 4 May - 16:33

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote: Catchphrases are for communicating with stupid people.

That should be his catchphrase! thumbsup LOL

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 4 May - 16:35

talkingpoint wrote:
Davieswasacrippledtart wrote: Catchphrases are for communicating with stupid people.

That should be his catchphrase! thumbsup LOL

That does sound like something he would say!!

Btw pleased to report he is back on Twitter!

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 4 May - 16:44

legendkillar wrote:I think CM Punk is being in danger of going down the mid-card. I think the fact he has a decent stable behind him he could like Rock was in NOD. He has all the tools, I think the WWE needs to let him loose a bit more on the mic because at the moment his gimmick and mic set is only allowing him to be a heel and he is a good heel at that, but to me catchphrases tend to be missing from him and if he had he would be immense. Cena has the whole poopy 'You can't see me' and Y2J has 'Neeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr Evvvvvveeeeerrrrrr' Orton just pulls a face which makes him look like he has had a spicy meatball he is trying to pass and Punk I think just needs that catchphrase so that the crowd catches onto it and it gives him that extra dimension. Certainly comes across though as he is being held down because between him Cena and Orton he is best on the mat by a clear margin.

God no, please don't give him a catchphrase! That's not what Punk is about at all. Catchphrases are for communicating with stupid people.

And talking monotonous isn't? laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Wed 4 May - 17:38

CM Punk needs to make his mond up on what he is doing first. WWE arent going to put him in a high profile feud to get over, he would lose the matches as has shown with Orton.

I just hope we dont see Nexus/Show, Show just ruins everything.

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 4 May - 18:14

Isn't this a similar situation to Batista when his contract was up for
renewing, you'd like to think that Vince would learn, but obviously
not. Difference being at this moment WWE need Punk, more than
Punk needs wwe.

Part of the problem is the contempt that WWE hold for the IWC, i mean
look at the moment, CM PUNK doing what, Daniel Bryan where and
again doing what, Christian, whc for all of 2 days. All loved by the IWC,
all going nowhere fast at WWE.

As for a feud, just a thought but why not make Ziggler want to take
over Nexus, then they could feud over being leader of the group.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 5 May - 10:16

legendkillar wrote:

And talking monotonous isn't? laughing

But by talking monotonous he is treating them in a condescending fashion which suits his character. His character thinks the audience are idiots and are below him. It would totally not fit the character for him to end all his promos with a silly catchphrase. Imagine if he ended every promo with "and that's another slam dunk from Punk". It would be ridiculous!

I do agree though, that if he was forced to have a catchphrase you could do a lot worse than "Catchphrases are for communicating with stupid people"...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 6 May - 23:41

from wrestlingcrap....

Chicago, IL – It would appear that CM Punk has made the decision to end his near five-year tenure with World Wrestling Entertainment.

The 32-year-old “straight edge” superstar has grown tired of living out of hotel rooms and airplanes, and is apparently considering scaling back life to a serious degree.

However, instead of plying his trade with a former employer that offers a less daunting travel schedule, such as Ring of Honor or Total Nonstop Action, Punk has chosen a different way to make a living.

And it’s almost sickening how it works.

“Punk’s been hanging out at my house for the last three days,” claims 24-year-old Adam McCalace, a local retail employee who still lives at home with his parents. “He just showed up in my driveway one day and I, being a big Punk fan, freaked out like crazy! I was stammering, and he said ‘Whattya got in yer fridge, queer?’ I was taken aback, but then I realized I’d be more than happy to cook for him, or let him have my Funyuns. Yeah, he calls me sexual slurs, and even tells me how useless I am, but still….it’s CM PUNK!”

Indeed, Punk is now drifting in and out of homes in which diehard wrestling fans reside, scoring free food and drink from nerds with no self-esteem whatsoever.

“It’s not as bad as it seems,” McCalace continues. “I mean, who am I to tell CM Punk, my God and yours, that I’m not getting him Wendy’s at 2:45 AM? I almost slipped and said ‘Get it yourself’, but then I caught my tongue. Besides, if CM Punk is halfway through my dad’s old stag films, I’m certainly not going to make him get up. Besides, even though Wendy’s is closed, it’s pretty easy to break into.”

Punk has, by his own word, repeated this exercise with at least twelve other sickly, socially-dearthed wrestling fans with no shot at love or respect. Take 21-year-old Vernon Kuhlner, a basement dweller who looks like a young Tim Kazurinsky.

“Not only is he making me cook all this food for him, which is fine, but he’s running up the OnDemand service as well,” said Kuhlner. “Now that we get porn, on my meager dollar, he takes delight in showing me all the different ways he could, uhh, service my mom and sister. Normally, I’d be repulsed, but the idea of having Punk as my dad AND my brother-in-law is amazing! I about emptied my inhaler when I processed that thought!”

Punk was asked if this is all true, and he responded “Yeah, the mom’s getting the wood. The daughter, I’ma have to check ID, but she seems likely. Just hope that Rick Moranis there with the CHIKARA shirt doesn’t ask for an autograph or something while I’m layin’ my Richard Dent into ‘mommy’.”

Punk admits that this practice of mooching off of awestruck wrestling fans is crude, but has no intention to stop.

“Way I look at it, these kids ain’t going to amount to much in life. So spending a couple hours in their presence is like Make-A-Wish work, you know? Besides, they LOVE when I threaten them. I’m like their Santa Claus! Throw a plate of half-eaten Totinos pizza rolls at them, and they LOVE to sell like they’re Jimmy Jacobs or something. Hit one with a warm Pepsi, and they THANK me! I mean, I’ve seen their “keyboard warrior” postings about me on message boards. If I didn’t know several disciplines of martial arts, there’d be restraining orders in place, believe me.”

laughing

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 7 May - 12:42

LMAO man thats too good

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 7 May - 13:00

I'd say though that I'd rather see Punk take a back seat from feuds as such in the coming months and focus on forming a new Straight Edge Nation, I'd have Mason Ryan turn on Punk and have Punk lose patience with the rest of Nexus, I'd then have Punk recruite Drew McIntyre and then watch him use his psychology to bring Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins back together

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sat 7 May - 21:27

CM Punk v A face Chris Jericho?

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down