The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward v Abraham in jeopardy

+6
AlexHuckerby
Mr Bounce
BALTIMORA
Soldier_Of_Fortune
manos de piedra
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Ward v Abraham in jeopardy Empty Ward v Abraham in jeopardy

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:27 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-vs-abraham-jeopardy-being-called-off--38536

This is pretty frustrating, surely neutral judges should of been decided on and sorted out some time ago. Ward must know that he is seen as a protected figther by now? common thought is he beats Abraham over 12 anyway, so neautral judges please. ridiculous. Personally i dont see how either party can back out unless they pull a dirrell, so will probably go ahead.

Come on Abraham!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Ward v Abraham in jeopardy Empty Re: Ward v Abraham in jeopardy

Post by manos de piedra Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:32 pm

To be honest I have always thought judges should be from a neutral country in boxing regardless but it should have been sorted ages ago.

It seriously undermines the credibilty of judging in general when disputes over the judges can jeopardise a fight. They are supposed to be impartial! Unfortunately however there is probably reason enough to make it a worthwhile argument.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:45 pm

Joke is the word that comes to mind, I'd like to know how this effects the Californian commison in recruiting the ref and judges. Its important to be as impartial as possible and am not sure why they are sticking the orr in!

Every seen how Kessler was elbowed and butted and the ref failed to protect him from this fouling which put him off his game plan and ultimatly cost him the fight. And low and behold, its a Californian ref.

Abraham has every right to pull out if they are forcing this issue through.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:14 pm

I knew about Kessler having complaints about the chosen officials, and I'm pretty sure that Dirrell-Abraham had some problems too. Bit of a farce really.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:16 pm

This is exactly the sort of thing that is bad about boxing. And I blame Ward's people for not having the round things to allow their boy out of his hometown. I hope Abraham catches him and puts him to sleep... mad

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

Well it's mainly because Boxing doesn't have a 1 Government body =/ So we can just set the rules straight and not run around millions of different people.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

why it isnt just mandatory to have neutral judges for all world title fights i do not know

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:24 pm

Why not just give ward a bye into the final and get it over with? That's what they wanted when this whole thing started anyway. That's why he's got to the semi's fighting just one member of the first choice line up, that's why he was allowed to butt and elbow his way past Kessler and that's why he's been afforded hometown advantage in every fight. This guy is a joke - it's about time he stopped mincing and whinging and fought outside his own living room. How anyone can rank him above Froch at 168 is beyond me. The S6 has been a joke from start to finish and should serve as a lesson to other prospective tournament organisers of how not to do things.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

Another setback for the S6...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

It was great to see 3 neutral judges doing the Khan McCloskey fight.

Swear I didn't see many people yapping about that, so why the big fuss over this?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:50 pm

what i dont get is why? why build him up, when will boxing chiefs realize losing a to a legit competitor isnt the end of someoen, look at Berto, his stock rose almost as he was in the FOTY thus far. Ward has to be given every advantage and its hilarious.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:51 pm

dee the reason no one yapped over Mckloskey is that he wa sNEVER going to win. maybe we are making too much of it, but the s6 has shown it need neutrality as it has come into quesion in several fights thus far

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:00 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:dee the reason no one yapped over Mckloskey is that he wa sNEVER going to win. maybe we are making too much of it, but the s6 has shown it need neutrality as it has come into quesion in several fights thus far

Froch Kessler decision? Also Ward doing as he pleased almost against Kessler?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:03 pm

Ward has had the advantages but in the circumstances Abraham is lucky at all to be competing for a world title. If this werent a preorganised tournament Abrahams career would be in seriously suspect shape after back to back defeats at the top level. Hes really getting gifted an opportunity so hes not in a position to make demands. The same has been the case for all his opponents bar Kessler.

Presuming the final is Ward v Froch as expected then the fight should be in Vegas.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:13 pm

froch kess decision was fine except for one card, froch should of worked harder

ward was bad v kess, the head buts were chronic

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:16 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Ward has had the advantages but in the circumstances Abraham is lucky at all to be competing for a world title. If this werent a preorganised tournament Abrahams career would be in seriously suspect shape after back to back defeats at the top level. Hes really getting gifted an opportunity so hes not in a position to make demands. The same has been the case for all his opponents bar Kessler.

Presuming the final is Ward v Froch as expected then the fight should be in Vegas.

Might be lucky that he's still got the opportunity to fight for the title be he stills deserves a fair crack of the whip.

Its not bad enough he's fighting in Wards own back garden but to have californian ref and judges aswell is just a farce .This fight might aswell not happen and they should just put Ward in the final.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:19 pm

Ward always seems to just fight in his own backyard with the judges heavily biased on Ward.I would expect Ward too win this but you can see where Abrahams coming from.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:24 pm

Liam_Main4 wrote:Ward always seems to just fight in his own backyard with the judges heavily biased on Ward.I would expect Ward too win this but you can see where Abrahams coming from.

But then we have to remember where Abraham has been fighting for most of his career.........

And I don't really see what the deal is with protecting Ward as he isn't exciting, has almost no personallity and is a known dirty fighter who uses the head and elbows.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:30 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Ward has had the advantages but in the circumstances Abraham is lucky at all to be competing for a world title. If this werent a preorganised tournament Abrahams career would be in seriously suspect shape after back to back defeats at the top level. Hes really getting gifted an opportunity so hes not in a position to make demands. The same has been the case for all his opponents bar Kessler.

Might be lucky that he's still got the opportunity to fight for the title be he stills deserves a fair crack of the whip.

Its not bad enough he's fighting in Wards own back garden but to have californian ref and judges aswell is just a farce .This fight might aswell not happen and they should just put Ward in the final.

I reserve judgement until the fight is over. Ward is liberal with the head but I think he was beating up Kessler on the inside anyway. Even if you dedeucted a point or two it wouldnt have changed the fight for me.

Abraham would actually be lucky if Ward adopted his head first approach as its about the only way he can get near landing on him.

If the fight turns out to be robbery then by all means criticise away but calls the fight is already over are premature.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:36 pm

Fair enough, but I would like to see the reaction of Wards camp if the fight was in Germany with a German ref and a couple of German judges.

Yer but if he would have had points deducted it would have acted as a deterrent and he would obviously not be able to do it as much. As the ref turn a blind eye, Ward continued to foul and knock Kessler of his stride, caused a few cuts and then got the TD.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Apr 2011, 5:09 pm

ward would of beat kess regardless, the fact he headbutted anyway is worse

AA having fought most of his career doesnt mean its just ok that ward gets all the advantages here

Also if it wernt for this tournament AA would never of lost anyway as he wouldnt of fought Direll or Froch so its fine that as he qualified for semis in this tourney he gets a shot at ward ... in this tourny

i hope AA sparks Ward.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 27 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

Not sure what difference it makes when AA is to scared to throw punches against live opposition.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down