The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ???

+8
88Chris05
milkyboy
ShahenshahG
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
TopHat24/7
Dr Gregory House MD
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ??? Empty Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan - 22:16

Always remember Dr Hex a witchdoctor casting a spell on Ray Mancini before the Bramble-Mancini rematch..............

Kind of enjoyed Hoppo ripping up the Puerto Rican flag and then running for his life too....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ??? Empty Re: Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ???

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 16 Jan - 1:21

Did you mean to stick this in the film section Truss?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ??? Empty Re: Boxing's greatest pre-fight press conference ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Jan - 23:15

Thought it would make a change from "Worst sequel"..

Then again the film guys probably know more about Boxing than these guys.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Jan - 23:23

Saucer of milk for one.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Jan - 23:26

Go away.....already enough pests on here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jan - 23:58

Truss what is the matter with you at the moment? You have a dig at people for ruining your threads yet you've spent most of your time recently boring us all with your unfounded persecution complex.

I would have thought some prime Bostonian beefcake would have a bit more about them than to act like a stroppy teenage girl all day.

You're peppering decent threads with your 'angry from Didsbury' act.

Anyway, I thought Riddick Bowe did a clever thing in smacking Larry Donald in the face. Not all that classy but it scared the bejesus out of Donald who could have given Bowe some trouble. As it was, Larry looked like a terrified puppy in the fight. Well and truly intimidated.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:00

You're right it wasn't that classy!!.....and I didn't like it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 0:03

you've spent most of your time recently boring us all with your unfounded persecution complex************************************************************
Wouldn't say it was unfounded...TRUSS has been on the recieving end of some real abuse over the years.

Ironically, much of it was well deserved! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:04

Anyway one else want to have a pop....

Anyone decent ...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 0:07

Nah, looks likes it's still the same old classless low-rent, cheap pop hit and run merchants.

Admit it TRUSS, you'd be confused if we have a bunch of new people insulting you. At least this way you get that nice warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing the insults are good natured even if they're still intentional.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:14

No sugar......plenty of milk.. cuppa

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 17 Jan - 0:34

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Go away.....already enough pests on here..

Ok then. Not sure if it was 'pre-fight' or not, or strictly a presser even, but how about when Larry Holmes hurdled a limo and drop kicked Trevor Berbick?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 0:35

Hang on, may have to take a run up to this one... Run YAAAAAAWN!!!!!!!

There we go!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:37

Wasn't pre fight.....It was because Holmes wouldn't agree to fight him!!

Berbick basically told everyone Holmes had been indulging in a bit of waitress pumping in a Vegas Hotel...Holmes wife was at the press conference!! and word got back to Holmes who'd left moments before..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:39

You can "Yawn" all you like...

But you're the one who's come onto my thread and added nothing in three posts!!

As this is the thread you've posted on most today...Maybe you can see the irony in your statement..

Then again maybe not!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 0:42

Well given that you've only got ONE boxing related comment on here I thought it would be nice to at least keep you company and perhaps point out that you would have been better served writing an article on the great Bradley Pryce.

Then again, maybe not!

Cheer up TRUSSY, I'm only jesting with you. You seems to have become what can only be described as " a right miserable b__tard" of late.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:45

Bowe-Donald post.......plus........Holmes-Berbick post....

Equals one boxing related post!!! clap

Just make the tea...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 17 Jan - 0:47

Here's your winner Truss. Vargas v Mayorga
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T4nt1RgT8k
Cool

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 0:49

Remember it Sean........Thanks for raising the debate... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 0:52

Well TWO replies certainly make the WORLD if difference doesn't it fella?

I retract my previous sentiments re this artice being a pile of cack and hail as one of the finest you've ever written (especially seeing as how it's a rehash of your earlier twelve "Best pre-fight pressers" articles going back seven years)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 17 Jan - 1:13

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bowe-Donald post.......plus........Holmes-Berbick post....

Equals one boxing related post!!! clap

Just make the tea...

You're welcome Wink

Hug

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 1:15

I appreciate your contribution tophat.....as always! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 17 Jan - 2:02

Was it mayorga who qeried oscars manliness and was beaten to the canvas in the fight? Had oscar performed like that he might have taken mosely and trinidad also.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 2:16

DLH's manliness or lack thereof wasn't the motivating factor. I think it was when Mayorga starting insulting Oscar's wife that he pushed the wrong buttons.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 17 Jan - 2:17

ODLH's 'manliness' also wasn't helped by being pictured in nowt but a fish-net stocking-suit. Did he have make up n heels too? Either way, weird.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 2:27

"I may look like the worst Anne Summers model ever but don't have a go at my missus" (Dunno what Oscar said about it but that's my own personal take on men in bodystockings...ahem)

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 17 Jan - 2:29

ShahenshahG wrote:Was it mayorga who qeried oscars manliness and was beaten to the canvas in the fight? Had oscar performed like that he might have taken mosely and trinidad also.

and if he'd worn the tutu when he fought them, it would have improved the ppv figures

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 17 Jan - 2:31

milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Was it mayorga who qeried oscars manliness and was beaten to the canvas in the fight? Had oscar performed like that he might have taken mosely and trinidad also.

and if he'd worn the tutu when he fought them, it would have improved the ppv figures

How? wold ya book it twice?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 2:34

No, he'd have rung his "friends" who would have also ordered the PPV...although you'd have to start asking questions about people who would only watch boxing if it was fought wearing fancy dress. Mind you, Camacho didn't do too badly out of it

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 17 Jan - 2:46

James DeGale's odious and cringeworthy "I want my money...The drinks are on me!" routine, alongside that prat Jim McDonnell, before the Groves fight when the pair of them 'bet' their purses on the outcome, if only for the fact that it made it all the more hilarious when he a) began celebrating prematurely as the result was being announced when the MC said "....and still undefeated", and b) had to squirm even more uncomfortably once the decision had gone to Groves and he was left looking all the more stupid for his pre-fight talk - which was embarrassing, to say the least.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan - 2:47

Hatton's comments re Floyd on their promo tour

"I've missed my son terribly these past few weeks but thanks to Floyd, it's been just like living with a f*****g five year old"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan - 4:00

McDonnell was a bit of a classless punk on a few occasions..

You're right though..... "I like George and I don't want to see his career ruined by James"

makes you squirm now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 17 Jan - 7:27

This thread is old and cold.

Any of Mike's were good. Degale vs Groves was funny in a way.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 18 Jan - 0:00

Barerra vs Morales (don't know which one) but that was pretty heated! You could feel the tension.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Jan - 20:32

School Project wrote:Barerra vs Morales (don't know which one) but that was pretty heated! You could feel the tension.

THe one where they both started throwing punches in suits?

It should have been banned that fight, there licences taken away everybody should have cried and rung up to get the fight cancelled, totally classless the pair of them. Think of the children that were watching, absolutely disgraceful. Cannot believe the fight went ahead without there licences being taken off them and the fight was actualkly sanctioned, can't think as to why there wasn't total outrage at it. Or is it because none of there names aren't Haye...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Jan - 20:34

What....You can't believe their licences weren't taken away????

in a state where a guy gets his ear bitten off and the offender gets a year!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Jan - 20:45

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What....You can't believe their licences weren't taken away????

in a state where a guy gets his ear bitten off and the offender gets a year!!

Was more of sarcasm for the ridiculous reaction of the Haye fight.

But of course being a yank, you don't understand such wit Wink

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 18 Jan - 21:33

88Chris05 wrote:James DeGale's odious and cringeworthy "I want my money...The drinks are on me!" routine, alongside that prat Jim McDonnell, before the Groves fight when the pair of them 'bet' their purses on the outcome, if only for the fact that it made it all the more hilarious when he a) began celebrating prematurely as the result was being announced when the MC said "....and still undefeated", and b) had to squirm even more uncomfortably once the decision had gone to Groves and he was left looking all the more stupid for his pre-fight talk - which was embarrassing, to say the least.

I had to chuckle when DeGale started celebrating only for Adam Booth to flip the bird in his face when Groves was announced winner.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 18 Jan - 21:34

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that Mayorga wasn't half the fighter the other two were.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan - 0:35

Come now, Mayora battered Forrest who had previously bested Mosley...twice.

C beats B who beat A....surely that's proof positive!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down