The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section?

+9
User 774433
lags72
invisiblecoolers
socal1976
HM Murdock
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
newballs
Henman Bill
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Are We Here?

What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 17 ]
What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 33

What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Empty What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section?

Post by Henman Bill Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Please vote now.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section?

Post by sportslover Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

Spot on in both posts falzy!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Point of This Forum's Tennis Section?

Post by lags72 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:48 pm

falzy 21 clap for your last two posts

I too often despair at times (though happily far less often than on the old 606), and it invariably prompts a self-imposed break from the forum.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

Spot on falzy. I could not have put it better myself. Very Happy
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:10 pm

The old 606 failed with mediocre to non moderation and it became all to easy for anyone to really post some nasty and inaccurate stuff on there.

Places like here and other forums because of the strength of moderating which is in effect makes it difficult for them to continuously post their bile. Anyone remember Seifer from last year at Wimbledon? During the Nadal and Rosol match the guy was spewing hatred of the likes I haven't seen in a while.

I think just the threat of moderation serves as a effective deterrent to those with the intent to ruin a forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

I don't like blatently hurtful wind ups or people looking to just annoy others.

I don't like sanctimonious claptrap either, conflict is essential to any forum and I'd rather see it err on the excessive side than otherwise. At the lowest end it's bland and purposeless, and nobody learns anything.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

Conflict is good as it generates positive brain storming sessions and often positive and even innovative thinking can come from it. I think at times there tends to be an over-sensitivity issue if someone's favourite player comes under scrutiny. Live and let live I say.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:58 pm

Who'd be a Mod, eh? They'd have to be an idiot!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Who'd be a Mod, eh? They'd have to be an idiot!

Ok julius I can't resist low hanging fruit, that is why I often go for the drunk fat girl in the bar, it seems that you fit the job description to the letter.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

falzy21 wrote:The point is that these top guys have worked and achieved probably more than any of us ever have, and we should respect them for that. You pick a side yes, and you don't have to like the style they play, but its the result of years of work, and to belittle that because youre angwy that they beat youre player or you dont like them is a schoolboy bullys mentality.

Good post falzy, we have a new sheriff in town and he doesn't take any crap. Post more often, I like your fairness and your ferocity.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:57 pm

socal1976 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Who'd be a Mod, eh? They'd have to be an idiot!

Ok julius I can't resist low hanging fruit, that is why I often go for the drunk fat girl in the bar, it seems that you fit the job description to the letter.

I'm glad someone took the bait!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2