The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri

+3
dyrewolfe
Fernando
bogbrush
7 posters

Go down

Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri Empty Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri

Post by bogbrush Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I can see why he prefers 100% focus from the team but he certainly presents as someone who doesn't fancy competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/21305374

But sources close to Ferrari now say the Spaniard and the team renegotiated their agreement towards the end of last season and that one of Alonso's demands was that they not sign Vettel alongside him.

If Vettel is willing to go as equal rather and Alonso isn't, I know who looks the braver and more confident in his ability.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri Empty Re: Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri

Post by Fernando Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:54 am

It's a sensible move by Alonso. You just have to look at the top sides with 2 competitive drivers it just doesn't work nowadays.

It's why Ferrari kept Massa and Red Bull kept Webber because their not going to challenge their main man

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri Empty Re: Alonso blocks Vettel joining Ferarri

Post by bogbrush Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:02 am

I agree, it's sensible. Especially after the experience at McLaren.

It is food for thought for Vettel detractors who want them in the same car, though.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 am

Can't say I'm at all surprised at Alonso protecting his interests.

In fairness, he's probably protecting the team as well. With a number 1 driver to focus their efforts on, they can channel their resources more effectively and don't have to worry about having 2 big egos bumping wheels on track or arguing in the pit lane.

Of course, there is the old argument about putting all your eggs in one basket. It hurt Ferrari quite a bit last season in the races Fernando didn't finish or finished poorly. Its one of the reasons I like McLaren...although I'm guessing since Button will be the de facto team leader, he will get some preferential treatment this season.

Unfortunately F1 is far too corporate these days and teams needs to present a squeaky-clean, united image for their sponsors. I can't see many teams willing to risk a re-run of the Senna-Prost battles, or even the disharmony when Hamilton and Alonso were team mates.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:22 pm

What a load of crud, as if Ferrari are going to let a driver dictate to them who can drive for them, particularly during a time when that driver will be coming to the end of his contract and starting to age anyway.

Just more anti Alonso tripe.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:15 am

Yeah, the BBC and Andrew Benson are big time Alonso haters Rolling Eyes

I see Fernanos poodle did as he was told on the start at the Malaysian.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 am

bogbrush wrote:Yeah, the BBC and Andrew Benson are big time Alonso haters Rolling Eyes

Sorry but that's pathetic. This season Alonso and Massa have been allowed to race. Last season they weren't because Massa wasn't going to win the WDC, sensible.

As for Vettel, yesterday proved why he shouldn't be at Ferrari. As a Ferrari fan, I'd sooner we re-signed Luca Badoer than Sebastian Vettel.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 am

You think Massa is cleared to beat Alonso? Seriously?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:04 am

onlytreblewinners wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Yeah, the BBC and Andrew Benson are big time Alonso haters Rolling Eyes

Sorry but that's pathetic. This season Alonso and Massa have been allowed to race. Last season they weren't because Massa wasn't going to win the WDC, sensible.

As for Vettel, yesterday proved why he shouldn't be at Ferrari. As a Ferrari fan, I'd sooner we re-signed Luca Badoer than Sebastian Vettel.
agree trebs there been allowed to race this year and im a ferrari fan to

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:29 am

Where's Ciambella?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down