The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games?

+4
Casartelli
maestegmafia
SecretFly
Newsilure
8 posters

Go down

Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games? Empty Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games?

Post by Newsilure Mon 4 Feb - 12:44

Having watched the 6N match I am most interested in a couple of times now there are comments on this forum which I totally disagree with. However, I realise that when I am watching 30 players moving at pace I often just focus on incidents or individuals and miss details, in particular players getting on with their job and doing the donkey work of tackling, carrying, etc.

So realising that my opinions are just as likely to be as rubbish as anyone eleses I have been looking for player statistics from the games and cannot find any. I know they exist because pundits have been quoting them in their columns but are they availble anywhere for the general fan to see, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games? Empty Re: Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games?

Post by SecretFly Mon 4 Feb - 12:47

6Nation site or ESPN?

Anyway, best place to find a stat site is to ask a stat hound. I'm sure a few of them will be lying over a bar table as we speak. Go into the rugby site pub and ask around

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games? Empty Re: Help needed, where can we find Player stats for the 6N games?

Post by maestegmafia Mon 4 Feb - 12:49

Statistics are like a bikini, it shows a lot but not the whole thing

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 4 Feb - 12:53

maestegmafia wrote:Statistics are like a bikini, it shows a lot but not the whole thing

What is it with you and bikinis?

Accenture do the stats but they are quite difficult to find. Irish rugby published some from Saturday.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/28249.php

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 4 Feb - 13:01

Iirish tackle stats are absurd. Says something about their fitness levels that they defended that hard and that long against such a physically imposing set of backs

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 4 Feb - 13:03

Hmm - maths must have changed since my day. fro Cas link:

Scrums Won: 6
Scrums Lost: 1
Scrum Success: 67%

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Mon 4 Feb - 13:11

LondonTiger wrote:Hmm - maths must have changed since my day. fro Cas link:

Perhaps scrum success is where the scum actually stays up and the ball comes out rather than having to be reset?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 4 Feb - 13:14

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Iirish tackle stats are absurd. Says something about their fitness levels that they defended that hard and that long against such a physically imposing set of backs

Wales softened us up for your guys.............................. I don't think that defensive trick will come in twos...they'll need a different deck of cards against England

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 4 Feb - 13:15

LondonTiger wrote:Hmm - maths must have changed since my day. fro Cas link:

The first two are own put in stats, the third based on all scrums he participated in.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsilure Mon 4 Feb - 13:34

Thank you all. Casartelli, I have written to the Accenture contact to find out if there is a good link to the stats that can be used by the public, I'll post it if they come back with something.

Beachwear is always on their mind in Maesteg, I watched Bridgend play Maesteg at their ground on boxing day a few years back, the temperature was well below zero and the chap standing next to me was only wearing flip flops, Bermuda shorts and a pint in each hand

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Mon 4 Feb - 13:55

For individual games I look at the Opta provided stats tabs on the ESPN site e.g. http://www.espnscrum.com/six-nations-2013/rugby/match/133783.html

For a tournament overview the Telegraph is pretty good:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/fixtures/3538935/Rugby-Union-Statistics.html

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsilure Mon 4 Feb - 14:30

That helps as well Timhen, the ESPN stats seem broadly in line with the ones the Irish Press are publishing from accenture for the WvI match so the fact that they are both saying similar things suggests they are reasonably accurate

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down