The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

+27
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
Rowley
bhb001
two_tone
Strongback
hogey
JabMachineMK2
eddyfightfan
TheMackemMawler
rycoys
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
seanmichaels
mobilemaster8
Seanusarrilius
Il Gialloblu
Valero's Conscience
jimdig
davidemore
Mr Bounce
Lumbering_Jack
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TRUSSMAN66
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 3 Empty Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Fury Price

Experience 10 10
Power 9 10
Opposition 10 9
Jab 9 10
Right cross 9 10
Left hook 10 10
Uppercut 10 10
Stamina 10 10
Defence 9 10
Heart 10 10
speed 9 10
Ring generalship 9 10
Versatility 10 9
Footwork 9 10
Durability 10 9

Price 147 -143....................Just can't see Fury winning this one...........end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:43 pm

Strongback wrote:
hogey wrote:
Strongback wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:Take it you'd beat him then Strongback?

I didn't think there was such a thing as a powder punching heavyweight but then I saw Tony Tompson.

I think the ultimate non punching Heavyweight is Neven Pajkic you would have to have a chin like a 5 yr old girl to get knocked down by him, oh tell a lie he did once knock some big lump over the blokes name escapes me now, Dyson Angry or something.

You seen Thompson fight?

Lets get real. This fight is a waste of time.

Prices jaw will be in no danger so this is a good reason to make the fight. It's simple Maloney theory. 15 fights in and he still won't have been tested. It's not even a good workout.

When's Price going to take a fight?

That's a fair question in my view.

Still better than anyone Fury has fought and a better puncher than Neven Pajkic who managed to drop Tyson on his backside.
To answer your question Price has been trying to make a fight with another up and coming British Heavyweight but the bloke is all mouth and keeps ducking him.
So surely the real question is when will Tyson grow a set and step in the ring with Price.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Price>Fury......... thumbsup

I wouldn't argue with that. Both are over hyped.

Hard to tell what happens when Price steps up. He's just a bully at the moment, let's see if a few digs in the chin put him flat on the track.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:50 pm

He has had 15 fights with his opposition slowly improving, doesn't sound like a bully in fact he has had a pretty standard start to a career for a good heavyweight. Now after 15 fights he wants to fight Fury shame he is not being given the chance to show he is the better man.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fury is Irish and Price isn't..............so Price is garbage!!

we get it..

Fury's from Manchester.

He has a personality which is why he is getting exposure.

Price is over protected. You going to defend that?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:53 pm

Tyson fought over twenty times before he fought for the title....who'd he beat???

Tillis...Green??????

who'd Bruno beat before Witherspoon.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fury is Irish and Price isn't..............so Price is garbage!!

we get it..

Fury's from Manchester. So

He has a personality which is why he is getting exposure. He has by and large made an idiot of himself

Price is over protected. You going to defend that? He has had 15 fights and wants to fight your boy, tell me who is the one being overprotected and ducking the fight ?????

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:01 pm

Why do people keep saying that these two are overhyped? Naturally the UK and Irish public are a bit excited about two big, decently skilled domestic HWs, but most sane fans are under no illusions about where they are in terms of achievement. I don't understand the need to denigrate one and support the other. Both are worth watching and getting excited about. As a fan of boxing, that's allowed. It doesn't mean you are claiming either one to be a definite world beater.

As far as things stand Fury has fought the better opponents, but has looked dodgy against some weaker opposition. Price has played it relatively safe and has looked good, but needs to step up soon (I actually think TT is a decent opponent, but that's a whole other argument). For me Price looks the more polished boxer and better athlete. I'll have to see him in trouble before I start jumping on the glass chin bandwagon (once ages ago in the amateurs and once from a sucker punch that he preceded to KO the guy isn't enough for evidence for me to stick that label on him yet - although it's clearly enough for some on here to scream about it every chance they get).

What is the issue with the exaggerations, repetition, argument-twisting, and bickering that goes on here? Sometimes it's ridiculous.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm

hogey wrote:
Strongback wrote:
hogey wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I didn't think there was such a thing as a powder punching heavyweight but then I saw Tony Tompson.

I think the ultimate non punching Heavyweight is Neven Pajkic you would have to have a chin like a 5 yr old girl to get knocked down by him, oh tell a lie he did once knock some big lump over the blokes name escapes me now, Dyson Angry or something.

You seen Thompson fight?

Lets get real. This fight is a waste of time.

Prices jaw will be in no danger so this is a good reason to make the fight. It's simple Maloney theory. 15 fights in and he still won't have been tested. It's not even a good workout.

When's Price going to take a fight?

That's a fair question in my view.

Still better than anyone Fury has fought and a better puncher than Neven Pajkic who managed to drop Tyson on his backside.
To answer your question Price has been trying to make a fight with another up and coming British Heavyweight but the bloke is all mouth and keeps ducking him.
So surely the real question is when will Tyson grow a set and step in the ring with Price.

Thompson is not in the league of a fat Chisora. Chisora would be in Prices face. Thompson will mince about the place.

If you read the news you will see Frank Maloney is heading for insolvency. The same man is offering 1,000,000 pounds to Fury for a fight.

Call me old fashion but I have yet to meet a business man who would go for that deal.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

Strongback wrote:

I've done two courses in Krav Maga btw.

Fail the first time?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

hogey wrote:
Strongback wrote:

we get it..

Fury's from Manchester. So

He has a personality which is why he is getting exposure. He has by and large made an idiot of himself

Price is over protected. You going to defend that? He has had 15 fights and wants to fight your boy, tell me who is the one being overprotected and ducking the fight ?????

I've never talked about Fury except to say he has got more hype. I'm no fury fan boy.

I also see him as being from Manchester and not Ireland.

Price has never taken any type of risk.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:12 pm

That would largely be because he's only had 15 fights.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:12 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Fail the first time?

Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:16 pm

He fought and destroyed the man that we all know beat Fury and with the exception of Chisora has fought similar level of opposition, if he fights Thompson whether you rate him or not then he probably will have the best name on either of their records. Price wants Fury which is a risk it seems Tyson will not take.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:20 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Fail the first time?

Nah I did the advanced course.. I'm a certified killing machine.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm

hogey wrote:He fought and destroyed the man that we all know beat Fury and with the exception of Chisora has fought similar level of opposition, if he fights Thompson whether you rate him or not then he probably will have the best name on either of their records. Price wants Fury which is a risk it seems Tyson will not take.

The McDermott that fought Price was a disgrace. Try to keep it real eh.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:25 pm

How much did Chisora weigh when he fought Fury?????????????????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:25 pm

Same could be said about the Chisora that Fury fought. Neither fighter has fought a live opponent, but Fury does appear to go after much smaller guys; Rogan, Maddalone, Johnson and now Cunningham. Price is about to fight a southpaw with the same reach, that is more of a test than Fury is taking.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:28 pm

The McDermott that fought Price was in the same shape and exactly the same weight as the McDermott that gave Fury kittens for 9 rounds in their rematch, 270lb of flesh was much easier to shift when you can punch hard it seems.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:30 pm

Big Titties Little Titties Big Titties Little titties.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

hogey wrote:The McDermott that fought Price was in the same shape and exactly the same weight as the McDermott that gave Fury kittens for 9 rounds in their rematch, 270lb of flesh was much easier to shift when you can punch hard it seems.

McDermot was in his worst ever shape when he fought Price. He was a disgrace to himself and the half decent domestic boxing career he's had.

Chisora was in nowhere near as bad a shape against Fury and is a much better operator than McDermott ever has been. Fury taking that fight could be the making of him when the going gets tough in a big fight when he has to dig deep.

Knocking people over in 2 rounds doesn't teach anything.

Price should have gone to Matchroom and if he had he wouldn't be faffing around with a potentially insolvent horrible little man.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:46 pm

Why is 270lbs any worse than 271lbs, reality is Fury just did not have the tools to deal with McDermott, Unlike Price and even a younger Skelton who both Koed him in a round.
Chisora was blowing out of his arse after a round in a fight he was expected to win, conditioning doesnt get any worse than that.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Allow me to recap. What I have read so far is that Price has fought an iron chinned and ultra skilled Skelton, a supremely fit McDermot, a guy whose previous fight was for the world title and the highly skilled Sexton. All very dangerous oponents.

Now if anyone takes that seriously I hope they also took seriously the comparison Wlad made between Mormeck and Tyson (Mike that is). If anyone still believes that I have a bridge to sell you.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

hogey wrote:Why is 270lbs any worse than 271lbs, reality is Fury just did not have the tools to deal with McDermott, Unlike Price and even a younger Skelton who both Koed him in a round.
Chisora was blowing out of his arse after a round in a fight he was expected to win, conditioning doesnt get any worse than that.

Fury was a lot younger and vastly inexperienced. Price has a wealth of amateur experience. At their respective stages, Price should be fighting a more higher calibre of opponents than Skelton. Lets cut to the chase. Skelton was carp and has always been carp. He lost to Rogan FFS. Had Price fought Rogan when Fury did, his nut huggers would be claiming that as a great win against a guy who beat the bullish and great Skelton, had Sexton out but showed compassion which eventually cost him the fight.

Fury signed to fight a very dangerous Chisora who ws british champ, very dangerous and undefeated. Price fought Dallas. Says it all really.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

Was Dallas not a 48 hour replacement? Besides Chisora their records are pretty much identical talent wise, Fury having 5 more fights really should have the stronger record especially after his "I'm going on to bigger and better things"

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How much did Chisora weigh when he fought Fury?????????????????

He may have dipped in under your weight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:00 pm

The fact is that both are learning their trade one has fought the 7 dwarves and the other has fought some old boys in his last 2 fights.
Skelton is not skilled but will give anyone a harder night than Kingpin
McDermott is never fit and any decent heavy should be able to put him away early doors without too much trouble as proved by the ultra skilled Skelton in 2005.
Sexton has limited skills but is a tough man who was able to beat the aged Belfast cabbie twice before he retired.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

hampo171 wrote:Was Dallas not a 48 hour replacement? Besides Chisora their records are pretty much identical talent wise, Fury having 5 more fights really should have the stronger record especially after his "I'm going on to bigger and better things"

In what way are they identical? Price is fighting leftovers of Fury. Then there is Kingpin. He walks and breathes. Thompson is older than God and slower than molasses.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

19 stone......which makes him a useless fat slob...................

So we can discount Fury's win over Chisora...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

hogey wrote:The fact is that both are learning their trade one has fought the 7 dwarves and the other has fought some old boys in his last 2 fights.
McDermott is never fit and any decent heavy should be able to put him away early doors without too much trouble as proved by the ultra skilled Skelton in 2005.
Sexton has limited skills but is a tough man who was able to beat the aged Belfast cabbie twice before he retired.

45 year old Skelton is now better than Kingpin. Carry on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:19 stone......which makes him a useless fat slob...................

If you say so.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Was Dallas not a 48 hour replacement? Besides Chisora their records are pretty much identical talent wise, Fury having 5 more fights really should have the stronger record especially after his "I'm going on to bigger and better things"

In what way are they identical? Price is fighting leftovers of Fury. Then there is Kingpin. He walks and breathes. Thompson is older than God and slower than molasses.

I would bet that Thompson threw more punches in 6 rounds agains Wladimir than Johnson did against Fury. Johnson is an awful fighter with no ambition, he didn't even try to win against Fury in what should have been called a televised sparring session. Take Chisora off Furys record and it is no better than Prices.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:19 stone......which makes him a useless fat slob...................

He was 18 stone 2 lbs. You telling porkies again.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm

Chisora came into that fight 255lbs which in view of the fact that McDermott is 2 inches taller is equally as chubby, difference is McDermott can fight fat, Chisora was out of breath climbing into the ring while carrying the extra timber. Not Furys fault though he can only beat whats in front of him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:11 pm

hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

I would bet that Thompson threw more punches in 6 rounds agains Wladimir than Johnson did against Fury. Johnson is an awful fighter with no ambition, he didn't even try to win against Fury in what should have been called a televised sparring session. Take Chisora off Furys record and it is no better than Prices.

Thompson was awful against Wlad. Johnson was also woeful. Johnson and Thompson are out of the same gene pool.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

azania wrote:
hogey wrote:The fact is that both are learning their trade one has fought the 7 dwarves and the other has fought some old boys in his last 2 fights.

Not sure if he is better or not, but what has Johnson done over the last few years to suggest he could beat even a 45 year old Skelton ?

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

Why not give Fury the credit he deserves? He totally nullified anything Kingpin tried to do. Simples.

Why take Chisora off his record? If you take all Price's fights off his record he would have a record of 0-0.

I suppose now that Price is fighting TT, TT is the real deal. Had it been Fury you would have found some angle to put down the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

hogey wrote:Chisora came into that fight 255lbs which in view of the fact that McDermott is 2 inches taller is equally as chubby, difference is McDermott can fight fat, Chisora was out of breath climbing into the ring while carrying the extra timber. Not Furys fault though he can only beat whats in front of him.

You really believe that? Don't let logic get in the way of the argument.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

hogey wrote:
azania wrote:

Not sure if he is better or not, but what has Johnson done over the last few years to suggest he could beat even a 45 year old Skelton ?

Wanna buy a bridge?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

6ft and 18' 2''..nice and thin then!! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

azania wrote:Allow me to recap. What I have read so far is that Price has fought an iron chinned and ultra skilled Skelton, a supremely fit McDermot, a guy whose previous fight was for the world title and the highly skilled Sexton. All very dangerous oponents.

Now if anyone takes that seriously I hope they also took seriously the comparison Wlad made between Mormeck and Tyson (Mike that is). If anyone still believes that I have a bridge to sell you.

Where? One person described Skelton as having an iron chin. The rest of what you claim to have read is pretty much invention.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

Strongback wrote:
hogey wrote:Chisora came into that fight 255lbs which in view of the fact that McDermott is 2 inches taller is equally as chubby, difference is McDermott can fight fat, Chisora was out of breath climbing into the ring while carrying the extra timber. Not Furys fault though he can only beat whats in front of him.

You really believe that? Don't let logic get in the way of the argument.

Unfortunately he's convinced himself of that nonsense.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:Allow me to recap. What I have read so far is that Price has fought an iron chinned and ultra skilled Skelton, a supremely fit McDermot, a guy whose previous fight was for the world title and the highly skilled Sexton. All very dangerous oponents.

Where? One person described Skelton as having an iron chin. The rest of what you claim to have read is pretty much invention.

I suggest you read what hogey said about Skelton.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Both have fought decidedly average opponents, I would have to strongly question anyone who rates Chisora any higher than either Johnson or Thompson, he has done nothing to warrant the praise he receives.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Why don't you just come clean as to why you don't like him!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

Why not give Fury the credit he deserves? He totally nullified anything Kingpin tried to do. Simples.

Why take Chisora off his record? If you take all Price's fights off his record he would have a record of 0-0.

I suppose now that Price is fighting TT, TT is the real deal. Had it been Fury you would have found some angle to put down the fight.

I haven't said he's the real deal I said fighting a southpaw with a similar reach could be a test but Thompson is no world beater but he is no worse than Johnson. Fury didn't have to do anything to nullify him as he can with no intention of winning. My point about Chisora is that after fighting him Fury should have gone on to better things, instead he's stalled. Their records aren't that different as neither of them have fought anything close to a decent live opponent but I'd wager that Price would get there first after Furys recent comments.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

Douglas was a slob against Holy at 245 and 6ft 4..........

Chisora was 254 and only 6ft against Fury!!

Great win for Fury!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:23 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Both have fought decidedly average opponents, I would have to strongly question anyone who rates Chisora any higher than either Johnson or Thompson, he has done nothing to warrant the praise he receives.

Of course they've fought average opponents. The HW division is very average. But Fury's opposition is of a higher calibre of average that that of Price.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Douglas was a slob against Holy at 245 and 6ft 4..........

Great win for Fury!!

Yes it was a great win for Fury. Who has Price signed to fight that actually came in to win? As soon as Skelton was hurt he quit. Great win or conning the public?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:27 pm

hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

I haven't said he's the real deal I said fighting a southpaw with a similar reach could be a test but Thompson is no world beater but he is no worse than Johnson. Fury didn't have to do anything to nullify him as he can with no intention of winning. My point about Chisora is that after fighting him Fury should have gone on to better things, instead he's stalled. Their records aren't that different as neither of them have fought anything close to a decent live opponent but I'd wager that Price would get there first after Furys recent comments.

TT is 41 goig on 61. Not getting any better and was never much cop. Terrible fighter but good on Price's record. It looks good when TT quits.

After Chisora, Price was offered a fight. Maloney ran faster than Bolt......the opposite direction. Fact.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Douglas was a slob against Holy at 245 and 6ft 4..........

Great win for Fury!!
[quote]

It was Fury's 8th pro fight and he was fighting for the English title.

That showed ambition or maybe it was foolish but he came through it to live another day even if he didn't deserve the first decision.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next