The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley to leave at end of Season

+17
Cryptoyourisan
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
21st Century Schizoid Man
MacKnocked-on
Knowsit17
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
reallybored
George Carlin
Kingshu
RDW
funnyExiledScot
Imperialbigdave
EWT Spoons
bsando
UlstermaninGlasgow
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bradley to leave at end of Season Empty Bradley to leave at end of Season

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm

Edinburgh Rugby are beginning the search today for a new coaching team to steer the club from the 2013/14 season.

Defence coach Billy McGinty today resigned from his post, while the club confirmed that head coach Michael Bradley will not have his contract renewed at the end of this season.

McGinty said: “I have enjoyed my time at Edinburgh Rugby and have met some fantastic people. The support from the fans has been magnificent. Good luck to Edinburgh Rugby in the future.”

Bradley will continue to coach the side until his contract ends this May, and will share the defensive duties with forwards coach Neil Back, who joined the club in July last year.

Bradley said: “It’s been an honour to be Edinburgh Rugby head coach and I’d like to thank my fellow coaches, management team, players, staff, fans and sponsors for their support these past two years.

“Building a strong club with a clear identity, which has shared ownership from the players, management, fans, sponsors and the community at large is the key driver of all successful teams and, for me, it is critical that this work continues and enables both the club and the team to reach its full potential.

“The undoubted highlight of my two years was the joy on the faces of all connected with Edinburgh Rugby when the final whistle went when we overcame Toulouse in last year’s quarter-final of the Heineken Cup at Murrayfield.

“I am very disappointed by the run of results this season and will put everything into the remainder of the season to help the club build for a brighter future.”

Scottish Rugby’s Chief Executive, Mark Dodson, said: “Michael and Billy have played a pivotal role in a number of memorable games at Murrayfield. In particular, last year’s journey to the Heineken Cup semi-final in Dublin was a highlight.

“This season’s results, however, have been below the standards expected by the club and its fans and we believe the time is right to begin the search for a fresh coaching team.”

Edinburgh Rugby managing director, Craig Docherty, added: “On behalf of everyone at Edinburgh Rugby, I would like to thank Michael and Billy for their on and off field contribution and input to the club over the past couple of seasons.

“They were a major part of the landmark achievement of reaching the Heineken Cup semi-final last year and I wish them all the very best for the future.”

Edinburgh Rugby will begin the recruitment process for new coaching personnel with immediate effect.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/edinburgh-news/4664-search-begins-for-new-coaching-team
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Bradley to leave at end of Season Empty Re: Bradley to leave at end of Season

Post by bsando Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:45 pm

Hah! put this up at exact same time as you Ulsterman, I've deleted mine Smile

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

Thank goodness! This season has just been the biggest pile of turd so far and I hope Edinburgh find the answers next season.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:01 pm

No bother bsando.

Yeah as a Warriors supporter it's kinda bad that Edinburgh have been so shocking this year. Makes the rivalry a bit flat. Get Eddie O'Sullivan in and see what happens! Or Dean Ryan!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:01 pm

Is it wrong I'm disappointed that Back seems to be staying on?

Either way glad McGinty and Bradley are going, I think Dodson and Docherty are being far too kind with their comments.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:25 pm

inevitable. At least Mcginty's stepped down immediately. Cant see him getting another job as a defence coach with his record.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:41 pm

Yahoo

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:45 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Ahem.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

Now that I've got that out the way....

McGinty has done the right thing. His success as defence coach has been akin the the appeasement policy ahead of the Second World War. In fact I'm not sure he can be credited with good intentions.

I hope the search this time is more rigorous than the search that led to the appointment of Gregor Townsend at Glasgow. I also hope, whether ultimately successful or not, that Scottish coaches working with the clubs get a fair hearing in the interview process.

I've always rated Steve Meehan an excellent coach and I hope he's considered. I'd also like to hear that Lineen and Mercer are in the frame for the job. I'd also like to hear that Chalmers has been contacted and given the chance to put his case forward.

What I don't want is Neil Back simply to be promoted, or for a failed coach (Redpath or Tait) to be thrown a bone.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

Billy McGinty has to go down in history as the worst coach ever to coach defence. Good riddance!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
I hope the search this time is more rigorous than the search that led to the appointment of Gregor Townsend at Glasgow. I also hope, whether ultimately successful or not, that Scottish coaches working with the clubs get a fair hearing in the interview process..

I don't know, I could think of worse coaches to have than Dean Ryan...

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

Ryan has made it very clear he has no interest in a long term appointment, and that was for the Scotland job.

I seriously doubt he'll give up his secure and cushy job with SKY to take on the Everest that would be trying to instill some balls into that Edinburgh pack. I'd back Ryan on the scrummaging machine on one side against our current scrum on the other!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

Will the Edinburgh job be an appealing one? External influence from the SRU, a load of jourenymen foreigners on the books, lack of fan base and appealing ground for club matches? Need I say more?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:04 pm

The appeal will be to an up and coming coach, or a coach ultimately with his eyes on the Scotland job (although any coach worth his salt will clearly just apply for it after the 6 Nations).

Not to presuppose the seach, but I think that ultimately we'll end up with one of the Scots coaches here, and my money would be on Lineen and Mercer taking over, with perhaps one of the amateur coaches being appointed to a coaching role. Old faces perhaps, but I'd be happy with that.

We need competence above all else. Moffat and Bradley have been incompetent.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

I’m maybe being harsh because there are some very talented players in the team:

Ford (For now)
Gilchrist
Denton
Rennie
Laidlaw
Scott
De Luca
Cairns
Visser
Tonks

And some good up and coming youngsters. The problem is what he will be left with when they are all away playing for Scotland.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Ryan has made it very clear he has no interest in a long term appointment, and that was for the Scotland job.

I seriously doubt he'll give up his secure and cushy job with SKY to take on the Everest that would be trying to instill some balls into that Edinburgh pack. I'd back Ryan on the scrummaging machine on one side against our current scrum on the other!

I know FES, apologies it was a very, very poor attempt at a joke.

I don't for one second actually think he would be interested in the job, given he's already said he doesn't want to go into coaching (full time) again.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:47 pm

There were some good names in for the Connacht job, the Edinburgh job should be able to attract the same quality,

EoS I think would be a very good pick, for all thats said against him, he is still a very good and experienced coach.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:49 pm

Michael and Billy have played a pivotal role in a number of memorable games at Murrayfield."

You're right about that, Mark Dodson.

Some of those performances go down in memory as the worst thing I've seen on a rugby field since that creamy, beige labrador poo was left next to a touch flag at Millbrae.

Edinburgh deserve a good coach. As I mentioned before on another thread, Kenny Murray or Chickadee are worth hearing out about what they can offer, to say nothing of people like Eddie O'Sullivan that have good recent experience.

Christ alone knows who we'll actually get, though. Wonder if Lineen would take this over?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:16 pm

What about Carl Hogg or Brian Redpath?

Also, Mercer is still employed by the SRU so get him to Murrayfield as well.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

Smell ya later Bradley!

So who's next?

Andy Robinson come on back!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:29 pm

Michael Bradley for Ireland? Aha. Ahahaha. AHAHAHAH- BANG.

Bradley to leave at end of Season Shot-shot-gun-bullet-smiley-emoticon-000660-facebook
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:47 pm

I’d take Andy Robinson back to Edinburgh with open arms! Would he want to come back though? His family still live in Bath and I’d be surprised if we wanted to leave them again – never mind all the other issues surrounding the SRU and his relationship with some of the players.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

Seem to remember Bradley being lauded for his exploits last season. Oh how things can change in less than a year.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 5:10 pm

I presume a number of players be leaving as well.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:41 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:I presume a number of players be leaving as well.

Make that "hope". Titterall, Yapp, Parker, Talei, Leck, Rees, Francis, Atiga, Penn and Sep Visser could all leave and I doubt we'd see any ascertainable impact on performance.

If we ditched all that lot and signed Shiels and Heathcote I'd be happy - plus getting Kennedy back from his loan at Glasgow. Yes, the squad would struggle during the international window, but at least young Scottish players would be getting a chance. Right now we have a team 2/3 foreign journeymen getting humped anyway!

It'll be expensive, but in the long term worth it.

My XV for next season:

1.Shiels 2.Ford 3.Nel 4.Gilchrist 5.Cox 6.Basilia 7.Rennie 8.Denton 9.Laidlaw 10.Heathcote 11.Visser 12.Scott 13.NDL 14.Fife 15.Tonks

16.Hislop 17.Lawrie 18.Cross 19.VDW 20.McInally 21.Kennedy 22.Hunter 23.Cairns

There should be no NSQs permitted in the squad outside that group.

Coached by Lineen and Mercer.

If given the chance to settle as a team, ditching this silly rotation policy, I am convinced that side would do better next season than the current shambles.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Kevin Ferrie indicated in The Herald that Duncan Weir could be going east to get game time ?! Not sure the wee man would go with that. Suppose it depends on Bennett and the Scott Wight situation. Finn Russell also looked rather useful on Sunday when he came on in Parma.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:51 pm

Simon Cross at Accies being tipped as a short-term helping hand on the defensive side for the Gurners

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

How on earth does Neil 'Hand' Back keep his job with his rather obvious failures ?

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Kevin Ferrie indicated in The Herald that Duncan Weir could be going east to get game time ?! Not sure the wee man would go with that. Suppose it depends on Bennett and the Scott Wight situation. Finn Russell also looked rather useful on Sunday when he came on in Parma.

Of course ASBO when I somewhat flippantly referred to 'Bennett' I did mean His Emminence, The Messiah. angel

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

Saw this on another thread, and it seemed sensible to me:

My own rule of thumb is that we should be looking for (roughly) 4players for each position
- a Scot that can challenge for an international place
- an experieced pro as backup, available in international window
- an up and coming Scot
- an EDP

Obviously a squad of 60 isn't possible, so some mixing and overlapping is required, but as a basic formula that makes sense to me

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Kevin Ferrie indicated in The Herald that Duncan Weir could be going east to get game time ?! Not sure the wee man would go with that. Suppose it depends on Bennett and the Scott Wight situation. Finn Russell also looked rather useful on Sunday when he came on in Parma.

Of course ASBO when I somewhat flippantly referred to 'Bennett' I did mean His Emminence, The Messiah. angel

Knew that, buddy, almost goes without saying! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

I think if either Jackson or Weir went it should be Jackson, if the pro teams are going to be a success you need to have local people who kids can associate so why would you move a Glaswegian from a State school away from a place that he could become a hero, also if you want him to be passionate put him in his home team.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:25 pm

I'm not sure when his contract is up, but I reckon Embra could do a lot worse than getting hold of young tighthead Scott Wilson's signature from Newcastle (and seeing if he can't be converted back to Scotland too at the same time)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

I'd be very surprised if any Glasgow player would want to move to Edinburgh - particularly Glasgow boy through and through Weir.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

The problem for Edinburgh and any would-be coach is all these dross players they've brought in rather than taking youth development seriously. Whoever lands the job will probably need a season or two solely to sort out the squad before it can become consistently competitive. I don't think players drifting between Glasgow and Edinburgh is the answer. So long as Edinburgh don't continue to sign nth-rate NSQs, I suppose...

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

FES beat me to it - such a shame that they signed Francis because with Ford moving to Barf, the 10 that they should have signed (and perhaps still should) is Heathcote or young Tommy Allan.

The backs will be fine - Edinburgh need some real quality in the tight five and at least one world class loose forward. They could use someone as good as Strauss desperately - Rennie being away for so long has absolutely killed them, coupled with Talei have a gash season and Denton having to take up the slack.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:06 pm

The key difference is that Edinburgh and Glasgow both signed similar amounts of foreigners, Glasgow signed players who could improve and compete with players in weaker positions whereas Edinburgh signed "squad" players to cover position willy nilly for example Atiga, who must cost an awful lot being a former All Black, in a position in which they already had players like Scott, De Luca, King and Cairns, or they signed Richie Rees to fill a gap whereas Glasgow signed Matawalu to push Cusiter and Pyrgos, I know who I'd rather have.

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:20 am

Would people like Back to remain involved, i'd be tempted to give him another season.

The most important thing was McGinty leaving, hopefully the SRU do the sensible thing and appoint Mercer.

Player-wise there needs to be a re-haul, hopefully this isn't too restricted by contract lengths.

Grant Sheils in, Jacobson out
Scott Wilson in, Cross to be converted to a LH long-term
Fraser Mckenzie

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:18 am

Edinburgh have been woeful this season and have done so at great expense to and very little benefit of the SRU. For that Bradley had to go.

What was it something like 5 Scots in the Starting XV at the weekend? OK its international time, but Glasgow managed to put out 12 (would have been 13 but for the fact they are down to their 5th choice Hooker) and Glasgow have been heavily hit by call ups to Scotland and the 20s.

The odd down year can be accepted if there are positives to be taken from it in player development.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:11 am

reallybored wrote:Would people like Back to remain involved, i'd be tempted to give him another season.

The most important thing was McGinty leaving, hopefully the SRU do the sensible thing and appoint Mercer.

Player-wise there needs to be a re-haul, hopefully this isn't too restricted by contract lengths.

Grant Sheils in, Jacobson out
Scott Wilson in, Cross to be converted to a LH long-term
Fraser Mckenzie

Is this the Scott Wilson who plays for Newcastle? I've read he has decided that he wants to play for England and has a very good chance of doing so, don't expect he would come to Edinburgh on that basis unfortunately.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:57 am

I fear for the rest of the season. These guys have nothing to play for, the coach has nothing to play for and a lot of them have probably found out that they are being released this summer. Add to that the Scotland players who have started to find some form – Ford, Denton, Scott, Visser etc. – they are gonna go back to that team after the 6N and will probably lose all confidence again.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:03 am

Agreed RDW - this was what decimated Cardiff Blues.

Why would you, as a sought after international player, go back to being Bobo the Tackle Monkey in a side which doesn't care?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

Back favourite to succeed Bradley at Edinburgh

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2013/0213/1224329981503.html

Eddie O’Sullivan is another expected to reapply for the position he was favourite to get in 2011, only to surprisingly lose out to Bradley.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:33 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Edinburgh have been woeful this season and have done so at great expense to and very little benefit of the SRU. For that Bradley had to go.

What was it something like 5 Scots in the Starting XV at the weekend? OK its international time, but Glasgow managed to put out 12 (would have been 13 but for the fact they are down to their 5th choice Hooker) and Glasgow have been heavily hit by call ups to Scotland and the 20s.

The odd down year can be accepted if there are positives to be taken from it in player development.

Not "something like" - it "was" only 5 Scots qualified players starting on Saturday. Utterly dreadful. The mismanagement at Edinburgh has been chronic, how on earth did we reach the stage of having only 5 Scots on the pitch during an international window and yet still be slaughtered and look completely inept?

The case for Lineen and Mercer to take over is very strong. All the qualities they brought to Glasgow are sorely missing at Edinburgh, and the recruitment at Glasgow, Tim Visser and Greg Tonks aside, has been to a man streets ahead of the policy at Edinburgh.

The only NSQs permitted MUST be capable of adding significantly to the performance of the 1st XV. No journeymen allowed!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm

Making a tenuous but still worthwhile link, Lineen is apparently 51?

How the hell can that be. He looks about 31. Must be a picture of him in his loft that's in a shocking state. ghost
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm

When I watched the U20 battle strongly against England U20s, a far more powerful and more talented side, you could see the hallmarks of Lineen's efforts in that performance.

Well organised, good defensive shape and smart tactics.

I know Lineen was often criticised because Glasgow didn't play the most free flowing of stuff, but I always felt they played the right tactics given the pitch at Fir Park and the resources he had available in his squad. They also developed into a far more capable attacking side during his tenure, without ever losing that hard edge to their performances.

Surely he must be close to top of the list of coaches to interview. He also has a firm grasp of what's available at U20 level, which will be useful in bringing players into the Edinburgh set-up.

For example I think Hidalgo-Clyne should certainly be pushed forward into the Edinburgh squad next season. I'd have him as 3rd choice scrum half behind Laidlaw and Kennedy, meaning he'll get good game time when Laidlaw is on international duty.

Why continue to muck about with Rees and Leck?? I don't think either are bad players (in fact Rees has probably been our best 9 this season), but neither are sufficiently good so as to justify ignoring young Scots players coming through. If we had Matawalu, that would be a different kettle of fish.

A complete re-think of strategy is required.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:35 pm

I'm happy to keep Reese for another season to provide some experience when Laidlaw is away, but I definitely don't see any point in having Leck over Kennedy or Mr Metro-sexual himself.

Really hope we can terminate Francis' contract a year early - nothing against the guy and he's not a bad player, he's just not any better than Hunter or Leonard.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:10 pm

George Carlin wrote:FES beat me to it - such a shame that they signed Francis because with Ford moving to Barf, the 10 that they should have signed (and perhaps still should) is Heathcote or young Tommy Allan.

The backs will be fine - Edinburgh need some real quality in the tight five and at least one world class loose forward. They could use someone as good as Strauss desperately - Rennie being away for so long has absolutely killed them, coupled with Talei have a gash season and Denton having to take up the slack.

I'm not so sure moving to Scotland would be a good move for Heathcote or Allan. I think three young, up and coming 10s in need of game time would be too many for one club. As long as we only have two pro sides it makes sense for guys like this to develop elsewhere if they can and we can give game time to the likes of Hunter/Leonard/Russell. Maybe Edinburgh could replace Francis with an older, experienced 10 to mentor the young guys but also allowing them plenty chance of game time.

I can't believe we are still struggling to develop top class tens in Scotland after all these years. We really can't afford to let any more talent stagnate. A couple of years ago we were talking about Alex Blair and Rory Hutton being the next big things at Edinburgh, Frazier Climo was looking like signing for Glasgow with a view to residency qualification and Fraser Gillies was in the Racing Metro academy. For various reasons all of them have fallen through the net. Now we have Hunter and Leonard getting ignored while a NSQ journeyman plays, Russell is (rightly) 4th choice at Glasgow and Lee Millar can't get a contract at all!

What it all comes back to is the old debate about third and fourth pro teams. But until that is a realistic option, why not get foreign teams to develop our players for us!

Oh and Lineen for head coach!

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:14 pm

Would be strange if Lineen took the job - the SRU were adamant that his new role was a promotion, so would he have to be demoted to become coach??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:23 pm

I'm sure the SRU would find a way of backtracking on their previous horse manure line regarding Lineen.

They could just say that coaching Glasgow is beneath being head scout, which is in turn beneath coaching Edinburgh.

Seems a perfectly reasonable hierarchy to me!

Pat - the problem is I don't see Heathcote doing much developing next season at Bath behind Donald and Ford, which is why I'm keen to see him at Edinburgh. He'd be our first choice, with Hunter 2nd in line and Leonard providing cover.

With Laidlaw at 9 and Scott and De Luca in the centres, I don't see an issue with having a young 10. Heathcote has already played in some big games for Bath, and he's been around their 1st XV for a couple of seasons. I'd have no issue seeing him as our 1st choice 10 next season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next